• Published 17th Apr 2012
  • 2,632 Views, 86 Comments

Trancending love - shadowwalker



filly and colt mane six meet according to a little outside help

  • ...
8
 86
 2,632

unwelcome thoughts

Transcending love



Chapter 3 unwelcome thoughts





The sun rose as it always did the storm of three days past forgotten by all except a lavender unicorn. Twilight Sparkle Ponyville’s residential librarian hadn’t been seen since the storm. She had to no surprise of anyone locked herself away studying, what though nopony could really guess. Spike was concerned for his older sister, skipping meals to read, ignoring everypony who came by in preference of a book, and staying up until exhaustion finally dropped her in whatever book she had her muzzle buried in at the time. It was Canterlot all over again. “Twilight you really need to stop studying and get out. Everypony’s worried about you, I’m worried about you.”

“Not yet Spike not just yet.” Twilight explained “I appreciate the concern but I am just so close it shouldn’t take too much longer. Now where did I put ….. ah there it is.” Twilight didn’t even notice the bubbling pick head shoot out of the bookshelf where the book had just been.

“Ooh she is good.” Pinkie Pie crooned popping out of her hiding place. Spike merely grumbled. Twilight’s cry could be heard half way to Canterlot causing both Pinkie Pie and Spike to take cover.

“What was that?” Spike asked from under Twilights desk.

“I think it was Twilight.” Pinkie Pie said once again poking her head out of a bookshelf. As if Celestia herself had designed it Twilight came running down the stairs.

“Spike, oh where did you get to now? Spike there you are. Spike I need you to gather everypony and …. Pinkie Pie when did you get here?” Twilight looked even more confused than she sounded, scanning her memory to answer her own question, snapped back to whatever her train of thought was earlier. “Oh well it doesn’t matter. Meet me at the hill where we watched the meteor shower. I’ve got a couple of things to get before then.” Her saddlebags already on and out the door before Spike could respond.

“Ooh ooh ooh. Is she having a party? I gotta invite everypony in Ponyville!” Pinkie Pie had pulled her party cannon out of somewhere in her mish mash of words. Spike instantly brought her back to reality or as close to reality as Pinkie could get.

“Pinkie Pie she meant you, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack, and Rarity.” Spike corrected her before she burst through the door and him.

“Aaawwwww so it’s not a party?” Pinkie Pie seemed to deflate at the thought. Spike had two thoughts going through his head. What was Twilight planning and weirdly enough where did the party cannon go?

“I don’t know we’ll just have to wait and find out.” Spike shrugged to emphasize his point.

It didn’t take long to find the four ponies. Rarity and Fluttershy were at the spa. Applejack was at Sweet Apple Acres. And to find Rainbow Dash all they had to do was follow the sound of an occasional boom and more often than not a crash. “Sorry Aj I’m trying to perfect a new move. It hasn’t been going to well.” Rainbow Dash had a hard time speaking through a couple of giggle fits. Helping the cowpony up and replacing her Stetson back to its rightful place on her head Rainbow Dash regained her composure. “So you here to cheer me on or what?”

“Twilight’s got a surprise for us.” Pinkie Pie was bouncing around “I can’t wait to find out. It’s so exciting.” Her continuous stream of chatter was ignored.

“That would explain why she asked for a feather.” Rainbow Dash said pondering what her egghead friend could possible do with it. A few seconds later and she decided that maybe it wasn’t the best thing to think about.

“Wait, hold up a minute RD. Twi’ asked for wha’ now?” Applejack didn’t seem to understand or maybe she did just didn’t seem to think it appropriate.

“One of my feathers, didn’t she ask you for something.” Rainbow Dash seemed a little taken aback at her friend’s question.

“She did ask me specifically for a canary diamond. I almost fainted upon hearing her request. Do you have any idea how rare they are? This is my last one.” Rarity showed them a gem barely half the size of Applebloom’s eyes. True to its name the soft yellow shade made it look like a translucent canary, if a canary was round and had some edges meant more for jewelry than flight.

“She didn’ ask me for nuthin’.” Applejack stated. “Ah havn’ seen her for ah few days now.”

“No surprise. She hasn’t left her room in a few days.” Spike grumbled. “Let’s just get going so she can get her nose out of the books sooner.”

“Right.” Everypony else agreed. The walk there was filled with talk of possibilities to what Twilight could possibly have in store for them. Rarity had an idea but didn’t voice it to avoid having to explain. To nopony’s surprise Twilight was waiting for them when they got there. What did surprise them was the web of runes drawn in the ground.

“What in tarnation is all this fancy whatchamacalzit’s for?” Applejack demanded. Twilight instead of answering facehoofed.

“I forgot to inform Spike to tell you that we would be leaving for a few days two maybe but no more than three.” Twilight seemed angry at herself. “I understand if you want to pack a few things.” Her eyes turned to Rarity who was just turning around. “Pack light I’m limiting it to one set of saddlebags for each of us. Oh and Pinkie Pie I need some nectar of the moonlily do you have any?” The pink party pony stopped bouncing as everypony else left to pack.

“Yeah. How much do you need it isn’t exactly something we let go of too often.” Confusion was written all over her pink face. None of the cakes, and she did think of herself as part of the family, ever mention using moonlily nectar or even knowing how to harvest it before. Twilight seemed oblivious to the accusing stares of her friend and handed Pinkie Pie a small vial.

“Just fill this and it will be enough.” Spike hadn’t moved seeing that Twilight had apparently already gone back and packed. “Spike you can’t come with I need you to watch over the library while I’m gone.” Twilight knew him long enough to know that he had been about to ask once Pinkie Pie left. “Think of something special for when I get back.” Spike grumbled to himself and stomped off leaving Twilight by herself. Her friends came back one by one the last being Rarity. Her curiosity got the better of her when she saw Fluttershy carrying a vase made of stone. Not that that was strange in itself after all Fluttershy was practically trying to force them on other ponies and wasn’t doing too good of a job at that. What Twilight wanted one for Rarity had no idea but she doubted it was for something other than the suprise she had in store for them.

