• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 960 Views, 28 Comments

Love For All - Derpyforever



You've read the TLS trilogy, but whatever happened to Twilight and Fluttershy's friends... did they get coltfriends... Join them as they, along with a few others, adventure out into the wonders of love.

  • ...
17
 28
 960

Chapter 8: Laughing and Love Are More Fun Togther

Chapter 8: Laughing and Love Are More Fun Together

By the title of this chapter, you can probably tell who's next... *sigh*... 3,2,1...

"So is Carmel my coltfriend," Pinkie cheerfully asked the sky as she happily bounced down the dirt road.

"No, Pinkie," the voice sighed in annoyance.

"What about Cheese Sandwich?"

"No, Pinkie."

"Matt?"

"No, Pinkie."

"Are you?"

"No, Pinkie."

"What about..."

She's been like this ever since the last chapter of "Twilight's Love Story" and, technically, she hasn't even lived through that yet!... I'll never understand her and the fourth wall.

"What about Caboose," Pinkie suggested.

"Copyright, and no."

"But I wanna know," Pinkie wined, "I looked on your computer, but I couldn't find any notes on the subject."

"Do you really think I'm that stupid, especially after the last time, when you gave them to Sagebrony07?"

"Pleeeeease," Pinkie begged with puppy dog eyes.

"No," the voice deadpanned.

"But I'm Pinkie Pie," Pinkie said, still with her face.

"And now you're a silenced Pinkie," the voice replied, follow by the sound of a 'click'.

"But, DF!"

Pinkie waited for an answer, but only the sounds of an average Ponyville day replied.

"Aw man," Pinkie sighed, "He must have put the fourth firewall up... Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait it out."

Pinkie started to hum as she continued on the path towards the Everfree forest, unaware that during her fourth wall moment, Spike and Whimsey were watching her in shock.

"That was strange," Whimsey declared as she turned to Spike.

"That was Pinkie," Spike chuckled.

"Where do you think she is going?"

"Where her sense takes her..."

Meanwhile, Pinkie had hopped her way to Fluttershy's cottage. As she approached, she saw that Comet and Fluttershy were outside, feeding her chickens.

"Hi, Fluttershy," Pinkie exclaimed, "Hi, Fluttershy's coltfriend, Comet."

"Hi, Pinkie," Fluttershy smiled, "What brings you around?"

"Don't know," Pinkie shrugged, "But I think I'm about to find out... Any moment now... still wait-whoa!"

All four of Pinkie's knees wobbled, causing her to get a little off balance, but was able to stand upright.

"Huh," Pinkie said, confused by the new sensation, "Never got that one befo-"

"I got cookies you two," a hyper voice called from Fluttershy's cottage. The three looked to see a highlighter yellow, earth pony holding a tray of cookies on top of his sky blue mane. He had a very outgoing complexion, and when he approached the three, he skipped every now and then. "Oh, looks like we got a visitor."

"H-HI, th-there," Pinkie replied, but her knees wobbled again, "M-My name is Pinkie Pie."

"Nice to meet you, Pinkie," the pony replied, as he set down the tray on a nearby stump, "My name's Yellow Can-Bake-Anything-And-Has-A-Really-Long-Name-And-You-Must-Call-Me-By-The-Entire..."

"Yellow," Comet interrupted with a disapproving glare.

"Ah come on, amigo, just trying to have some fun," Yellow chuckled, before taking a second to look back at Pinkie, "I'd spent a little bit in Mexicolt."

"You were there for a baking competition for a day," Comet deadpanned, then sighed as he turned to Pinkie, "Anyways, Pinkie, this is my friend Yellow Frosting. He is a very... unique character, and I figured that the only pony who would be able to keep up with him is you."

"So you're new," Pinkie asked Yellow.

"Good guess, you're right on the nose," Yellow gleefully smiled as he put his hoof on his muzzle.

"Oh, I wish I'd know earlier, then I could have prepared you a party," Pinkie said.

"How about you just show him around Ponyville," Comet suggested.

"Ok," Pinkie nodded, "If that's alright with you Yellow."

