• Published 15th Aug 2014
  • 5,124 Views, 83 Comments

Stuck - NickyD



I was driving home one evening and my car runs out of gas. So I try to get more, but as I was walking to the gas station, I get zapped by a purple lightning bolt and end up in a world of talking ponies. How did this happen? And why does this world lo

  • ...
29
 83
 5,124

A Needed Meeting

8:05 A.M.

I sit up in bed and rub my eyes. It’s the first official morning of my new life. Stuck in pony land for the rest of my existence, being eons away from family and friends. Peachy.

I take a look out the window, seeing the sun above the horizon with its morning glow. I can hear the chirping of birds outside, those little bastards singing their typical morning song. I don’t give off any emotion or facial expression. No smile, no frown, just...nothing.

Deciding I should get this day started, I throw the bed sheets off my body and get up. I arch my back in and hear a satisfying crack from the motion. I let out a “Mmm” from the cracking noise. That felt kind of good, my back doesn’t feel tense.

I’m still feeling a little lousy. Maybe a shower to freshen myself up would work. Maybe...

I make my way to the bathroom and knock on the door. I don’t want to accidentally intrude on Spike or Twilight if they’re in the middle of something. I don’t hear any response, so I step in. I close the door behind me and lock it. I don’t want those two (or Owlicious) to walk in on me. I strip out of my clothes and accessories and step into the the tub. I turn the shower faucet on and let the water heat up. A hot shower this time, so I can let off some steam.

When the water gets to the right temperature, I turn the shower nozzle on. the water strikes the top of my head and feel an instant rush of warmth. “Ahhh, that’s nice,” I coo. The water engulfs my body in warmth and rushes down to the bottom. I feel like I needed this. I’ve been nothing but tense for the past twelve hours and there’s nothing like a hot shower to ease yourself. It won’t help my situation, but it helps alleviate my mind.

I grab a bar of soap and lather myself up. I get my arms, armpits, legs, chest, other areas and such and rinse the soap off after thoroughly scrubbing. I put my hands to the water to wash them of soap. I grab a bottle of shampoo off the ledge, pop the cap open with my right thumb and squeeze about a quarter size amount into my palm. I put the bottle back on the ledge and bring my left hand to the top of my head. I rub the hair care product around my head with both of my hands until my head is a white mess of shampoo. I lean my head back into the falling water to get the lathered shampoo out of my hair. The shampoo is a two and one, so I don’t worry about conditioning.

There is nothing else really to clean, so I just stand here in the hot shower, alone with my own thoughts while steam slowly fills the room.

I just can’t stop thinking about all that is happening. Me stuck in a cartoon world for the rest of my life… just…. damn...

I want to try and be more optimistic about this, but how can I? I mean, I was just torn away from everything I loved and everything I worked for. My friends and family are worried sick about me, not knowing where I actually am, people back on earth are searching for me, and the worst part of it all was seeing my mother cry last night. Jesus lord, that was unbearable. Those tears flowing down her cheeks, God that was agonizing to see. I hate seeing my mother cry, I hate that more than anything.

What did I do to deserve this? What did my family and friends do to deserve this? I just rub my temples in my frustration. All of this stress and uneasiness is starting to hurt my head.

I look down at my hands and see they are a little prune. Guess I was in here longer than I thought. They’re not raisins, but they will be if I stay here any longer.

I turn the faucet off and the water stops hitting whatever is in its path. The only thing coming from the shower head is the slow dripping of excess water. I let out a sigh and do a quick, counterclockwise head roll. My neck felt a bit tense, and that neck roll loosened it up a bit.

I step out of the tub and grab a towel, hanging from a hanger. I wrap it around my waist and take a few steps to the mirror. I see a reflection of myself. You know, the only human interaction I will ever have from this point forward is with a guy with brown hair, hazel eyes and looks just like me. My freaking reflection.

I bring my hand to the mirror and my reflection is doing the same. I rest my hand on the glass and just stare into my reflection’s eyes. That’s all I do, just stare, looking at my blank, expressionless face. I bring my forehead to the glass and just leave it there for a few moments. I don’t know why, but I feel like something should happen with the mirror. Like I fall into it and I end up back in my world.

Nothing of the sort happens.

I get a little desperate and push my head against the glass a little. Still nothing.

Seeing that just leaving my forehead against the mirror is pointless now, I lift it off from the glass. I dry myself up with the towel around my waist so I am not dripping wet. I put the towel back around my waist, gather the clothes I was just wearing earlier, along with my accessories, and head back to my room. Unseen, fortunately.