“Twilight dear, this wouldn’t happen to do with seeing Dusk Shine would it?” Rarity did her best to keep her excitement out of her voice succeeding with only Twilight. The rest of their friends were developing a headache trying to understand what those two were talking about.

SURPRISE!! Isn’t it just exciting? I can’t wait.” Twilight was acting like Pinkie Pie normally did, bouncing up and down at an alarming rate.

“I certainly am intrigued but really darling cross dimensional transportation of not one but six ponies doesn’t that seem like a bit too much for you.” Rarity seemed a bit distressed. Dumbfounded expressions could be found on the faces of the other four friends even Pinkie Pie seemed to lose some of her endless energy. Fluttershy nearly dropped the vase.

“Oh don’t worry about that the long range teleportation spell used for the base can transport up to seven ponies at once using no more energy than a short ranged personal teleport.”

“Now ah may not understand all that fancy magic business but it sounds to me like tha’ there spell isn’ supposed ta be used for whatever magicy thing Rarity said earlier.” Applejack spoke up rubbing her temple trying to alleviate some of her developing migraine.

“Don’t worry about that I have it all figured out all I have to do is modify the frequency and tweak an energy line causing our atoms to break apart travel along the flow and reform at our destination. Presto instant cross dimensional transportation simple really.” Applejack’s migraine multiplied tenfold at Twilights explanation as did everypony else’s.

“Ah’ll just take your word on it.”

“Right now did everypony bring what I asked?” Fluttershy nodded and set down the vase. Rarity levitated her gem out. Pinkie Pie had the vial filled with a liquid that looked like the moon’s reflection in a still lake in her mouth. Rainbow Dash shifted embarrassed but never the less extended a wing reached back and plucked one of her own feathers. Twilight gripped them all in her magic bringing the vase to the center of the runes. “Thank you. Now the spell does require a ritual so if all of you would stand in a circle around the center we can begin.” Nopony argued and in no time at all they were all standing in a circle.

“A feather of the sky

The gem of the sun’s light

Brought together in a jar of earth

With the essence of the night.”

Twilight added each item as her chant referred to each one. Upon adding the moonlily’s nectar the vase started to give off a light that flowed along the runes looking more like water than light. As the reaction continued the light got brighter. All the runes soon glowed with the light. The crackling air made it hard to hear each other. Rainbow Dash had to scream in order to hear her own voice.

“What’s going on Twilight? I thought it was safe. It feels like I’m being torn apart.”

“That’s supposed to happen it will end soon trust me.” Twilight’s cry could barely be heard. Twilight could barely see the lines that shown in front of her eyes. They were of many different colors and sizes. A tweak of frequency and the lines faded and new threads, she couldn’t think of anything else to call them now, seemed to sprout and fly off one glowed stronger than the rest figuring that was the one she wanted reached out and tweaked it with her magic. At that moment the light emanating from the vase and runes shifted from white to the dull red of the tread. Frightening everypony except Twilight, who couldn’t see the change. Light erupted from the center widening to the edge of the runes before collapsing on itself leaving only a scalded vase, some boiling nectar, a smoldering feather and a cracked diamond.


The pillar of light could be seen from Luna’s room all the way in Canterlot. It seemed to stretch up into the heavens before shrinking. Luna knew that her elder sister would have seen the spectacle as well. Assuming that it would be a few seconds before Celestia barged in as she always did, got out of bed and opened her door only to see Celestia standing there with a hoof raised. “Celly since when do you knock?” Luna asked

“Well I figured your old enough to want some privacy.” Celestia giggled using her already raised hoof to cover her muzzle.

“You should have thought about that about fifteen hundred years ago.” Luna seemed more annoyed than she really was. Striking out towards her sister’s private bathroom Celestia addressed the reason why she had even bothered her sister at this time.

“I assume that today’s spectacle was what you were waiting for?”

“Yes Celly it was.” Luna never stopped until they reached their destination. “I wasn’t working alone on this.” Celestia grinned like a little school filly about to learn a bit of juicy gossip.

“When do I get to meet your partner in crime Lulu?” Celestia never seemed more excited about something in such a long time. Luna’s horn lit and the mirror rippled revealing two other alicorns. The two younger ones responded at the same time.

“Right now.” Instead of some scolding confusion or some other expected reaction. The two midnight blue alicorns were shocked from Celestia’s uncontrollable giggles and Solaris’ booming laughter.

“I told you did I not Celestia that these two would formulate something when they first see each other.” Solaris had recovered first.

“So you did but I don’t think either of us could have predicted it involved our students and their friends. Care to explain you two.” The last part wasn’t a suggestion.

“Um well you see um…” Artemis started. Luna interrupted him.

“First off did they arrive?” Artemis nodded.

“Just arrived.”

“Good. We wanted to thank the Elements of Harmony for releasing us from our nightmare.” Luna began

“And the best way we could think of was to introduce them to their perfect match so to speak, who better than each other.” Artemis concluded. Something clicked in Luna’s head.

“I hope this wasn’t the biggest mistake I have ever made.” The tremor in Luna’s voice and body disturbed every alicorn present.


Author’s note

I would be surprised if anyone made it this far so I feel like it should be said that I wanted to start the next chapter with the mane 6 arriving at their destination and their reaction so yeah cliff hanger on purpose the whole point was to get readers to continue and look forward to the next chapter. I hope this doesn’t fall flat on its face. I’ll try to have a new chapter every week don’t hold me to that though.