• Published 15th Aug 2014
  • 5,124 Views, 83 Comments

Stuck - NickyD



I was driving home one evening and my car runs out of gas. So I try to get more, but as I was walking to the gas station, I get zapped by a purple lightning bolt and end up in a world of talking ponies. How did this happen? And why does this world lo

  • ...
29
 83
 5,124

Mental Conflicts

3:00 P.M.

"And I just swipe my finger across the screen to go to the next page," I say to Twilight and Spike, doing a demonstration. I have decided to show Twilight how my iPhone operates. I just answered a few questions about it the other day, but I didn't get to show her how it actually works. I can't get too technical because, like what I have said, I have no idea how operating systems work, or whatever they're supposed to be called. "I would also demonstrate a phone call, but I don't think I can."

"How come?' Spike and Twilight ask.

"I doubt my service provider goes beyond my planet?"

"Service what?" Spike asks.

"A service provider is a company who allows me to make these phone calls, but since they are more than likely not on this planet, I can't."

"Oh, okay." Come to think of it, what I would give to call my friends and family. Seeing what's going on, to see how they're doing without me. I have been away from my family for days when I was going on vacation with friends, but it was only as far as Hershey, Pennsylvania or Bush Gardens in Virginia. Those were only drives that take a couple of hours. Equestria is God knows how many miles away from my home planet. No, I shouldn't let these thoughts get to me. I'm not going to be in this world much longer. I'll be back home soon.

"How does sound come out of it?" Twilight asks.

"I just know it goes through the speaker," I answer, point at the little gray area at the top of the phone. I go to my music and play a song to demonstrate the speaker system.

"Fascinating." About thirty seconds into the song, I am just about to pause it but Twilight stops me. "Keep it playing. This has caught my attention." Throughout the song, I see her tapping her hoof to the beat and Spike is snapping to it. Good to know they enjoy it. I mean, how can one listen to Frank Sinatra and not snap or tap to the beat? This guy is a legend, he...off topic again. Sorry.

When the song ends, Twilight asks me: "What else can it do?" A little broad, but I can definitely answer that.

"I can do these things called voice memos. Do you have tape recorders here?"

"Yeah," Spike answers.

"It's pretty much like that. Watch." I open the application and tap the red button. It's recording and I speak into the microphone. "Test one, two. I am here with two new friends of mine, Twilight and Spike. Spike say something." I point the microphone end of the iPhone to Spike.

"Hello everypon-po-pu-blech" I pull my phone away in the nick of time before green flames could get to it. But when the green flames disappear, a scroll with a red ribbon appears. What? "Oh, Cadence must've replied." I stop the recording and huh?

"Wait, I'm confused." I say. "You just belched fire and a scroll appears? What?"

"Spike's fire doesn't burn unless he wants it to. It's mostly used for delivering letters."

"So it's magic fire?"

"Pretty much." Well...okay...that's strange...Well, you learn something new everyday.

"So what's it say?" I ask. Twilight magically picks up the scroll, opens it and reads it aloud.

"Dear Twilight Sparkle,

Shining Armor and I have received your letter the other day and are intrigued with the human dubbed as Nick. We would love to stop by tomorrow for a visit, but unfortunately, Shining Armor has a meeting with the delegates of Saddle Arabia and will not be back until Thursday. But, if it is okay with you, we would love to see you then! Please respond to the earliest of you're convenience.

With Love,
Your Sister in Law,
Princess Cadence"

"Do we have anything that day?" Spike asks.

"I don't think so. Check my calendar for me Spike." Spike runs over to a nearby desk and grabs a calendar. I see his eyes skim across the calendar to see the weekly events.

"Nope, we're all clear for that day."

"Then pencil Shining and Cadence in for Thursday." Spike pulls out a quill from literally thin air (still questioning how they do that) and scribbles down the event of the day.

"There we go. Oh Nick, did I accidentally burn your phone?" I look down at the Apple device. It's still in one piece, not charred at all.

"We're good," I say. "If you want, I can play back the recording." Spike nods his head and I play the recording. Twilight seems to be impressed with the things my phone is capable of. "I can even take pictures on this too. I'll show you some of mine." I open the photo app and show them some pictures.

"Good quality photos," Twilight points out. I show them, mostly, some pictures of me and my friends, but I stop at this one photo. It's my recent family vacation photo with me and the family in front of the Washington Monument. "Is that your family?" Twilight asks. I nod my head. "Is the little one your sister?"

"She isn't that little. She's only younger than me by four years," I say. "I'll point out my family by name. The big bald one is my dad, Michael; this here is my mom, Sofia; my sister here is Joan and this guy is my brother, Tony." Memories with my family flood my mind. Playing baseball with my brother and dad, cooking with my mom, playing video games my sister. They're pleasant memories, but thinking about them kind of makes me sad. Why am I being purged with these reminders of my family? I'm going home by Sunday, I shouldn't be worried. Maybe I'm just feeling a tad homesick and I just don't realize it. I let out a sigh.

