• Published 12th Sep 2014
  • 1,604 Views, 107 Comments

Doctor Whooves: Silence Will Fall - LightOfTriumph



The Doctor has been given his task by the White Gaurdian and is off to 80 years in the past. Landing in Dodge Junction, he meets up with a familliar man with an unfamilliar face.

  • ...
1
 107
 1,604

24 Hours on the Clock

"Oh you look absolutely smashing!" Rarity said to the stallion trying on the suit. "Black is definitely your color. Sophisticated, and very elegant. I think it's wise that we skip out on the neck wear. Just that black jacket and blue shirt. It's perfect!"

"You didn't have to do this," the stallion smiled. "I was just doing my job..."

"Oh, nonsense," Rarity scoffed. "This is the least I could do. I've needed Unicorn dress horses for quite a while now, the horn is so hard to work around blind and I can't be my own model all the time..."

"Well," the stallion said. "It was my pleasure. The suit looks terrific by the way, thank you. All though, I do feel it's missing something..."

"Hmm," Rarity frowned. "I can't help but agree... Oh! Perhaps a fedora would help the ensemble."

"No, the outfit is perfect...," the stallion sighed. "I think the problem is with me."

"Now, never think that about yourself," Rarity said comfortingly.

"I just don't like the way I look right now," the stallion frowned. "Let me fix it..."

The stallion was enveloped in a blood red flame. In the suit he once wore now stood a Changeling with burning red eyes.

"Ah," the Changeling smiled. "That's much better. Much more... me. Don't you think?"

Rarity backed up to the door to discover it was blocked by two of her plastic dress horses. All of the mannequins in her shop started to move. Shuffling and walking off their poles as if they were alive. Two of the Unicorn models' horns flipped upwards and a small metal protrusion came out of the holes they left.

"I wouldn't think about running," the Changeling smirked. "They may not have eyes, but Autons are deadly good shots. Trust me, I've worked with them before."

"Wh-..." Rarity swallowed hard. "Who are you?"

"Oh, you can call me the Master," he said. "An old acquaintance of the Doctor's. You've met the Doctor, haven't you? That whole business with the Daleks."

"The Doctor isn't here," Rarity said defensively.

"Don't worry, I know that," the Master said pleasantly. "I intend to fix that..." The Master leaned in close to Rarity's ear.

"As soon as you tell me where I can find Ms. Pinkamina Diane Pie."


"Discord!" Applejack cried. "So you're behind all of this!"

"I'm behind nothing," Discord said defensively. "Everything I'm doing is for your own good."

"Sure it is!" yelled Scootaloo.

"You just want to stop the Doctor for... Chaos or something!" Sweetie Belle screamed.

"Yeah, what do you and the Silence have goin' on?" Apple Bloom yelled.

"The agent of the Silence merely opened my eyes," Discord said without an ounce of irony. "I'm protecting my friends. Isn't that what I'm supposed to do, Applejack? I'm not going to let anyone harm you, or anypony back home."

"Protectin' us, right," Applejack scoffed. "From what exactly?"

Discord pointed at the two Doctors. "Them."

They didn't even flinched at being accused.

"The Preacher told me everything," Discord said. "Doctor who? That question is the single most dangerous question ever asked by anyone in the history of any universe. The answer could mean the end of all of them. You two are the only ones who can answer that can feasibly get to Trenzalore in time. When the question is asked, silence must fall, Doctor. You will not be leaving Dodge Junction.

"And you four..." Discord grabbed AJ's hoof and prepared to snap his fingers. "Are coming home with me."

"The hoof we are-" Applejack struggled to get out of Discord's grip.

"Applejack," the Doctor smiled softly. "That's not how you go about this."

Everyone stopped.

"You saw it too," Eleven smiled. "He means it, doesn't he?"

"An elder god of chaos and disharmony," the Doctor laughed. "Truly reformed by the friendship of six mares. It truly is a sight to see. You really would do anything to protect them, wouldn't you? Even if it meant AJ hating you for the rest of her life, you'd do it if it meant keeping them safe."

