• Published 15th Aug 2014
  • 525 Views, 0 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 7 -- monsters in the Grass - shysage



Summer Rain had endured some very nasty 'monsters' in the 'Equestria Girls' world. Everypony hoped such a thing would never happen again...

  • ...
20
 0
 525

Chapter 16, Shrinking the Chasm

Today was Friday, we would see our Equestria 'friends' today. That was surely an understatement, and everyone was SOOOO excited about this.

All us girls spent the night in Pinkie's room above the Cake's; it was just so nice being together like that. We were all in sleeping bags. Maybe we were too excited though; I don't know if any of us slept very well. And we woke up pretty early too.

It didn't matter. Being with our Princess Twilight and our Twins (and sisters for a few of us) would fix all that.

Before any of us got up, I explained that Fluttershy and I had been walking to my Stallion's cubical so I could be there when he woke up, since I was staying at Fluttershy's. (Well, I usually woke him up when I got there.)

I was going to ask permission for Fluttershy and I to leave and do that this morning.

Instead, Twilight quickly said "Hey, let's all do that!"

Fluttershy quickly added "Then we can all eat Granola together at my apartment."

This would be amazing fun...

Still, there were seven of us, and it took maybe thirty minutes for us to all get dressed and ready. And Pinkie only had two hair brushes!

As we headed downstair, Twilight reminded us to all try to be quiet. It was still maybe only eight in the morning.

Walking all together like that was... I just didn't know who to walk with. I wanted to walk with each of these amazing friends...

It didn't take too long to get to my Stallion's cubical, and we all enjoyed every minute together, as quietly as we could.

And the girls told me on the way, that as soon as I was inside his cubical, they were heading back to Fluttershy's. This made me cry.

Well, I let myself in, and they left immediately, and it got very quiet.

I carefully climbed up on his bed like I did the other night, and gently lay next to him, and just hugged him gently as he slept. After what he told me about the endless nights he cried in this bed...

He sighed right away, and he didn't stay asleep very long, and was soon hugging me back. We kissed for a little while, until we both realized we should probably stop. A trip to the lake would no doubt happen soon enough.

For a few minutes, we just lay next to each other and enjoyed being together. It was so quiet. And I love him so much...

(opt:btm7a)

Anyway, after hugging a little while, we went outside, and sat on the step next to the front door of his cubical. We tried to relax and and just enjoy the morning together. My Stallion hugged me, and we sat in silence together. Well, the city is never totally quiet.

We had lost track of the time, so my Stallion checked his cell, and realized it was nine already.

He texted Fluttershy to find out where they were.

Fluttershy said they were already at the bleachers. Rainbow had to start practice at nine, so they all went. Fluttershy said we could help ourselves to Granola if we wanted.

My Stallion and I agreed that we could easily pass on breakfast this morning.

We locked the cubical door, and walked quickly to the bleachers at the School.


Like I said, we were all so excited. We all missed our Twins... And Fluttershy and I missed our sisters, too.

Our plan was to go through the Portal after Soccer Practice was done, so at around noon. This was really the earliest we could go. We all had 'Equestria in our Hearts', and we were eager to be 'home'... Still, that was three hours from now... We could hardly wait...

At around ten, Pinkie said "I'm going to go check for 'Air Mail', I'll be right back." She was referring to some sort of message from Equestria. She walked off across the grass towards the Portal wall at the front of the School.

We all kept talking.

Less than a minute later, Pinkie RAN quickly back over to the group.

"Shysage, Shysage, Shysage!" she yelled, out of breath. "I just 'Pinkie Sensed' with my Twin!!!"

Pinkie Pie was clearly Ecstatic...

"No..." my Stallion said...

He was deeply in thought a minute.

"Wait..." he said.

Then he thought some more.

"Pinkie, what did you see?" he asked.

Pinkie thought briefly, laughed, then said "Cup-cakes, I think. I think it was her room."

My Stallion was quiet for a minute...

Then he started crying...

Well, Fluttershy started weeping softly too, I guess she just sensed what was going on.

Anyway, my Stallion couldn't talk for a minute or two. And for a stallion to cry, epecially here...

The rest of us just stared at him...

Still crying, he tried to explain...

"Pinkie, that wasn't 'Pinkie Sense', it was the 'Twin Link'...

"I think Princess Twilight moved the Portal to her Castle...

"So now, all of your Twins in Ponyville are probably in 'Twin Link' range when you are close to the Portal wall...

"And when we go through the Portal, we will be in Ponyville RIGHT AWAY...

"The chasm between this world and Equestria just got a LOT SMALLER..."

As the implications sank in, I was quickly crying with him... The pain we both felt, we ALL felt, being so torn between Equestria and this world, and the AMAZING friends on both sides of the Portal...

This Simple Move would dramatically ease this pain... I could Twin Link near the Portal Wall, and we could all go through the Portal and be in Ponyville, near our Twins RIGHT AWAY...

This was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!

We were all quickly crying together...