"You okay Nick?" Twilight asks softly. I nod slowly.

"Yeah Twi, just...thinking about them makes me a little homesick. I mean, I've been away from my family before, but I was only within a couple hours distance. I'm many worlds away from where I'm from."

"Don't you worry Nick, I'll get you home to your family. You'll be with them again by the end of the week, that I can assure you. I even Pinkie Promise." How can she Pinkie Promise if she doesn't have any fingers? "Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye," she says this while doing gestures that correspond with the words. Based on how silly it sounds, I'm guessing Pinkie Pie made that up...OOOOOHHHHHH! Pinkie Promise! I get it now!

But I digress. I smile at Twilight. I'm grateful to have her send me back home. Hmm...when I get back, what's gonna' happen? Am I just going to brush this off and act like this whole experience was nothing? Should I tell people I was stuck inside a kids TV show? Then again, if I did, I would have a one way ticket to the loony bin. But I'm actually experiencing this. If I told everyone the reason I was gone for a whole week was because I got magically sent to this 'pony world', they would think I'm crazy. I'll figure something out, in due time.

Come to think of it, I wonder if those Brony guys would be jealous of me? I'd imagine it's their dream to come to this world, and yet, a non-Brony is here in Equestria. Ha, suck it Bronies! I beat you to it! A non-Brony in Equestria baby! WOOHOO!

Actually, does coming to Equestria and befriending the main characters automatically make you a Brony? Ah well, if it does, so what?

That Night (Dream Sequence)
Mount Dora, Florida, 12:21 A.M.

Me and my friend, Jermaine, are parked in front of a mansion. Other cars that are a lot more expensive and sporty litter the street and driveway and not to mention that there is music is blaring from inside the house. I was invited to this party and I asked my host if I could bring a friend, and he said he can come. "Dude, I can't believe we're here," I say to my friend, taking a deep breath.

"Neither can I man," Jermaine says back. "I still can't believe you wanted me to come."

"I'm still having a hard time believing that this guy, a legend, would invite some Joe like me. There's mainly celebrities here and I'm an internet celebrity. I don't think that applies."

"Are you complaining?"

"No. I'm just, shocked." The two of us stare at the house for a moment or two. "Other celebs are gonna be here too, no doubt."

"You think Kevin Hart will be in there?"

"More than likely." I did hear a lot of people are coming here to this guy's party. I wouldn't be too surprised since the host is a legendary basketball player. I kind of do hope Hart is in there because that guy is fun to watch. "Ready to go in?" I put my hand down.

"Let's do it bro," Jermaine says dapping my hand, then we snap. The two of us get out of the car and walk to the front door. I ring the doorbell. "Ya think they're gonna hear it? The music is pretty loud."

"Dunno." After five more seconds of waiting, our host appears at the door. Shaquille O'Neal.

"Hey Nicky! You made it!" he says. He puts his hand out to do a dap and I comply by dapping him and doing the 'pull in hug'.

"Hey Shaq. Thanks for inviting me. Oh, this is my bro Jermaine." Shaq looks at Jermaine then back to me.

"I think your mom has some explaining to do." Jermaine and I chuckle at his remark. I always knew Shaq has a sense of humor.

"He's a brotha' from anotha' motha'," Jermaine says, going along with the joke and dapping Shaquille O'Neal.

"Well, you two come in. Come meet some friends of mine." He moves to the side of the door and we enter the mansion. Now, this place is chunk full with people. I do recognize some people here. And like Jermaine's guess, Kevin Hart is here. He's talking to some girl, who might I add, is HOT! Kevin is divorced, go get 'em tiger.

"Hey, I know you," I hear a voice from behind me. I turn around and see a music legend approach me. It's Usher! "I've seen your stuff online." I am starstruck right now! For one thing, I had no idea that Shaq would invite Usher. Another thing is that I LOVE Usher! He's amazing!

"Y-you saw my stuff," I stutter.

"Yeah man, it's dope." Usher Raymond likes my music! Holy crap! If I died now, I would die a happy man. I don't show my excitement on the outside, so I just smile. If I react how I want to, he would probably just walk away and think I'm nuts.

"Thanks man," I give him a dap. "I appreciate it. Hey, lemme introduce you to my fri-" I can't finish my sentence because Jermaine disappeared. I quickly scan the place for him and see Jermaine talking to a Miami Heat cheerleader. Well, guess I'm on my own. "Well, it looks like my friend is flirting with a cheerleader at the moment." Usher chuckles a little.

