• Published 15th Aug 2014
  • 525 Views, 0 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 7 -- monsters in the Grass - shysage



Summer Rain had endured some very nasty 'monsters' in the 'Equestria Girls' world. Everypony hoped such a thing would never happen again...

  • ...
20
 0
 525

Chapter 2, Checking In

Hi, its me, Summer Rain again, I hope that's ok.

It has been a little over a week since we had left the Equestria Girls world the last time.

My Stallion and I got up a little late this morning. Well, we were at the lake for a while last night, and the moon... It was so beautiful and peaceful... I love my Stallion... He takes such good care of me...

After we got up this morning, we headed to the meadow to eat and drink, then started our day in the air as we normally do. Maybe we are finding out what 'normal' is for us...

Fluttershy, Rainbow and Princess Twilight joined us a little while after we started flying. Just being together like that was so nice...

Rare, Applejack and Pinkie were talking outside the Castle. We landed, and we all hugged, then spent some time just talking together. I could not think of a better way to start our day. Such amazing friends...

As most of the girls headed off to their busy schedules, Princess Twilight mentioned "Summer, I do have an errand you can run for me today, if you want to, that is." Princess smiled after she said this, so I decided it must be a fun errand.

It was.

"Summer, can you and Shysage head to the Equestria Girls, and just check in? Just find out how everypony is doing, and come back and let me know" she asked. "Well, tell them I miss them too..."

"Princess, that is an amazing privilege... We would be delighted to do that for you" I answered, almost without thinking.

My Stallion (the Canterlot Recorder) mentioned he would probably try to work out a detailed interview with Shining Armor after returning to the Crystal Palace, and so this trip would work out well.

I looked at Fluttershy, and read her mind.

"Princess, can my sister come too?" I asked cautiously.

"Aww, now I want to come... But I can't... Of course Fluttershy can join you both as long as she stays with you and Shysage too." Princess said this with more than a hint of disappointment.

"Let me call for an Air Coach, though" Princess Twilight added.

Two and a half hours later, my Stallion, my sister and I headed into the main entrance to the Crystal Palace. Shining Armor was there, and so my Stallion arranged for some time to sit down with him for an interview after we came back. We left the paper, quill, clip thing and ink there for our return.

We headed up to the Portal, and were soon in the Equestria Girls world.


It seemed like mid-morning, so we headed out to the Soccer field, so we could say a quick 'hi' to Equestria Girls Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow quickly stopped what she was doing, and ran over.

"Awww, you didn't bring everypony else..." Rainbow said. She was clearly disappointed.

As we all gave her a hug, I said "No, sorry, Rainbow, we are just checking up on everypony."

Rainbow thought a minute. "Summer, come play me, one on one, to five again... Please? ...Pretty-please?"

"Seriously, Rainbow? In Jeans?" I asked. Still, I had a big smile, and that gave my answer away.

I gave my sweatshirt to my Stallion as Rainbow cleared the field. She told the team it was a 'grudge match', whatever that means.

Rainbow then took a stretchy thing and put my long blond hair up in a 'pony tail', and I had to laugh at that.

Anyway, our game was a blast. Rainbow still beat me by one, but it was amazing fun. I was sweating like mad when we were done, but I hugged such an amazing friend, and thanked her for the opportunity.

I like Soccer a lot. It's one of the really fun things I can do here. My Stallion smiled, and challenged me to a game sometime, just not now. I laughed, but I think he was serious.

During the game, I noticed that the rest of the Equestria Girls were sitting in the bleachers, watching the game. I couldn't tell who they were cheering for, but it didn't matter.

My sister had found her Twin in the bleachers, and Shysage was sitting next to them, also cheering. I hope at least he was cheering for me...

After the game was over, and Rainbow got Soccer practice going again, I joined the rest of the Equestria Girls in the bleachers. Still a little out of breath, I worked my way around the group hugging everyone. There were tears in my eyes by the time I was done. I really love the Equestria Girls. And I told them their Princess loved them all too.

I mentioned that Princess Twilight asked us to 'check in' with everypony here, and tell them she missed them all.

For the next few hours, we talked together...

Well, these precious friends spent most of that time talking with what seemed like an endless stream of girlfriends from the High School. They kept wandering over, just to spend time, and often find help and comfort, with such amazing friends. There was laughter. There were tears too. It really was amazing. And I really missed this...

Equestria Girls Dawn Flower (I don't know her last name here) also stopped by with her adorable daughter, Camille. I just cried... I don't think she knows about her Twin in Equestria. Still, I held her kiddo (a bunch of us did), and I hugged Dawn tightly before she left.

And a few other girls came up to me, and knew that I was the one that was 'Summer' maybe eight months ago, and they remembered me! I cried at that.

Well, I was sitting right next to my Twin, and all the girls knew both of us... I think I hugged my Twin a few times too, she really is amazing. And the way her life had changed from, maybe two years ago, was really amazing too... ...But I just sighed at this point, I had changed a lot myself...

