• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 960 Views, 28 Comments

Love For All - Derpyforever



You've read the TLS trilogy, but whatever happened to Twilight and Fluttershy's friends... did they get coltfriends... Join them as they, along with a few others, adventure out into the wonders of love.

  • ...
17
 28
 960

Chapter 6: Double Dare

Chapter 6: Double Dare

The next day Applebloom confronted Applejack about why she's been misbehaving so much lately, especially towards Barn Raiser.

"I just thought that if you started dating, you'd forget about me," Applebloom finished as Applejack listened to Applebloom's apology, "So I'm really sorry."

"I accept your apology," Applejack smiled, "I'm glad you finally decided to talk to me. Now, you are right, I might begin to spend more and more time with Barn than I do with you, but don't you fret little sis, I'll never forget about you."

"Don't worry," Applebloom smirked, "If you do ever forget, I've got a new pony to spend time with."

"What in tarnation are you talking about," Applejack questioned.

"Let's just say I met a colt yesterday while I was walking around Ponyville," Applebloom coolly said.

"Well I'll be," Applejack grinned, "My little sis has found herself a special somepony... what's his name?"

"His name is Farm Hoof," Applebloom sighed, "and he's so kind and caring."

"Is he cute," Applejack grinned.

"Applejack," Applebloom blushed.

"I'm just teasing you... but he must be pretty good looking for you to be blushing that hard," Applejack teased, nudging her little sister a bit.

"He might be," Applebloom replied, trying to hide her face with her hair, "I've got to go meet Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, see you later."

"Bye Applebloom," Applejack chuckled as she watched her head off to the CMC clubhouse.

"Hey girls," Applebloom exclaimed as she burst inside "Sorry y'all had to wait."

"No problem," Scootaloo replied.

"Wait," Applebloom realized, "where's Sweetie Belle?"

"Oh... um..."

As if on cue, Sweetie Belle came running in breathing hard.

"Scootaloo," Sweetie Belle gasped between breaths, "I fell off... your scooter! Didn't you hear me... call your name?! That's the last time... I go with you to spy on... Applebloom!"

"Sweetie Belle ," Scootaloo face hoofed.

"Oh," Sweetie Belle said as she caught her breath, "Hey Applebloom."

"You two were spying on me," Applebloom exclaimed.

"Well, I wouldn't call it spying... just watching you from a distance without you knowing... I think I said that right," Scootaloo looked up, "Did I Rainbow Dash?"

"Dang it," Rainbow Dash, who was hanging on the ceiling, "I'm suppose to be hidden."

"You're not doing a very good job," Applebloom flatly stated.

"Whatever," Rainbow huffed as she dropped to the floor.

"Anyways, Applebloom has a coltfriend," Scootaloo saluted to Rainbow

"Hey," Applebloom exclaimed, "That's private information!"

"Ah man," Rainbow groaned, "I thought I had enough competition already and I get on upped by not only AJ, but by Applebloom too! I really need to look harder; see you three later!"

With that Rainbow Dash zoomed out of the clubhouse and into the sky.

"So Applebloom," Scootaloo smirked, "you decided to go soft and get a coltfriend?"

"Don't be jealous that you don't have one Scootaloo," Applebloom shot back.

"Sweetie Belle and I can get one anytime we want," Scootaloo flared, "Right Sweetie Belle?"

"Yeah!"

"Alright then," Applebloom grinned, "I double dare you two to go on a double date!"

"Alright than," Sweetie Belle said.

"How about we make it interesting though," Scootaloo added, "If we can find dates..."

"If we're betting," Applebloom interrupted, "Than you two can't just find dates, you two have to find coltfriends."

"Alright," Scootaloo accepted, "If we can find coltfriends than you have to... dance like a fool at the reception at Luna's wedding."

"Alright than, but if I win," Applebloom smirked, "You two have to do my chores for the wedding for the next week."

"Deal," Scootaloo put her hoof out.

"Deal," Applebloom shook it.