"But trust me Discord," Eleven began. "The worst thing you can do is trust the Silence. Especially with the people you care about. They will take and do anything to stop me reaching Trenzalore. To the point where I'm thinking of going there simply out of spite, but never mind. I want you to realize that them staying with us is much better than them going wherever the Silence wants to take them. Trust me, they're a bigger threat to this universe than I am."

Applejack looked directly into Discord's eyes. "Discord," she said frankly. "If their right, and you really think this is what's best for us, thank you. But I would trust the Doctor with my life, and I have trusted him to look after my sister. I don't go around doin' that to just anypony. You want me to trust you, Discord, that starts with you trustin' me."

Discord looked at Applejack for a long while before letting go of her hoof. "I won't lie," Discord said. "You're not the only reason I'm doing this. Since the Preacher contacted me, I've... had my doubts."

"Doubts?" asked Apple Bloom. "Like what?"

"Well," Discord started. "For one, he said he was from another universe. I don't doubt it, but hopping between realities is something even I can't do. Traveling through time is a stretch for me. I don't like to make a habit of it."

"I only got here through help of fuddy duddy adimensional entity," Eleven smiled. "I suppose the Silent could have used the other one, but I doubt that the Black Guardian would care about me reaching Trenzalore..."

"Maybe these Silence guys are the next Lynchpin!" Scootaloo guessed.

"No," the two Doctors said in unison.

"An Ideology can’t be a Lynchpin," the Doctor explained. "Plus the White Guardian said that we were dealing with something that 'didn't belong.' Lynchpins belong everywhere. That's the point."

"Wait a minute, did you just call him 'Preacher'?" Eleven asked Discord.

"Ah," Discord smiled. He snapped his fingers and a party hat labeled "Congratulations!" appeared on Eleven's head. "You've spotted the other problem."

"Could you make it a fez?" Eleven took off his party hat and smiled at it. "I'd prefer a fez. Fezzes are-"

"Eleven?" the Doctor said.

"Right, sorry..." Eleven whirled around and looked at Applejack. "AJ! What's a church?"

"A what?" Applejack asked.

The Doctor's jaw dropped. "I hadn't thought of that..."

"There's no need for churches because there is no need for prayer," Eleven explained. "If you want to talk to your deities in Equestria you go to Canterlot and make an appointment. Who needs to pray, when you can suck up to God at a garden party? Which I would suggest doing, often. It certainly can't hurt. Unless god doesn't like sycophants... You know what? Forget I said anything..."

"If Equestria doesn't need places of Worship..." the Doctor began.

"Then why does this town need a preacher?" Eleven smiled. "I've heard that title branded around town a bit. I got here a little before you did. The Preacher is a legend around here. They aren't sure if he even exists. Hence..."

"Fifty five to six," the Doctor reasoned. "Alright, let's have a talk with this 'Preacher' I have some things to confess."

"You have twenty four hours, actually," Discord said smugly.

"What?" asked the Doctor.

"I still don't trust you Doctors," Discord said. He snapped his fingers and a huge digital clock appeared next to him, counting down twenty four hours. "I also don't trust the Silence. However, they made a more definitive case then you did. But I gave Applejack my word. You have twenty four hours to prove to me that the Silence are more of a threat to the universe then you are. Otherwise, I take Applejack and the Crusaders home, and leave you here.

"Oh," Discord snapped his fingers and two stars in a state of constant implosion appeared in his hand. He began to juggle them.

He had stolen the Doctors' Eyes of Harmony. The TARDIS wouldn't function without them.

"Just in case you had any ideas about leaving," Discord laughed as he poofed away.

The two Doctor's were stunned. "Well," Eleven said. "We'd better get to it then!"

"Excuse me!" came a deep... somehow familiar voice behind them.

They all turned to see a muscular young stallion wearing a brown stetson, and a silver star on his chest.

"I'm Sheriff Silver Smith," he said. "And I'm afraid you five are gonna have to come with me."

Author's Note:

'Hmm... I wonder why the Master is kidnapping the Mane Six, and if the SILENCE aren't the lynchpin, who or what is?" He said knowingly, with the intention of driving his readers insane.:trollestia:

Please rate and comment!