• Published 10th Aug 2014
  • 821 Views, 60 Comments

Fragmented Harmony - Mares-a-Mares



Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy end up in a world of wishes, witches, and magical girls. Can they return to their home?

  • ...
9
 60
 821

Chapter 6 - Kindness

Darkness surrounded the world as the moon had risen.

Fluttershy could feel the grip on her hand tighten. The streets around them were littered with garbage, and the quality of the buildings had begun to degrade a few moments ago. Before, they were surrounded with city lights from all the business buildings just like in Manehatten, but now their only source of light was from a tiny lamppost in the distance.

It didn’t really help much, but Fluttershy silently thanked it for the comfort it brought her. Facing in front of her, she kept an eye on her friend. She couldn’t really see her expression, but she could tell that she was tense. Neither of them were really used to wandering the streets at night…or fighting strange monsters called ‘Witches’…

Rainbow Dash kept a frown on her face. She didn’t like this place, or rather, any of these places…It just didn’t feel safe at all for anypony and certainly not for Fluttershy. She almost watched her friend get killed…And now she was going to risk it again, taking her in another Barrier…

…Or at least, when she found one.

Kyuubey scanned the area from Rainbow’s shoulder until his pink eyes rested on an old factory building. Ah, it was a storage facility. “…Perhaps you should try that old building right there?”

Rainbow Dash slowed to a stop, gradually slowing Fluttershy’s pace as well. “…Hmm…I dunno…seems kinda abandoned, right?” Her eyes met her friend’s blue ones.

Fluttershy blinked. “Oh, um…I…suppose…? Is it…locked?”

Kyuubey blinked. “There is an opened door in this facility.” It pointed its paw over to the left. “See? Over there, on the left.”

Sure enough, while the large door was shut and locked tight, a side door was opened ajar. If it wasn’t for the nearby street lamp, they probably wouldn’t have seen it.

Rainbow Dash grinned. “…Hey, not bad!” She held up her hand to Kyuubey and curled it into a…what? What would you call it? It kinda looked like a hoof, now… “…Mind telling me what my hand is doing…?” Her expression became a little bit more sheepish.

Fluttershy gave a quiet gasp as she watched her friend’s hand in fascination.

Kyuubey gave a small sigh. “Your hand has curled into what is known as a ‘fist’.”

Rainbow Dash nodded in acknowledgement. “Ohhh…! Okay, fist-bump!”

Kyuubey blinked once more before curling his paw and tapping her fist. “…I hardly find why this is really necessary. Were we not going to check out that door?”

Rainbow Dash frowned. “…Wow, you’re worse than Twilight in egg-head land. It’s like all you speak are facts.”

Fluttershy frowned. “Rainbow, that’s rude.”

Her friend cringed. “Fine, fine…Sorry, Cubes.”

Kyuubey simply blinked again. “…Again, I hardly find why this is necessary.”

Rainbow Dash gave a deep sigh. “…Whatever…I’ll…just take that as ‘apology accepted’, then.” She looked back over to her timid friend. “Happy now, Flutters?”

Fluttershy grinned. “Much.” Her grinned faltered into a small smile. “Let’s…check out that door.”

“R-Right…” Rainbow Dash stepped towards the door, stepping further into the shadows, away from where they could be easily seen. Looking back to make sure Fluttershy was following right behind her, she slowly opened the door enough for them to slip in. The door made a slight creaking noise, but it was more like a whine than anything.

‘I guess it’s old metal.’ Rainbow thought.

Slipping in, the room inside was lit up by moonlight pouring in through the windows, giving the area a blue-ish hue. It looked clean in there, but it also looked extremely empty of any furniture or products. Whatever this place was…it looked like it got shut down.

Judging by the lack of dust, it probably happened fairly recently, actually…

A rainbow light pulsed from Rainbow Dash’s left hand. Fluttershy gasped. “Rainbow, your Soul Gem!”

Rainbow Dash held it up. “It’s…glowing? It’s a little faint…but it also isn’t? How the hay does that make any sense?”

