• Published 15th Apr 2012
  • 7,196 Views, 291 Comments

Crashed and Burned in Equestria - Gaz1997



Matrix, a young captain and pilot in the British royal air force who has been through so much goes flying for the last time on earth before ending on the brink of death and entering a new world only a sought few believe to exist

  • ...
28
 291
 7,196

SERPRISE!! heart attack


After an hour of explaining to them all about the show and some other things like the brony community and that people wrote their own fanfics about them (but I missed out the fact that rainbow was my favourite character) and saying that they are kind of celebrity’s they seemed to take it pretty well, well when I say that I mean blushing with embarrassment but in the end they took it well, I showed them an episode on my laptop as well and by the end of it we were all laughing but was interrupted by the sound of my stomach growling loudly.

“damn am I hungry I haven’t eaten since….er this morning you girls feel like going to sugar cube corner I’m buying” they all nodded in agreement, I stood up from sitting in the same position for ages and stretched my spine till I heard a satisfying click and I groaned in relief then the girls did the same and I picked up my rucksack put my laptop inside and slung it over my back then we made our way back into ponyville.

I got bored after about five minutes of walking which surprisingly I could a lot better, I pulled out my iPod and noticed that the charging icon was on as well as the Wi-Fi, “heck yeah” I thought to myself but before I could put my earphones in RD asked “what’s that you got there”

“oh it’s my iPod it’s like a smaller version of my laptop for when I’m on the go I mainly listen to my music on it though” “an I have a listen to your music” said RD insistently “yeah sure” I helped her put in one of the earphones then I scrolled through my music looking for a good song I found one that hopefully she my approve of “you might like this one rainbow it’s by a group called green day, there a punk rock band and are really good” then I pressed the play button

(Play “welcome to paradise” by green day)

Rainbow was hovering by my side as we walked back to town sticking close so she didn’t pull out the earphones but a little to close but I didn’t mind, I could she was enjoying the music as she was nodding her head pretty hard, when the song ended she looked at me saying “this music is awesome do you have any more” I nodded and selected my custom playlist of rock songs, eventually we made it back into town and we got a few looks come our way but nothing more, I followed the girls towards bakery since I couldn’t tell where it is even if I did recognise some of the buildings.

(stop music but what ever you want is just fine)

When the playlist I pulled out my earphone and dash did the same and I put the iPod back in my pocket. It had gotten quiet so tried to make conversation “so now that I’m living here I should try and find a job any suggestions”
Before anypony could say anything dash spoke

“Earlier on didn’t you say you could Dj as well as play others instruments” “a bit and yes why’d you ask” well I now just the pony you should go see she’s called DJ pon3 and she on the lookout for someone new” “whoa whoa whoa did you just say DJ pon3,as in THE most popular DJ in all of equstria” she nodded “well that sounds like a plan you’ll have to take me to see her later cause right now I’m really hungry” and with that we carried on walking.

We finally reached sugar cube corner but all the light were of inside so I walked up to the door and stuck my head in “hello anypony home, hello then it hit me, I just remembered that pinkie wasn’t with us and then I remembered that AJ said something about a party but before I could do anything else I was greeted by the light’s turning and 100 or so ponies shouting “SURPRIIISSSEEE!!!!”.

“HOLY CRAP” I shouted out loud before falling over backwards and my head hitting the floor with a painful thump. “WEREYOUSURPRISEDWEREYOUWEREYOUHUHHUHHUH” said a wide grinning pinkie pie in my face “heck ye I was surprised you nearly gave me a bloody heart attack there” I said sarcastically “but I’m fine now I just need something to eat because I am STARVING!”

As I rose to my feet I dusted myself of pinkie had ran off somewhere and quickly came back with what looked like I cupcake in her hoof, I took it in my hands and looked at it, it looked so delicious but then my eyes caught site of the mane six and everypony looking at me with anticipation, I took a bite of the brightly coloured cupcake then I just froze solid still holding the treat in my hand,

“Do you like it” said the pink pony looking up at me with her big blue eyes

“This…..IS…...AMAZING it’s the best cupcake I have ever eaten” I said swallowing my mouthful and then continued noming on the rest of I, everypony let out a sigh of relief , when I finished eating the colourful treat I spoke up “well what are we all standing around for lets partaaaaayyyyy!