I toss the other clothes away, along with the towel, and go through the bags to pick out what to wear. I just go for that green shirt with the cross and the cargos that came with it. I get my accessories back on too. I slip on the green, white and red basketball shoes because they go really well with the shirt.

Now that I am dressed, let's get this friggin day started.

I walk out of “my” room and head downstairs. As I get closer to the kitchen, I can smell something baking. I take a whiff and I recognize it. “Waffles?” I utter. Once I get into the kitchen, I see Twilight sitting at the table with a half eaten waffle in front of her. Not paying mind to much from what it looks like. I look over to the other side and see Spike on a stool by the counter, taking a fresh waffle off the iron.

“Uhh… morning,” I say. Twilight's and Spike’s attention is grabbed and they look towards me. The two give off soft smiles. Probably pity smiles.

“Good morning,” the two say in unison.

“Want a waffle?” Spike asks. “Just finished making one.” As if on cue, my stomach grumbles, really wanting food. I don’t know why, but I couldn’t help but chuckle a little. It’s like something you would see in a cartoo-right….

“Yeah, I can eat.” I go to the table and take a seat on a chair, next to Twilight. I take a glance at her and she looks a little blank too. Not giving off too much emotion. “How are you, Twilight?” I’m still concerned for her. I know she knows I’m not mad at her, but I still feel that she is still blaming herself.

“I’m doing okay,” is all she says. Nothing more, nothing less. I hope she really is okay.


Breakfast was silent. The only sounds that were made were from the forks and knives scraping against the plates. Not one of us talked. We just sat and ate in silence. No one made eye contact either. Twi, Spike and I just kept our eyes on our waffles for the most part.

Every once in awhile, I would take my gaze off my waffle and take a quick glimpse out the window. Ponies were nulling around the town, some in they sky, flying or moving clouds. Nothing exciting really.

Right now, I’m just putting me and Twilight’s dishes and silverware in the sink.

“Thanks for breakfast Spike,” I say to the small drake, on his stool again, with his claws in the hot sink water, cleaning the dishes.

“No problem Nick,” he replies.

Thump Thump Thump

“That must be for me.” I walk out of the kitchen and lightly jog to the front door, remembering what I discussed with Luna last night.

“Who is it?” Twilight asks, trotting up behind me.

“Luna made arrangements for a carriage for me. She and Princess Celestia need to see me today in Canterlot.”

“Probably about what happened yesterday…” she trails off, ears falling a little flat. I feel bad for the girl, I really do.

I open the door and see two pegasus guard ponies at the entrance, both with firm faces. “Nick, I presume?” the one on the right asks, sounding firm. I give a single nod for my response. “Your carriage is waiting.”

“Thanks.” I bring my gaze back to Twilight, still looking a little glum. “It’ll be fine Twilight. I’ll be back soon.”

“Okay,” she whispers. I step outside and see a carriage similar to the one Princess Celestia was using the other day. This one has a seat in the back of it. Since her’s was flat so she could sit on her haunches, this one must have been made for special passengers to ride. It also has a door on either side of it. Kind of looked like something straight from Downton Abby.

“I must ask sir,” the guard asks, “do you have a fear of heights?”

“Not really.” I’ve never had a problem with heights. Back home, whenever I went to an amusement park, I would always enjoy a ride that let me have a good view of the park. Especially a rollercoaster that had some good height to it.

“Then we should have no worries.” The other guard opens a door for me. I give him a thank you nod and step in. I take my seat and see the two guards latch themselves onto the carriage and check to see if everything is secure. Once everything seems so, the two look back to me.

“You ready?” the other guard asks me. I nod once again to respond. Nodding back at me, they now bring their attention to the road in front of them. They rear up and start to gallop at a brisk pace. They’re going at a pretty good speed. Now the two open up their wings and start flapping, powerfully.

It doesn’t take long to feel like I’m being lifted. I see the two guards are starting to lift off the ground. I look down and see the wheels of the carriage lose contact with the ground below and lift off into the air.

The higher we go, the more windy it gets. It’s an odd feeling to be super high in the air and have the wind crash against your face. It feels different than opposed to a windy day on the ground. I can’t really explain why, it just feels like that. Guess you have to experience it to believe it.

Looking at down below, everyone looks like multi colored dots and there are trees as far as the eye can see. Heights never really bothered me. Why would anyone be afraid of heights? From up high, you get to see amazing landscapes that you only dream of seeing.

