• Published 1st Nov 2011
  • 1,389 Views, 10 Comments

One Trick Pony - Saphin



Excerpts from the journal of a Great and Powerful pony

  • ...
1
 10
 1,389

The Second Journal Entries 6-10

Entry 6

Trixie has the most annoying roommate ever!

I was studying up on some old spells and trying to learn some new tricks for my comeback when in walks Scribbler! Apparently she was looked over as a freelance writer for some paper in Canterlot; Equestria, something-or-other. I wasn't paying attention. I just nodded and kept trying to study.

I must've read the same page a hundred times because by the time Scribbler FINALLY left me in peace I was on the same spell and didn't remember reading ANY of it!

Oh well, it was some lame spell that made ponies grow facial hair. Who would waste their time with such a useless spell!?

-The Great and Powerful Trixie (wants to strangle her roommate!)



Entry 7

Trixie has been here two weeks and already she feels she knows Scribbler BETTER than she knows herself!

Scribbler won't stop talking about herself! Is there anything more annoying than a self-important pony?

Lets see, since this morning Trixie's learned that:
Scribbler is a pegasus from Mountreal (a city not far from Bridleton apparently), her family travelled a lot when she was little, her father was a traveling salespony and her mother didn't work, she wants to be a famous journalist, she loves scary stories, she hates her job (selling celery stalks at a vegetable cart in the town market), she's a klutz, she finds critters icky (I'll be using that to my advantage later), oh and she NEVER STOPS TALKING!

If Trixie doesn't get out of here soon she won't be held responsible for what might happen!

-The Great and ANNOYED Trixie!



Entry 8

The Great and Powerful Trixie decided to put on a show today. Or at least, she tried to. The vendors said the soonest I could use their venue for performing would be in a months time - maybe longer! At this rate I'll run out of bits for sure!

At least Scribbler is out. Maybe I can use this time to catch up on all those spells I've been meaning to try?

-The Great and Powerful Trixie



Entry 9

Scribbler came home in tears last night. I couldn't help but feel sorry for her. Apparently some stallions in town were picking on her. Trixie has never felt worse for wishing bad things to happen to somepony. Seeing Scribbler crying there, helpless and hurt, reminded Trixie of her earlier days when she started performing. It made Trixie wish she could do something to help her. To comfort her.

Then, Trixie had a plan!

The Great and Powerful Trixie is performing tomorrow, and she's put together a few new spells to deal with show-boating unicorns. Trixie gave Scribbler a ticket to the show - someplace in the back so she can observe unseen. Trixie told her it would make her feel all better tomorrow.

And then Trixie sent the two stallions that tormented poor Scribbler two tickets to the show. Front row seats of course.

-The Great and Scheming Trixie



Entry 10

Trixie's plan went off without a hitch. As expected the two stallion's showed up and started to heckle Trixie. Nothing Trixie wasn't used to already. So I decided to give THEM a shot at the limelight! Show them it wasn't as EASY as they thought!

Trixie challenged them to a simple game. Whoever could magically lift a small ball through a magic glowing hoop with greater ease was the winner. They didn't know what was coming. They struggled and couldn't lift the tiny tiny ball with very much ease at all! The crowd laughed and jeered! It might've helped if Trixie hadn't enchanted the ball to weigh as much as the stallions themselves. And if that wasn't enough, Trixie used her animate-light spell to shrink and move the goal. Oh how everypony laughed at them.

Oh! This is my favorite part! They started to blame each other! They even started to fight! It was priceless! Two grown stallions bucking at each other and trying to knock each others teeth out! Well, the owner of the venue wasn't too pleased with this, but the show was a success anyway! Trixie collected her generous pay and left.

Scribbler was so happy to see those two stallions making foals of themselves! She thanked Trixie for everything.

Well Journal, that's enough bragging about my wonderful show for now.

It's time Trixie left this one-horse town!

-The Great and Powerful Trixie (is back!)