• Published 17th Apr 2012
  • 2,631 Views, 86 Comments

Trancending love - shadowwalker



filly and colt mane six meet according to a little outside help

  • ...
8
 86
 2,631

Take a chance, roll the roulette

Trancending Love

Chapter 6 take a chance, roll the roulette!

“What’s taking Rainbow Dash so long it’s been hours since she left?” Nopony really wanted to argue with Rarity. All their stomachs were rumbling.

“It’s only been two hours Rarity it’s not as long as it seems.” Twilight said. True enough for everypony it had seemed like four or five since Rainbow Dash left. Pinkie Pie was being Pinkie Pie without actually being herself. Crawling on the floor using her fore hooves to propel her, it didn’t seem like she had any energy.

“TWILIGHT! We’ve got a problem I’ve been had. I’m not too sure if that copy colt is following me but he came close to finding me.” Rainbow Dash burst through a window flailing her hooves about.

“Thar ya are. What in tarnation took ya tha’ long?” Applejack chirped getting a whiff of the apples. Pinkie Pie nearly drove Rainbow Dash into a wall as she dived into the iced pieces of heaven called cupcakes.

“Pinkie Pie we don’t have time to eat, we gotta get out of here!” Rainbow Dash screamed prancing about unable to hide her anxiety. The quizzical look on her friend’s faces started to get under her skin. “Come on didn’t you hear me? We need to get out of here.”

“Consarnat RD. What tha hey are ya spoutin?” Applejack spat not really caring about why they had to leave but why they couldn’t eat first.

“I’m being followed that’s why! Look if you want to get caught fine by me but I’m leaving taking all of this with me.” Rainbow Dash waved a hoof indicating all the food and other items she had bought earlier that day. Applejack started to grumble but otherwise stayed silent. Next to her was a saddened Pinkie Pie on the verge of crying. “We can eat later Pinkie Pie, right now we need to leave.”

“Well Ah’m stayin an ya’ll can jus leave them apples here.” Applejack stomped a hoof from reflex. There would be no convincing her now. Everypony knew that though Rainbow Dash tried anyways.

“Aj really? Why do you want to stay? Does it have anything to do with that copy colt, Rainbow Blitz?” Rainbow Dash figured if anything that would be why.

“Now hold up a second. When did Ah say anythin’ about ‘im huh?” Applejack’s reddening face and the defensive stance and tone she used only served to convince them otherwise.

“I agree with Applejack. Perhaps it would be best to stay here.” Twilight surprised everyone by speaking up. “Rarity we would need you to change our appearance as quickly as possible." Twilight levitated over Rarity’s dyes. Selecting one that seemed to catch her fancy Twilight used the same brush that had assaulted Rainbow Dash earlier, to scrub her coat. Only after applying the dye did she realize that once again they had no water. “Pinkie Pie where did you get that water? Pinkie Pie? Uh where is she?” Twilight cocked her head wondering where the pink disaster waiting to happen was. “Oh well. Rarity do you have a light grey perhaps?”

“Why yes dear I do. Why do you ask?” Rarity’s voice spoke volumes about her current confusion.

“Both Applejack and I are going to need disguises if they truly are coming and as for me I think I can work things out. As long as Dusk Shine or Applejacks dimensional counterpart doesn’t show up then I don’t see the problem.” Twilight’s magic enveloped the bottle currently held by Rarity. “Besides I already have an identity figure planed out.” A quick scrub down of both her mane and tail and she was ready. “For Applejack I really don’t know perhaps we should just adjust her cutie-mark and possibly adjust her name so not much needs to be done.”

Applejack started grumbling as everypony started discussing what they could do to her, not bothering to get her input. She had to admit that Twilight’s idea was rather appealing. Wandering over she picked out the bottle labeled orange. She began scrubbing her own flanks pondering the possibilities of what her new cutie-mark would be, as well as her name. Maybe her name could remain the same after all it could happen right? Well no never mind that then it won’t happen any time this century. Perhaps a maiden’s blush would suffice that certainly would allow her to remain connected with her apples. Now what would a name for a pony who had a maiden’s blush for a cutie-mark be like? Maiden Apple would probably work. Though she doubted that Rarity had even heard of maiden’s blush much less seen one, it was the best she could think off. Sweet Apple Acres didn’t grow them nor did any place else close by, that was the main reason she had picked them. The only place that grew them was out in the middle of nowhere up north. The only settlement as far as the eye could see was the farm in which they grew. Being part of the Apple family had benefits even out there. “Rarity, ya’ll can draw an apple fair enough righ’?