Kyuubey jumped from her shoulder. “If the Witch’s presence is uncertain, it could most likely be a Witch’s Egg.”

Fluttershy blinked. “’Witch’s…Egg’…? Is that the…um, Grief Seed about to hatch…like you said?”

A rainbow light formed above Rainbow Dash’s left hand as she willed her Soul Gem into the main form. It landed gently in the palm of her hand, the rainbow light still pulsating from it. “…So it’s still hatching, huh? Let’s nip it in the bud, then!” She grinned.

Kyuubey nodded as he jumped back onto Rainbow’s shoulder. “…Then you’d best hurry. Otherwise, another Magical Girl might come and take the Witch.”

Fluttershy cocked her head to the side as she pursued her eager friend. Kyuubey kept mentioning other Magical Girls…but how many are in this city? How many are friendly? Would Rainbow Dash have to fight them?

…Rainbow Dash just needs the Grief Seeds to keep her Soul Gem clean…but the other Magical Girls would need them, too…

…How many Witches are in this city?

The rainbow aura pulsated strongly once they arrived in front of what looked like a…box room? It looked like a bunch of screens, like the ones on the arcade boxes that a lot of the colts played with back in Ponyville.

Fluttershy ran a finger against the walls. “…For a shut down facility, even here is…surprisingly clean.” She looked at the finger. As a pony, she wouldn’t have been able to do that. Looking back at the screens, she blinked. “…Are these…TVs?”

Rainbow Dash blinked. “…TVs? Flutters, how do you know more about them than I do?”

Her timid friend felt heat warming up her cheeks. “U-um, w-well…they were…used occasionally…at Las Pegasus…sometimes. I…used to live there…before flight camp.”

“Pfft, holding out on me this whole time? I’ve never even been to Las Pegasus!” She grinned. “So…TVs, huh…? Pretty cool…”

Kyuubey tapped her head. “It would certainly be fascinating to learn more of your culture, but the Grief Seed is here!”

Rainbow Dash gulped as she approached the spiky object. It was glowing as it was slowly planting itself into one of the TVs, a dark aura pulsating from it. Holding out her Soul Gem, Rainbow Dash willed herself to be surrounded in a rainbow light; magic pulsating from her every being as the strange but cool attire was replaced with the magical armor she wore when she protected Fluttershy.

Ready for battle, magenta eyes narrowed into a determined expression as she willed for the Barrier of the Witch’s Egg to open for her.

Fluttershy winced as she saw a space in front of them rip open and pulsate, waiting for them to enter in. Once they entered it…there was no going back.

Rainbow Dash nodded. “Ready?”

Fluttershy nodded as she took Kyuubey from Rainbow’s shoulders. “…Ready…”

The rainbow warrior took her friend’s hand, and dashed into the barrier.

Fluttershy narrowed her eyes as she felt the aura surrounding her. Last time they didn’t actually step into the Barrier, so this was a new experience for her. She gulped as her vision was filled with little lights and symbols, and something that looked like ponies moving around in a circle.

It twisted around in a sea of blue and bouncing ponies until finally they were inside the Barrier. For a moment, she thought she was just standing in mid-air. Letting out a whine as she held Kyuubey and Rainbow’s hand tighter, she closed her eyes for a moment.

Kyuubey nudged her head upwards. “It is alright. You are currently on a stable platform, Fluttershy. You don’t have to curl up so much. It is not necessary.”

Rainbow Dash huffed as she pulled out her sword from…wherever instinct told her to pull it from, I guess. She just needed to get the job done, focus, and keep Fluttershy safe.

Fluttershy slowly opened her eyes. All around them the world was going in its own circle, and it just kept repeating and repeating, and…

She felt dizzy. Looking towards her friend, she felt herself calm down. Maybe that was there to hypnotize somepony…

Rainbow Dash gave a deep breath and let it out before she let her instincts take over for her. In front of the trio, a duo of white dolls with angel wings and a halo appeared; huge smiles on their faces. If Fluttershy didn’t know any better, she’d think they were adorable, but not this time. She knew these creatures could…kill her at any moment…

The rainbow warrior sped towards them, sword at the ready. The angels swayed to the sides, causing her to spread her own wings and twist around them at top speeds. The angels flailed in the air as they were caught in a merciless hurricane, until Rainbow threw her sword at them, crushing them from the head up.

