• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 1,390 Views, 80 Comments

You Wouldn't Believe Me if I Told You - PinkiePiedPiper

  • ...
10
 80
 1,390

Chapter 6: Meeting the Players

Here is the disclaimer: I don’t own MLP: FiM, aside from my Pinkie, Rainbow, and Applejack figures. Oh, oops! I don’t own the RIGHTS to MLP: FiM. That belongs to Lauren Faust and Hasbro.

You Wouldn’t Believe Me if I Told You

Chapter 6: Meet the Players

It had taken a few minutes for Steve to calm down after his transformation, even with Rainbow and Twilight trying to restrain him. Which brony on earth would not love to be transported among ponies and to become one? Twilight wanted him to calm down because he was scaring the other ponies, who all still had little grasp of what was going on.

But now he was calmer, if still a bit giddy, but settled enough to think clearly.

“Now that we are all ok,” Twilight started, “what do we do now?”

“Now wait a minute!” Rainbow interjected. “Who made him the leader?”

“Well, the way I see it, he is the only pony here who knows something about what is going on and what we are up against. Between this Sauron guy and the ‘Battle Royale’ he has us in, I for one am way out of my element…Element! The Elements of Harmony! If the other girls were brought here we could combat Discord and Sauron with the Elements!”

The revelation seemed to make both girls perk right up as they got up and headed to the nearby group of confused ponies, and Steve followed behind. Steve really wanted to see the Elements used up close and personal, but he wanted to meet the other ponies slightly more at the moment.

“Don’t you need the actual Elements and the bearers present to use them?” Steve asked.

“Duh!” Rainbow responded. “But ever since that changling invasion, Twi put a spell on the Elements to make them invisible and inco- incorpi-“

“Incorporeal, meaning you cannot touch them.” Twilight interjected.

“Yeah, incorporeal,” Rainbow recovered, “so that we are all always wearing our Elemental ornament and don’t have to worry about finding or getting to them. So as soon as we need ‘em, then Bam! we got ‘em!”

“Cool! I bet that’s come in handy on a few occasions!” Steve praised.

“More than you know,” Twilight grimaced.

Twilight noticed Applejack and Rarity near the other side of the crowd and headed straight over to them. On the way, Steve got a good view of lots of well-known and well-loved background ponies and supporting characters. He saw Lyra and Bon Bon chatting with Cheerilee and Berry Punch. They seemed to ignore him in general, as they did not know him at all. Lyra, however, gave him a creepy, piercing glare, as if to say, ‘I know what you are.’ Some fanfics told Steve to avoid Lyra, as she was known for her fanatical following of humans which could lead to experimentation and dissection. Others, more liked by Steve, were far more gentle in their approach, such as her befriending humans or even becoming one.

I wonder if I will figure out which ones are true, if any, he mused.

Steve also saw Flim and Flam; Flam is the one with the moustache if you were not sure, conversationally double teaming on Sapphire Shores the pop star and Fleur de Lis the supermodel. Flim and Flam seemed to be talking about something or other really excitedly, while both Sapphire and Fleur were awkwardly trying to back out of the conversation.

Beyond them were Trixie and Ditzy Doo, not talking to anypony. They both seemed a bit left out, and Steve was just about to talk to them, when Twilight called out.

“Steve! Hurry up slowpoke! Come over here and meet the girls!” She waved him over from among her friends from a good 10 meters out from the rest of the group. Steve saw no sign of Fluttershy or Pinkie Pie, the most adorable and the most random of the Mane 6, respectively.He hurried over.

“Applejack, Rarity, this is my new friend Steve. He is a human, or was one, from another reality!” Twilight introduced. Steve gave a big smile and a little salute, something he was used to doing back home as opposed to waving. Not because he was in the army or anything, saluting was just more fun.

“It’s nice to meet you, Applejack. I’ve… heard so much about you.”

He shot a glance to Rainbow, who gave a knowing smile.

“Well howdy there, Steve!” Applejack replied, tipping her hat. “Twilight here was sayin’ that y’all saved her life before y’all had even met! The way Ah figure it, anypony who helps another pony out who they don’t even know is a right good pony in mah books!”

“If it’s possible, do you think I could come down to Sweet Apple Acres and try my hoof at apple-bucking?” Steve asked hopefully.

“A’ course y’all can come down to the farm! There’s always somethin’ ta do, on account of it bein’ a farm an’ all.” She said, matter-of-factly.

Steve, not wanting to be rude, turned to face Rarity. “Bonjour, Mademoiselle Rarity. It is a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance.” He reached down and scooped up her hoof, giving it a light kiss.

“Oh my!” Rarity smiled and giggled lightly. “Such a gentleman! Twilight, dear, you never mentioned that he has such proper manners.”

Twilight rolled her eyes, giggling as well.

Steve released her hoof gingerly and, breaking the pleasant introductions asked, “Now, has anypony seen Pinkie Pie or Fluttershy?”

“Eee-yup.”

On cue, Big Mac came trotting up to the group with a trembling Fluttershy on his back. Her mane and tail were disheveled a bit, probably from her quaking.

Or they were summoned in the middle of something. They WERE on their honeymoon…, Steve thought dirtily.

They girls issued their greetings to the pair, and Steve gave his belated congratulations to the newlyweds. Upon hearing the voices of her friends, Fluttershy became bolder and revitalized, stepping off of Big Mac’s back and into the group, which became a group hug. Steve was introduced to both Fluttershy and Big Mac, but on account of her usual shyness and his usual inarticulate-ness, they were very brief introductions indeed.

“Nice to meet you!”

“…hi, I’m …Fluttersh(squeak).”

“Hey there Big Mac. Nice meeting you.”

“Eee-yup.”

Big Mac then lifted his head up and called out towards the edge of the forest, “It’s OK to come out. It’s safe.”

And like that, the three Cutie Mark Crusaders, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Applebloom came out of the darkness like a shot, screeching to a halt just short of a collision with Big Mac’s hind legs.

“Rarity! I’m so glad you’re here!” Sweetie Belle cried as she ran to her big sister, who each gave the other a big hug. “I was so scared!” she buried her face into Rarity’s shoulder fur.

“It’s OK now,” she soothed, “I’m here now.” Small tears fell from her face, and a growing wet spot appeared on her shoulder as Sweetie sobbed lightly.

Applebloom likewise was clinging to Applejack for comfort, and Scootaloo to Rainbow Dash.

Steve cheered inwardly. Tears welled outwardly.

Big Mac said, in his low, slow tone. “Found ‘em wanderin’ around a small ways in the forest, all lost and scared like. They weren’t cryin’ then, so it musta been that Discord fella an’ what he was sayin’.”

Steve noticed that even the CMCs were wearing their neck belts and saddlebags, and a piece of his heart exploded. And sudden realization hit him.

Everypony he had seen had only one star on their necks. Each of the CMC had 2.

Discord, you mother f-

* * * * *

“Princess Celestia!”

The royal alicorn sister of the day looked up suddenly from her work desk. Visiting hours were officially over, and so she had been trying to relax by writing her memoirs. By now it was a very long book with no release day in sight.

She looked behind her just in time to spy Pinkie Pie come rocketing out of a tuba propped against the wall while riding a large toothless alligator. Before the impending collision, all she managed to think was:

I don’t remember having a tuba.