"How about I introduce you to someone. Hey Trey!" From a small group of people, I see Trey Songz walk over to me and Usher. OH MY GOD, TREY SONGZ! This guy is great! Keep your cool Nick. Just like you, he's a person. Take it easy. "Hey Trey, this guy is NickyD. That internet guy I told ya about."

"Oh, I've heard of ya," he says. Even when he talks, he has the voice of an angel. Damn it Nick, keep it together! "Haven't heard you're stuff yet, but I did hear some good things about you."

"Thanks man, I appreciate it," I say calmly, yet happily, and not trying to fan girl. "How long has the party been goin' on?" I ask.

"About an hour now. More people are on the way." Even more celebs! Oh, this is gonna be a good night. I can guarantee it.

3:00 A.M.

So throughout the party, I have meet a lot of people. I meet some of Shaq's family members, who are the coolest people ever! I meet some athletes like Lebron James, Magic Johnson and Mike Tyson . Even some music icons like Eminem to 50 Cent. It's amazing how many people are here! This is a big ass house, so he can fit a lot of people. I also find it amazing that some of these guys have heard my stuff, and like it! Having them like my music means so much to me. Though it's mostly cover music, it's still a good thing that they enjoy it.

So right now I'm with a group of people and Jermaine is finishing up a joke. "...So then the guy goes, 'she ain't your bae'." All of us in this group laugh until our lungs couldn't take it. My sides hurt, water floods my eyes, and it's impossible to breathe.

"Whoo man," a family member of Shaq says, wiping some tears away. "That's good man."

"My bro here has some funny stories," I say, regaining my composure and letting some air back into my lungs. "Oh, you should tell them the one when Denzel was dragging me by a bungie-"

"Excuse me. Pardon me. Sorry." That voice. It sounds too familiar. Where have I heard it?

The voice gets closer and...is that hoof steps I hear? From the crowd of people behind us appears Princess Luna! "Hello Nick," she says to me, smiling. What's she doing here?!

"Who brought in the unicorn?" Another member of Shaq's family asks.

"I'm an alicorn."

"Can you guys excuse me for just a second," I say getting up. "Follow me," I whisper into Luna's ear. She does follow me as we make our way upstairs. Aside from the group of people I was just with, is anyone else acknowledging the fact that a talking alicorn is in Shaquille O'Neal's mansion?

We make our way to a small balcony and I finally ask: "What are you doing here?"

"I was sensing that somepony is having an extremely pleasant dream. I usually leave those alone, but once in a while, I'll come in and see if I could make the dream even better for them or to just simply check up on somepony."

"You just wanted to come to the party didn't you?"

"Yeah." Figures. Wait, Princess Luna's here. I could use this time to my advantage. Maybe I can squeeze some more information out of her to see what she meant the other night.

"Princess Luna, can you tell me anything else about what you told me the other night?" She lets out a sigh.

"I had a feeling you would ask that. But I have been told to keep that information classified." You gotta be kidding me.

"Why can't you tell me? As a matter of fact, why bother coming here if you knew I was going to ask you about my greatest fear becoming a reality?" This alicorn really knows how to get on my nerves.

"For the first question, like what I just said, the information is classified and it would be best for you to stay in bliss. For the second question, I was reluctant, but I figured since I told you not too worry about it, you would just follow my advice. I mean, when any princess gives you advice, you should take it and use it." I guess that is a general rule of thumb. When a figure of high authority gives you wisdom or advice, one should heed by it. Besides, she's hella old. Her wisdom surpasses mine by centuries.

But by GOD, it's killing me not knowing what she's talking about. "And the party looks like it's fun. I mean, what's wrong with having fun in another one's dream?" I guess there isn't much harm to tha-she's trying to change the subject. Focus.

"Luna, I'm begging you. Are you worried I'll get hurt because of what you say?"

"Mmm, I don't think I'm at liberty to say that either."

"Luna, please."

"I'm sorry, but my sister and I have agreed to keep this information hidden." She won't break. There has to be something I can use.

"Yo Nicky," I hear Shaq call up to me. "Fifty and Tyler Perry are having a pizza bagel eating contest. You commin'?"

"One sec!" I call down. I turn back to face Luna, but she's gone! Damn it! I look away for two seconds and she leaves. Great. What is it that she's hiding? Worst fear becoming a reality...this is definitely gonna plague my mind.

"Nick, hurry up!" Jermaine says, having one Miami Heat cheerleader wrapped in each arm of his. "You're gonna miss it."

"I'm comin!" I say. Hopefully the ridiculous idea of Tyler Perry and 50 Cent having a pizza bagel eating contest will ease everything that's purging my mind.

Author's Note:

I know, I know, a crap load of references. But come on, it's a party (inside a dream) hosted by a basketball legend, you would expect him to invite some celebrity friends. Any way, I hope you enjoyed the chapter.