The angels disappeared. Looking back at Fluttershy, she nodded. “Let’s go find that witch!”

Fluttershy nodded, quickly pursuing her friend. The two ran along the clear platform until another group of creatures, angels with TVs for heads, appeared.

Rainbow Dash groaned. “Get out of my way!” She ran towards the group, hacking and slashing at the TVs on their heads as she twisted her body to avoid their sparkling beams of electricity. It sucks being zapped, she knew. She was on the weather team for years and had been in a few accidents since the present.

But she had no time to think about that right now. She had to move! Taking a quick glance back at Fluttershy, the rainbow warrior allowed herself to move once more along the clear platform.

More of the creatures came, three TV angels and two of the regular angels.

Rainbow Dash crashed through them using momentum, sending the TV angels flying over into the wall of the Barrier, where they dissipated into nothing. Facing the other angels, she pulled off another twister which disoriented the angels, causing them to lose their speed and focus. Without a second thought, she drove her sword into the creatures, slashing them both in one blow.

Wind and momentum: It didn’t really waste magic, so she was willing to take that tactic any day! Besides, she was too awesome for these idiots to catch!

Hearing a whimper, the rainbow warrior turned back around.

“FLUTTERSHY!” She exclaimed, speeding over to her friend.

While she was distracted with those idiots at their front, some other angels had snuck behind her and grabbed her friend in mid-air!

Growling, Rainbow Dash threw her sword into the left angel that held her friend, causing the other to lose its grip from the momentum. Fluttershy felt her support being knocked away, and she was about to scream until she felt her friend wrap around her, a protective gesture.

However, in doing this action, Rainbow Dash had dropped her shield in order to leave her left hand empty. It wasn’t worth it compared to a life…A precious life.

Fluttershy panted as she leaned against her friend’s left shoulder. “R-Rainbow…T-Thank…thank you…” She breathed out.

Rainbow Dash frowned. She couldn’t just keep fighting all of the creatures like this. She needed to find the Witch. “…Cubes! I got wings, can’t I just fly over these bozos?!”

Kyuubey nodded. “It is most certainly possible, though you would need the experience. The Witch is strong, and I doubt your Rainbow Blast can be done every Witch battle. It would waste too much magic.”

Rainbow Dash frowned as she hovered lower to collect Kyuubey. Soaring back into the air, she gave a deep sigh. “…I gotta risk it. I can’t let that happen to Fluttershy again.”

Fluttershy groaned softly. “…I…I’ll be…f-fine…just…fight…the witch.”

Kyuubey gave a sigh. Since your wish involved saving, could you not form some sort of protective spell?

Rainbow Dash’s eyes widened.

Yeah…oh, how could I have been so stupid?! I almost got Fluttershy killed!

Then it is best you do not waste any more time.

With a nod, Rainbow Dash flew past the creatures, holding her friend tightly beside her. There was a flight of stairs she remembered seeing when she was in the middle of fighting.

…If she went up those…

Flying past, she turned upwards up the flight of stairs, finding that it led to another platform that greatly resembled the same one she was just on.

Rainbow Dash groaned in frustration. “R-Really?! How many floors has this Witch GOT?!”

Kyuubey shook his head. “Since it was woken early, I doubt this is an extremely powerful Witch…but still a relatively average Barrier. Judging through past experience, you may have three more floors to clear before you can face the Witch.”

Fluttershy gave a deep sigh. “R-Rainbow, please…you don’t have to…carry me the whole…way.” She mumbled.

Rainbow Dash frowned as she spotted another set of creatures and readied her sword.

“Sorry, Flutters…but it doesn’t look like I have a choice!” With that, Fluttershy felt herself be taken into the battle; involved with everything but protected from it all.

…It felt frustrating...If only Rainbow would understand…she could take care of herself…she could make a choice…

…What would the consequences be if she made such a choice, though? Rainbow Dash did it…and now she has the power to protect others.

