• Published 17th Apr 2012
  • 2,632 Views, 86 Comments

Trancending love - shadowwalker



filly and colt mane six meet according to a little outside help

  • ...
8
 86
 2,632

conplications and confrontaitons

Trancending love

Chapter 5 complications and confrontations

Everypony was horror struck at the sight. Pinkie couldn’t find a way to laugh it away and deflated before she started crying. Even Rainbow Dash was heartbroken and couldn’t stop the tears if she even wanted to. Twilight tore her eyes away from the rope to examine the runes. Perhaps they could explain why. She smiled and pointed before reading them aloud. “Harden your heart and clear your emotions. Only then will the truth reveal itself." With everypony looking at her Twilight felt it necessary to explain. “It means that not everything is what it seems. That’s not a pony, it just looks like it.” A magenta aura surrounded the ‘pony’ bringing it into the dying light revealing what it truly was. “See it’s nothing more than an expertly constructed puppet.” Charcoal eyes looked back at the six during its examination. The stitching could be seen on its leather hide. A tag protruding from the back of its neck caught Rarity’s eye.

“Hmm what’s this?” Rarity too like Twilight read aloud. "Congratulations on uncovering the truth hidden in a lie. Feel free to take what lay inside."Pinkie Pie instantly pooffed back up, without the characteristic smile.

“Well that wasn’t a funny joke. Who would do such a thing?” Her answer came from Twilight as the unicorn ripped off the puppets head.

“I don’t think this was a joke Pinkie more of a test.” Twilight said dumping the contents out on the floor. Most of it was white fluffy stuff which Pinkie Pie was enjoying immensely with one of the biggest grins she ever had plastered on her muzzle. “A pass or fail test like the ones we had the first time we came here. Though admittedly this one is a bit darker than those.”

“A bit. Twilight you need to change your definition of a bit.” Rainbow Dash grumbled folding her fore hooves across her chest.

“Ah agree with RD on this one Twi’ that thar is a right more than just a bit.” Applejack cut in. “But on the other hoof it’s also lighter than that cause there wasn’ any life threatenin’ whozamawhatzits.” Twilight wasn’t paying too much attention to either pony instead focusing on the balls of fluff that Pinkie Pie was throwing around.

“GGAAAAAHHH! There’s nothing here but cotton. What are we supposed to do with cotton?” Twilight screamed in her frustration.

“Twilight dear did you ever think you’re looking in the wrong section?” Rarity asked flipping the discarded head over. A brown bag fell out landing with an unmistakable clink. “Whoever did this obviously didn’t believe that anypony would figure this out, or has plenty of bits to spare. After all ten thousand bits is quite a lot.” Everypony just stared at her then the bag. Twilight being logical tried to reason with Rarity while Pinkie being illogical started rambling about what they could do with so much money.

“Rarity ten thousand bits is more than what Filthy Rich makes annually. There’s no way that ten thousand could fit in a pony’s body much less their head. What made you think that it was that much to begin with?”

“Why it says right on the bag.” Rarity exclaimed. Twilight examined it from every angle and sure enough right there on the bag was ten thousand. The two unicorns broke out into an argument on how that many bits could, or from Twilights side could not, fit inside a bag that small. Their raised voices startled Fluttershy who ended up cowering behind Applejack. Applejack tried to calm and reassure the timid pegasus. Pinkie Pie was still going on about possible investments reaching a bouncy castle the size of Ponyville. At which she broke off into a tangent about how much fun a party would be inside such a thing before comparing the downsides as well. Rainbow Dash was getting fed up with all of this. She picked up the bag loosened the string and dumped out its contents. The torrential clatter got everypony’s attention. Pinkie Pie gasped and shot over, poking the pile that was now a good deal larger than her body exclaiming how shiny it was.

“There ya go Twi’. Ah reckon that it was a unicorn tha’ used some sorta expansion spell to make the inside larger than the outside.” Applejack said staring at the bits like everypony else. Nopony needed to do more than look at the pile to know just how much it contained. “Well Ah guess we should put them away and get some shut eye.” The sun had fallen and the moon was just above the horizon when she said this.

“I agree but first something needs to be settled.” Twilight spoke looking at her friends. “Did anypony pack some food I didn’t believe it was necessary before we left.” They each shook their heads. None of them had believed that it would be a problem. “With the bridge out that leaves Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash to get some. Unless Rainbow Dash doesn’t mind taking one of us across and waiting for us to get back.”

“I’ll go I need to stretch my wings anyways.” Rainbow Dash volunteered.

