• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 960 Views, 28 Comments

Love For All - Derpyforever



You've read the TLS trilogy, but whatever happened to Twilight and Fluttershy's friends... did they get coltfriends... Join them as they, along with a few others, adventure out into the wonders of love.

  • ...
17
 28
 960

Chapter 9: A Strike Of Heartache

Chapter 9: A Strike Of Heartache

The sun shined through the window of Rainbow Dash's cloud home as the light began to stir her. As the light's intensity increased, Dash slowly blinked open her eyes and yawned as she stretched out her legs and wings.

She crawled out of bed as her hooves met the puffiness of the soft floor. She walked over to Tank, who poked his head out upon hearing his master's movement. Rainbow smiled a little as she gently rubbed his head and dropped in a leaf for him to eat.

"Breakfast of Champions," Rainbow Dash told the tortoise as he began to nibble on the leaf, "I'm thinking I'll head down to Sugar Cube Corner for my own championship delight."

Leaving Tank to finish his breakfast/possibly lunch, Dash left her house and flew to Ponyville. She easily spotted the bakery and busted inside.

"Hey Pinkie! Do you think you can..."

Rainbow stopped when she realized she flew in to see Pinkie Pie and Yellow Frosting nuzzling each other as they sat in one of the booths. The two looked at her in embarrassment as they both went red.

"... Um, what are you doing," Rainbow Dash awkwardly asked.

"We were having an 'employees only' party," Yellow sarcastically replied.

"And you are?"

"Yellow Frosting."

"My coltfriend," Pinkie proudly chippered.

Rainbow Dash's mouth dropped as she said, "You have a coltfriend."

"Yep, now that makes," Pinkie pulled out a calculator from her hair, "divide by 40, carry the one, use the Pythagorean theorem... seven out of nine mentioned in the story description," Pinkie cheerfully exclaimed as she threw the math machine out an open window, "Meaning you need to step it up. You only got one chapter left before the wedding."

Rainbow gave her a sideways glance before looking at Yellow, "Are you sure about her?"

"Why wouldn't I be," Yellow smiled brightly, "She's so amazing and fun and pretty and funny and she is one of the most wonderful mares I've ever met. I mean, it's like looking in a mirror, and that mirror turns out to be a pony, and that pony has all those terrific qualities, and you're like 'Oh My Faust! You're exactly like me'!"

"... They're are two of her," Rainbow blankly replied, as she looked between Pinkie and Yellow.

"Actually, I think 'Oh My Lauren sounds better," Pinkie added.

"Really? I prefer Faust," Yellow replied.

"How about 'Oh My Lauren Faust'," a disembodied voice suggested.

"Nah," Pinkie shook her head as she looked up at the ceiling, "Too much of a mouthful."

"I agree. I mean, you're about to say 'Oh My Lauren Fau-' but get cut off in mid-sentence by what ever you're saying 'Oh My Lauren Faust' over," Yellow pointed out as he too looked up at the ceiling.

There was a silenced before the voice asked, "W-Were talking to me?"

"Duh," Yellow replied.

"What the- How!!!"

"Pinkie wasn't kidding when she said she'll explain later," Yellow explained, "And by the way, I believe I do know what I'm getting myself into. Having a fun and pretty marefriend."

"Aww, thanks," Pinkie giggled as she pecked him on the cheek.

"... They're are two of her," Rainbow repeated, before shaking her head and leaving, "I can't handle one, I won't handle two."

"Alright Rainbow," Pinkie waved, "See you later. Hopefully DF will have somepony good for you!"

Rainbow Dash continued to walk down the busy Ponyville rode as she muttered, "So Pinkie's got a coltfriend. Pinkie! Why do all my friends find a special somepony and I don't get anypo-..."

Rainbow Dash was interrupted by an orange pegasus who bumped into her. Rainbow Dash shook her head a little as she dust off a bit.

"Hey! Watch where you're...," Rainbow stopped when she saw who it was as her voice growled, "Lightning."

"Rainbow," Lightning replied with the same amount of apathy, "Didn't expect you to be here."

"Same goes for me," Rainbow raised an eyebrow, "Thought you would've gone back to Stableton."

"Thought you would have gone back to Cloudsdale," Lightning shot back.

