• Published 15th Aug 2014
  • 5,124 Views, 83 Comments

Stuck - NickyD



I was driving home one evening and my car runs out of gas. So I try to get more, but as I was walking to the gas station, I get zapped by a purple lightning bolt and end up in a world of talking ponies. How did this happen? And why does this world lo

  • ...
29
 83
 5,124

Outfits

Tuesday, 10:57 A.M.

By this point of the day, I have already gotten a shower and had breakfast. I am still wondering what Luna was talking about last night. My greatest fear becoming a reality, and she told me not to worry about until the end of the week. How in the Hell am I not supposed to worry about a great fear of mine becoming a reality? Seriously, if you are aware that something bad is going to happen in the future, you will be more paranoid than Ty Dolla $ign...bad pun. Forget I said that.

While these thoughts are racing through my head, I hear a few light knocks on the door. I open the door, only to reveal Rarity. "Hey Rarity," I say with a smile, trying to hide some anxiety. In all honesty, I am glad to see her. Nothing like a friendly face to help relive some bad feelings.

"Good news Nick, I finished your outfits way ahead of schedule," she says positively and happily. "I told you I work fast."

"Guess you weren't kidding."

"Lets get going! I'm so excited to show you my work." She gets behind me, very quickly, and it looks like she is ready to poke my back again. Before she rams her horn into my back once more, I grab it and she stops just a couple of inches before impact.

"Please not again. I have no idea how I was able to sleep last night due to my sore back. So please, no more poking." She removes her horn from my hand and blushes out of embarrassment.

"Sorry, I'm just really excited."

"I can tell you are very enthusiastic about me seeing your creations."

"I can be like that with anypony really." Understandable. When I dropped my first cover song, I was enthusiastic and told everyone I knew about it. The next day, I asked people if they listened to it very excited like. I even asked the same people twice by accident, or on purpose. Anyway…

"Well, lets go." The two of us walk through Ponyvillie to get to Rarity's boutique......or house? Housley boutique? A boutique like home? Oh whatever, you know what I mean.

The atmosphere of the residents seems to be a bit different. Slightly less, "judgey", if you ask me. It looks like I am receiving less stares from some of the residents. A good majority of the ponies here are still staring at me, whispering to other residents, but a there are some who seem to be comfortable around me. The six ponies that I have meet along with a couple of others must have a good reputation in Ponyville. I mean, they are the protagonists. I guess I met the right peop-ponies.

11:05 A.M.

The two of us reach her boutique within minutes. I open the door for her say, "Ladies first."

"Thank you very much," she says. She walks in and I follow in suit. There is a curtain circling around that stage thing with the mirrors. She walks over to where a rope is suspended from near the curtain. "A few new outfits for are behind this curtain. I really hope you like them. Are you ready?" She asks this with much enthusiasm. I nod my head, ready to see what is in store.

She pulls the string which pulls back the curtain. Behind the suspended fabric are four new, awesome outfits dressing plastic models that resemble a human. (How she got those?) Two of them I can tell are her own original creations and other two she made must have been inspiration from the photo's I showed her the other day. "A made a couple directly from your home planet so you can feel a little more at home."

The first outfit is a full out Los Angeles Lakers uniform. It is a yellow sleeveless jersey with the sides being purple. The team name, "Lakers", are printed in purple letters. The shorts are the same, mainly yellow with a purple side. The number on the Jersey is a twenty-four in white print. Oh yeah, Kobe Bryant, love that guy as an athlete. The back of the jersey has bigger, white numbers and Bryant's name on the back. It comes with matching yellow and purple basketball shoes too! I do remember showing her a picture of a couple of basket ball players yesterday. She must have kept Kobe in mind.

The next one is directly from my home planet as well. It's my favorite outfit from home! The purple one I told her about. She replicated it perfectly. The purple and white plaid shirt that is buttoned up, with the grayish blue cargo shorts. It looks great!

These other two outfits are her own, but inspired from my home planet. The first original outfit is a green t-shirt that has a grey cross on its right side with a light grey background design around it. It comes with brownish-tan cargo shorts, which you can never go wrong with.

The last one consists of: an open, green, no zipper short sleeved hoodie, with a white t-shirt underneath along with red cargo shorts. She even made green, white and red basketball sneakers to go with the outfit. This whole attire looks like the Italian flag! My heritage.

"So, what do you think?" Rarity asks, trying to hold her excitement in by what I can tell. I examine each one of her outfits thoroughly. She had done a great job and has outdone herself. The designs on each outfit are great, the stitch pattern is professionally done, the shoes are on fleek! Nothing negative can be said about these clothes.

"These...look...AMAZING!" I say excitedly. "I love these!"

"Well, try them on! Try the green, white and red one first!" I don't even argue and get behind the changing screen. I take off the other outfit Rarity made me yesterday, put on this fresh new one and emerge from behind the screen. This is cozy one. The shoes fit great too! Original, custom made shoes...well not exactly personal custom, but custom made by the designer. I really feeling this one, it makes me feel like I am in touch with my roots.

"I'm really liking this one." I turn around and look at the back, admiring Rarity's work. "It's comfy and very stylish. The colors compliment each other very well."

