• Published 12th Sep 2014
  • 1,604 Views, 107 Comments

Doctor Whooves: Silence Will Fall - LightOfTriumph



The Doctor has been given his task by the White Gaurdian and is off to 80 years in the past. Landing in Dodge Junction, he meets up with a familliar man with an unfamilliar face.

  • ...
1
 107
 1,604

The Good Ponies of Dodge Juction

Applejack rushed over and hugged the Doctor. "Don't do that again."

"Of course not," said the Doctor in a reassuring tone. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have to do that again."

"What?!" Applejack asked stunned.

"Well not by myself obviously," the Doctor smiled. "I'm going to need Wonder Chin's help on this one. You understand what needs doing, right Doctor?"

"Of course," Eleven smiled.

"We don't!" complained the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

"Well!" The Doctor seemed all to excited to answer the question. "The crack shut up a bit in the paradox of attempting to delete a Lynchpin from the home universe. The universe is not going to let me never exist, it will find some way to bring me back. It used Amy Pond back in his universe and I think it used Eleven to bring me back to this one. It also can't erase Bowtie, because without Bowtie there is no Doctor. So we're both going to walk into that Light and hopefully the Paradox of erasing things that cannot be erased will cause the crack to shut completely!"

"In other words," Eleven smiled. "We're going to push it shut!"

Applejack blinked. "That may be the craziest damn thing I've ever heard in my life."

"Thank you!" said the Doctor brightly.

"We try," Eleven said smugly.

"N-No...," the Preacher wheezed as he rose weakly to his feet. "I can't let you... I can't let this happen... I can't let this universe survive. Silence will fall. Silence must fall! I-" He was cut of buy two large hooves nailing him square in the chest and flinging him into a nearby wall.

"Nnnope," said Silver Smith in a way that very much resembled his great-grandson.

"Oh! That reminds me..." The Doctor turned to AJ. "Have you figured it out yet? About them?"

"Yeah," Applejack said frankly.

"You see they're your gr-"

"I know," Applejack said.

"Right," the Doctor smiled. He turned to Eleven. "Well, Doctor! I gave an 'avanti' stepping into the crack, I think I owe you this next one. On three?"

The two Doctor's smiled.

"One.. Two... Three... GERONIMOOOO!!!!" they said in unison as they ran toward the back wall.

Both of them managed to pass through the erasing light unscathed and hit the wall bearing the crack. A huge shockwave burst out from the area, knocking everypony in the church prone. The two Doctors put their backs against the crack and seemed to be pushing with all their might, to seemingly no avail.

"It's not working!" the Doctor screamed over the sound of the energy rushing outwards from the gap. "The paradox isn't enough to close the gap! We need another Lynchpin!"

"Oh brilliant!" Eleven yelled. "Don't worry, we'll be fine! I think I saw a Dalek under that pew! He might be willing to help us in bizarro world!"

"The sarcasm is unapreciated- AJ WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!!!" The Doctor caught sight of Applejack readying herself in front of the crack.

"I ain't gonna leave my friends to do this alone," Applejack said firmly. "I can't just sit back and watch!"

"You step into that light and you'll never had existed at all!" the Doctor screamed. "You can't help here!"

"Don't mean I won't try!" Applejack ran into the light, turned on her forehooves and bucked the wall.

Then many things happened at once.

The first thing was that the shockwave that came from the kick threw the Doctors and Applejack several feet backwards, knocking the wind out of AJ. The next was that the church suddenly got a lot dimmer, as if a major light source had been snuffed out. It had been. The crack was gone.

The only remnant of it was a faint whisper that seemed to echo throughout the church hall. Doctor who?

After a brief moment's pause the Doctor righted himself and went to check on Applejack. "AJ!" he said, repeatedly smacking her face. "You're alive! You existed! How are you doing that?"

"You do know I haven't been knocked out right?" AJ said dryly, irritated at the Doctor constantly smacking her face.

"Yeah," the Doctor said, not stopping.

Applejack slapped the Doctor's hoof away and began to right herself, and probably would have done had it not been for three adorable fillies who leaped upon her and the Doctor and forced hugs on them both of them.

"You did it sis!" said Apple Bloom.

"Doc, that was awesome!" Scootaloo smiled.