“Why yes of course. What pray tell do you have in mind?” Rarity seemed a bit flabbergasted when Applejack spoke up. It took all of a millisecond before she had regained her composure.

“Three apples arranged as ‘afore.” Applejack stated not really paying attention to any pony.

“But what was the point of even trying to change your appearance then?” Rarity asked levitating red paints over.

“Differen’ kind of apple.”

“What kind pray tell? I don’t want to ruin anything.” Rarity was tending to Applejack before Pinkie Pie showed up splashing the three mares with water. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy had moved away seeing her coming.

“Maiden’s blush. Ya seen it ‘afore?” Applejack wrung out her hat while Rarity stood there fuming.

“No. I’m afraid I haven’t.” Rarity managed through gritted teeth. Applejack didn’t respond instead looking towards Twilight, who now looked like she had stepped out of a book literally. The light grey mane blended almost perfectly with the off white coat. Looking more like pages than anything Twilight spoke up.

“Can you draw an open book for me Rarity? And place it on a crescent moon.”

“I can easily sure. Do you mind Applejack if I take care of Twilight first?” Rarity asked grasping the paints in her magic. Applejack shrugged placing her hat back on.

“The rest of ya’ll might wanna get goin’. But leave everythin’ ‘ere. Take some grub ifn ya want, but nothin’ else.” Applejack started rummaging through the mound of everything finding the bag of apples.

“But why if you’re staying why should we have to leave huh?” Rainbow Dash challenged flaring her wings. Applejack looked up, an apple in her mouth. Tossing it up she at the apple in one bite before responding.

“Blitz’ll be ‘ere for one. Pinkie Pie’s double is almost certainly is as well. That and thar’ll be no time ta camouflage any of ya. We’ll jus’ say tha ya’ll ‘re out an’ have no idea when yer gonna get back.” Applejack stated a matter of factly. Honesty had it’s good points and also some bad ones as well. “We’re takin a chance ‘ere. Rollin the roulette as ya might say. Who knows who’ll come, best not have too many of us ‘ere.” With that kind of logic no more arguments were made. The four began sorting through picking out what they wanted at the present time. “Head around back an ya’ll should be fine.” Rarity had just finished up with Twilight and was following the other three out when Applejack hailed her. “Aint cha forgettin’ somethin Rarity?” She asked indicating her still blank flank.

“Oh yes I had forgotten.” Rarity trotted up preparing her weapon of choice. “Now what does this Maiden’s blush look like?”

“Bit rounder than the apples we grow at the farm, green mostly with a patch o’ red like a maiden blushin’, hence the name.” Rarity worked as Applejack described the apple. The quickest work she had ever done but it was also the easiest. With her work complete Rarity packed her belongings and left in a rush, doing her best to remain lady like and appear unflustered and failing miserably. “Let’s get things strait 'afore they show up. Who are you and what does yer mark mean?”

“I am Moonletters. I specialize in astronomy. My cutie-mark represents my talent in documentation especially of the night sky.” Twilight stated in her usual lecturing tone. “And you?”

“Maiden Apple, though mah friends call me Maiden. I grow Maiden’s blush and that’s about all ya need ta know.” Applejack started with an introduction that would work under any circumstance. Hoof steps soon resounded through the halls along with some voices.

“I don’t know why we brought Butterscotch. He’s afraid of everything including his own shadow.” One voice said, pretty obvious to both mares that it was Rainbow Blitz.

“Oh come on Blitzy, we needed both Butterscotch and Elusive to find this place.” A second voice piped in. though they couldn’t hear it both mares could picture Rainbow Blitz grumbling right about now.

“You dragged Butterscotch and I from our weekly visit to the spa and you bothered neither Dusk Shine nor Applejack, not to mention you overlooked telling us why.” Third voice out of what was now confirmed to be four scowled. Elusive probably though the second voice was still a mystery they knew it was Pinkie Pie’s double.

