• Published 20th Apr 2012
  • 1,760 Views, 34 Comments

Buckflankia - overlord-flinx



Equestria--A micro-monarchy; central capital, Canterlot. Chances of silly anarchy? Way too high.

  • ...
2
 34
 1,760

Chapter One: A pony to Pony them all.

There is a nation called… Equestria. A micro-monarchy to be accurate. It’s located between a thick, eerie forest called Everfree. Equestria itself is large, but the main point, Canterlot, is not all too big; being no larger then twenty acres of land. With a rich history and economic productivity, it has been easily dubbed a nation. The entire nation is ruled over by an ageless pony named Princess Celestia and her sister Luna.

Now Equestria may seem like a lot to take in with all their guards; but Discord knows I always wanted to run my own nation; and that I’ll do just about anything to get it. Even… dare I even think it? Plan a hostile take over against my own teacher…

I’m Twilight Sparkle; and I have a strong feeling that nopony will see harmony quite like this…


The Canterlot royal hall was curiously vacant as both Princess Luna and Celestia sat together on a jointed throne. Normally guards would be stationed around each corner of the grand hall; along with the lot of the nobility trotting about with high domineers. But for whatever the reason there was nothing. Luna furrowed her brows nervously and turned to her elder sister, seeing that she was keeping unnaturally calm. “Sister?”

“Yes Luna? What’s wrong?” Celestia replied gently.

“Do you ever feel like something is terribly wrong…?”

“Wrong? Yes, I have that feeling time to time,” Celestia answered honestly, “why? Are you feeling that right now?”

“In a way…” unsure of herself, Luna looked towards one of the many stain glass windows that lined the grand hall, “I have this unshakeable feeling that something… something…”

“Something bad is going to happen?”

Luna shook her head slowly, her face filled with a growing fear. “Worse… I have this feeling that something… irrational is about to happen. Something absolutely, ridiculously absurd in every manner of the phrasing.”

With a soft chuckle, Celestia rested one of her wings on her sister’s tense back. “Don’t worry little sister. In all my years of running Equestria, nothing absurd has ever happened in Canterlot that I myself hadn’t orchestrated,” once more Celestia laughed and gave a soft pat to her sister, “All will be fine.”

“If it makes no difference to you, sister,” Luna began to say with a deep groan, “I will withhold any sort of enthusiasm until this is confirmed…”

“Do as you wish,” Celestia retracted her wing and returned to looking off into the distance; at the main entrance to the grand hall.

Suddenly, the main door swung open with a purple-ish tint encasing it. Both princesses looked to the entryway with mixed looks as they saw Celestia’s faithful student trotting in with a slow calm about her. Quickly, the princesses sprouted smiles and gave Twilight a light, greeting nod. “Twilight Sparkle, what brings you to Canterlot?” Celestia greeted cheerfully.
“It’s a rare sight to be sure,” Luna agreed, forgetting all about what tension she had been piling up on herself.

Twilight gave each princess a returning nod and smiled cutely at them. “Well, I prepared a small speech for my arrival,” Twilight said while pulling a clutch of index cards from a satchel clinging to her side, “Do you mind?”

“Not at all, go right ahead,” Celestia urged her on.

Clearing her throat, Twilight began to read over her cards while holding them up with a glow of her horn, “Pleasantries to you two, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, I am Twilight Sparkle; Element of Magic, Ponyville scholar, and all around friendly pony.”

Both Celestia and Luna exchanged smiles with one another, visibly charmed with this spectacle. “I for one am fine and in good health. Over my time in Ponyville and all over Equestria, I’ve compiled a mass of friends, allies, and acquaintances; and, not to brag, it’s a fairly grand collection.” Switching her cards, Twilight continued, “I have come to notice your large land of Equestria as well in the meantime; more particularly your capital of Canterlot. You two must be very proud of it.” Celestia nodded in agreement while Luna began to feel a sinking feeling twisting in her gut. “However… to fair, Canterlot is not all too big and clearly you two aren’t either,” suddenly Celestia quirked a brow at that comment, “Now, I won’t beat around the proverbial bush here, I’m going to, well, invade you!” Twilight said in a cheerful tone.

Luna’s expression became shocked as her jaw dropped a little, while Celestia had begun to smile warmly, “My alliance is going to storm Canterlot, dethrone you, and occupy the capital, claiming it as our own,” Twilight continued to read off her speech in a cheerful manner, “Now please, don’t get any ideas of fighting back or trying to stop us in our seizing of the city. As I stated before, my alliance is a mighty collection of skilled individuals, each one complimenting the rest into a perfect, unified force. While you two have, what? Just the two of you and a few guards?” Twilight chuckled as if the idea was unthinkable.

Luna stammered out with dumbfounded loss of words, completely unable to process what she was hearing. “But, because of our past and our student-teacher relationship, Princess Celestia, I will give you one day to evacuate Canterlot before my alliance and I rain down our conquest on you,” finishing off the last card, Twilight tucked the cards away and gave the princesses a simple, kind nod before departing out the main doors she entered through.
Exiting the grand hall, the doors slammed behind her with the same magic that opened them previously. Once more the hall became devoid of sound and the princesses sat on their throne quietly. “W-What was that—“ Luna began to say, giving her elder sister a distort look.

“Luna,” Celestia stated flatly. Just then, Celestia’s horn tinted with a golden hue, lifting a strange green hat from behind the throne and plopping it atop her sister’s head, “it…is… time.” Celestia said with a growing smile, leaving her sister even more confused with a general hat placed on her head.