• Published 15th Aug 2014
  • 525 Views, 0 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 7 -- monsters in the Grass - shysage



Summer Rain had endured some very nasty 'monsters' in the 'Equestria Girls' world. Everypony hoped such a thing would never happen again...

  • ...
20
 0
 525

Chapter 20, Short and Sweet

After an amazing magical Sonic Rainboom, both Rainbows flew back to the Castle, landed, and we all hugged tightly for a few minutes, then changed back into ponies.

Summer jumped in here, and spoke briefly. She said that coming back home directly to Ponyville last night was amazing, as was time with all now twelve Twins.

Still, she asked all present to take a moment to honor Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, the rulers of Equestria, as they had not yet taken that opportunity.

Everypony understood immediately, and quickly bowed to the Princess sisters.

Princess Celestia asked everyone to rise right away, and said a few words herself. She didn't speak for very long, but simply warned against 'frivolous' use of the Portal.

Moving it to Princess Twilight's Library made both worlds 'closer', and Equestria leadership had agreed to that move. But this just required more responsible use of the Portal by all involved. And nopony really knew what sort of 'magical reserve' the Portal had, or whether it was close to being depleted or not.

Princess Celestia also indicated that the Equestria ponies still should NOT go to the Equestria Girls world without Princess Twilight's approval, and that it was expected that the Canterlot Recorder (and his Mare, of course) would accompany them. Princess Celestia again reminded everypony that even recent events demonstrated that the Equestria Girls world could be a harsh, unforgiving and dangerous place.

In closing, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna 'officially' welcomed Equestria Girls Filia and Fiona to Equestria, and both Princesses hugged all four red-heads.

Princess Twilight followed by simply saying that nothing else was planned, and that everypony should enjoy the day with their Twin.

Amazing ponies began to wander off, and Summer and I headed over to Cel (Princess Celestia) and Lu (Princess Luna). There were two Air Coaches waiting now, but we still took some time, just the four of us, and we hugged and cried together for a (too short) while.

Evidently they had only recently heard that mom (Equestria pony Summer) was kidnapped too, and this was very scary to them. Cel and Lu were just glad mom and her Twin were safely back.

Summer and I walked them over to their Air Coaches, hugged all four of them, and they and their Twins were soon off.

Still, Summer and I needed to hug and cry together for a little while after they left. We both loved our girls...


Well, the best I could tell...

Both Raritys and both Twilights spent the day in the Library with four red-head Unicorn mares, learning magic together, and having a blast. Equestria Girls Twilight and Equestria Girls Rarity were still learning too; it was just an amazing time.

The Pinkies went to the Cakes, the Applejacks went to Sweet Apple Acres, and the Rainbow Twins spent most of the day together in the air. It was clear that Equestria Girls Rainbow had dearly missed flying.

The Summers and the Fluttershys spent most of the day at Fluttershy's Cottage, hugging sisters, talking together or Soul Linking.

I talked to my Twin for a while, and realized that he needed something to do.

His Summer (Equestria Girls Summer Rain) was doing a lot better, and expected to head back to the Equestria Girls world in time to start school. And they both were absolutely overjoyed that the two monsters were in jail now.

But spending a lot of time around his Summer, here in Equestria, was not easy for him, and I understood what he meant. He mentioned they both were feeling a lot of pressure, and were doing their best... Well, it was just hard.

He loved his Summer dearly, but living in the Equestria Girls world seemed to slow both of their desires down to a great degree, and he mentioned that they both were looking forward to that.

I knew exactly how he felt.

Still, I mentioned that I needed my 'scope' thing, and told him it was still in the trunk of my car. I asked him to take his time, go through the Portal, get it, and bring it back to the Library. I mentioned that it would probably be late in the evening there, but that should be ok.

We walked to Fluttershy's Cottage, and he hugged his mare some (I hugged mine too), and then we walked to the Library, let Princess Twilight know, and he was quickly through the Portal.

I thought that he would be tempted to climb into bed, and try to get some sleep. I found out later that's what he did. Well, he checked in with the church where he worked, and actually worked most of the night first, because they really needed him to. Then he slept for quite a while. I would have done the same thing.

Still, when he didn't come back right away, I walked back over to Fluttershy's Cottage and let his mare know what I thought was going on, and she started crying on my Mare's shoulder. They had already talked about this, I guess.

