• Published 7th Sep 2014
  • 1,853 Views, 7 Comments

Fractured Fairy Tails: Twilight Sparkle in Wonderland - Unknown Tale



Twilight Sparkle fell down the rabbit hole. Join her on an adventure through the mad world of Wonderland. What secrets are hiding in this world?

  • ...
5
 7
 1,853

Seven - The Mad Tea Party

The three finally reached Pinkie's house. "How curious," Twilight managed to say. Rainbow Dash flew back down to the ground to walk the rest of the way. "This is it, ponies." They could see Pinkie Pie and Applejack having the time of their lives with Derpy, Spike, Dazzle, and Bloom. "So then TIME would never do a thing for me again. It is always five o'clock here!" Pinkie Pie said.

"Yeah, it was a really weird day," Applejack replied. "I still have flashbacks..."

Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Shining Star walked over to them. "Hi, Twilight!" Bloom said, recognizing Twilight Sparkle easily.

Pinkie Pie and Applejack turned to them. "No room! No room! Turn back!" they said in unison quickly.

"Really? I can see a few empty chairs over there," Shining Star inquired. "In fact, I think this table was meant for more than," he paused to count the number of ponies (plus Spike) in his view, "six."

Rainbow Dash looked at the table and added, "Yeah, even the table is set up in the same way."

"Oh, Cheshire Dash, what a pleasant surprise," Pinkie Pie said trying to change the subject. "But... who's the dark blue pony?"

"Shining Star, at your service," he replied. "But who are you two?"

"I'm Pinkie Hatter, and this is my closest friend, literally and figuratively, Apple Hare."

"Why don't you have a seat you three?" Dazzle politely offered. Twilight, Shine, and Rainbow Dash sat down in three of the available seats.

Pinkie Pie took a sip of some tea before pouring some into some of the tea cups. "We're celebrating our un-birthdays today if you didn't know ponies."

Twilight Sparkle was confused. "Hatter, I don't understand what you mean."

Applejack quickly interjected, "It is very simple. You know how there's one birthday every year right? Well count all the rest and you get 364. Which is why we're gathered here to celebrate."

"Oh! I get it now!"

Pinkie Pie then whispered to Twilight, "Let's try and keep it between each other."

"Sorry, what'd you ponies say?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Pinkie Pie laughed. "Nothing at all Cheshire Dash." Dash shot a look at her like she was saying I'm watchin' you, Hatter.

Twilight Sparkle drank a bit of her tea. Shining Star then said, "So Hatter, I was thinking. I couldn't find any logic to the word never other than the original meaning. Got any ideas?"

"How about replacing the second E with an A and then reversing it to spell Raven?" Derpy replied. "Good idea Derpy, I never thought of that before." Derpy bowed. "MORE TEA?" Applejack asked. Shining Star held out his teacup nicely along with Spike and Rainbow Dash. "Try not to make mine iced," Spike requested. "So, who's this time you talked about?" Shining Star asked Pinkie Pie.

"Oh, it all happened when I was playing a part for the Queen's musical. It was a little hard to perform, but I was singing real well...
Twinkle, Twinkle, little bat
how I wonder what you're at
Up above the world you fly,
like a tea tray in the sky.
The next thing I know I hear the Queen say 'STOP! STOP! We're losing time! Take her away!' Then Time, he decided to stop working with me and my watch stays the same every day. So then TIME would never do a thing for me again. It is always five o'clock here! Which is why we never have time to do the dishes."

Twilight Sparkle then said, "Oh dear, I'm glad you're okay."

Shining Star drank a bit of his tea. "That is strange to the max." Then he thought, Wait, Time's a HE!?

Pinkie Pie suddenly grabs the small plate under her tea cup and starts dipping it in her tea. "Now, I heard you were seeking some... excuse me..." Pinkie Pie took a bite out of the plate. "... you were seeking some information of some kind."

Twilight Sparkle nodded and said, "I'm looking for somepony with an orange waistcoat and a pocket watch."

Applejack then replied, "We seen her a few seconds ago. I NEED A CLEAN CUP!" Everypony at the table then moved one seat clockwise. "She might be comin' back any moment. Hey Pinkie Hatter? Know any good riddles?"

Pinkie Pie nodded and asked, "Why is a Raven like a Writing Desk?" Twilight Sparkle started thinking for a moment. "Good question..."

Derpy and Rainbow Dash were very clueless, but Bloom and Dazzle thought Spike knew the answer. Spike did not. Applejack had a funny idea with a Raven with writing all over it. Nopony there knew the answer. Twilight Sparkle finally shrugged and said, "I haven't the slightest idea."

"Nor I," said the others.

"Then, why'd you ask?" Twilight interjected.

Pinkie Pie rolled her eyes. "Oh, just thought one of you ponies knew."

Shining Star then turned his head and saw Fluttershy running to them. "I am so late... Why...?" she said.

Pinkie Pie then said to her, "You're saying, you're late?"

Applejack included, "Let's see your watch." Fluttershy gave it to them. Pinkie Pie looked at the watch and said, "This watch is EXACTLY 2 days slow!" Everypony else but Twilight gasped. A watch that slow? But... how?

"Of course you're late. Let me fix the problem. Butter!" Applejack put a whole stick of butter in the watch. "Tea!" Rainbow Dash, as if on cue, accidentally spilled her tea onto the watch. "I'll get you more! Sugar, 2 spoons." Bloom literally gives Pinkie Pie 2 spoons. She then shoves them in the watch. "Jam!" She then puts a lot of jam into the watch.

"Is it gonna jam it?" Twilight Sparkle asked. The ponies laughed real hard hearing that, even Fluttershy.

"Don't be silly Twilight," Pinkie Pie replied. "Lemon!" She then got out a lemonade container. "Not exactly what I was looking for, but I guess it will do for now." She poured cold lemonade onto the watch and closed it up. The next thing that happens is everypony hears a ticking noise in the watch.

"WHAT THE--!?" The watch exploded with butter and jam flying everywhere and the ponies ran from it to keep from being harmed. "You might wanna get a new one," Twilight finally said to Fluttershy.

"Yeah... Such a drag..." Fluttershy then ran off. Twilight ran after Fluttershy to see where she was going. Rainbow Dash flew up to the sky and followed Twilight Sparkle.

Author's Note:

I don't think there will ever be a finalized version of this chapter. There is a lot of room for edits and changes here. If you have any ideas to make this chapter better, please let me know in the comments.
References: The Mad Hatter's Song by Lewis Carroll