“That’s another thing Rainbow Dash; you can’t show off like you normally do it would draw too much attention.” Twilight warned her friend adding a stern look she had learned while in Canterlot for additional affect. “While we’re on the subject of drawing attention, your mane and cutie-mark will definitely do just that so were going to have to do something about that before you leave. Rarity I trust that you did bring something to do that.”

“Why of course I do. Some dyes for both her coat and mane. And some body paint to alter her cutie-mark.” Rarity answered ruffling through her saddlebags.

“Twilight you can’t hide this much awesomeness.” Rainbow Dash exclaimed running a hoof over her mane.

“We’re not trying to hide awesomeness; we’re trying to hide Rainbow Dash.” Twilight corrected.

“It’s the same thing.” Rainbow Dash argued. Twilight rolled her eyes before heading deeper into the ruined palace. Their destination looked exactly like what it had when they first saw it. Though it was just as if not darker than then as well. A magenta fire flared into existence bathing the stone in light and relative warmth.

“It’s the best I can do girls. It should keep us warm til morning.” The six friends hunkered down close to the fire cuddling together to stave off the rapidly advancing chill. None believed they would get a refreshing nights rest though they still hoped. Hope that was wasted, nopony got more than three maybe four hours if they were lucky. One thought had kept them all awake. ‘What if we’re discovered?’ Pinkie Pie wanted to believe that Selene would help hide them yet something told her that it wasn’t so. “Nopony would be awake yet to run any stands in the market so there’s no point in going yet.” Twilight reasoned to Rainbow Dash who was eager to get going. “Better wait until after sunrise.”

“If you’re in that much of a rush then we could get started now?” Rarity spoke walking over accompanied by her accessories. “The more time we have the better your disguise.”

“Ugh fine. Just don’t make me too frilly.” Rainbow Dash huffed, dropping onto her flanks with a thump. Rarity smiled before getting to work.

“We should start with the mane as it takes the longest to set. Such a monstrosity to ruin such wonderful and unique coloring but it must be done. Twilight dear could you perhaps set out the coat dye? I’ll need it once I’m done with her mane and tail.” Rarity said picking out one color from the many she held in her magic. Levitating the, in Rainbow Dash’s opinion, offending bottle over Rarity dumped half the contents on her head. Wearing what could be called an evil grin the white unicorn nearly tackled her friend to the ground massaging in her chosen color with heavy hooves. The tail received the same treatment. It was hard to tell what the final color would be, at the present time it looked yellow but Rarity assured them that it wasn’t. “Hmm now which one?” Rarity contemplated each color before snatching one. “You’re going to want to close your eyes for this.” She levitated over a brush as she said this. Rainbow Dash looked apprehensive to say the least. “The bristles need to be nice and firm for this to work.” Pouring her chosen liquid on the brush Rarity attacked Rainbow Dash with vigor. Covering every inch of the cyan body down to the last hair or bristle of a feather, including the eye lids. This one took instant affect changing Rainbow Dash from cyan to a deep gray. Now resembling what looks like a storm cloud with freaky hair, wings and eyes, Rainbow Dash looked herself over.

“Not bad, not bad at all I still look awesome. Hey wait Rarity you covered my cutie-mark.” Rainbow Dash stared at her now blank flank.

“Yes well I’ll be fixing that here shortly.” Rarity consoled her levitating over a fine brush and paints. “Hmm now what should it look like?” Rarity seemed at a loss. Ideas struck her with the rising sun, one stood out against them all. “Idea!” She instantly began her procedure by dipping the brush into the white. “Yes, yes, no wait, ah, hmm this should do that. Rainbow Dash quite squirming this is difficult enough as is.”

“Gees Rarity, I can’t help it, it tickles.” Rainbow Dash said fidgeting some more as the brush raced along her flank.

“I don’t care you simply must hold still.” Rarity walked around to the other side of the once cyan now gray pegasus. Work on the other flank began quickly. Pigments flowed together with precision to replicate her earlier work. “Oh dear I may have made a slight oversight.” Rarity confessed taking a few steps back. “We are going to need some water to rinse out the residue left from your dye.” Rarity looked away from her friend to hide some embarrassment when she heard a splash and a splutter followed by Rainbow Dash chastising somepony.

“What’d you do that for Pinkie Pie?” She wasn’t really angry with her pink friend just annoyed.

“Rarity said you needed a bath so I gave you a bath.” Pinkie Pie exclaimed with a vase in her mouth. Rainbow Dash hadn’t noticed but the water had washed away all the yellow revealing a deep, rich blue behind.

