• Published 11th Aug 2014
  • 1,178 Views, 67 Comments

The Five: Into the Beyond - lyra_lover777



Five adventurers set out to the lands beyond Equestria to recover pieces of a lost artifact that is crucial to Equestria's survival against a new foe.

  • ...
2
 67
 1,178

Chapter 1: The Prophecy

Twilight Sparkle and Spike were in the old library in the castle. Twilight was reading furiously, trying to find some information about how to fix crystal walls. (Discord had cracked a whole corridor in her new castle.) She was flipping through books while Spike lounged at a table reading the latest comic from a new series called The Trotting Dead.

Twilight brought out another book and opened it, starting to read. As she read, a piece of paper fell from the book. Twilight saw it and floated it up to her to read.

The Prophecy of the Five

The Five are the ones that will save us. They will be our salvation.

From a terrible evil, long locked away. These five will halt his stay.

These five, regular ponies. These five, not knowing.

One is of fire, one of rose. One of thread and one of gems.

And one is of magic, strong, even though she does not know it yet.

Will sail, run, and explore long forgotten lands.

If they succeed, the ponies of Equestria will be saved.

If not, all will perish.

The Five will have five weeks

Before the evil will finally strike.

Twilight laughed at the prophecy and threw it to the ground, continuing to read her other book.

"Why are you laughing?' asked Spike. He wondered if she had found a wrong fact in the book. Now he would have to sit through another twenty minute lecture about atoms and such.

"I just found this ridiculous prophecy. It's on the floor. Read it if you want." said Twilight as she kept reading her book. "Aha! I found the spell to fix the walls! Now we can go back to the castle." she said.

As Twilight trotted away, Spike gingerly picked up the prophecy. After he was done reading it, suddenly the paper flooded in green light, Twilight turned around to see Spike floating in the air with the prophecy in front of him. Twilight watched as the green on the paper floated in front of Spike and formed words, saying Spike, you are one of the five. You must find your counterparts and bring them to Canterlot. Celestia will aid you.

Suddenly Spike fell to the ground. Twilight cantered over to him. He was getting up, rubbing his head.

"Are you all right?" asked Twilight Sparkle.

"I-i think so-o." Spike said.

Twilight enveloped him in a hug and she said," Maybe that's not such a stupid prophecy, after all."

As the two walked away, Spike looked down at the prophecy. He flipped it over and found that a weird diagram had appeared on the other side! Now thought Spike. Time to find the others.

===

Coco Pommel trotted leisurely to Princess Twilight's new castle to thank Rarity, who was holding court that day, for the job as the designer for the play Rarity was supposed to work on.

She trotted up to the entrance of the castle. She waited in line for a while, waiting to get in. She finally got to the front of the line and was let in. She trotted down multiple corridors filled with stained glass windows. She stopped when she saw one of her giving the thread to Rarity. She had heard that her gift had helped save Equestria from Tirek.

Coco was about to reach the doors of the court when she heard a voice call out her name. She turned to see Spike, Twilight's adopted brother, running up to her.

===

Spike and Twilight were trotting to the wrecked corridor when Spike saw Coco and thought One of thread. It could be her! He and Twilight had deduced that he was the one of fire. When Coco heard him, she trotted over to him.

"I know this is kinda weird, but will you read this paper?" asked Spike.

Coco hesitantly picked up the paper from Spike's outstretched claws and read it. When she had finished, she suddenly floated up into the air and green light flooded from the paper and formed words, saying Coco, you are one of the five. So is Spike. Help him find your 3 other counterparts and travel to Canterlot to speak with the Princess Celestia. She will help you on your quest.

===

Coco's jaw dropped, but she looked up at Twilight, knowing that she didn't believe in prophecies. But when Twilight nodded, she knew it must be true.

Coco trotted to the wrecked corridor with Spike and Twilight, countless thoughts and ideas swirling in her head. She could tell Twilight was angry that she wasn't part of the quest, but also scared for Spike, not wanting him to get hurt.

Coco whispered in Twilight's ear," I will make sure he is safe."

Twilight smiled gratefully, but Coco could tell that she was still scared.

===

Amethyst Star trotted down the halls of the new castle of friendship. She had been summoned by Princess Twilight Sparkle to help fix the wrecked castle corridor since she was adept at magic involving gems and minerals. After all, her cutie mark was three diamonds.

As she trotted past the doors to court, she saw Princess Twilight, Spike, and a white earth pony mare exit them, looking downcast. A piece of paper fluttered out of Spike's claws and fell onto the floor.