"Yaaay!" Sweetie Belle chimed in. Then she noticed Eleven, shifting from foot to foot, feeling obviously left out. So she hugged his leg.

"No...," came a weak voice from the front of the church. "No... I can't let this end like this." The Preacher rose to his feet. "I can't let you leave here! This isn't how this ends!!!"

"You're absolutely right," said Discord. "It isn't over yet. There is still you to deal with. You lied to me Preacher. For that you are going to be punished. And I can think of no worse punishment then leaving you here. I can think of nothing more painful then sitting in a confined space with people who once trusted you, and now hate you. How many of their children died because they couldn't get medicine preacher? How many of their friends? All because you were terrified of the word 'Doctor.' Don't worry, though. You'll have a lifetime to think about how to explain it to them. I am leaving you in the capable hooves of the good ponies of Dodge Junction."

Discord turned around to leave, but stopped. "Oh, and just in case you were thinking of cutting either your life, or your time here short, just remember..."

Discord snapped his fingers and a thousand pairs of harsh, judging eyes appeared and surrounded the Preacher.

"I'm. Always. Looking."

Discord snapped his fingers and disappeared from the church, the disembodied eyes still staring at the Silent.


The aftermath was rather jarring. The town seemed full of life again. Without the Preacher's influence Dodge Junction was behaving like a normal, upbeat frontier town. They spent the rest of the day at a saloon talking it out with Silver Smith. He had proposed to Sweet Apple, and the town justice was going to perform the wedding tomorrow. He invited the Doctor, but he couldn't stay. There was still one last Lynchpin to find.

The Doctor walked out that night and stared lovingly at the stars. It occurred to him that in all o his travels in Equestria, he hadn't traveled outside of this planet's time stream. He'd have to fix that sometime.

Eleven joined the Doctor outside. "Well," he smiled. "Sweet Apple really knows how to put'em away. It's a miracle she hasn't gone blind yet."

The Doctor shrugged. "Let them have their fun," the Doctor said with a soft smile, which disappeared as soon as he saw the figure coming down the main road. "And it looks like mine is over..."

The figure of Princess Celestia walked up to the two Doctors, sat down and gave a soft smile.

"I don't suppose you're the real Princess Celestia here to praise me for all of my heroic and noble deeds?" the Doctor asked hopefully.

The White Guardian shook her head.

"Ugh," the Doctor resigned. "Where to next, and what am I looking for?"

"Not yet," the White Guardian smiled. "First I need to send him home, and then I need to do something to thank you, Doctor. You've sacrificed so much for the greater good, now I'm giving you something in return."

"Oh?" the Doctor asked, more intrigued than pleased.

"Remember Doctor," the White Guardian smiled. "You made an appointment with yourself long ago..."

Suddenly a memory awakened in the Doctor's mind. He was young, although he looked old. Barbara and Ian were out of the room, and he had just left Susan behind with David. At that point a young man appeared in his TARDIS. He explained that he was a later regeneration, and told him to take this equation and keep working on it. One day it would save...

It would save...

The Doctor burst out in a wide grin. "Really?" he asked the White Guardian. "You'll make the arrangements to get me there? It is a bit of a trek..."

The White Guardian nodded.

"Oh, fantastic!" the Doctor could barely contain himself. He turned to Eleven. "I'll see you in about an hour! Well, for you it might be a few centuries, but I'll be there, and when I do... Oh..."

The Doctor ran into the Saloon.


It was a surreal experience being in a drinking contest with your own Great Grandmother...

And losing.

AJ was about to pass out when the Doctor burst in the room. "AJ! Come on! We have to do something amazing, courtesy of the White Guardian!"

"Where y'all goin'?" asked Sweet Apple.

"Sweet Celestia," the Doctor said stunned. "Eighteen shots of whiskey and you're not even slurring. Are just immune to intoxica-" The Doctor smacked his forehead. "Come on!"

"Come on, Doctor!" Silver Smith called out. "Where're you folks off to?"

The Doctor burst into a delirious grin. "Oh, Silver. For the first time it far too long...

"I'm going home!"

Author's Note:

One more chapter, and a whole lotta foreshadowing. Stay tuned!:yay:

Please rate and comment!