• Published 17th Apr 2012
  • 2,632 Views, 86 Comments

Trancending love - shadowwalker



filly and colt mane six meet according to a little outside help

  • ...
8
 86
 2,632

revelations and new chances

Trancending Love

Chapter 7 Revelations and new chances

Clack, clack, clack. With each hoof step both Moonletters’ and Maiden’s worries grew. Butterscotch also showed signs of increasing terror. While Butterscotch was being soothed by Elusive with a little help from Blitz now and again, Moonletters’ paranoia was sky rocketing. It was possible to hear the conversation between two ponies as they drew ever nearer.

“Are you sure that Blitz came this way?” This one drove Moonletters beyond her little tardy incident.

“Ah’m sure Dusk. How many times must Ah tell ya?” Maiden was right up there with her. Twilight forgetting now that she was using an alias did the only thing she could think of. With a flash of light both mares were gone.

“Elusive, Butterscotch, Bubble Berry what are you all doing here?” Dusk asked now entering the room.

“Hmm? Oh they're gone it’s too bad. I think one of them was falling for you Blitz.” Elusive paid no attention towards Dusk Shine or Applejack who was paying more attention towards Bubble Berry than anypony else.

“Heh. The mares can’t get enough of me.” Blitz puffed out his chest as he said this. “Hey Dusk, Aj.”

“And Butterscotch I must say that Moonletters was rather cute don’t you agree?” The sly grin Elusive wore went unnoticed.

“Uh right cute sure.” Butterscotch mumbled.

“Oh you don’t agree?”

“Oh no, it’s not that, it’s that … um … cute seems a bit degrading.” Butterscotch looked down towards his hooves. His face was turning a bright red. While Dusk shine was striking up a conversation around the fire with the other four, Applejack went over to Bubble Berry.

“Care ta explain what yer starin at?”

“Oh yeah my Berry sense went off when we got here. I think it has something to do with those six mares down there.” Bubble Berry was pointing off at some random direction, at least that’s what Applejack thought, until he spotted colors that definitely weren’t natural for this part of the Ever Free Forrest. Pink, white, purple, yellow and orange, all of them belonging in some way to a pony, six different mares.

“Dusk Ah think Berry ‘ere found yer missin mares.”


“Twilight dear what are you doing here?” Rarity asked once she recovered from the flash.

“The other two came so we had to leave!” Twilight nearly screamed.

“And that thar is why ya’ll should shut it and move outa sight.” Applejack chided. Not bothering to listen for an answer or to see if any would follow her, Applejack did just that. While the others followed her Pinkie Pie lagged behind, risking a glance up towards their former hiding place. Seeing both Applejacks and herself as stallions, she waved a hoof before bouncing off to catch her friends.

“Pinkie Pie what did you do?!” Rainbow Dash had seen Pinkie Pie hesitate and wave out of the corner of her eye.

“I waved hi to our new friends duh.” Pinkie responded rolling her eyes.

“Why did you do that? They could have spotted you.” Rainbow Dash asked before groaning.

“Of course they saw me silly. It kinda beats the whole point of waving if I’m not seen.”

“PINKIE PIE YOU GAVE US AWAY!!” Twilight couldn’t stop herself from screaming this time.

“Nope they were already watching us.” Just as she finished speaking Pinkie Pie landed face first into the dirt. “My Pinkie Sense is acting up. My knees are locked so a chase is about to happen. OH, Oh, oh stick me up in that tree here.”

“Just how are you supposed to get away from up there?” Rarity asked.

“I’ll hide.” Twilight levitated Pinkie as she spoke placing her well inside the canopy.

“Now’s not the time to worry about her. Focus on staying away from your dimensional counterpart.” Twilight scolded. “Best we split up.” Every pony gave a quick nod before heading off in some direction except for Fluttershy who dove into a nearby bush. From where she was hiding it took all of thirty seconds before the six stallions came into view, not more than four feet away. Their conversation also was clear though she wasn’t paying much attention to that.

‘Oh no, they’re so close, I’m caught.’ Fluttershy almost went into a coma when the closest one too her, who just happened to be Butterscotch, turned towards the brush she was in. ‘Wait shouldn’t some horridly frightening catastrophe be happening with him so close? Maybe we both have to know about each other, or touch one another.’ She didn’t dare voice out her thoughts.