"Sound super duper," Yellow smiled as he and Pinkie headed to Ponyville, leaving Comet and Fluttershy back at her cottage.

"Do you really think this could work," Fluttershy asked Comet as they went back to feeding the chickens.

"Of course it will," Comet assured, "there should be no worries. They couldn't be a more perfect match."

"That's what slightly scares me," Fluttershy sighed.

###

"So you can bake," Pinkie asked, gesturing to Yellow's icing bag cutie mark.

"Yep," Yellow nodded, "From scrumdidlydumshish cookies to sweetsazerfras cupcakes. You name it, I baked it."

"What a crazy coincidence, I bake too! In fact, I work at a bakery called Sugar Cube Corner! How about we go there first."

"Sound grrrrreat!"

"Let's go then!"

Pinkie led Yellow through Ponyville and up to the gingerbread looking building, which seemed a little empty from the outside.

"Are they open," Yellow asked.

"Yep! Or at least for me they are, I mean, it is where I live," Pinkie chuckled, "But you might want to brace yourself."

"Wh-"

Yellow didn't get to finish, for when Pinkie opened the door, Pound and Pumpkin Cake zoomed out and crashed into him.

"You no Pinkie," the two year old twins said as they realized the pony they tackled was not their favorite foal sitter.

"No, I'm Yellow," Yellow smiled brightly at the two.

"Pinkie's over here," Pinkie cheered as she came from behind the door.

"Pinkie!"

The two got off of Yellow and came up to hug Pinkie. Pinkie returned the hug and gave each a kiss on the forehead.

"Oh, it's hard to believe you are already two years old! It seemed like just yesterday Rainbow Dash was teaching you how to use your wings, Pound Cake" Pinkie smiled warmly at the toddlers as Pound flew up onto Pinkie's back, followed by Pumpkin teleporting, "and it looks like you gotten better control over your magic Pumpkin."

"Uh-Hu," the two nodded.

"Come on you two, let's get you back inside," Pinkie chuckled, then reached a hoof out to Yellow, "You're welcome to join us."

"Thanks," Yellow smiled as he grabbed the offered hoof and got up... and for a second, but maybe it was the light from the sun, Pinkie thought he saw him blush.

'Does he like me,' Pinkie thought as she brought the two foals inside, 'like, LIKE LIKE me?... Man, why are colts so hard to understand... wow, did I just think that?! I would have thought that would have been something Rarity would have thought... wait, what did I just think?... I'm confused... I wonder what's for diner... wait, what was I thinking about?'

Pinkie looked up and saw Yellow stand still as Pound and Pumpkin Cake investigated the new pony by sitting and staring at him.

'Now I remember... or do I?... let's see: I bugged DF, went to Fluttershy's, met a fun and cute stallion... Yeah, I remember.'

"You alright, Pinkie," Yellow asked, as Pinkie noticed she was in a trance.

"Yeah," Pinkie blushed, "I'm fine."

"You need a cupcake, Pinkie," Mrs. Cake, who appeared from the back with a few cupcakes, asked, "We made too much anyways."

"Sure," Pinkie nodded as she took one of the cupcakes.

"Oh, hello," Mrs. Cake took notice of Yellow, "I've never seen you before. Care for a cupcake?"

"Thank you, and I'm new," Yellow smiled as he took a cupcake

"Well, welcome to Ponyville," Mr. Cake, who appeared from the back as well with the twin's baby carriage, declared as he put the twins in their carriage.

"Thank you," Yellow said, then took a bite from the cupcake, "Wow! This is pretty good, although, if you added a pinch more cinnamon, then it'd be perfect."

"Cinnamon! That's your secret ingredient," Mr. Cake gaped at his wife, "I could have sworn I guessed that one."

"No, honey, you didn't," Mrs. Cake replied, then turned to Yellow, "But I'm impressed! Nopony has ever been able to figure out what I add to my cupcakes."

"What can I say," Yellow chuckled, pointing to his flank, "I have a gift for baking."

"Well, our business has become quite popular, so we'd could use an extra pair of hooves... you have a place to stay," Mr. Cake asked, catching Pinkie's interest as she flicked her ear toward the conversation.

