• Published 15th Aug 2014
  • 525 Views, 0 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 7 -- monsters in the Grass - shysage



Summer Rain had endured some very nasty 'monsters' in the 'Equestria Girls' world. Everypony hoped such a thing would never happen again...

  • ...
20
 0
 525

Chapter 6, monsters in the Grass

Waiting for it to get dark... Sometimes waiting is the hardest...

It was quiet for a bit.

"Uhm Shysage..." Pinkie said, without warning. "They are not here, but they are incoming in their truck -- maybe 15 minutes away..."

I started the car immediately, turned the lights on and headed for the driveway to the farm house, maybe a quarter mile up ahead. They were not even there right now, we had to work fast.

"And Shysage... They have your Summer too..." she added quietly.

"How..." I said, trying to control my anger...

I glanced quickly back. The 'scope' showed Pinkie was right, of course... My Mare was laying in the back of their pick-up... ...again... She was wearing the same clothes though, which was probably good.

I headed between two close fence posts on the way down their driveway, and clipped one post with both bumpers; this car was wide.

I quickly drove around behind the farm house, far enough around so my car couldn't be seen from the front. I really hoped there were no other 'monsters' here right now...


My Twin and I were able to break the back door latch, and we were quickly inside.

Equestria Girls Summer was tied into a chair, sitting in the middle of a small, otherwise empty room... Her head was down, and her eyes closed... She didn't even acknowledge our presence...

We both said, at the same time "Summer..."

She brought her head up immediately, and burst into tears, as we began to untie her.

Before we were done, I knelt down in front of her, and asked her to look at me, and she did, still crying... I spoke softly...

"Summer, the monsters will be here in ten minutes, and they have my Summer with them. We need you to calm down, and wait in the car with Pinkie."

Summer said "Ok", choking back tears as she got up out of the chair. She headed straight for the restroom, and was soon back out. Then she hugged her stallion tightly, and wept softly as he walked her to the car. He helped her into the front seat.

Pinkie Pie was already in the front seat now too. Pinkie probably knew my Summer was going in the back seat.

Pinkie hugged her friend, Equestria Girls Summer Rain, and they were both crying softly together. True friends...

As soon as we had Summer out of that chair, I headed out to the car and grabbed the keys, and quickly opened the trunk.

I carefully turned the 'scope' off, put the cover on it, and moved it into the trunk.

As quickly as I could, I went back inside, and carefully checked the farm house for any electronics. I found 3 Tablets, 5 Notebooks, and 3 Desk Top computers. They all went in the cavernous trunk of my car.

While clearing out the electronics, I made a sobering discovery. One of their computer displays showed a clear view of the soda machine in the Cake's shop...

These monsters were watching EVERYONE who was coming inside... Just about everyone who ate at the Cake's got soda, and would need to be at this machine... And this is probably how they found both Summers... again...

Pinkie and I would 'fix' that...

Still, the computers in my trunk would provide tons of evidence should this prove necessary. Also, the IP addresses as well as passwords they contained would set the monsters back a while.

Well, we still needed to survive this, somehow..

And, honestly, while searching the monster's house, I really had to make an important decision...

I am not a fan of the 'vigilante' mindset in any form or fashion. Before I fell through a wall into Equestria, I would have insisted on involving the local law enforcement as soon as possible.

While increasingly favoring the criminal, the 'justice' process in the Equestria Girls world was ponderous and slow, but usually effective, unless the criminal was given the opportunity to run away. And sometimes just getting them away, that could be enough... ...Except they often came back, and that could be scary...

But the involvement of two Equestria ponies totally changed the whole equation. Both my Mare and my Twin had absolutely no identity in this world, and local law enforcement would never be able to work past that... ...And expecting ponies from Equestria to wait here in this world for years...

I quickly realized that I needed to 'rescue and run'... We really had no other options... I had arrived at the same conclusion with Summer, maybe eight months ago (in Equestria Girls world time), when these monsters last abducted her...

All the electronics I could find, were in the trunk. I closed it...