Ever wanted to see what Philly looks like from an aerial view? Go to the Comcast Center and take a look out of the highest floor. Breathtaking view.

Speaking of amazing landscapes and views, I’ve only been in this carriage for only a couple of minutes and I can already see Canterlot come into view. It’s looks like a utopia. Everything looking all luxurious, white and pretty. The buildings look both noble and regal, giving off a high class atmosphere... This place is full of republicans, isn’t it? Damn it...

As we get closer, I can see the princess’s palace. Or castle, or whatever they call it. It kind of blends in with the rest of the city, kind of makes it hard to see. Maybe it’s supposed to be a metaphor for the princesses, saying they are one with the city. Or that they are one with their subjects.

The whole ride didn’t really last that long. Five, six minutes maybe. We start to descend and the wind that was crashing against my face starts to lessen, until we touchdown and there is no more wind. Lack of flying is my guess.

“We have arrived sir,” the guard says. I hop off the carriage and take a look at the castle in front of me. Just like the city, it looks regal and white. Very large too. It reminds me of those castles I would see in Disney films.

“I’ll escort you, just follow me.” I nod and follow the guard. The first door we enter through leads us to a room with red carpet forward, downward and side to side, directing to different parts of the castle. Banners are draped from the wall, having royal colors. Some are royal blue, some are royal purple.

“Typically, I escort guests to the throne room, but there is a special room set aside for your meeting with the princesses at the other end of the hall. They are already there.”

“Lead the way,” I say. We ascend the stairs and take a left. After walking down the hallway that looks very similar to the foyer of the castle, we reach a set of tall double doors. They seem to be reaching twenty feet tall at least! I get royalty likes big things, but Celestia is close to my height for God’s sake! She doesn’t need doors this big.

On either side of the door are two more guards ponies, who are unicorns, standing at attention, each holding a spear. Both of them have stern and firm looks on their faces, not showing any sort of emotion. Almost threatening really.

“Open the doors. The princesses has made time today to see this young colt.” Good, he’s not calling me a thing or an it.

The two guards at the door nod and their horns glow along with the doors. Using their magic, they open up the gateway to the other side.

“Thanks,” I say to them. The guard and I take a few steps in and see the two princesses with their backsides to me, both whispering to each other. I can’t really make out what they’re saying, they’re being real hush-hush with each other.

“Excuse me, your highnesses, the human colt is here.” The two princesses raise their heads and pivot to face me, both having even faces.

“Thank you guard,” Princess Celestia says. “You are excused.” The guard bows to the princesses and leaves the room, closing the door behind him. I take in my surroundings really quick. It’s very similar to the foyer, banners draping from the ceiling, tall and thin windows, red carpet across the floor, I wonder if a lot of the castle rooms look identical to each other? I bring my attention back to the princesses.

Feeling I should at least be respectful to royalty, I give the two a humble bow at the waist. “Your highnesses,” I say.

“How are you this morning, Nick?” Celestia asks.

“All things considered, all right. I mean, I am breathing and living, so I am alright in that regard, I guess." Celestia closes her eyes and slowly does a single nod.

“How is Twilight?”

“She’s holding out okay. She still feels guilty.” Celestia and Luna’s eyes shift to the side, looking a little guilty themselves. “If it isn’t too much to ask, why didn’t you tell her that the enhancer wouldn’t work?” Celestia lets out a hefty sigh.

“How else would she learn? One of the best ways to learn is through mistakes.” Hmm…

“Okay, I understand the principal, but I was left in the dark and blindsided by not knowing this information prior.”

“I told you last night,” Luna starts off, “would you rather live a week in bliss or know right from the start?”

“Well me not knowing this info made me feel like I was screwed over!” I exclaim. “I can’t go home, Twilight is miserable, the other elements are concerned for us, everything sucks!” My anger is getting the best of me. I need to subside it, Sure I’m frustrated, but I shouldn’t lash it out at royalty. I’ll just dismiss it for now. “You know, forget it. I came here because Princess Luna contacted me last night in my dream. Said you two were going to explain some other stuff?” Celestia nods her head.

“Yes. It does involve your current situation.”

“Yeah. So what’s going to happen with me?” I don’t really know what is beyond this point. I’m not sure what’s going to happen. “I mean, is there really no other way to send me back home?” I ask with a little disbelief. The two princess lower their heads and shake them. I let out a heavy sigh and put my hands on my waist. “Great…”

“Though we can’t send you home, we do have something for you that can help with any sort of closure that you need.”

“And that is...?” The princess's both sidestep, Celestia to the right, Luna to the left. What’s behind them is a white marble pillar with a white box on the top.