My Twin and Summer's Twin both loved Equestria, but it was very difficult for them here. Still, Equestria Girls Summer hoped it would be easier after they got married. I think they both hoped that would be soon.

Well, I hugged my Mare again for a little while, then I left so they could enjoy their day together.


This was actually different; I had a bunch of time to myself this afternoon.

I could have spent time working on Canterlot Recorder stuff, but realized that should wait until after everypony was safely back in the Equestria Girls world. And it would help if I had my 'scope' back too.

I just walked to the meadow to the East, ate and drank some, wandered over to the small hill there, and was soon asleep in the warm sunlight.

My Mare and her Twin woke me up, maybe late afternoon. They were both crying.

"Girls, what did I miss..." I asked quietly.

My Mare tried to explain "Stallion, it's my Twin, shes--"

Her Twin, Equestria Girls Summer, didn't wait...

"My Fiancee is in my world now, and I'm glad... I'm such a terrible mare..." she said through her tears.

I sighed, but I knew where this had to go.

I asked my Mare to lay down next to me, and I addressed my words to her Twin, Equestria Girls Summer.

"Summer, it is really ok that he's there. It is night there, and I would guess he's working, weekends are busy for the building he takes care of. I suspect they have really missed him, he does very good work. And I bet he sleeps a lot after he's done working.

"And Summer, your Twin and I have struggled a lot while we were in your world too, and we are both happy to be back here.

"You need to realize that while my Twin and I are in our home worlds, our mare's bodies have a far greater, a HUGE impact on us. He and I talked some this afternoon, and I am not surprised that living here has been tough for you both."

It was quiet for a minute, then she said, still crying..

"But I want him too... It's just not fair..."

"Summer" I said softly. You lived here for over a year. I have too, and I am feeling the same thing.

"But Summer, you are not a bad mare. For now, you both just belong in your world. And for him to be there now, and give you a break; he really loves you...

"Summer and I were delighted to be able to give you a chance to recover here, and it has been amazing for my Mare to be able to share time with your friends. But for now, this is our home, and we are both better off here.

Summer had calmed down by this point, and it was quiet.

Then I added "Summer, there is no other mare for my Twin. And he is trying to protect you both. And that's ok.

"Besides, in a few days, you will be fretting to him about homework in a text message, anyway."

She just laughed.

"And by the way, sending texts back and forth really helped my Mare and I too, while we were there" I said.

But I had to honestly add this.

"Summer, while you are here, enjoy your Twin and all these amazing friends while you can. You will be back home soon enough, then both of us will get our mares back."

Equstria Girls Summer looked a lot better as she got up.

My Mare and I got up too.

I got two hugs, and then they both left, chatting happily together, again.

This was good.

I just sighed...


Dinner for nine sets of Twins was at the Castle, I'm sure it was amazing.

I heard that, after dinner, both Summer's helped Pinkie Pie tell the story about their 'ordeal' in the Equestria Girls world. Well, all the Equestria Girls had read the ten or so chapters we had already written, so they all helped.

It was scary, but there was probably a lot of laughing with Pinkie Pie involved. It had actually worked out that way anyway, thanks to Pinkie.

Then the Equestria Girls shared Filia and Fiona's 'back-story'.

This was followed immediately by the Equestria ponies telling Equestria pony Filia and Fiona's story afterwards.

I wish I had my 'scope'; that would have been absolutely amazing -- for ponies on both sides of the Portal -- to see all these parallel events playing out in both worlds like that.

This recounting also underscored that there were no secrets within this group.

Then I think everypony went to sleep next to their Twin in the Library at a 'normal' hour.

I didn't have much (anything) to do, so I went back to the meadow off in the East, and watched the Moon come up, then went home and fell asleep on the couch as a people. It was a warm night, and I wished I had my jogging clothes...


When I woke up the next morning, Summer was asleep next to me, as a people, with her back up against the back of the couch. This was just very comfortable for both of us, and we slept well like that.

I used to cry most mornings because I was alone. Lately, I cry some mornings, like this one, just because I need this Mare so much. I tried not to wake her though.

I managed to work my arm around her back, and I gently hugged her. She sighed, smiled, then opened her eyes, and we kissed briefly... well maybe a little longer.

Still crying, I said this quietly; it fit the way I felt perfectly...

If I could fly from East to West, in search of loving beauty,
I'd never find another near, the Mare that now comes too me.

I actually put this together in the past, on a day I was trying to teach Cel and Lu (Princess Celestia and Princess Luna) about Poetry.