Still, after all the time, the only notable thing anyone had to report was that School would start in less than a month...

At around two in the afternoon, everyone had to leave to get the rest of their days going.

We hugged everypony, and they were on their way, two or three together. I couldn't help but weep softly, I really felt that way...


With my Stallion sitting on the bench behind me, my sister and I crowded around my Twin and her sister. We were all anxious to hear how she and 'her stallion' (my Stallion's Twin, Equestria pony Shysage) were doing.

The first thing she mentioned was that they were taking everything very slow. She still could not get over how amazing he was, and handsome as a 'people' too.

Equestria Girls Summer and Fluttershy's parents quickly fell in love with him, and that was very important to this close-knit family.

And he had already found a job doing night-time cleaning at the church that their parents used to work for. It seemed they just scooped him up as well. They are good people, and the family still has good friends there. This arrangement seemed to work well for everyone.

My Twin got quiet a minute, then sheepishly admitted that 'her stallion' was actually living at my Stallion's 'cubical' near the School.

My Stallion just laughed, and said he wouldn't wish that on anypony, but it was fine.

Her stallion worked nights, and they generally spent some time together in the afternoon, seldom for a long time. Well, he was working some event at the church this afternoon.

This whole thing was actually working out very well. My Twin was still living with Fluttershy, and Fluttershy was welcome to tag along with them when they visited (which she usually did), or she could hang out with Pinkie Pie.

And when School started, this arrangement would continue to be very good.

And even so, her stallion fully understood the importance of existing friendships, and did his best to stay in the background for that. And their schedule left most of the day for my Twin to hang out at the School with the rest of the girls during Soccer practice and beyond.

Well, she would be busy with school soon, too...

Equestria Girls Summer mentioned she and her stallion were in no hurry as far as their relationship went. There was plenty of time. Both were just so completely overwhelmed at what they had together, and just being in the same room 'was heaven' for them.

Well, when she said that, my Stallion, still sitting behind me, put his hand on my shoulder... He still felt the same way. I love my Stallion...

My Twin did say that they texted back and forth quite a bit. This really helped too. They both had a lot to learn...

But Equestria Girls Summer teared up at this point, and said "Equestria has given me so much... Equestria 'rescued' me as a broken, selfish pony, and helped me change... And now my stallion... How could I not have Equestria in my heart..."

We all just cried together with her for a little while...

Once everyone calmed down, my Stallion asked that we walk together to his 'cubical' for a few minutes. I guessed (correctly) that he wanted to shave. He knows I appreciate that.

Us four girls talked together the whole time. I don't know... It just feels like I have three amazing sisters now. I love them all, a lot.

My Stallion's 'cubical' is very small, and so us girls stood together right outside the door as he shaved.

In the middle of shaving, my Stallion said "Incoming", and his Twin walked up soon after. My Stallion's Twin hugged my Twin, then chatted briefly with us ladies until my Stallion was done shaving.

Both Shysages then hugged (they are Twins after all), and my Twin's stallion hugged my Twin once more, then said "Work in a few hours, I need some sleep..." He went inside.

We walked back to Fluttershy's apartment, again chatting together the whole time. My Twin was telling me about some of the amazing new friends she had made at the High School, and school hadn't even started yet! I hope I don't get tested on that...

For maybe an hour, I Soul-Linked with my Twin, and the Fluttershy Twins 'Soul-Linked' together too. The peace involved, is just impossible to explain... I would have come just for this...

My Stallion waited patiently on the couch. He didn't mind at all. He was probably thinking about the next chapter of PonyRos' takeover...

The five of us then had a bowl of Granola as we sat on the cot or couch, and just talked together.

Everypony knew we needed to leave soon...

Dusk found us all at the Portal wall in front of the High School, hugging.

Our visit was amazing, but leaving ponies I love so much is always hard. Us four girls had tears in our eyes as my Stallion, my sister and I went back to Equestria.


After coming through the Portal, we looked out past the balcony in the Portal room of the Crystal Palace, and realized it was morning in Equestria. It would be a long day for us.

The three of us walked down towards the entrance to the Crystal Palace, and found both Shining Armor and Princess Cadance on the way down.

My Stallion and Shining Armor disappeared into a smaller room for what would prove to be a fairly long interview. The Canterlot Recorder explained that Shining Armor had played a crucial and substantial role during the entire takeover. There was a lot to record...

Princess Cadance led us to one of the meadows around the Crystal Palace, and we just wandered around for what seemed like hours.

After maybe an hour, Princess Cadance needed to head off to attend to some things, and so my sister and I sat down and just talked. Nothing was pressing, we just enjoyed the time together.

We talked a lot about how her Twin was doing; I love Fluttershy's Twin almost as much as... And for a while, I was the only 'sister' she had... Well, they are both Twins... both the same... It is just really hard... I love both Fluttershys a lot...

My sister Fluttershy gave me some 'behind the scenes' insight about how things were going for our Twins. Feeling what most can't even see -- that's Fluttershy's amazing gift.