“May I introduce Morning Storm. Her special talent is weather manipulation, accomplishing what many pegusi can in less than half the time.” Rarity spoke with pride indicating her cutie-mark replication. Had any of them not known it was a fake they would have believed that what Rarity said was true. The morning sun halfway risen above two
overlapping clouds was convincing enough for anypony. “Remember Rainbow Dash that you absolutely cannot showboat when in town. Only get what we need, it shouldn’t take more than a few days to get back. Right Twilight?”

“Huh oh yeah it should be about that long for me to recover and gather the ingredients, not exactly as easy as I thought." Twilight said looking back at the sun.

“Get goin already Rainbow, Ah’m starving.” Applejack said shoving Rainbow Dash towards a window.

“Alright I’m going sheesh.” Rainbow Dash spread her wings and took off letting her cowpony friend fall flat on her face. Snatching up the bits and her saddlebags she turned to leave only to be stopped by Rarity.

“Hold it. I need to change the clasps on your bags. They stand out too much. It will only take a second.” Rarity lit up her horn, its soft blue glow enveloped the lightning claps. A flash and in place of the lightning bolts were small orange suns. “There, just don’t forget your Morning Storm now.” Rainbow Dash took off out of the nearest window.

Beating her wings to gain altitude Morning Storm flew above the clouds towards the distant town of Ponyville, leaving Rainbow Dash back at the castle with her friends.

Weather pegusi were starting to arrange today’s weather when Morning Storm arrived. One of them called out to her, figuring it would blow her cover to know what to do and where to go when she was a complete stranger flew up to the stallion.

“Mornin’ miss. I haven’t seen you before new here?” He asked kicking out the cloud beneath him.

“Yeah. Could you point me in the direction of a market I need to make some purchases.” Morning Storm said staying out of his way.

“Sure can. Head down this street here and make a left at Carousel Boutique, white building hard to miss the thing actually looks like a carousel that you’d find at a carnival. Anyway about four minutes farther at walking pace on the right will be a bunch of tents and carts that stuff, that’s Ponyville’s market.” The street he was indicating was directly in front of them. Morning Storm called out a thank you as she flew off.

“Who was that?” Another stallion asked

“No idea, never seen her before. We don’t see to many mares around and she isn’t what you would call an eye sore.” The first one responded with a shrug before flying off with his buddy.

“More like eye candy. Did you at least get her name?” The second one asked eagerly.

“Dang I knew I forgot something.”

“You always forget something.” The two argued the entire time they worked, determined to finish quickly.

Morning Storm could hear the two bickering from where she was. She snickered and rolled her eyes. She was used to stallions stumbling about and stuttering when trying to ask her out. She had denied most of them those that she didn’t only got one date being too lame to continue. These foals were no exception. Carousel Boutique came into view quickly not that Morning Storm needed it but the act had to be convincing. She turned left then right at the appropriate times. Touching down she made a mental list on what she should get. A blanket for a picnic, something to eat off of, and of course food. For starters Applejack would want apples or cherries, Rarity would probably want something to watch her figure with so maybe some crackers or lettuce with some sort of vinaigrette. Twilight would want daisies and bread, Fluttershy, well who knows, she would be fine with just about anything. Pinkie Pie would flip if she didn’t get cupcakes and other sweets. The only place to get that would be Sugar Cube Corner. That meant Pinkies double, in other words trouble. Distracted by that thought Morning storm didn’t notice the bouncing pink pony until it was too late. A gasp interrupted her and the torrent of words made her wary.

“I’ve never seen you before. You must be new. If you’re new then you must not know anypony. That means you don’t have any friends. That’s sad, ooh, ooh I know we can be friends. I throw a party for every pony especially for my friends. Wait I haven’t thrown you a party yet. Oh wait but I haven’t welcomed you to Ponyville. My name’s Bubble Berry what’s yours?” The pink stallion said all in one breath, holding out a hoof. Another gasp and he shot off coming back in a few seconds with a wagon. Pushing a big red button on the side Bubble Berry began to sing. "Welcome Welcome Welcome." Getting no farther before confetti burst out of the oven propelling him forward onto his face. Cake batter shot out of four cones on the sides covering Bubble Berry, Morning Storm having expected this moved at the last second escaping the batter. “Whoops guess I put confetti in the oven and cake batter in the confetti cannon once again. Next time I’ll use confetti cake. And fix the timer it went off too early.” Taking the opportunity Morning star tried to leave without being noticed. Only succeeding in moving a few feet before being called out. “Wait I didn’t get your name.”