Still crying a little, my Stallion mentioned quietly "I don't think anypony should go over there yet... It would be very difficult to NOT go through, the minute you sensed your Twin..."

We ALL knew he was right...


Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna walked up soon after. We all supposed they were coming through with us. But both looked very concerned, and asked why we were all crying.

Pinkie YELLED...

"The Portal is in Ponyville now, and we can sense our Twins from here if they are in 'Twin Link' range... This is AMAZING!!!"

Out in the middle of the Soccer field, Rainbow heard this, passed up her shot, and ran quickly over. "WHAT?!?" she shouted...

Pinkie apologized for yelling, then explained quickly.

"Shysage is pretty sure the Portal is in Ponyville now.

"This means that when we go through the Portal, we will be in Ponyville, near our Twins, right away.

"And the Twin Link is active from here, if our Twins are close.

"This is AMAZING!"

Principal and Vice-Principal smiled. This would not help them, but my Stallion said later that he thought they both knew about this simple move ahead of time. It didn't matter.

"Rainbow, go finish practice, then we will test the theory out together" my Stallion said with a smile, and Rainbow ran back to her team.

Still, this just made us even more excited...


Noon couldn't come soon enough, we wanted to go...

For the last maybe half an hour, we just sat there in silence. Nothing needed to be said. We were all trying to wait patiently. A few of us were already weeping softly.

I sat between Fluttershy and my Stallion, hugging both of them, most of that time. Fluttershy and I were both crying a little.

Finally, Rainbow called the team together, they all talked briefly, then she dismissed them. Then she walked over to the rest of us.

She sat down in front of me and I hugged her tight from behind for a little while. Rainbow was quiet with the rest of us a few minutes, then she too started weeping softly. "I want to go flying with my Twin" she said quietly.

Rainbow waited until her team had dispersed, then said "Can we just go, please?"

We all felt that way. It was time.

We all got up, and headed to Fluttershy's apartment to leave our stuff. Then we hugged and cried together a few minutes in the grass out front. Fluttershy locked everything up, and we walked to the Portal wall at the front of the School.

The Twin Link went active for most of us as soon as we were near, and we were all quickly weeping softly. We loved our Twins...

...

Equestria Girls Twilight Sparkle said right away "Oh my gosh..." Then she bolted off towards Fluttershy's apartment. "Fluttershy, I need my cell..." she shouted from a good distance away.

Fluttershy took off after her, weeping herself, and they were both quickly inside the apartment.

My Stallion sent Principal Celestia, then Vice-Principal Luna through first, maybe a minute apart. Well, we both hugged each one tightly before they went through. These sisters really were family now.

The rest of the Equestria Girls went through, weeping, and were no doubt quickly hugging their Twins.

After everyone else was through, my Stallion and I walked quickly over to Fluttershy's apartment. I was still crying, I wanted my Twin too.

I knew that my Stallion already realized what was going on.

Outside of Twin Link range... "Stallion?" I said quietly.

"Filia and Fiona" he answered quietly.

I gasped...

He was right, and their mom dropped them both off, maybe five minutes later.

Twilight walked quickly out, and explained to their mom that we would all take very good care of them, and that our 'field trip' this weekend would be amazing for the girls. Boy was that an understatement too...

After their mom drove off, Twilight brought the girls into Fluttershy's apartment, and asked the girls to leave all their electronics and other stuff on the couch. The girls noted the couch already piled with a bunch more, and simply added their 'stuff' to the pile.

Fluttershy locked the door, and we all walked quickly back to the Portal wall.

Twilight Sparkle didn't even turn around at the Portal wall.

Standing, facing the wall, she said simply "Girls, follow me please. The rest of your amazing friends are already through." Then Twilight walked through the Portal and was gone.

Both girls were incredulous, of course. "What is this..." Filia asked quietly.

I hugged both girls and answered softly.

"Filia, Fiona, this is a bridge to another place. I am actually from there, and my sister is waiting for me, as is Fluttershy's sister."

I stopped there, and took a breath, I was choking back tears. Then I continued.

"In your wildest dreams, you could never anticipate what lies ahead..."

Through the Twin Link, I knew my Twin heard this, and she gasped quietly as I said their names, and began to cry, but said nothing.

After a brief pause, Fluttershy spoke up quietly.

"Girls, maybe eight months ago, your friend Twilight Sparkle was standing in front of this Portal for the first time, just like you are now. She asked me what lies beyond this portal. I told her that her destiny was beyond it. You can ask her if I told the truth. She is waiting for you there."

I was pretty sure my sister did the same thing as my Twin, when she heard her Twin, Equestria Girls Fluttershy say this...

And these two twin sisters, Filia and Fiona, had heard enough from trusted friends. Filia went through, then a minute later Fiona went through, and these sisters were soon in Equestria.

...

Fluttershy and I were already crying a lot; our Twins were too.

The three of us hugged tightly, then Fluttershy went through.

Maybe a minute later, my Stallion and I joined hands, hugged tightly, then we walked through the Portal together.

We were both (thankfully) soon in Equestria with all our amazing friends...

It turned into a day we would never forget...