• Published 15th Aug 2014
  • 5,124 Views, 83 Comments

Stuck - NickyD



I was driving home one evening and my car runs out of gas. So I try to get more, but as I was walking to the gas station, I get zapped by a purple lightning bolt and end up in a world of talking ponies. How did this happen? And why does this world lo

  • ...
29
 83
 5,124

Waking Up

6:17 A.M. Unknown location, Sunday


I slowly open my eyess, vision blurry. I can hear the faint chirps of birds in the distance. Am I outside? "Ulg, what happened?" I say groggily. I try to sit up, but I feel pain rush and surge through my head. I grab my throbbing noggin with my hands and try to ease the pain by rubbing my fingers around my temples. It takes some time for the pain to subside, but my vision is fully regaining now and I can see. Trees as far as the eye can see. Apple trees to be precise. I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say this an apple orchid.

I sand up, slowly, and take in my surroundings. How'd I get here? And what and where is here?

My stomach growls for a moment, it being a little loud. It must be breakfast time. Well, I am in an apple orchard, I guess having an apple wouldn't hurt.

I walk to the closest tree and look up. The closest apple is not too high up, but I do need to jump for it. I do a small hop, hold on to the apple, and it snaps off from the branch. “Easy peasey.” I take a bite and it is probably one of the best apples I have ever had. It has good flavor and a nice crunch to the bite. Just the way I like it. I take another bite and start to think. “Something doesn't add up. One minute I'm in an open field, and now, I am in an apple orchard. Did I go into a coma and apple trees grew during that time? No, someone would have noticed me and I would be in a hospital bed.” I take another bite of the apple. “Maybe I'm currently in a coma and this is the dream state. Or this is just a regular dream?”

Before I can take a third bite, I hear two feminine voices coming my way. “I’m glad that spell worked. That storm became way out of control for me to handle,” one of the voices says.

OH CRAP! That may be an owner! And I'm on their property without permission. I'm screwed! I have to hide. Quick, think!

I look up at the tree again. My shorts match the bark and my shirt and hat are the color of the apples. I could blend in! Well, let's put this plan into action.

“Alright, time to hop up,” I mumble to myself. I jump and I take hold of a branch. The bark feels surprisingly smooth against my skin. I pull myself up quickly. I go up a couple more branches and I sit on one of them. Now, I'm in the bush of the tree and just in time too, because it sounds like the two talking are right underneath me. I hope they don't see me. Looking down, I see two ponies walking with baskets on their backs. And the weird thing is, they are oddly colored ponies. One is orange with a stetson and the other is purple. “What? Were they the ones who were talking earlier," I mumble quietly. "That can't be right." There is something oddly familiar about these ponies, but I can’t put my finger on it. Have I seen them before!?

“That storm was pretty crazy! Glad you took care of that,” the orange pony says in a southern accent. “Also, thanks for helping me out with the apple bucking today Twi.”

“No problem Applejack,” The purple pony says. Okay, those names sound really familiar! But from where have I heard those names? I see the two walk over to a tree near the one I'm in and they place the baskets under it. The orange one stands in front of the tree and kicks it with their back legs. Apples rain down from that tree and pile into the baskets the two ponies set down. Damn, that one’s got power.

“Well, we should also…” the orange one stops talking and walks under the tree I'm in. She notices the apple I ate! Oh crap.

“I forgot to get rid of it!” I shout in my head. And now my headache gets worse.

“Hmm.” The orange one examines the apple I ate. I am praying to God that they don’t see me. Then, the orange one gets in front of the tree I'm in and kicks it. I hold on to the branch I'm on very tightly. I don't wanna fall. The entire tree shakes violently, I feel that I may slip, but thank God, I don't. “I think somepony or something was here Twilight.”

“What makes you say that?” The purple one asks walking over to the orange one.

“Look, somepony or something came here and got a nip at an apple.”

“It’s just one apple out of the hundreds you have in this orchard.”

“I know, but still, they should have asked if they wanted one.” Fair enough. “Well, lets get these apples back to the house.” The purple one’s horn on their head now has a purple aura around it and I see the baskets now have a purple aura. The baskets move to on the ponies backs. Okay, weird but pretty cool. I must be tripping though. No way all of this is possible.

As they walk away, I grab the pendant of my crucifix necklace and kiss it. I don’t care if this is a hallucination, a dream or reality, I am thankful they didn't see me.

“Oh thank you God,” I whisper joyfully. I could hop in joy, but I shouldn't. The branch rustling may alert those talking ponies.

But after I whisper that one line, the branch I am on starts to snap a little. “Oh crap. Please not now,” I say still whispering. The branch still slowly makes snapping sound. If I move, I’m screwed. I just hope for the best. Unfortunately, the best hasn't come. The branch fully snaps and I fall to the ground, hitting a few other parts of the tree on the way down. Not a pleasant experience. As I hit the ground back first, all I feel is pain. It shoots to every body part of mine. Everything feels like agony. I make a few grunting sounds, but my fall and grunting doesn't go unnoticed.

“Hey!” the orange pony says running up to me and getting up in my face. She isn't that tall really, she looks like she is about three feet tall. Yet the face she is making is telling me she is ready to kill. “What do you think your doing little vermin?” I am in shock, I don’t know what to say or do. “Equestrian vermin, do you speak it?!” ...Okay, did she seriously just reference Pulp Fiction? WAIT! Multi-colored ponies that talk, strange powers, references...how did I not see this before? I’m in the My Little Pony world!