###

"This should be easy," Scootaloo told Sweetie Belle as they walked down the streets, "I bet we can find someponies easy."

"Yeah," Sweetie Belle agreed, "Then Applebloom will be embarrassing herself in front of everypony."

"Alright," Scootaloo declared, "Should we split up? Or stick together?"

"How about we split up and then meet at the Cakes' store in an hour?"

"Sounds good," Scootaloo nodded.

After they split up, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle tried to think were to look first. Sweetie Belle tried the arcade, which seemed most logical since it's normally filled with colts (and is also her favorite place)... however, it was to no avail as they all seemed too interested into their games, so she left and tried another place.

Scootaloo tried the park, but everywhere she turned, it seemed, the colts already had a marefriend, and they were hanging out together on a picnic date. She too gave up and headed somewhere else.

An hour seemed to fly by as the two met in front of the bakery.

"Any luck," Scootaloo asked.

"Nothing," Sweetie Belle shook her head, "You?"

"Nope," Scootaloo replied as the two went in and sat in a booth, "Ugh! We're never gonna find coltfriends."

"What would you two girls like," Mrs. Cake asked as she walked up to them.

"We're fine for right now," Scootaloo nodded, "Thanks."

"Alright, call me when you're ready," Mrs. Cake smiled.

"Ok," Sweetie Belle declared as Mrs. Cake left them, "We need to find two colts who are kind, caring, fun to be around, and above all, cute."

"I don't really care about the cute part," Scootaloo replied, "Just as long as they're nice and willing to rough it."

"Here you girls are," Mrs. Cake said as she put two milkshakes in front of them.

"Um, we hadn't ordered anything yet," Scootaloo questioned.

"Oops, my bad," Mrs. Cake yawned, "the twins kept us up most of the night. It was meant for those two young stallions over there in the booth."

As Mrs. Cake scooped up the two shakes, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle saw the two colts she meant to bring them for. One was a blue unicorn with red hair and the other was a red pegasus with blue hair; they both had purple eyes.

"How about those two," Sweetie Belle whispered to Scootaloo as Mrs. Cake took the shakes to them.

"With those good looks, they have to be already taken," Scootaloo bashfully whispered back.

"Are you afraid, Scootaloo," Sweetie Belle smirked.

"Of course not," Scootaloo defended, "In fact, I'm so not afraid, that I'll go over and talk to that pegasus right now."

"Well then I'll talk to the unicorn," Sweetie Belle declared as they both got up and approached the two colts, "Hi there, my names Sweetie Belle and this is Scootaloo. We were wondering if we could sit here with you."

"Of course," the unicorn beamed, "I'm Fine Scent, but you can call me Scent, and this is my cousin, Off Road, but everypony calls him Road."

"Hi," Road nodded.

"Cousin," Scootaloo questioned as she sat next to Road and Sweetie Belle sat next to Scent, "I would have guessed you two were twins."

"Our moms are twins," Road replied, "They're the two ponies who run the spa here in Ponyville."

"I've been there," Sweetie Belle said, "So your moms are Aloe and Lotus?"

"Mines Lotus," Scent replied.

"And mines Aloe," Road added.

"That's cool," Scootaloo nodded.

"You two girls want milkshakes," Scent asked.

"Sure," Sweetie Belle replied.

"Excuse me, mam," Scent called Mrs. Cake as she walked by, "Can we have two more shakes for these lovely gals?"

"Coming right up," Mrs. Cake replied, then turned to the counter, "Honey! Two more shakes please."

"I got you," Mr. Cake called from the back, "Pinkie!"

"I got it," Pinkie exclaimed as she caught two shakes that were thrown from the kitchen window than ran up to Mrs. Cake, "Here you are."

"Thanks, Pinkie," Mrs. Cake smiled, putting the two drinks down and leaving them alone.

"So enough about us," Scent declared, "What about you two?"

"We're part of an organization called the Cutie Mark Crusaders," Sweetie Belle replied.