“Morning Storm.” She called out leaving in a rush.

“Come by Sugar Cube Corner later on. I have a surprise for you.” He called out before bouncing away.

“Whew that was close; I hope that I’ll have no more close encounters.” Morning Storm muttered under her breath. Returning her focus back to her task she turned towards the nearest stand. Some uneventful purchases later and she had nearly everything needed. “Of course I can’t delay it any longer.” With a tired sigh Morning Storm looked up at the familiar gingerbread house like building of Sugar Cube Corner. “Let’s just get this over with. I’ve wasted enough time as is.” Striding forward Morning Storm was greeted with a burst of confetti and one of the noise makers you blow in and get that annoying sound.

"SUPRISE!"Bubble Berry cried popping out of nowhere. “Do you like it? It’s your welcome-to-Ponyville-and-meet-new-friends-party. And you’re the guest of honor Stormy.” Streamers and balloons covered every square inch of wall, floor and ceiling with a banner hanging across reading Welcome Morning Storm.

“I hate to burst your bubble but I only came here to purchase about five baker’s dozen batches of cupcakes.” Morning Storm said coming out of shock. Even though she had expected it the surprise had givin her quite the startle.

“Okie-Dokie-Lokie.” Bubble Berry said maintaining the characteristic smile. “Here you go.” A canvas sack was thrown right in front of Morning Storm. “Twelve bits per, so it comes out to umm.”

“Seven hundred and eighty bits total.” A voice chipped in.

“Exactly.” Bubble Berry confirmed. Morning Storm recognized the voice turning her head confirmed her fears. Dusk Shine wandered over with a quizzical look on his face. Morning Storm already having known the cost had measured out the amount and put it in a separate bag, tossed the bits to Bubble Berry.

“Here gotta fly. See ya.” Morning Storm rambled at Pinkie Pie’s pace grabbing the sack and flying away before either Bubble Berry or Dusk Shine could stop her.

“What does she need so many cupcakes for?” Dusk Shine asked standing next to his friend.

“I don’t know maybe she just likes cupcakes. I know I do.” Bubble Berry responded completely oblivious to Dusk Shines implication.

“Yes well the only pony I know who could eat that many cupcakes is you Berry. Besides I don’t think she really just moved here like I had heard. Didn’t you notice the rolls?” Dusk Shine grumbled.

“She had rolls really I didn’t smell anything. Do you think there jelly filled, or maybe they have raisins? Oh Oh I know, they’re sweet rolls.” Bubble Berry spoke bouncing up and down per usual.

“No not those kind of rolls. Mats you know the ones used for camping.” Dusk Shine corrected. “Hey Blitz. I think I found one of the mares from earlier.” Rainbow Blitz looked up from the hoof wrestling match he was in. the laps in concentration meant the thud was his.

“This one doesn’t count Aj I was distracted.” Blitz said flying over before the cowpony friend could say anything. “Really who? Morning Storm.” Rainbow Blitz was being sarcastic as he said this.

“Yes and I don’t think that Morning Storm is here real name. Follow her and she’ll lead us to the rest.” Dusk Shine said with a nod.

“On it.” Rainbow Blitz gave a salute and took off.


Flying over Ponyville Morning Storm shed her alias becoming Rainbow Dash once more. Angling towards the Ever Free Forrest and her friends Rainbow Dash beat her wings letting the strain and rhythm ease the built up tension. Her gut told her to look behind her as she reached the edge of the forrest. Being one to always trust her gut Rainbow Dash snuck a peek over her shoulder only to bolt down into the canopy for cover. The prismatic streak she had seen along with the distant form of a pegasus meant only one thing. Rainbow Blitz. The one she absolutely could not have seeing her. Though she had to fly slower to navigate the limbs it was safer down here.

“Where’d she get to? I don’t see her anywhere.” Rainbow Blitz said right above the canopy where Rainbow Dash was. He let out a disgruntled huff and flew off tearing off some of the weaker branches in the slipstream.

“Whew that was way too close.” Rainbow Dash muttered flying below the canopy. Well this was something to tell her friends. And probably get an earful on how she had nearly messed up. It wasn’t something she was looking forward to but the longer she was gone the more likely Blitz would come back. Taking off she knew that things could very well go from bad to worse in a matter of seconds. “Better warn the rest of the gang quickly.”


A/N yes it's late oh well enjoy. I hope.