"Not really," Yellow shook his head, "I was going to crash at my friend's marefriend's cottage."

Mr. and Mrs. Cake looked at each other and nodded as Pinkie's interest was at it's peak.

"Why don't you work for us? We got a basement you could sleep in."

"Really," Yellow asked in excitement.

"Sure. Of course, we'd have to do all that proper business stuff, so we'd need you to fill out an application while we go walk the twins."

"Yes! Of course," Yellow gleefully cheered as he franticly shook the Cakes' hooves, "Thank you! Thank you sooo much!"

"Your welcome," Mr. Cake rubbed his hoof a little after Yellow gave it an exceptionally hard shake, then went into upstairs before coming back down with a paper and a quill, "Here's the application. If you finish it before we get back, just give it to Pinkie, she'll know what to do with it."

"Ok, and thank you again," Yellow repeated as he waved at the two as they left the store. He took the seat across from Pinkie as he began to fill out the application, "I guess I should also thank you, Pinkie. This wouldn't have happen if it wasn't for you."

"Your welcome," Pinkie blushed again, "It was nothing really."

"Let's see, 'What is your name'... Yellow Frosting," as he wrote it down, "That was easy! 'Skills', baking, duh. 'Have you ever been convicted of a felony?' No..."

Pinkie watched Yellow as he finished his application. When he was done, he gave it to Pinkie, who put it in Mr. and Mrs. Cakes room before coming back down.

"Well, I've only been in Ponyville for a day, and I already got a job," Yellow mused as Pinkie said back down in the booth. He held up his cupcake as if in a toast and declared, "To life!"

"To life," Pinkie laughed as she held up her cupcake and the two brought them together before taking a bite.

"You know," Yellow said, as he swallowed his piece of cupcake, "I just can't say it enough. Thank You, Pinkie. I wish there was a way I could repay you."

"It's alright," Pinkie waved her hoof in the air, "Helping a friend is good enough for me."

"Then, what if I was more than a friend," Yellow smiled.

"W-What do you mean," Pinkie asked as her knees wobbled again.

"Pinkie, I know you like me," Yellow kindly smiled, "And to tell you the truth, I like you too."

"... LIKE LIKE me?"

"Yes, LIKE LIKE."

"Oh," Pinkie blushed, her knees wobbling even harder.

"And how can I not," Yellow continued to compliment, but a tint of red stained his cheeks, "You're so nice and outgoing. I tried to date mares before, but I never met one as fun as you. I'd like it if you would be my marefriend."

"Really," Pinkie blushed harder than ever, "I'd like it if you'd be my coltfriend."

"That's good to know," Yellow let out a little sigh of relief as he felt his nervousness leave him, "I'd thought you'd might reject me."

"I would never reject a handsome stallion like you," Pinkie swooned, prompting Yellow to blush and her knees' wobble to stop, "I think I know how you can repay me."

"How," Yellow blushed a little harder.

"Like this," Pinkie cooed then surprised Yellow by locking his lips with hers. Yellow was stunned by the kiss as Pinkie retracted and swung around the booth to sit next to him.

"Wow," Yellow sighed, "Just... wow. I didn't expect that."

"Me neither," Pinkie admitted, "I think it just... happened."

"So... what now?"

Pinkie shrugged and said, "We could kiss again."

"I'd like that," Yellow chuckled as he nuzzled Pinkie.

Pinkie giggled a little at his soft touch before their lips met again, this time longer. When they parted, Pinkie laughed a little.

"Something funny," Yellow asked.

"I just found out I love the taste of frosting more than I thought," Pinkie flirted.

"Guess the same goes for me, except with pie," Yellow replied in the same flirting manner.

"I guess the title was correct. Laughing and love are more fun together."

"The... title?"

"I'll explain later," Pinkie cooed, "I'm still craving a sweet treat."

Pinkie kissed Yellow again, as Yellow thought about what Pinkie said... but shrugged as he kissed her back.

(To Be Continued... Yellow, you have no idea what you are getting yourself into...)