…But…who would protect her?

Rainbow Dash grunted as she forced her way past the creatures, making sure to avoid their electricity. She couldn’t let Fluttershy get hit, no matter what. She had to make sure she was safe, no matter what!

She’d use the protective spell when they get to the witch. The rest she can just…muddle through somehow…some way…

…She’d make sure Flutters stays okay.

They went up another flight of clear stairs, the blue sea above and underneath them; the ponies in constant motion…Fluttershy averted her eyes. Just don’t pay any attention to them…and you won’t get hypnotized…

Rainbow Dash huffed. “Alright, that’s two more flights! Let’s keep going!”

Kyuubey gave a sigh.

You do remember what we discussed, yes?

I remember. I’ll use it when we reach the Witch. I won’t be able to protect her and fight at the same time in there!

I see. It does please me though that you are fighting more Familiars.

Oh, hay, they got a name.

Rainbow Dash slashed past another set of TV angel familiars, causing the pieces to fly past them, every so often bumping a wing. It didn’t hurt; it was just annoying. Just two more flights to go. She rushed through, her eyes darting from the familiars to Fluttershy to the attacks she had to avoid.

…Guess the whole complete concentration in the air thing works awesomely in battle as well as studying and weather. The fact that she was now engaged in battle…it felt frightening, and yet amazing. She lived for making sure others were alright, even if it meant great sacrifice.

‘…I suppose that’s my loyalty speaking to me.’ She thought.

Fluttershy cringed as she felt herself get re-adjusted after almost slipping. Constant protection was certainly fine, yes…but she couldn’t let Rainbow Dash take this entire burden…it must hurt…

Kyuubey faced Fluttershy as she held it to her chest. “…This…isn’t right…” She whispered softly.

Kyuubey lifted his empty smile.

…You desire something. Something strong…

Fluttershy quickly broke eye-contact with the creature she was holding. She wasn’t ready. She…she couldn’t…

They flew up another flight of steps. Rainbow Dash grunted as she sped past the familiars on this platform. If she was going to be conserving enough energy to make that protection spell, she needed to get to the Witch soon…!

…The final flight of steps!

She grinned as she sped upwards, clearing all of the dumb familiars out of the way, sending them into the deep sea abyss below and above them. They didn’t even know what slammed into them!

She was going to face the Witch.

Fluttershy winced for a moment as she felt her friend stop short suddenly. Slowly, she opened her blue eyes to look at her friend. Rainbow Dash held a determined expression as she gently put her friend down.

Fluttershy blinked as her feet landed on the clear platform, trying to read her friend’s intentions. “R-Rainbow Dash…?!”

A rainbow light surrounded Fluttershy suddenly, breaking her eye contact with her friend as she jumped into a panic, her eyes focused on the light that blinded her. The energy wrapped around her general area, creating a clear sphere with a rainbow aura emanating from it. The sphere formed into a solid shield, separating the timid girl from the rest of the Barrier.

It also separated her from her friend.

Fluttershy looked back at her friend with a look of betrayal. “R-Rainbow Dash, what are you doing?!” She squeaked out, still in a panicked state.

Rainbow Dash turned away from her friend, her eyes focusing on the Barrier in front of her. “…I’m sorry, Flutters. This is what I gotta do.”

Fluttershy looked past her friend. In the air, a large TV with blue wings appeared; a blue silhouette of a young girl with pigtails on the screen. It lowered down along with four of the angel familiars, electricity surging through it.

Rainbow Dash readied her sword and prepared to meet it, her wings slowly taking her up into the air. Wind and momentum: That was her tactic. It should work here as well.

The TV Witch flew to the side, rather moving further away from the threatening Magical Girl, leaving the four angels to defend the fort. Rainbow Dash grinned as she slammed her sword into a couple of the angels bunched together, her eyes scanning on the activity from the Witch. It looked like it was just running…what kind of lame joke was this?

Fluttershy whimpered from inside her safe haven. She could only watch as Rainbow Dash risked her own life, making sure that she was safe…if she didn’t even freeze in the first place, Rainbow might not have had to do what she did…!