"I remember seeing a picture of a flag from that weird device you have. The color scheme looked interesting and the idea for this outfit immediately popped into my head."

"Well, I say you have done a great job my friend."

"Why thank you darling, now, lets try the other ones!" For the next couple of minutes, I try on the other outfits that Rarity has ever so generously made for me. Every outfit fits very well and they look awesome! She holds her hooves up as if she is holding a camera and is telling me to do poses. I go along with it, just having some fun. The last outfit I try on, and keep on, is the purple one. "Oh, Nick darling, I have washed the clothes that you came here to Equestria with. They're in this bag," she says lifting up a large, brown paper bag with her magic.

"Rarity?" I hear a child-like voice say coming down from the steps. "Have you seen Op-" The voice stops speaking when the owner of that voice takes notice of me. She might be Rarity's sister because she looks a little bit like her. Pearl white fur, a styled yet curly mane, unicorn horn, and so on. I wave at her, to show that I am harmless, but she just screams. "RARITY, A MONSTER IS IN THE HOUSE! GET IT BEFORE IT HURTS US!" Holy crap, her voice squeaks more than my clutch pedal. And that thing squeaks a lot.

"Sweetie Bell, what in the name of Celestia are you talking about?" Rarity trots over to me and stands by my side, both of us are facing, who I'm presume is Sweetie Belle. "This is Nick. He is known as a human and he is from a different planet. Nick is a nice colt and won't hurt you or me." Rarity turns her head to me. "Nick, this is my younger sister Sweetie Belle." I walk a couple of steps and get on one knee. I think I should use the same approach with what I did with Apple Bloom the other day. It worked her, might as well work with Sweetie Belle.

"Hey there Sweetie Belle. I'm Nick." I give her a warm smile, hoping to let her know that I am harmless. She walks a little closer to me and looks into my eyes and I look into hers. The light green iris' in her eyes stare right into mine. It takes, maybe, a minute, but she is now smiling at me. I can tell she is already warming up to me by just looking into my eyes.

"There you go," Rarity says trotting up to us. "You see, Nick is harmless." Suddenly the door of the boutique bursts open (startling the three of us) only to reveal Rainbow Dash flying in.

"What's going on?!" She asks sort of worried, but at the same time, ready to take action. "Is everypony okay!" She looks around the boutique and sees nothing wrong. "I heard screaming. What happened?"

"Sweetie Belle saw me and panicked," I say.

"Oh." She walks up to me and takes a look at the purple shirt I'm in. "Nice shirt. Rarity's work?" I nod my head. "Of course. Welp, since things aren't bad here, I guess I should be off." She turns around and heads for the door, but she stops her self. She then turns her head to look at me. "Actually, Nick, has anypony given you a tour of Ponyville?"

"Uhhh no." I haven't really been around that much of town now, have I?

"How about I give you one?"

"Really? When?"

"When you're done with Rarity. I'll wait outside for you." She zips out of the boutique faster than Usain Bolt.

Rainbow Dash didn't give me much of a choice, so why not? "I think I'll take Rainbow Dash's tour offer," I say.

"Sure thing, hold on for a second," Rarity says. She uses her magic to fold my new outfits and my other two outfits, puts them into other large, brown paper bags and she hands them to me. "That should be your wardrobe for the week. Free of charge."

"Thanks a bundle Rarity, I owe you big time!"

"Oh pish-posh, you don't owe me anything. Now run along darling, I hate to keep Rainbow Dash waiting for you." I pick up the bags and look at Sweetie Belle and Rarity.

"Thanks again Rarity and it was nice meeting you Sweetie Belle." The two smile warmly at that. "See you guys around." I exit the boutique with bags in hand. I look around for Rainbow Dash and she is just on my left. She's suspended in the air, flapping her wings.

"Ready for an awesome grand tour?" She asks.

"Sure, just let me drop these off at Twilight's first, then we can go. Sound good?"

"Sure." The two of us make our way to the library.

11:37 A.M.

Throughout the time for the both of us to get to the library, Rainbow Dash just flies. She doesn't really stay on the ground that much. I ask her why and she responds by mentioning that she just likes being in the air more. She does admit that her head can be in the clouds a lot (literally and figuratively) and her pet tortoise, Tank, keeps her grounded every once in a while. It's good to be grounded every here and there.

By the time we reach the library, we notice a piece of paper taped to the front door. Out of sheer curiosity, I grab the note and read it out loud.

"Out for supplies,

Should be back at around two in the afternoon.

-Twilight"

I see if I can try to open the door, but it is locked. "Don't worry Nick, I know where she keeps a spare key," Rainbow Dash says. Who said said I was worried?

She puts her forehoof into the shrub on top of the door and it looks like she is trying to grope or feel for something. After a minute she pulls out a key from the shrub and drops it into my hand. I insert the key into the slot of the lock and give it a nice twist, unlocking it.

"I'm going to put these clothes in the room I'm staying in, then we can get started with the tour." Very quickly, I jog into the library, head into the guest room, place the bags on the bed, head back outside, lock the door and place the key in the shrub above me.

"You ready?" she asks.

"You bet I am!"

"Alright! Let's get started!"