“Looks like they spilt up two probably took to the sky while it seems fitting that the others ran off.”

“What make’s ya say that Dusk? Ah see only three sets o tracks ta me that means three took off.” Applejack grunted.

“Normally I would agree but only two show signs of being disturbed by takeoff. Thus it can be deduced that the third set that ends here was not ended by flight but something else, magic probably.” Dusk Shine concluded.

“You all go on ahead and try to find the rest. I’m gonna keep this one company.” Bubble Berry said bouncing in place.

“Um I’d like to stay here as well. If you don’t mind anyways.” Butterscotch mumbled looking anywhere but towards his friends.

“Not at all but please do try to find one it isn’t going to be easy.” Elusive spoke up finishing with a gentle smile. The other four chose a set of hoof prints and set off.

“You can come down now. It can’t be much fun up there, OOH maybe you found a candy flower or, or um something else hmmm. We can play my favoritest favorite game in the whole world, PIN THE TAIL ON THE PONY!” With the last part Bubble Berry leapt up racking up nearly ten seconds of air time, cut short by an excited gasp and some snapping twigs before coming back down with an audible oof and another pink pony on top of him.

“I love pin the tail on the pony! When can we start?” Pinkie Pie realized too late just what she had done. She was up on her hooves before anypony could blink. Scrambling around something struck her as odd. “Wait isn’t there supposed to be some catastrophic tear in the very fabric of the universe right about now? Guess not.” Pinkie Pie let out a ‘whew’ wiping her brow at the same time. “Now when are we gonna start?” Butterscotch decided to ignore the two pink lumps of energy in the shape of ponies. Having seen a brush rustle decided to try to persuade a new animal friend to coming out. When he stuck his head in, he bumped muzzles with Fluttershy. Two sets of blue eyes stared into each other both filled with fear. After the initial shock of bumping into her settled Butterscotch did his best to coax her out.

“Come on out nopony’s going to hurt you.” Fluttershy was still in shock but managed to nod. Had she not seen Pinkie Pie land strait on Bubble Berry with no consequence, Fluttershy would have fled right then and there. Stumbling out of her hiding place Fluttershy stood facing Bubble Berry and Pinkie Pie. “Why were you hiding?”

“Well I figured that if we met face to face it would cause an imbalance in the space time continuum causing a fissure in the very fabric of the universe.” Fluttershy managed to say everything without stuttering, which to her was some sort of miracle.

“Dimensional counterparts then? What’s your dimension like?” Butterscotch put everything together before asking.

“The same as yours only everyone’s gender is switched.”

“Everypony will figure out that there’s nothing to worry about. Then we can have a party, a super mega humongous party extravaganza.” Both Pinkie Pie and Bubble Berry exclaimed at once. In the next second both were planning what could possibly be not only the largest party ever but a very real disaster waiting to happen.


Rarity was looking around while walking at a leisurely pace. “Oh dear I’m afraid I’m lost I haven’t any idea where I am or how to get back.” She had thought that talking to herself would help ease her nerves, to no avail. “I shall just have to wait here for them to find me.” Rarity sat in that one spot for what seemed to her for hours, probably because she was absolutely appalled by the fact she had to sit on soil, no grass, roots or anything else. Snapping her out of her little drama episode was her stomach. Lifting her gaze Rarity’s mood soured. “It’s already noon and I’ve had naught a thing to eat all day.” Bringing her gaze back down she found herself staring at a bright red apple and a single cupcake floating in midair.

“Such a sound is unfitting for a lady. Especially one of such beauty as yourself.” A voice called out, undeniably it was a stallion, Rarity almost instantly knew who but at the time she didn’t care.

“Why thank you I do try to look my best.” She said before taking a rather unlady like sized bite out of the apple. The stallion took a seat next to her.

“Perhaps you could explain why you and your friends were running away from us.” He said trying to catch her gaze which remained fixed on the food.

“My dear Elusive, if you ended up in a parallel universe and had no idea what would happen is it so absurd to believe something when it gives a warning though it has just been proven false?” Rarity asked working her charm in hopes to possibly receive some of her, or in this case his, legendary generosity, in the form of a new dress or even better the canary diamond she knew he had.

“I guess not, but I must ask how do you know my name?” Elusive asked both interested and a bit concerned.