My Mare knew I meant every word, both then and now, and Summer was soon crying with me.

I was pretty sure I was the luckiest stallion in the universe.

A little while later, we were both up, ponies, and doing some light snacking in the meadow.

Then Summer and I took to the air, and flew. THAT felt so very good to both of us. We had really missed this...

We were soon joined by the rest of the amazing Pegasus mares in Princess Twilight's circle.

And we ALL cried; we had all missed doing this together. For us, this just seemed a part of being 'home'; flying leisurely around in the sky over Ponyville. And even though we were pretty high, Equestria pony Fluttershy was not scared at all, and blended right in with the rest.

Flying together near the Castle, we saw the rest outside on the grass, talking.

Well, Equestria Girls Filia and Fiona had this 'deja vu' look on their face, as they stared up at us. I was pretty sure they were now able to make sense out of the day that they saw Summer flying, as a pony, at Sweet Apple farm in the Equestria Girls world.

But we landed, and quickly melted in with the rest. There was a lot of hugging and crying. It was so clear everypony missed everypony.

Well, once everypony was done hugging, somepony bowed to our amazing Princess Twilight, and we all were quickly bowing. We all loved our Princess.

Princess got us all back up.

Like my Mare had done in the past, she jumped up quickly, and gave Princess Twilight a big hug. I think she started something, and everypony else wanted to hug our Princess too. She deserved it, she is amazing.

After this was done, Princess Twilight explained how today would go.

She reminded us that the Equestria Girls needed to head back through the Portal tonight at around midnight. This would put them back in their world at around noon there, and this would give them all some time to prepare for School and classes starting the next day.

Until then, Princess said we should just do stuff together with our Twin. And she asked that Twins try to do things just with their Twins, and to try to avoid group stuff.

The exception to this would be the Rarity and Fiona Twins. They would spend at least part of the day at Rarity's Boutique immersed in 'Amazing Fashion', Equestria style.

Princess mentioned to the Filia Twins that they should stay near she and her Twin. But Princess still wanted the red-head Twins to spend some time together, and by themselves as much as possible.

Princess also said that everypony needed to be back at the Castle by dinner time, and from that point on, everypony would stay at the Castle until it was time to head back through the Portal.

Princess added finally that, at this point, just the Canterlot Recorder and his Mare were the only ponies going back to the Equestria Girls world with the Equestria Girls.

Princess Twilight simply underscored Princess Celestia's comment that nopony knew what state the Portal's magical reserve was in; she wanted to be careful.


As far as I can tell...

Both Fluttershys spent the day surrounded by 'fluffies' at Fluttershy's cottage. This was both Fluttershys in their 'element'.

The Rarity and Fiona Twins evidently had a fashion project or two in the works, and spent the day together at Rarity's Boutique. They wrapped Sweetie Belle into their plans for a while, too. Especially for the Fiona Twins, this was probably an amazing time. And Sweetie Belle adopted both Fiona Twins as her 'other' big sisters.

The Applejack Twins headed back to Sweet Apple Acres, and just enjoyed time with family, and walking the fields together. They tried to keep the chores they did to a minimum, although both enjoyed chores.

The Rainbow Twins flew together most of the day, and sat in a tree talking the rest of the time.

The Pinkie Pie Twins ate cup-cakes and cheered up Ponyville outside the Cake's Shop. Two Pinkies... Amazing... About those 'bleachers'...

The Twilight Twins led the Filia Twins into the meadow behind the Castle, and told them to spend some time together. The red-heads had to stay where they could see the Castle however, but were otherwise by themselves. They hugged and Soul-linked for most of that time. The Twilight Twins did the same thing.

Both Summers ended up on that little hill in the meadow to the East of our home, and spent most of the time talking or Soul Linked

My Twin wasn't back yet, so I realized that he was staying in the Equestria Girls world. I decided this was probably best, but this also meant that I would not have my 'scope', so I had to wander around some just to check in with all the Twins.

This was fine, I didn't have anything else to do.

But I did a quick survey about the Canterlot Recorder tasks I had. And all this was further tempered by the fact that information for Volume 5 of Princess' Commentaries might start flowing in soon. Well I just didn't know.

I could have dove back into the record of PonyRos' takeover. There was a LOT of work left on that. But it would take a while for me to get my head wrapped back around all those details, and I really should wait on that until I was back for a while, and could stay focused.