"We go out on adventures while trying to find out what our special talents our," Scootaloo added.

"That's interesting," Road beamed.

"Yeah," Scent gestured to his and Road's blank flank, "especially since we don't have marks ourselves."

"Scent," Road growled.

"Excuse my self-conscious cousin," Scent sighed as he rolled his eyes, "He doesn't like being a blank flank."

"It's nothing to be ashamed about," Sweetie Belle said.

"That's what I always say," Scent replied.

"Great minds think alike I guess," Sweetie Belle grinned.

"I guess they do," Scent chuckled.

Scootaloo pretended to gag at the affection of the two, making Road snicker. Scootaloo grinned and gestured to a booth across the bakery. Road nodded and they both slipped away from the other two.

"I can't stand that lovey, dovey stuff," Scootaloo said once they were out of earshot.

"Me neither," Road replied, "So you're a blank flank too. How long have you been trying to get one?"

"It feels like forever," Scootaloo sighed, "But we've been getting lessons from Twilight."

"Princess Twilight Sparkle," Road gasped.

"Yeah," Scootaloo nodded.

"Wow," Road chuckled, "I always wanted to meet her."

"Well, it's probably because I've known her before she became a princess, but she's not all that great."

"Still, meeting a princess would be pretty cool."

"You know, I'm going to the royal wedding next weekend, you could come with me if you want," Scootaloo offered.

"Like... Like a date?"

"Well... yeah," Scootaloo blushed a little.

Road thought for a minute, then asked, "Would this mean that... I would be your cotlfriend?"

"Maybe," Scootaloo shyly replied.

"Well, if that makes you my marefriend, than I'm all for it," Road beamed.

"Really?"

"Yeah! You seem like a pretty cool gal. I'd love to get to know you better."

"So I guess I'll see you at the wedding then," Scootaloo smiled.

"Whose says we have to wait that long," Road grinned.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, the day still young... You got a scooter?"

"Of course," Scootaloo replied.

"Well then, let's go for a ride," Road beamed as he and Scootaloo went outside.

Road got on his green scooter as Scootaloo got on hers.

"Ready, Scoots," Road asked.

"I'm ready, but can you keep up," Scootaloo grinned as she took off down the street.

"You bet I can," Road grinned, going down the streets after her and two rode around town, pulling off stunts and racing each other.

'He's pretty good,' Scootaloo thought as Road went up a ramp, letting go of his scooter to take a swan formation before grabbing it again and landing gracefully, 'I think this one will be a keeper... I wonder how Sweetie Belle is doing...'

Meanwhile, back at the Cake's bakery, Sweetie Belle was telling Fresh Scent how she, Scootaloo, and Applebloom met.

"...So after the party, we agreed that we should band together and form the Cutie Mark Crusaders," Sweetie finished.

"Your friends sound like fun ponies to be around," Scent smiled.

"They are," Sweetie nodded

"You know," Scent continued, "I've been kind of tired of seeing a blank flank myself. Do you think I could join the Cutie Mark Crusaders?"

"Of course," Sweetie smiled

"That's good to know," Scent grinned, "I'd be able to get to know you better."

"I'm not all that great," Sweetie Belle slightly blushed.

"You're pretty cute," Scent cooed as he put his hoof around her, "You've got that going for you."

"Thanks," Sweetie Bell blushed a little harder.

"And your hair smell pretty good," Scent sighed, "Must be why you're called Sweet."

"Really," Sweetie Belle took a quick sniff, "I've never been told that before."

"I'll be sure to bring it up," Scent smiled, "Along with your beautiful eyes."

"Aww, your such a flatterer," Sweetie Belle smiled back, snuggling up a little closer.

"I'm a truth teller," Scent grinned.

"Nice one," Sweetie Belle chuckled.

"Thank you," Scent nodded.

'Kind, Caring, Fun, and above all, Cute,' Sweetie thought, 'Yeah, this one's mine.'

(To Be Continued...)