• Published 7th Sep 2014
  • 1,852 Views, 7 Comments

Fractured Fairy Tails: Twilight Sparkle in Wonderland - Unknown Tale



Twilight Sparkle fell down the rabbit hole. Join her on an adventure through the mad world of Wonderland. What secrets are hiding in this world?

  • ...
5
 7
 1,852

One - The Rabbit Hole

Twilight woke up a few minutes later and felt as though something around her did change. Wh-what happened? Did I fall asleep? Did I get knocked out? What's going on? She suddenly went back to read her book when she noticed a few things changed in it. The characters then looked awfully familiar. Huh!? I don't remember them being in there! She shook her head. "I must be hallucinating..." But when she looked back, the pages were still the same. She gasped and suddenly closed the book."What's going on?"

Suddenly, she saw Fluttershy running like there was no tomorrow. "Why is Fluttershy wearing an orange coat and rabbit ears... while carrying a watch?" she asked herself as Fluttershy paused to pull out her watch.

Fluttershy looked ahead of her. There was the occasional duck or rabbit that would cross her path, but what was in front of her initially was a stampede of rabbits. She tapped one hoof on the ground impatiently. Twilight was about to remind her she had wings, but before she got the chance the stampede ended. Only one rabbit left behind was trying to hop to the group and took only ten to twenty seconds to get passed Fluttershy. Then she ran off. "I can't be late now...!" she said. Twilight suddenly shook her head in confusion and decided to find out what she was late for. Without thinking of where she might be going, she ran after her.

They soon got to a point in the Everfree Forest that even Twilight doesn't know where in the forest she is. Fluttershy turned a corner and went down a rabbit hole saying, "Sorry for not introducing myself..."

Twilight wasn't sure on what she exactly meant by that, but she started looking at the rabbit hole. How curious. Why would Fluttershy fall down a rabbit hole? Is there something I don't know? She did say she was late. But for what? Only one way to find out. Twilight slowly looked down at the rabbit hole and then one of her hooves accidentally slipped as she fell right in it.

She thought about screaming from how fast she was falling but her fall slowed after a few seconds. Curious. That's not supposed to happen, she thought observing what was around her. She could see old pictures hanging on both sides of the hole and shelves with books, jars, and dishes. She picked out a book thinking something interesting was in it. Only one page had writing on it. "Today is a gift. Be happy you're living in it." Twilight blushed because she knew it was true. She quickly put it back on another shelf.

I don't get it. Today went like normal until I passed out. If only I knew what was going on I could understand everything that is going down. Maybe everything will be better when I get to the bottom of this hole... Wait, shouldn't I be at the center of Equestria by now?

It felt like an hour passed when it was barely two minutes! She heard a loud crash down below followed by Fluttershy's voice. "I got to run if I want to make it on time...! ... ... ... Where's the key for this door...?" she heard Fluttershy say.

Twilight looked down to see how long the rabbit hole is. All she saw were paintings and shelves, going on endlessly. But then she saw the end approaching her. She sighed in relief and opened her wings up. She softly touched the ground with all four hooves and walked down a hallway to a door the size of her, closing her wings back up in the process. "Where in Equestria will this lead to?" she asked. She checked to see if it was unlocked. To her luck, it was. She fully opened the door and walked into another room. "Big question is, Where Am I?"

Twilight looked around. All she saw were blue walls, a red ceiling, and a gray floor. Something did get her attention. She quickly ran over to a red curtain. Pulling it back, she saw a door that can only fit her hoof. "How curious..." Twilight sighed, turned, and then saw a glass table. "I don't remember that being there," she said. Twilight went over to it and then saw a glass bottle on it.

A tag on it in big lettering showed the words Drink Me. There was no warning label on the tag. Twilight Sparkle thought cautiously. Maybe if I drink it, it could make me small enough to fit through the door...! Twilight grabbed the bottle with her telekinesis and only drank HALF of what was in it. She placed the bottle back on the table. At first there was no effect, but soon Twilight started shrinking and only stopped when she was the same size as the door. "Now I know what a candle feels like..." Twilight said as she stopped shrinking. She looked up at what was now a giant table and realized a key was on top of it.

"Great," Twilight said, annoyed. "Now I know the door is locked." Her horn lit up like she was about to teleport, yet nothing happened. Twilight lowered her ears as she now tried to open her wings. There was some type of force that was holding her back from reaching the key like she would normally do. "What can I do now?" Twilight covered her mouth because she saw a glass box when she looked down. "I do remember that was not there either..."

She looked closely inside and saw a cookie with the words Eat Me sprinkled on them. "Maybe this will let me reach the key," she said, flipping open the top of the box. She grabbed the cookie and thought, If the drink made me smaller, perhaps this'll make me grow larger.

She took a bite out of it and instantly started getting bigger by the minute. Twilight sighed in relief but then her head hit the ceiling. "That's more than I expected!" She suddenly had to sit down, having one back hoof press against the door and her tail stuck in between her back and a wall. She then stopped growing. "Oh dear, that's a bit too much for me. I didn't know that cookie's effect was really strong." She looked down, noticing that the bottle still has some of its liquid inside. She sighed in relief. "Alright, first I better grab the key." Twilight grabbed the key and put it in her pocket and then grabbed the drink. "Now I should return to the size of that door." She gulped down what was left of it and shrank back down to the size of the door.

She stood back up and walked back to the door. Twilight inserted the key into it and unlocked it. She opened the door only to be greeted by a sea of water right in front of her. She could see Fluttershy trying to swim to shore. "Got... to... Keep... Going... Must...! Get...! To...! Castle...!"