Up next would be finishing the account about both Summer's being rescued. Honestly this was a lot further along than PonyRos' takeover, since Pinkie and Fluttershy had helped my Mare and I do a BUNCH of that while we were in Equestria. That text would come back with my 'scope'.

I had a lot of work to do, but couldn't start any of it today...

After making the 'rounds' twice, and finding little change, I realized I probably didn't even need to keep doing that.

Another 'free' (lonely) day, oh well. I took a long nap on the couch.


Both Summers came and woke me up. It was dinner time at the Castle, and I needed to come.

I tried to 'be careful' around my Mare's Twin, and hugged my Summer once, and we were off.

The Sun was low, off in the West, as we headed up the stairs to the Castle.

Everypony was already in the Library, including the Celestia and Luna Twins.

Evidently Principal and Vice-Principal were heading through the Portal after dinner. I was pretty sure they still had a lot to do before tomorrow, which was the first day of classes at Equestria High School.

Principal Celestia walked quickly over, and thanked me again for my work on the computers. However, she sheepishly asked that I spend some time this afternoon (well in Equestria Girls time) to move the computers into the Lab, and make sure everything else there was working properly.

My mare smiled immediately.

"We would be delighted to help you" I said quietly.

I was glad I took a nap.

Before dinner, Princess Twilight had the Raritys give 'Shield Necklaces' to the Filia and Fiona Twins. Well, Princess Twilight lovingly put them on the Filia Twins, and Equestria pony Rarity put the Fiona Twins' necklaces on, crying of course. Making more of them was one of their tasks this afternoon. They also gave two to Equestria Girls Summer for she and her stallion as well. Her other one had gotten lost when she was kidnapped.

Dinner was amazing, of course, and with such amazing friends...

After dinner, we all took turns hugging Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna, and they went together back to Equestria.

I was pretty sure it was early morning there now.

Cel, Lu, Summer and I found a quiet corner, and hugged and cried together for a while. Again, it was too short, and then we walked them out an Air Coach out in the grass, and they were soon gone.

Summer and I cried together a few minutes, then went back inside.


The rest of the evening was quiet, and pretty subdued. Visiting with Twins was amazing, but having to leave is always tough.

I think the Filia and Fiona Twins were having an especially hard time dealing with this; it was their first time. Still, both Twilights and Raritys said a few times that they would be able to get together again in the near future. The eight of them spent most of the evening hugging, anyway.

At one point, I was with my Mare, her Twin and the Fluttershys. Equestria Girls Fluttershy said she was anxious to get back, and see how Shyna was doing. She also mentioned she was looking into some sort of 'legal guardian' status anyway.

One way or another, she would take care of Shyna. And her parents said they would do anything to help, too. Equestria Girls Fluttershy started weeping softly at this point, and we all hugged her for a little while.

My Mare told me later that her sister (Equestria pony Fluttershy) was excited to meet Shyna, especially after all she had heard from her Twin. Still, Fluttershy hoped that there was a Shyna here in Equestria too. This was scary to me, I knew that wasn't always the case...

At around midnight, Princess Twilight started sending ponies through the Portal.

She sent Equestria Girls Summer, Rainbow and Applejack through first, and asked them to help the Filia and FIona twins adjust back to the Equestria Girls world. Pinkie then Rarity went next, then Twilight Sparkle, then Filia and Fiona. Fluttershy went, then my Mare and I went last, and we were all soon back in the Equestria Girls world.


After we were through the Portal, I saw it was around noon according to the clock in the High School lobby.

We all walked quickly to Fluttershy's apartment. Before going inside, we all hugged in a tight circle, and cried a few minutes, out on the grass. I think most in this circle would really liked to have stayed in Equestria, for a longer time, anyway.

Shyna ran up quickly, and cried with us, well with Fluttershy, mostly. I think they had both missed each other a lot.

After a little while, everypony got their stuff, and Twilight texted Filia and Fiona's mom that we were all back.

Everypony soon headed off to 'settle back in', and get ready for classes tomorrow. Twilight and Rarity headed off with Filia and Fiona. Pinkie Pie and Rainbow headed downtown, and Big Mac soon picked up Applejack, and took her home.

My Twin (Equestria pony Shysage) was asleep.

The five of us, two Summers, Fluttershy, Shyna and I hugged again, then my Mare and I headed off to the Computer Lab at the High School.