“Luna, if you please.” Princess Luna’s horn glows a midnight blue color and lifts the box using her magic. Under the box is an orb, the color of the night sky with little glistening stars in it. It looks like the stars inside are swirling around, kind of like the night princess’ hair. The orb itself rests on top of a small red cushion.

“What is it?” I ask, taking a few steps closer to it for further examination.

“It’s called a Dream Orb,” Luna says. “This took days to construct. It is made purely out of alicorn magic.”

“Does it serve a purpose? I mean, it just looks like a coffee table centerpiece?” Celestia lets out a humorous chuckle.

“It does have a purpose, Nick. When you are asleep with this orb in your grasp, you will have my powers of being in other’s dreams. But it’s only from those in your memory and the ones you keep close to your heart.” Wait, what?

“So, what you’re saying is that-”

“You can talk to your friends and family in their dreams.” Okay, what!?! I can see my friends and family in their dreams!? I can still talk to them?!?! I’m not sure if that is a good thing or a creepy thing. I mean, I can now talk to them, so that’s a good thing.

“Wow that’s uhh…” I’m a bit loss of words. This is a lot to process. I mean, I can now talk to my family and friends once again. I mean, it’s great. My goodness, I can’t believe the princesses have done this for me! My friends and family will have closure. Heck, even more than that! We can still talk! Oh my God this is great!! Something’s blurring my vision and I can feel it run down my cheek. I think it’s a tear. It’s like my sadness has completely diminished.

“You okay there?” Celestia asks. My sights are focused on the orb on the pillar, but I can see her from the corner of my eye that she’s approaching me. I don’t look at her just yet, I just gaze into the night sky that is inside this orb. “It’s yours. You can touch touch it you know.” She doesn’t have to tell me twice.

I approach the orb and reach out for it. I lower my palm on top of the orb, feeling the round glass under it. I lower my fingers, having full grasp of it. Doesn’t weigh much and it’s about the size of a softball. All I have to do is go to sleep holding this thing and I’ll be able to visit family and friends dreams. Amazing!

“Nick?” Celestia asks. Before I knew what even came over me, I swing around and wrap my arms around her neck and give her a tight hug. I let a few more tears flow out of my tear ducts. Not sad tears, but tears of happiness. I can feel her place a hoof on my back, so she must be returning the hug.

“Th-thank you,” I stutter. I know it’s a tad creepy to go into friends dreams, but it’s the closest thing I have to speaking with them once again. I’m thankful for it.

“Well it wasn’t me who made it. It was mostly Luna’s work here. I just lent her a hoof when she needed it.” I ease off Celestia, arms still around her, and turn my gaze to Luna, who is smiling at the scene in front of her. I can’t help but smile at her since she was the one who made the orb for me.

“What, do I not get a hug?” Luna asks humorously. I roll my eyes and let go of the Sun Princess. I walk over to the Moon Princess with open arms and wrap them around her in the same way I hugged Celestia. Luna wraps her foreleg around me and gives me a tight squeeze.

“Sorry I lashed out at you guys a second ago. It was uncalled for.” The way I acted towards them was very rude. I hope an apology can at least make up for what I said.

“It’s alright. We understand you are going through a lot right now. You need to vent out your emotions one way or another.” I think Luna is a little too understanding, and I am okay with it. It kind of makes me think she’s with me throughout all of this. Oh what am I saying? Of course she is. Celestia too. Why else would they go through the trouble of making this Dream Orb for me?

Luna and I stay hugging for a few more moments until we hear the double doors loudly creak open. I let go of Luna to see who is on the other side. It is a white, unicorn stallion, with amazingly blond and flowing hair He seems to just be wearing a tuxedo collar around his neck. Seriously dude, just the collar?

“Aunt Tia,” he says. “I was wondering where you were. I have some….” He trails off when he takes notice of me. Our eyes seem to be locked. His blue eyes staring into my hazel ones. He raises a brow and has a bit of a disgusted look on his face. This is going to be interesting. “Ask if I may, what is that?” At least he asked for permission to ask a question. Polite, I hope.

“Blueblood,” Celestia starts off, “this is the human from Ponyville that we’ve been talking about. Nick,” she brings her attention to me, “this is my nephew, Prince Blueblood.” Price? I had no idea Celestia had a nephew. I should at least be respectful to royalty. I give him a bow at the waist.

“Your highness,” I say.