"What are you even doing here," Rainbow huffed as she and him quiet down a little, not wanting to make a screen in the crowd.

"A little 'vaca' if you know what I mean," Lightning answered as he opened one of his wings to reveal a rolled up robe that had a hood on it.

"Here? I've not seen any disturbances," Rainbow questioned.

"You're dumber than I thought," Lightning lightly chuckled, making Rainbow glare at him, "You know, the wedding? Some need to be on guard, just like last time."

"I'm surprised Celestia recruited you again," Rainbow smirked, "You didn't do a very good job last time."

"And where were you? Oh! That's right. You were prancing around, trying on dresses, and making loud booms," Lightning sneered.

"I oughta end you where you stand," Rainbow growled.

"Again, dumber than I thought," Lightning repeated as he began to walk away, "Have a terrible life."

"Go to Tartarus," Rainbow muttered, but tears filled her eyes. She noticed someponies were looking her way, and to hide her shame, blasted off into the sky and onto a cloud.

"Who does he think he is," Rainbow said to herself as she sniffled a little, "He's just a back-stabbing jerk. He doesn't deserve me... He..."

Rainbow broke down as she dropped and began to sob into the cloud. She bawled for a few minutes until she heard somepony.

"You're right, he doesn't deserve you," said a very soft spoken and soothing voice.

"Hey, Fluttershy," Rainbow sniffled, "What do you want?"

"It's not what I want," Fluttershy shook her head as she sat next to Rainbow, "It's what you want... I saw what happened down there."

"Oh... you saw that," Rainbow slightly cringed.

"It's nothing to be ashamed of," Fluttershy smiled, "In fact, I'm glad you told him off. After what he did to you, he doesn't deserve to even be your friend."

"I don't know, Flutts," Rainbow sighed, "A part of me wants to forgive him."

"I know, I know," Fluttershy replied, "It's hard when you have mix feelings, especially for your ex."

"I just don't know how you did it, and you had it worse," Rainbow said, "Your ex was a Tempmare, yet, you still were able to move on. Even after he almost got you killed."

"Well, let's just say I got even at the Gala a few years ago," Fluttershy chuckled, "but seriously, you can't blame yourself. Never blame yourself. What he done was terrible, but it was his mistake, not yours. I bet you anything he feels more guilty than you do."

"He sure has a weird way of showing it," Rainbow pouted.

"Rainbow," Fluttershy warmly smiled, "You're one of the strongest and most independent mare I know, not to mention a great friend. I don't know what I'd do or where I'd be without you, so any stallion would be lucky to have you."

"Lightning sure didn't feel that way," Rainbow said.

Fluttershy let out another sigh, "You know, I can't do much except be by your side. The rest you have to figure out on your own... If it'll make you feel better, I could always set up an 'accident'."

"Whoa, Whoa, Whoa," Rainbow eyes widen, but smiled, "Where did that come from?"

"Where did what come from," Fluttershy grinned.

"I always thought you hated it," Rainbow grinned back.

"Eh," Fluttershy shrugged, "I learned to ignore it."

"Well, let's not go there... yet..."

"Alright," Fluttershy chuckled, "How about you and I hang out a bit at the wedding, that might make you feel better."

"What about Comet?"

"Don't worry," Fluttershy waved her hoof, "Comet and I will have plenty of time to be together, so he'll understand if I tell him you and I will want a little mare time."

"If you say so," Rainbow shrugged, then said in a more solemn tone, "and... thanks. Thanks for cheering me up."

"That's what friends are for," Fluttershy smiled as she stood up, "See you later, and remember, strong and independent."

"I will," Rainbow smiled back as she watched Fluttershy head back to her cottage.

Rainbow sat at that cloud for a little bit longer, feeling a little better thanks to Fluttershy's kind words. She felt as if the pain from Lightning was lifted a little as she laid on the cloud.

Then her thoughts wondered about her family. She remembered her dad telling stories about how he and her mom met before... how it was love at first sight. Back then, Rainbow thought it was too mushy and lovey, but now, Rainbow couldn't help but let the stories give her a warm feeling inside, giving her hope that she too will meet that special somepony... giving her hope that she has and ideal match somewhere out there... waiting...

(To Be Continued...)