The party lasted a few good hours I had enjoyed it really well but I had to take it easy because of my head and leg which fluttershy had taken the bandages off. It was starting to get late, everypony had gone home except for the mane six, I othered to help clean up but they insisted (especially rainbow dash) that I sit down and rest while they cleaned up.
When they had finished cleaning up we all got ready to home I insisted that I help walk then home rainbow said yes but twilight said I should get back to her house to get some proper rest rainbow gave in and grunted “fine” then we all went our separate ways with me walking alongside twilight

“Hey twilight have you noticed something about rainbow dash‘s been acting a little weird all day can you explain that”
As a matter of fact I did notice, but she only started to act weird when you got here”

“Hmmm I wonder” I said in a puzzled voice whilst looking up at the slowly darkening shy and scratching my chin”

“Wonder what matrix” twilight had stopped walking and was looking at me with a look of confusion

“What oh nothing just lost in my thought’s that’s all well come on let’s get going” I had an idea of why rainbow was acting weird but I wouldn’t believe it still for some reason I felt like I should do something for her maybe take her to the next wonder bolts show yeah she’ll like that.

When we finally got to twilights I noticed there was a distinct lack of someone “hey twilight where’s spike?” “oh he’s away on royal business” (typical)”ah ok I guess I’ll just have to introduce myself another time then so where am I bunking then” “I’ll set up a bed for you in the basement you don’t mind do you” “of course not its fine” I said and so I followed her down to the basement into the basement where she set up my bed and then went to bed herself as did I.

“Newbie….no …..Silver…..wiseguy…..oh god…..no noooooo….ggaaahhhh”

I woke up hyperventilating, sweat pouring down my head. I tried to control my breathing down. I just had a nightmare. I haven’t had a nightmare in months ever since the mission. I needed a breather so I swung my legs of the bed rubbed my temples and put on my clothes. I silently crept up the sets not wanting to wake up anypony and silently opened the door to hear the sound of twilight still asleep. I thanked Luna I hadn’t awoken her from her slumber and tiptoed over to the door and went outside.

It was still dark out and there was nopony around. Good. I started walking in no particular direction while a cool night breeze blew against my face. I hadn’t really appreciated the night before but that was back on earth so I thanked Luna for the beautiful night that she had put on and continued walking wherever. Eventually I came across the bridge over the pond I had seen a couple of times from the show and so I went and sat on the wall of it with my legs dangling over the edge so I could see myself in the water. I saw myself in the reflection looking back at me I know I wasn’t much to look at but I wasn’t that bad.

I sighed and looked up to the night sky. There were only a few clouds in the sky “perfect weather for flying” I thought to myself and I nearly persuaded myself to go for a quick flight but fought I wouldn’t be best to go waking everypony up. I let out a long sigh as the memories of my teammates flashed through my mind. Newbie, silver, wiseguy. They all had families to go home to, but the never made it. I took it upon myself so keep on going and remember them but it wasn’t always easy.
I forced myself to go back to bed and so I got up and walked back to the library completely unaware that I was being watched by a cyan figure on a nearby cloud.

10 minutes earlier RD cloud home (and pov)

Rainbow dash was having trouble sleeping because of the amount of emotions going through her head mostly about matrix. She decided to give on sleep and go outside for a midnight flight session.

After around 5 minutes of flying and doing basic stunts she touched down on a nearby cloud to catch her breath. She looked down on the sleeping town and to a moment to take in the scenery then she spotted a tall looking figure walking down the street. She moved the cloud closer to get a better look at who it could be and she recognized the figure as matrix “what could he be doing out this late?” dash thought to herself so she followed him.

She watched him as he just sat there on the bridge looking up at the sky. Then when he got up to go back to the library rainbow just silently followed him until he went back inside “she wondered what must be troubling him and said to herself she’ll ask him in the morning on her way to help him with DJ pon3 way then she began to fly back to her own home now feeling like she could fight the battle of sleep.