• Published 15th Aug 2014
  • 525 Views, 0 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 7 -- monsters in the Grass - shysage



Summer Rain had endured some very nasty 'monsters' in the 'Equestria Girls' world. Everypony hoped such a thing would never happen again...

  • ...
20
 0
 525

Chapter 19, Awesomeness Times Two, Part 2

Twelve sets of Twins; we were all still standing in a circle, as 'people', holding hands, weeping softly...

Before anypony moved, Equestria Girls Rainbow Dash spoke up quickly.

"Princess..." she said, still crying with everypony else.

"Summer promised me time flying... Can my Twin and I do a magical, Double Reverse Sonic Rainboom again? Please? Pretty-please?"

Princess Twilight didn't think very long...

"Of coure, Rainbow... It's pretty early still, but I think everypony will understand."

Princess paused a minute here, then continued.

"And if not, I'm sure the Canterlot Recorder can write all this up, and let them know" Princess said, then she laughed.

Well, I did wish I had a video camera...

Both Rainbows were grinning 'ear-to-ear' now; this was an amazing opportunity for them...

This really WAS Rainbow in all HER glory! (Well, both of them.)

Still, Summer was next to me, and I heard her just sigh quietly. She did not like showing off, not any more, and she needed to be a Phantom Alicorn for this to work. But she had promied this to an amazing friend, so it would happen.

Summer briefly described her Phantom Alicorn form for the benefit of the Filia and Fiona Twins. My Twin had not seen this yet either.

And Summer stressed that EVERYPONY needed to stay holding hands until the Rainbow Twins both landed again.

"Rainbow, try and do the Rainboom pretty high if you can. It will be pretty loud here otherwise" Summer asked.

The Rainbows slowly pulled themselves to the center of the circle, then carefully broke from it, after Summer and her Twin each were touching one of them. Physical contact was required for the magical trail to work. The open ends of the circle were quickly closed again.

As Summer prepared everypony, she spun up her Cutie Mark, and her wings and Alicorn horn appeared. And the very low rumble was clearly audible. Most in this circle had already seen and felt this before, but most gasped again...

And every time I watch Summer make this transformation, it still seems like an eerie dream...

The Rainbow Twins took off quickly, and, working together, began a rapid, long ascent. After they were quite high, they began a slow arc to one side...

Since they were people, they could fly a lot faster, and this really helps.

The magical 'tail' left behind them blazed with the contribution of the Unicorns and Alicorns in the group plus the two Rainbows. Well, there was a lot of Pink, Blue and Orange in there too (Fluttershy, Pinkie and Applejack's colors).

It looked like a constantly changing magical vortex containing every imaginable visible color. It defied description beyond that. It was amazingly beautiful... It was also very bright.

And as had happened before, the 'tail' that followed the Rainbows did not dissipate; it stayed there, brightly blazing, growing across their entire flight path as they flew...

Well, Ponyville was starting their day, and ponies just stopped wherever they were, and watched. I am sure that a lot of jaws dropped at this.

"Summer I think this is going to be loud..." I said softly.

It took maybe five minutes for them to get 'into position'...

Arc far to the side... Split off and one fly up and the other fly down... Turn in at exactly the same time, and blast quickly towards the Apex... Push strongly off each other right at the Apex... Speed quickly away at a right angle...

The 'Boom' was LOUD, almost deafening...

It generated a wave-front also splashed with every conceivable color that launched quickly outwards, radially.

And the presence of the magic seemed to vastly accelerate the speed of the wavefront... It wasn't consuming a thick magical cloud, so the wavefront itself made no sound as it sped quickly to the outer reaches of Equestria, but still...

It really was amazing...


Well both Rainbows are amazing too...

And I knew for a fact, that it simply didn't matter what was going on in Cloudsdale... What the Wonderbolts were doing or what awesome 'signature moves' they were practicing... or anyone else for that matter...

The wave-front was high, but probably raced over Cloudsdale maybe only 100 feet above the avenues...

And as they heard the deafening BOOM, and watched this amazing 'rainbow' wave-front streak quickly by, not very far overhead...

I'm sure they ALL stopped what they were doing IMMEDIATELY, and just stood there, in wonder and amazement, at what a Pegasus named Rainbow Dash could do...

Well, they probably didn't know there were two of them...

Awesomeness times two!