It took about three hours to get the Computer Lab set up, and we pulled one more bad system out of the Lab, and I replaced it with another I had fixed. Everything seemed to be running well. If any problems surfaced, there were six back-up systems available in the Shop. Still, I suspected that I would probably be 'in and out' of the Equestria Girls world enough now, to help keep things running.

And my Mare stood by just watching me work, smiling the whole time, even though she had no clue what I was doing. She is one special Mare. I told her how beautiful she is a few times.

Principal and Vice Principal were just so overjoyed that I had taken care of this for them. They wanted to pay me, but I just said quietly that a weekend at their guest-house would be nice. They quickly said we were welcome there any time.

I told them again that I was very glad to be able to help out like that.

We hugged both Principal and Vice-Principal sisters, well for a little while, and headed back to Fluttershy's apartment.

Fluttershy, Shyna and Equestria Girls Summer were about to climb into the Mustang for a trip to the beach. I had my Mare grab her jogging clothes while we were there. We stood out front, and hugged them all, cried a little, then my Mare and I headed to my cubical, and the Mustang was off towards the Freeway.

I was pretty sure my Mare wanted to go with them. Before she said a word, I promised her we would take such a trip soon.

We walked slowly, hugging, to my cubical.

My Twin was asleep, so I quietly let myself in, got the car keys and my new jogging clothes, then locked everything back up. He was still asleep. I guessed he probably hadn't slept very much in Equestria.

I got my 'scope' out of the trunk of 'big Blue', stuffed all our jogging clothes inside the cover, and closed it back up. I hid the car keys in the White Mustang behind it.

I carried the 'scope' back to the Portal wall; it was starting to get dark. With the 'scope' in one hand and Summer's hand in the other, we went through together, and were soon back in Equestria.


Back in Equestria, in the Library, we immediately found Princess Twilight and Rarity trying to comfort two very sad red-heads.

I put the 'scope' down in an 'out of the way' place, and Summer suggested we all go for a 'town walk'.

Princess said it was probably early morning, but still this was good, and Filia and Fiona seemed warm to the idea.

We had a nice time walking and talking together.

At one point, Princess Twilight asked Filia and Fiona what some of the highlights of their weekend were. I knew this could be dangerous, but then I realized this was a round-about way to help Filia and Fiona be grateful for what they were able to do.

The sisters were very animated as they told us. We all cried, but laughed together too. And hearing a lot of things from Equestria's perspective was again, amazing. We had watched everything from the other side of the Portal.

At one point, Summer asked that she and Princess and Rarity be able to talk alone.

I volunteered to take the sisters on ahead, as they talked together for a little while.

Filia and Fiona just kept talking. We walked past our house to the meadow to the East. We walked part of the way into the meadow, and sat down together. We were watching the Sun come up.

They chatted some more about their weekend; they really did have an amazing time. Both were sure that their Twins were the most amazing ponies in Equestria.

As the first rays of dawn crept over the tree-line, Princess Twilight, Rarity and my Mare joined us, and we watched the Sun rise on our town together. It was very nice.

As we all felt the heat of the morning Sun, Princess 'put her foot down', and said that Filia and Fiona needed to at least take a nap. Without explaining why, she mentioned that tonight might be another late night.

We walked through town, dropped Rarity off at her Boutique after hugging her together, then we headed to the Castle.

At the Castle steps, Summer and I both hugged our Princess and Filia and Fiona.

They went inside, and we headed home.

Summer explained to me that she had tried to communicate to Princess Twilight the struggle that the Equestria Girls have to face every day, wanting so desperately to come back to Equestria to stay.

Summer suggested that the Equestria ponies take the initiative, and bring Equestria to them for the first afternoon of the day school started (tomorrow), just to help them feel a little closer.

Princess loved the idea, and clearly understood the need. Such a visit would just mean basically staying up all night, well tonight. But we clearly all loved them, and so would make this happen.

Princess mentioned she would let Princess Celestia know what was going on, just to see if she had any input. Well, she would do this when Spike was awake.

Princess Twilight, Filia and Fiona headed into the Castle.

Summer and I changed to people, and walked slowly, hugging, to the Canterlot Recorder's house.

"It is so nice to be home again, Stallion..." Summer said quietly.

"Long nap together on the couch?" I asked with a smile.

"Stallion, I just need to be near you... That sounds amazing" she said quietly.

Maybe half an hour later, we were both sound asleep together.