“I read your letter to my friend Twilight.” Rarity answered after finishing the cupcake.

“Ah yes I remember that. So where do you come from I presume that it really is from another dimension if your earlier question is to be taken seriously.”

“That would be correct and before you ask my friend Fluttershy brought it up, we had thought that if we met our cross dimensional counterparts then something about the fabric of the universe tearing or something or other I don’t quite remember.” Rarity coincided turning to look at him beating her eye lashes all the while.

“Hmm yes that does make sense. I suggest that we return to the castle for now. I followed your tracks out here I’m pretty sure I can follow ours back.” Elusive said standing up.

“I agree I’ll follow you.” Rarity concluded standing as well.


Twilight was doing her best to hide and not get lost. Her endeavors weren’t going well. Every time she had tried to hide she had lost her trail. Now she was hearing something else. Twigs were snapping and all she could do now was hide and hope whatever it was would pass her up. Paranoia was getting the best of her every sound was some monstrous beast or worse Dusk Shine. Something was out there close by that she was sure off. A twig snapped almost right next to her, way to close for comfort. Twilight took off or tried too not getting two steps before running into something soft and most definitely alive. “Ow that hurt are you alright. You must be Moonletters or should I call you Twilight Sparkle.” The, as it was now clear to her that it was a pony since she was cowering into his chest, pony said. Twilight opened her eyes to look at just who she was lying on top of. To her horror she found herself staring into the eyes of none other than Dusk Shine. “Would you please get off? I can’t breathe too well with you lying on top of me like this.” Twilight Scrambled to get away backing herself into a tree.

“Th-this can’t be happening. Now reality will be shattered, The fabric of the universe will be torn to pieces, IT’S THE END OF EQUESTRIA AS WE KNOW IT!!!” Twilight screamed before curling up into as tight of a ball as she could. Dusk Shine started laughing, serving to get Twilight out of her ball to scream some more. “WHAT’S SO FUNNY THIS IS SERIOUS?!”

“Really Twilight Sparkle may I just call you Twilight you can call me Dusk, anyways really I thought us being the same pony so to speak you would know the difference between reality and some made up nonsense like that. If you got it from your Element of Kindness you should realize that those science fiction comics are just that fiction. Reality doesn’t work the way that they make it out to.” Dusk Shine said after calming down. He extended a hoof towards Twilight, who accepted the offered help to get on her hooves. “We should get back I believe it would be easier to explain the situation if we’re both there.”

“We already know the situation if everypony is back then I won’t have to say anything you have to explain it to your friends. Maybe I’ll have to explain how we got here.” Twilight corrected brushing herself off. “Now how do we get back?”

“Easy just follow the hoof prints.” Dusk Shine said pointing to the hoof prints. Twilight was more than just flustered a slight blush showed on her cheeks from not realizing something so simple. Striking off Twilight wondered just how he knew who she was.

“So what gave it away?”

“Huh oh you mean who you were? The teleport spell you used in the throne room. I read the magical signature the point where you reappeared also proved who you were.” Dusk Shine answered. They walked in silence the rest of the way. Ten ponies were already gathered where they split up.

“Bout time ya got back Dusk.” Aj hailed tipping his hat towards Twilight.

“Rainbow Dash who found you and how?” Twilight asked as she sat down.

“Well I was flying along and…” Rainbow Dash started.

“She got lost an’ ran inta RB ‘ere head first. Ah watched the two collide, an’ with nothin’ ‘appenin Ah turned around an headed ‘ere, ran inta Applejack on mah way back.” Applejack interrupted showing almost no surprise that Dusk Shine and Twilight arrived so late. “It’s almost dark unless ya’ll wanna stay out ‘ere Ah suggest we head back in.”

“I agree and while we’re there we can discuss your housing arrangements during your stay here.” Dusk shine said heading off towards the castle. “For now we’ll just have to stay in the throne room.”


A/N

Well what do you think so far? Leave a comment and let me know. I will tell you here and now that the end is near two chapters or at the most three left. Oh and I appologize for chapter six being late I was predisposed of and couldn't work on it. Warning what I am about to say next is a major spoiler do not pay attention if you don’t want to know.




The elements of harmony are needed to maintain Discord’s prison. Now that they’re gone he may just be released with no way of returning to stone. Luna realized this back in chapter three.