“Hmm,” Blueblood hums. He trots closer to me until he is only a foot away from he. He seems to be very close to Shining Armor’s height. If not, the same height. He eyes me up and down, inspecting every detail of me. He then starts to trot to my right still eyeing me up. He makes a complete circle around me, and does it once more, as if to see if he missed anything. I have to say, it’s making me a little uncomfortable. Probably should lighten the mood.

“Take a picture, it’ll last longer,” I say. Blueblood stops trotting when he’s at my left side and he stares wide at me. I can hear Celestia and Luna giggle like school girls.

“I beg your pardon?” he asks, as if he was offended. “Is that a way to talk to royalty?” Oh boy, he’s one of those princes.

“Easy there my nephew,” Princess Celestia says. “He was just trying to humor you.” I only talked to Celestia a handful of times and she already gets me.

“She’s right, your highness,” I say respectfully. I doubt he’s going to give me much respect, but I should at least respect him. One wrong word and I could have my head chopped off. Do they even do that here?

“Hmm,” he hums again. He walks past me and then faces me again, looking at me dead in the eye. “The way you were describing him, Aunt Tia, I thought he would do those old stories justice. I have to say I’m a bit disappointed.” My eyes go a little wide at what he said. The princess's eyes do the same as well. Did this mothaf##ka just insult me?

“I’m sorry, what?” I ask.

“From the stories I was told as a young colt, humans were legends and were made out to be mighty, muscular and bold. You just seem average, very disappointing.”

“What, like your IQ?” Okay, f##k respecting the b##ch. I just took this mofo to church without any respect and I don’t regret it.

Luna and Celestia crack up at my remark to him. Guess they aren’t fans of their own nephew. HA! Got the Sun Princess and Moon Princess on my side. Chalk two up for me.

“You dare show disrespect to royalty? Aunt Tia, Aunt Luna, aren’t you two going to help me out here?” Celestia is the first to calm her laughing fit and collect herself a little.

“Sure. How about I get you some ice cold water?” she says, with a few giggles in her sentence. Is she going somewhere with this?

“For what?”

“For that sick burn.” OHH! SHE WENT THERE!! SHE TOOK HIM TO CHURCH TOO!!

“OH MY GOD!” I shout, cracking up and throwing my hands in the air, still holding on to the orb. And Luna, oh my god, she’s rocking back and forward on her back holding her gut. She’s losing it!

I walk over to Celestia with my free hand low, palm up. “Yo Celestia, gimme some.” She slaps her hoof on my palm and she has a lowered hoof for me to slap. And I comply.

“This is- this, just, arrgghhh!!” Prince Blueballs seems to be pretty pissed and he storms out of the room without another word. The three of us take a few moments to collect ourselves after he leaves. I’m wiping tears away from my eyes, Luna is rubbing her stomach and Celestia clears her throat.

“Good laugh gals,” I say.

“I apologize for Blueblood’s behavior. He isn’t, well…”

“Polite,”

“Considerate,” Luna says.

“Compassionate.”

“Caring.”

“Civil.”

“Understanding.”

“Noble.”

“Point is,” Celestia interjects, “he isn’t much of what you two listed already and I apologize, Nick. He still has much to learn about his duties as a prince. It’s more than just smiling and looking pretty.” Luna leans close to me to whisper something.

“That’s only half of it,” she quietly says, obviously joking. I can't help but snicker a little. I had no idea the princesses would have such a sense of humor. Laughing with them and roasting Bluebutt (gonna be giving him a few nicknames) was great. That’s a memory I’m putting in the vault.

“Hey, once again, thank you so much for the dream orb. I’ll make sure to put it to good use.”

“You are quite welcome,” the Sun Princess says. “You should make your way back to Ponyville. I don’t want to keep you here too long.”

“Your majesty,” I say bowing. Funnily enough, the two return the bow, probably just to say goodbye. “I guess I’ll be seeing you two later.”

“Safe travels my little human.” Really? She had to say that? “I hope we run into each other once again in the near future, where circumstances, for you, are much better.”

“Thank you once again, I really appreciate it.” I turn around to leave. When I reach the door frame, I turn my head to them once again and give them a little goodbye wave, which they return. I continue to make my way out and the guard from earlier escorts me out of the building.

I thought everything was going downhill for me. I thought I wouldn’t be able to see friends and family again. But with this orb, I can still talk to them. God those two are amazing.

I wonder if I can see the ponies (the one’s I’ve meet) dreams? Could I try to see Rainbow Dash’s dream? Or Big Mac, or Vinyl Scratch or... Vinyl Scratch… Hmm.