• Published 11th Aug 2014
  • 1,178 Views, 67 Comments

The Five: Into the Beyond - lyra_lover777



Five adventurers set out to the lands beyond Equestria to recover pieces of a lost artifact that is crucial to Equestria's survival against a new foe.

  • ...
2
 67
 1,178

Chapter 13: The Kraken and Cobras

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait- a bit of writer's block along with a busy everyday life. Enjoy! :)

Dinky sat on deck, sighing, as a small green island flashed by as the Hammerhead moved at top speed. She laid down on her belly before rolling onto her back, looking up at the clear blue sky. She took a deep breath of the briny air before getting to her hooves to travel to Spike's room.

Dinky found the door half open. Dinky pushed the door open to see no dragon anywhere in the small room. She heard moans and groans from the bathroom.

She cautiously trotted over to the bathroom, listening as the pony or dragon inside moaned louder. Dinky could not tell if it was male or female.

Then she heard a flush and a groan. Then the sink turned on. She could hear soft humming. It was definitely Spike from the humming.

Dinky dove into Spike's room as Spike left the bathroom. Dinky buried herself in a pile of dirty, old clothes. Spike entered the room, humming her name as he laid down on the bed, sighing as he leaned back.

Dinky waited for ten minutes before slowly slinking out from under the pile of clothes toward the door. But it was closed. Dinky furrowed her brow and turned around to see Spike smiling seductively, moving slowly towards Dinky, pressing his lips to hers in a passionate kiss, darting his tongue into her mouth, exploring it.

Dinky was taken aback, her eyes wide open as Spike pressed her up against the door, his kisses becoming deeper and more passionate.

Dinky finally closed her eyes and pressed back, her tongue wrapping around Spike's before pushing his tongue out of her mouth, both taking a breath. Then Dinky plunged her tongue into Spike's mouth, fighting his tongue savagely.

The two young lovers battled with their tongues as they melted into each other. Spike wrapped his arms around Dinky's waist, pulling her close to him.

Suddenly the door was pulled open by a curious Coco. The two kissing lovers fell backward, Dinky's back hitting the ground hard, Spike landing even harder on top of her.

Coco fell over laughing like a seal. Dinky and Spike blushed profusely. Spike picked himself gingerly off of Dinky, who's face was now red not from embarrassment but from anger.

She was about to slap Coco when yells sounded from the deck. Amethyst Star pushed the door open, screaming for them to come. The three followed her onto deck, weapons drawn.

With its giant tentacles wrapped around the hull of the ship, a giant Kraken squealed, an odd wet sound, and plunged its giant tentacles onto the ship, ready for a pony dinner.

===

Coco quickly scrambled about the ship, swinging her lance frantically at a Kraken tentacle, only making a small cut that healed instantly.

Coco watched as Dinky took to the ballistae, loading it before firing the large arrow. It hit the base of one of the Kraken's ten tentacles. sending the severed limb flying away from the rest of the body.

Dinky reloaded and shot again, the giant missile hitting the water several meters from the monster.

Coco slashed her lance across on of the nine remaining tentacles, severing the tip.

The small section of tentacle flopped around on deck before wrapping itself around Coco's leg. She screamed as she ripped it off, sending it flying away into the waves.

Amethyst took the other ballistae, hitting the Kraken in it's eye. The creature screamed and writhed in the water as it pulled the projectile out of its one and only eye socket.

Where a giant amber eye had been there was only mangled flesh, blood dripping rapidly down the creature's body and spreading in the water, the blood dying the blue ocean pinkish.

As the creature began to bleed out, Dinky fired another arrow, hitting the creature's lower body. Blood exploded from the wound drenching the side of the ship and staining the water red instead of pink.

The Kraken flopped around as it died. Hundreds of sharks began to crowd around the dying monster, biting off pieces and slurping up blood. Roseluck quickly got to the wheel and steered them away from the massacre.

Amethyst put the "Finder" on. The next part was located on an island only ten minutes away. Coco could already see it on the horizion. It was labeled "Co-a Island."

Nopony had any idea what that meant, but there wasn't any cannabils or gazelles in the description, so everypony was fine when they arrived, their hooves hitting brown sand as they ventured into the jungle, the heart of the island.

After a fifteen minute hike, the group reached a clearing. Tall, amber grass swayed in the light breeze. The group laid down for as short rest.

Soon they heard slithering noises from the tall grass. The group got to their hooves as shapes appeared from the grass, the trees, the bushes, everywhere.

Hundreds of cobras surrounded the Five, waiting to strike.

===

The dark, shadowy figure that had stolen the elements of harmony smiled as he paced. "My minions will bring down these Five."

He said it with disgust, as though the words tasted horrible as he spoke them.

He wore a long, black cloak. Giant gray feet were visible from under the cloak. A small horn and a bigger horn broke through the cloak, sharpened with metal closed around their points.

He twirled a golden amulet on his bigger horn. It was triangular, shaped like a pendant that had been crucial to Equestria's survival...

===

Discord's brow was furrowed as he searched for the amulet of Scorpan.

After the box had been unlocked and the castle had sprung forth, the keys returned to what they had been before. Twilight's key had been returned to the triangular amulet, the amulet of Scorpan.

When Discord had gained his own throne in the castle, Twilight had given it to him as a present.

Now it was gone, as if stolen...

That amulet had enormous power. It could suck ponies of their magic like Tirek's horns.

Scorpan had had no significant horns, so he was planning to use the amulet to suck up ponies' powers unlike his brother, who would use his horns.

Whoever had taken the amulet could end Equestria once and for all.