I called my Twin to me. "I need you to be a pony..." I said quietly. I honestly had no idea if this would even work...

My Twin just smiled, and said "I thought you would never ask." In the blink of an eye, he was a pony again. That was his native form, I don't know...

"How did you do that?" I asked quietly.

"Let's just get this done" he replied quietly.

I quickly walked through the house, and turned on every light inside.

I headed to the front door, unlocked it, and opened it wide, and left it that way.

Then I led my Twin, now a pony, out the front door.

I showed him the power lines coming across to the house, over the driveway, and said quietly "Don't get near that, it will kill you.

"I honestly don't know where they will come, or what they will do. It is dark now. When they pull in, they will get out of the truck.

"I need you fly above them, and dive low enough to kick one of them in the head from the air. Just knock him out, if you can. Then get out of sight.

"I will try to somehow do the same to the second one.

"I wish I could give you more direction, but we will need to play this by ear."

A few minutes later, we heard them coming, even from far away.

Equestria pony Shysage was quickly in the air and out of sight.

I ducked, and backed into the weeds near the clearing in front of the house, and just waited.

This was it... I asked true friend for help...


Evidently the 'hot-head' was driving the truck, and was instantly furious when he saw all the lights and the wide open front door. He turned on his high-beams, and drove quickly right up to the front porch of the house. I thought for a minute that he was going to actually ram the house.

Both got out of the truck, and the hot-head pulled his gun out. He was quickly yelling and swearing.

I heard a loud 'thump', and his buddy fell to the ground. My Twin was a skilled flyer, no question...

The hot-head was now pointing his gun into the night scanning around, slowly turning around in full circles. He had evidently seen something...

I ran quickly and quietly up to the back of the truck, then around to the side he was on.

When he was slowly turning towards the house, looking carefully into the night sky for 'something', I extended my elbows forward, and ran at him madly, as quietly as I could.

My elbows caught him in the small of his back, and he pulled the trigger, shot harmlessly into the air, then the gun flew out of his hand. I had knocked the wind out of him.

I kept my eye on where the gun went.

Well, when he fell, his head hit one of the path-stones that led to the front door of the house, pretty hard. He was 'out' now too.

Two monsters in the grass...

I picked the gun up, and put it on the roof of the truck.

My Summer...

I carefully picked my Mare up out of the bed of the pickup...

I loved her so...

Her hair was madly wind-blown, matted and full of dirt from the bed of the truck. I didn't even care. She was beautiful. But she was still 'out cold', too.

I carried her quickly around the house to the car, and laid her gently across the back seat, and checked both her pulse and her breathing. Both were ok; she was alive at least. I tried to quickly get the hair out of her face, anyway...

I called my Twin. I hoped this worked.

He walked over, as a pony, and I grabbed one of his front hooves. He immediately turned back into a 'people', and I helped him stand up.

"How did you do that?" he asked quietly.

"Go sit next to your mare" I replied quietly.

"Pinkie I will be right back. I need to use their gun to disable their truck." I said quickly.

I ran back around the front of the house.

Watching the monsters, I retrieved the gun from the roof of their truck, and used the gun to take two tires out, then put two bullets through the radiator. I wanted to make sure it was a while before they tried to follow us.

I next pulled the clip out of the gun, removed the bullets, and threw both far into the brush.

I ran through the house, found a large towel, and soaked it in water. And I carefully put the gun into the water tank of one of the toilets. It would be useless when they found it...

I ran out the back of the house.

Still holding the wet towel, I carefully got in the back seat, and gently moved Summer's head into my lap. I checked her breathing, and pulse again, both were the same. I really wanted to give her a kiss, but didn't.

Then I closed my door, and my Twin closed his door too.

Wow, big 'oops'...

Equestria Girls Pinkie Pie was sitting in front of the steering wheel...

It was quiet for maybe half a minute.

"Pinkie Pie, can you drive this thing?" I asked slowly.

Pinkie's reply was amazing... I wish I could have recorded it... In her high pitched, excited ladies' voice, she shouted "Whooo Hooo!"