She hesitantly picked it up in her light purple magic aura, floating the piece in front of her to give back to Spike. She quickly looked down at the paper. She hated looking at something that could be private, but couldn't help it. She tried to look away but couldn't. She read the whole thing. Then she felt herself start to rise into the air.

===

Spike had went into the court to talk to Rarity with Coco and Twilight. They had hoped that she would be the one of gems. But when she read it, nothing had happened. As they walked out, defeated, Twilight remarked "They might not even live in Ponyville. We may have to search all of Equestria!"

Spike hoped not. As they walked away from the court room, Spike realized he had dropped the paper! He turned around to see a pony he knew from Ponyville named Amethyst Star floating in the air, green words forming over her head, saying : You are the one of gems. Help Spike and Coco find the other two questers. They are also chosen for this quest. You will travel to Canterlot to speak to Princess Celestia, who will help you on your journey.

Amethyst collapsed to the floor, and a butler stallion cantered over to her, helping her to her hooves. Spike rushed over to her, Coco and Twilight at his heels.

Amethyst seemed a bit skeptical, but followed them as they continued to search. They were headed to the gardens to find "The one of rose."

===

Roseluck trotted over to the yellow roses, a watering can in her mouth. She looked around at the new and very large castle gardens, also called the Courtyard of Friendship. She trotted over to the lilies, watering them to. She could see her friends Daisy and Valley Lily watering and cutting plants in other parts of the garden. An animal caretaker from Canterlot was also in another part of the gardens, teaching some baby birds to fly.

She heard some new hoofsteps on the cobblestone. Roseluck trotted over to a patch of marigolds and began watering them.

The owners of the hoofsteps approached. The first was the princess, and the other her foster brother, Spike. The other two were mares, one she recognized from town, and one white one that she was unfamiliar with.

The princess was in the lead, a piece of paper clutched in her pink aura. She was walking past a rosebush. The thorns on the plant would rip the paper to shreds! She dived forward, her back bursting open with hundreds of tiny scratches.

The princess looked down at her paper's savior, mouth and eyes open wide.

===

Spike had been stripped of the title "Prophecy Carrier" when he had dropped it. He had argued that it had helped them find one of the three others, but Twilight had dismissed it and swept the paper away in her aura. Now she had almost destroyed it.

Spike watched as Roseluck's eyes became riveted to the paper. The one of rose! thought Spike as he watched the mare float into the air. The words over Roseluck's head said: You must help three of the other four: Spike, Amethyst, and Coco, find the last member of your party. You will then head to Canterlot to find help from Princess Celestia.

Roseluck fell from the air, and they help her up. Roseluck seemed very jolly to join the crew. To Spike it seemed like she felt like her life had a purpose now that wasn't just watering flowers. Now, where were they going to find the last one?

===

Dinky Doo cantered along the road to the castle. Her mother flew above her, carrying a letter for Rarity, who was holding court today. She watched as her mother spun in the air and reached the entrance a few seconds before her.

The pair trotted into the castle. Dinky's blank flank shined in the light seeping through the many windows. The pair soon reached the court room doors. Princess Twilight and three other mares were trotting towards them. And also walking over to her was the hottest little dragon she had ever seen.

===

They had figured out that the last one must be a young unicorn filly that hadn't gained their cutie mark yet. As the prophecy stated, the last one left was "And one is magic, strong, even though she doesn't know it yet."

So when they saw Dinky, they trotted over to her. Spike blushed mildly as he walked up to her. He had always thought she was cute, kind, awesome- so, pretty much everything he looked for in a mare. He had given up on Rarity soon after Tirek's defeat when he found her on a date with Thunderlane. He watched as she brushed her blond mane out of her eyes shyly.

"W-would you read this, beautiful? I-I mean, uh, Dinky?" Spike's face burned hotter than the sun.

"Uh, s-sure, Spike." Dinky blushed even more than Spike as she grabbed the paper from his outstretched claws.

As soon as she finished reading, Dinky floated up into the air. Ditzy began to fly up to pull her daughter out of the sky, but was pushed away magically by Twilight Sparkle. Green words formed over Dinky's head, saying: You, Dinky, are the last of The Five. Travel with the others to Canterlot. You will receive help from Princess Celestia.

Dinky collapsed. As soon as she recovered, Spike announced "Off to Canterlot, I guess."

===

At the Tree of Harmony

A shadowy figure stepped forward and untwisted the elements from their slots, using their magic to teleport them to the farthest reaches of Tartarus. "Now nothing can stop me!" the shadowy figure cackled before slipping away, melting into the darkness.