*Flashback to Saturday at 5:30 P.M., New Jersey*

My family got home from church about half an hour ago. It's the afternoon and my parents have left to go out for a movie and dinner date. They know that I am leaving to go my friends house for a recording session, so my younger brother is in charge while I'm gone. As I'm leaving to go into the garage so I can hop into my car, I pass my little sister who is watching My Little Pony. Dear God that show can be so annoying. “Sis, how can you watch this? Is there any sort of intelligence to it?” I ask teasing her.

“Oh like The Walking Dead has any sort of intelligence to it?” she retorts.

“It shows me how to kill people out of self defense and how to kill people who are half dead.”

“That’s not a good point.”

“Oh whatever, I have to go.”

“Aren't you going to have dinner?”

“Connor is ordering pizza for me and my friends at his house. See ya’.”

*Back to current time period*

Looks like karma came back and bit me in the butt, and it bit me hard. Does karma enjoy My Little Pony? Well, that’s not the point. “Look, let me explain,” I say, trying to sound like I'm harmless. The two ponies gasp in surprise.

“You can speak?!” The orange one asks a bit astonished.

“You’re the one who asked if I could speak.”

“...Right.”

“Look,” I slowly stand up. Everything still hurts, but I can sort of keep balance. “I woke up here. I was walking through a field, a storm cloud suddenly appears, I get zapped by lightning and I end up in this place.”

“Was there anything suspicious about the cloud?” the purple one asks. If I remember from what my sister told me about the show, the purple one is Twilight or something like that, and the orange one should be Applejack.

“Not the cloud itself, but the lightning was a faint, purple color if I remember correctly.”

“Hmm..." The unicorn brings a hoof to her chin, looking like she's deep in thought. "I think I may know what happened. I was working on a weather spell yesterday, but it got out of hoof. I knew a universal teleportation spell to get rid of it. It required some supply for it to work, but I had all of that handy at the moment. I sent it away, but I didn't expect any magical lightning to strike someone.”

“Okay, but that doesn't explain how I got here.”

“Maybe it's the fact that it was two spells mixed to one. And since the it was a combination of a weather spell and a universal teleportation spell, maybe the bolt was a result of the two and is what sent you.”

“Can’t you send me back?”

“The supply to get for the spell takes about a week to both get and prepare.”

“Perfect,” I say with a huff, putting my hands on my hips. “I guess I am stuck here for a while. Ain't this just bright and dandy."

“Figuring you'll be around for a while, where are ya’ gonna’ to go?” Applejack asks. She she raises a good point, I don’t have anywhere to go. Even if I choose to go somewhere, I would stick out like a sore thumb. “I would let you stay at my place, but now is not the best time at the moment to let anyone stay.” Even if her house was good, I don’t think I would want to stay with her. She just scared the ever living hell out of me. On the show, they make her look so nice and sweet. Maybe it is just because she is just defending her property. I would be like that too in all honesty.

“We can sneak you through town and get you to my home,” Twilight suggests. “Most of the town should still be asleep. We can sneak you in no problem.”

“What about Spike?” Applejack asks. “No doubt he will notice him.” Who the heck is Spike? A pet or something?

“Princess Celestia needed him for some royal business. He won’t be back until late tonight.” So Spike is a someone and not a something. “Come on, let’s get you to my place.”


Fifteen minutes later


I shut the door behind me fairly quickly. The three of us are in in Twilight’s house. It’s actually a library that is inside an oak tree. “That was easier than I thought,” I say. I'm quite surprised we got into town with no problems.

“Like what I said earlier, tt is still early in the morning, most of the town is still asleep,” Twilight says. Fair point.

“I’m glad no one saw us,” Applejack says. The orange pony brings her attention to me now. “Hey, uh, I’m sorry about getting up in your face earlier.”

“Ah, don’t worry about it. You were just protecting your property, I would have done the same.”

“Well I have to get back to the farm. Those apple ain't gonna buck themselves.” She opens the door, but she turns around and walks up to me. “I didn't get ya’ name yet sugar cube. What is it?”

“Oh, I didn't properly introduce myself to you two. Where are my manners? I’m Nick.”

“I’m Applejack.” She extends her hoof. I grab it and shake it. Like I said, I already know who she is, but I think it is best if they don’t know that they are part of a children's TV show. “And this here is Twilight Sparkle, but we all call her Twi for short.” She and I exchange a smile for a few moments until she lets go of my hand. "Well, time to get back to the farm. Take care y'all." Applejack leaves the library and now it's just me and Twilight.

I take a look around the library, books beyond belief. It looks really nice organized. “I kind of like this place,” I say.

“Really?”

“Yeah. I enjoy books, and I like how you keep this place is nice and tidy.”

“Thank you.” There is a slight pause between us. But her face goes a tad wide, as if some sort of realization falls upon her. “You know, my friends are going to find out about you eventually, and maybe the whole town.” She is right. I can’t stay hidden for too long. I have no idea how they're going to react to me. But then, it hits me.

“I have an idea.”

“Go on.”

“Maybe you could invite your friends to dinner tonight so you guys can get to know me.”

“I am not sure how they'll react." She looks to the wooden door and then back to me. "Maybe it is too soon to be introducing you.”

“I just think it'll be better to get it over with soon so we don’t have to keep this bottled up and have the cap fly off.” She looks like she is in deep thought but lets out a hopeful sigh.

“I guess you’re right. I'll make some arrangements.”