“Dusk Shine would have taken forever to get ready and Applejack would be bucking apples right about now. Dusk Shine thought that the new mare, Morning Storm I think her name was I don’t remember, the guest of honor at Bubble Berry’s latest party, was in disguise. He did tell you about the six mares that pillar left behind yesterday right?”

“Yes he did, now go on.”

“Anyways Dusk shine thinks she’s one of them using an alias for some reason or another.” Rainbow Blitz concluded.

“Uh-huh so you brought us from the spa before we even really got the chance to relax. The party did end about an hour ago when the guest of honor left in such a rush. All for some suspicion that Dusk Shine had and you didn’t see the point in bringing this to his attention. Well I’ve always said you were rash but now you just prove that….” Elusive cut off with his jaw still open, something that was incredibly unlike him.

“Proved what?” Rainbow Blitz snapped. “Huh?” Seeing Bubble Berry or rather not seeing him gave Rainbow Blitz reason to turn around. What greeted his eyes was definitely not what he had expected. Two mare were sitting around a fire eating what should now be called lunch. Both had stopped to stare at them, both had a slight blush on their cheeks. One seemed to regain their thoughts the moment he looked.

“Can I help you with something?” One had asked. She looked like a page without any words. Elusive almost fainted when he saw this fashion disaster. “Oh, wait where are my manners, please come join us have a seat. We weren’t expecting company out here.” Being ever the gentle colt Elusive spoke up.

“We would love to join you my dear and you could perhaps tell us why two lovely mares would be out here when our quaint little home of Ponyville is so close?” He asked taking a seat opposite the orange mare. “But first introductions are in order I am Elusive and these are my friends. Rainbow Blitz, Bubble Berry, and Butterscotch. Butterscotch why don’t you sit here.” Elusive waved a hoof to each stallion as he spoke their names before indicating the space on his right, the space closer to Twilight. Try as she might Twilight couldn’t help but get flustered as the stallion came closer. There was something about him that just made her nervous. Something about Fluttershy’s counterpart made it easy to imagine a candle lit night snuggled up on his side reading a good book. Probably the gentle nature she knew he had or was it something else? Whatever it was she had no idea. Elusive seemed to understand and had an uncharacteristic smile on his face.

“It’s mighty suspicious to be camping in a palace, especially in the Ever Free Forrest.” Rainbow Blitz launched himself into Applejacks face. “Who are you and why are you here? Who are you spying on?”

“We are not spying on anypony! Look if it helps ya get yer suspicion over wit’ mah name’s Maiden Apple. Mah friends call me Maiden. This ‘ere is well Ah think Ah’ll let ‘er tell ya.” Applejack responded. Even though she had been expecting this, it still hurt for Blitz to call her a spy though she didn’t really understand why. All eyes turned to Twilight.

“Well um. M-my name i-is M-Moonletters. A-a-and I – I mean w – we…” Twilight’s nervousness confused Applejack; normally she was such a confident mare. Rainbow Blitz narrowed his gaze while Butterscotch shuffled closer, making her stutter even more. He lowered his gaze while still maintaining eye contact.

“There’s no reason to be nervous we won’t hurt you or your friend.” Butterscotches gentle voice was barely more than a whisper but it did its job. Twilight felt her tension ease yet her heart still pounded in her ears, adrenaline still flooded her veins.

“Right thanks. Anyways as I said I’m Moonletters and we didn’t know this place was occupied otherwise we wouldn’t be out here. But to answer your question, we are out here for me. I am documenting the night sky mainly the constellations and current age of the stars. Any light disrupts the view of the stars. So any civilization is out. I go up on the roof every night to do my documentations.” Twilight got into character at that time. Blitz couldn’t let the extra bedding slide.

“So if it’s just the two of you why are there six beds? Explain that.” Rainbow Blitz wouldn’t let up.

“Now hold up thar a minute. Who said we were alone?” Applejack scolded, now finally accepting her alias as well.

“Maiden please calm down, I can understand where he’s coming from. No we are not alone our friends went for a walk we don’t know when they’ll get back sorry.” Moonletters answered. The faint sound of hoofsteps could be heard if one listened closely as Maiden was. One thought went through her head.

Not Good!