• Published 15th Aug 2014
  • 525 Views, 0 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 7 -- monsters in the Grass - shysage



Summer Rain had endured some very nasty 'monsters' in the 'Equestria Girls' world. Everypony hoped such a thing would never happen again...

  • ...
20
 0
 525

Chapter 4, Making Plans

Well, my Mare was quickly sobbing too. She deeply loves her Twin... And her Twin, Equestria Girl Summer Rain, was kidnapped, or something. She was gone...

Thankfully, within two minutes, Fluttershy ran quickly up, and hugged her sister (my Mare) while she cried. I really wanted to do that, but I was busy hugging my Twin, and we were both crying. I could only guess how he felt. Well, through the Twin Link, I basically knew.

In two more minutes, Pinkie Pie had brought Princess Twilight.

"Twin, we have things that need to get done" I said to my Twin, Equestria pony Shysage. We both quickly choked off our tears at this point, and stopped hugging.

"Everypony, Summer's Twin has been abducted in the Equestria Girls world" I said, trying not to cry. "Or something" I added slowly.

I tried to think a minute, then said "I need to get my 'scope' to the Portal, and some of us will need to go try and find her."

Princess Twilight thought a minute herself, then said "Who do you think you should take with you?"

"Well, my Twin and I, and Summer" I said slowly. Then I added "And I think both Summer and Fluttershy's Twin will need Fluttershy."

Fluttershy started crying at this point; she hadn't even thought about her Twin...

Princess Twilight thought a minute more, then said "Ok. I'll send for two Air Coaches, and let Princess Celestia know."

As she and Pinkie Pie started off, I said quickly "Pinkie, thank you, you are amazing. I think we will need your Twin a lot in the next few days."

Pinkie said quietly "I wish I could come help."

"I know, Pinkie, and thank you. But I doubt this will be fun at all." I replied quietly. "And it will probably be very dangerous."


Maybe three hours later, the four of us were standing in front of the Portal wall in the Equestria Girl world. It looked like mid-morning here.

Summer was doing better. But once Fluttershy came through the Portal, and sensed her Twin's anguish, Fluttershy immediately burst into tears herself, and Fluttershy's Twin ran quickly up, and the two Fluttershys just hugged and cried together. Equestria Girls Fluttershy was almost beside herself. Her sister was gone...

I sent my Twin to my 'cubical' with the 'scope' thing, and told him to carefully put it in the back seat of the car. I also asked him to find a rag and get as much of the dirt off my big car as possible.

I suspected we would need my car; I hoped it started. And I also knew my Twin needed to be doing 'something' anyway.

Summer and I worked on getting both Fluttershys to the apartment.

Once we all got there, I asked Equestria Girls Fluttershy to text Twilight Sparkle to come when she could. Fluttershy got that done, then was quickly crying again. I couldn't blame her...

In the Air Coach, on the way to the Crystal Palace, my Twin explained that he and Equestria Girls Summer were together at the Cakes having dinner last night when she disappeared. She got up to use the restroom, and never came back. I had a hunch that it was the same two monsters, but I needed to make sure.

I hugged Summer, and said "Summer, please stay here, and please don't go anywhere. Just stay here with the Fluttershys, I should be back in an hour or so.

I headed over to the Cakes, they had just opened, and so they weren't very busy.

I explained what had happened, and Mr. Cake took me to the office, stopped all the security cameras, and dumped the whole week's worth of video streams, up to this morning, onto a USB Drive.

Then he also added a HUGE file that included the last 52 weeks worth of security videos from multiple cameras, double compressed... He mentioned that the two programs to extract the archived video streams were also on the USB Drive, but that it took maybe an hour just to extract a week's worth of videos. Then each day would need to be extracted out of that...

Mr. Cake had to run back to the order desk. They got busy all of a sudden. I thanked him; this was the only information we had, after all.

I walked out the front door, then walked slowly around to the back door... ...And I was soon picking up Equestria Girls Summer's 'Shield Necklace'...

"Not again" I said to myself, then I sighed. "The same nightmare... twice..."

I walked quickly back to Fluttershy's apartment.

Not just Twilight Sparkle, but the rest of the Equestria Girls were there, comforting their friends, and all crying together. This was good, they all needed each other.

Friendship really needed to be magic right now... And it was...


Still, I asked Pinkie if she could go get her Compy, and Applejack quickly volunteered to go with her.

After they returned with the Compy, Pinkie sat on the couch, opened her Compy on the Coffee Table, and started it up.

I handed her the USB drive, and she poked it into an empty slot.

I took my time, and carefully explained the files that were on the USB drive. I indicated that I needed to find the video from maybe eight months ago from when Equestria pony Summer was abducted. We really didn't have time to wait on a bunch of one hour extraction runs, then individual day extractions...

I mentioned that I was hoping she could use her 'Pinkie Sense' to tell me which week's file to run the one hour extraction on, then which of the video stream sets from that week held the view of the men that had taken Summer eight months ago.

Pinkie stared off into the distance maybe a minute, then said quietly "Shysage, what do you want to know?"

"I need to know if Equestria Girls Summer was abducted by the same two guys that took my Summer..." I said quietly.

Pinkie reached down, pulled the USB Drive out, held it a minute while staring off into the distance, then put it down on the Coffee Table.

"Yes... Same two guys... And if you get me close, I can take you there..." Pinkie said softly, then she smiled.

I was next going to have Pinkie wade through a literal 'sea' of geo-location coordinates, that my 'scope' constantly archives, to find the actual location of the little house the 'monsters' live in... I could get us to the general area, but that was it, unless the huge list of geo-location coordinates from my 'scope' could be quickly analyzed...

This amazing lady could do ALL of this for us. 'Pinkie Sense' would save the day repeatedly from here on out.

I thought for a minute, then asked quietly "Pinkie, this trip could be very dangerous, but I think we will need your amazing talents. Can you come with us?"

Her answer didn't take long "Yes... I want to help my friend."

Pinkie got out her cell, and texted Mr. Cake.

I just sighed...

"Ok, so my Twin and I will take Pinky and try to find Summer's Twin. The rest of you stay here, and stay together. How does that sound?" I asked.

Princess... er Twilight Sparkle spoke up quickly "Ok, Shysage, we will try to take care of things here. Good luck."

I walked up to my Mare, but tried to be careful. "Summer, I need you to stay here, but I also need you to stay safe..." I tried to say this calmly, but this world scared me too.

"Ok, Stallion, but I want you back. And I think we both need true friend's help. Be careful..." she said quietly.

I knew she was right about needing true friend. We (just) hugged, then Pinkie and I headed out the door, and headed off to my 'cubical'.

It wasn't far...

Right when we arrived, my Twin had just finished cleaning my car. He did a very good job; it looked a lot better, but the rust spots were easy to see now too.

I went into my 'cubical', retrieved the car keys, and tried starting 'big Blue'. It complained a little, then started right up. I checked the gas guage; At least I had left the tank full after bringing Summer home maybe eight months ago...

Leaving the car running, I went back into my 'cubical', and grabbed some carefully hidden cash, along with wallet, license, etc...

Then, I locked the cubical door, went out to the car, and checked on my 'scope' thing to make sure it was off for now, and was fairly stable.

We were as ready as we could be. I quietly asked true friend for help. We would need it...