She mentioned that my Stallion's Twin's presence among the Equestria Girls was very positive. And 'taking things slow' made everything else a lot easier. Nopony felt uncomfortable or awkward at all.

Fluttershy's Twin mentioned that they occasionally hugged, but that was it, and she never felt uncomfortable around the two of them. Equestria pony Shysage always acted like the perfect gentleman around the girls, and treated them all like friends. He was quiet and unassuming, and enjoyed melting into the background, while keeping an eye out for them.

I felt a little guilty at this point, and told my sister that my Stallion and I probably should have taken things a little slower maybe...

Fluttershy stopped me right away, and explained that nopony planned for what we had all been through in Equestria. Then she hugged me. I love my sister...

Well, we both fell asleep on our bellies next to each other. It had been a LONG time since we could do that. It was a warm day, and the Sun felt amazing, and we hadn't had any sleep since...


We awoke to Princess Twilight saying softly "Wake up, sleepy heads." I'm pretty sure she said this more than once.

Sis and I both yawned at the same time, realized that, then laughed together.

Princess Twilight was laying on her belly in the grass, facing us. "Well, what do you both have to report?" she asked with a smile.

Fluttershy quickly, but quietly filled our Princess in on what was going on with the Equestria Girls. She did a much better job than I could, and she 'sees' so much more. And this included how my Twin and her new stallion from Equestria were doing there.

Fluttershy told Princess about my game with Rainbow too, and Princess just laughed.

"I miss them all, already..." I said quietly. I don't think this is what my Princess was after, but I felt that way.

Princess got up at this point, and Sis and I did too.

"Princess, I really should bow..." I said quietly.

She just said 'Oh, Summer..." and we just hugged tightly.

"Fluttershy, you and I need to head back to Ponyville, us girls are all meeting together tonight in the Council Room in the Castle. There is an Air Coach waiting." Princess said calmly. "And Summer, nothing is going on, I want the rest of the girls and I to start meeting there, together, occasionally."

We walked back to the Crystal Palace, I hugged my Sister, and my Princess, and they were off.

Two of the most important mares in my life... Seeing them leave was hard...


And by the way, Fluttershy later filled me in on their meeting in the Council Room in the Castle; it wasn't extremely long.

Like she did with us the day we faced PonyRos, Princess Twilight led the girls down the stairs, then just inside the big doors, and she had them wait there

Then she walked over and climbed up into her chair, sat down, and the whole room came alive, a 'sector', a 'pony' at a time, just like it did for us. Everypony gasped, they hadn't been there for this part.

That room is amazingly beautiful when it is 'active'...

After all of everyponies' 'sectors' were lit up, Princess had everypony climb up into their chairs as she had.

Then Princess said right away "I know you all miss your Twin... I miss mine too..." Then they all cried softly together for a few minutes. Everyponies' Twins were right next to them, when they last sat in these chairs...

Princess explained that, in the face of a clear threat to Equestria, all she had to do was sit in her chair, and the rest of 'her girls', the five other amazing ponies in this circle, would immediately be pulled into this room, from wherever in Equestria they were.

Most likely, their 'Elements of Harmony' would be called forth as well.

Still, since this could happen at any time, Princess reminded the girls to work hard maintaining their devotion to everypony else in this circle.

After her comments were done, they all group-linked together for a while.

Being there together with their Princess... ...in that beautiful room...

I'm sure it was an amazing time...


Anyway, after Princess Twilight and Fluttershy left in the Air Coach, I walked into the entrance to the Crystal Palace, sat down, and just waited.

Princess Cadance joined me after maybe five minutes, and we talked briefly. I still feel a little awkward around her -- she is a real Princess, and very beautiful. Well, Shining Armor is amazing too.

I just sighed again, right then... So many ponies that I love, on both sides of the Portal...

Shining Armor and my Stallion came out at that point, and I smiled at my Stallion. He thanked Shining Armor for his help, and also for the amazing help he had been with his Mare.

He meant me, I think, and I was not sure what he was talking about, but I supposed I would find out.

Princess Cadance and I hugged, and my Stallion and I headed out to another Air Coach waiting near the Crystal Palace.

An hour and a half later, we were back in Ponyville.

It was still maybe an hour or two before dusk. We headed to our home, and my Stallion left his stuffed shoulder sack there. Then we wandered to the meadow, ate some, and drank some water, then we just flew around Ponyville until the Sun was low.

Then we landed in the grass at 'my tree' near the Castle, and watched the Sun go down. My Stallion was hugging me close, and we just enjoyed being together.

After it got dark, we just sat there, enjoying some peace together.

Before long, I was deep in thought.

I don't know how, but my Stallion knew what I was thinking about.

"Summer, I don't know that we could have 'slowed things down'..." he said slowly. He was thinking this through too...

Then he sighed, and said very quietly "It seems like everything that happened, prepared us for raising two amazing girls... That would have been very hard if we had not really wanted to be Stallion and Mare... So, I just don't know..."

I knew he was right...