Closing her eyes, the timid girl held both of her arms up to her chest, clutching Kyuubey even tighter than she was before. It hurt…to watch your fillyhood friend fight for you like this…it hurt to know that you had the ability to help…

...She was just lacking the courage.

Rainbow Dash flew after the other two angels, slipping past one of their electricity beams as she slammed the sword into the face of one of the angels. Figuring it wouldn’t hurt; she grabbed the second one by the halo and used it to whack the first one upside the head, just in case the sword didn’t do enough damage.

It worked. The two familiars dissipated into nothing, leaving no defense to get to the Witch. The rainbow warrior dove after the Witch which had already made its way across the room, and probably would’ve been difficult to reach.

However, this was the fastest flyer in Equestria here. In no time at all she arrived in front of the witch, causing it to sway once more as it found no escape.

Rainbow Dash narrowed her eyes as she clenched her teeth, ready to strike. As she dove to strike the Witch and finish the battle, she didn’t really think about the sparkling screen in front of her.

She didn’t see it coming. A large blast in the face came from the screen, causing her to be sent all the way back across the Barrier, creating an indent in the walls of the blue sea labyrinth.

Rainbow Dash gasped in shock once she hit impact, a crushing sound could be heard behind her. It felt like she got slammed into the ground at the momentum of a Sonic Rainboom! She winced as she slowly opened her eyes, seeing the Witch in the distance.

‘Dang it…I let my guard down…’ She grimaced as she slipped out from the indent back into the air. It wasn’t that bad…but it put a strain on her to fly. Diving back over, she kept a closer eye on the Witch. She wasn’t going to get blasted again!

Fluttershy screamed in terror when she saw her friend get slammed into the wall. It was too much…too much to see that happen…It was her fault she had to fight…!

Kyuubey relaxed as it watched the events happen. Such things always happened to a Magical Girl, after all. Glancing up at Fluttershy, it shifted in her grip. “…Do you believe that she’ll make it?”

Fluttershy met his eyes. “…I…I have to…b-believe…” After all, what else could she do?

“Fluttershy, you could make a difference, you know. You can make things easier for Rainbow Dash.”

Fluttershy broke eye contact once more, facing the battle. “N-No…I have to…believe. I know she can do it…”

The TV Witch summoned six TV angels in front of it, creating new reinforcements. Rainbow Dash groaned in frustration as she dove to meet them. “Come on, I just got rid of those!” She grunted as she struck the sword into one of the familiars, the TV spewing electricity her direction.

Rainbow quickly ducked. It wasn’t dead, just hurt. This was a pain…A huge pain! Growling, she dove underneath the group and started to twist around the group of familiars, quickly making sure there were no sneak attacks.

The TV Witch dove further down to the ground, struggling in making sure it didn’t get caught in the growing hurricane that was affecting its familiars. From a distance, it started to charge up another blast, but it wasn’t aiming for the threat in the rainbow armor...

...It was aiming for the prey in the protection spell.

Rainbow Dash gasped as she took her attention away from the angels for a second to strike at the Witch. She slammed the Witch into the side, causing it to blast over to the side from where Fluttershy was.

That was close. That was too close. Panting, Rainbow Dash focused on the Witch. She was going to take it down, no matter what. The Witch flew towards the disoriented familiars, taking refuge in its shield as the Magical Girl quickly pursued after it. She was gonna kill that Witch! No matter what!

Slamming past the familiars, she threw her sword into the front of Witch’s screen, stabbing through. The Witch let out an ear piercing scream as it flew away from her reach.

Rainbow Dash glared at it. “Hey, get back here! I’m not finished with you!” She prepared to dive after the Witch, but felt her arms and wings being restrained as the TV angels held a tough grip on the rainbow warrior.

Rainbow Dash grunted as she struggled. “H-Hey, let go!” She heard giggles by her ear as she felt the grip on her wings grow tighter, refusing to give any momentum. She tried forcing her body to sway, but more started to show up, grabbing onto her legs.

She couldn’t move.

No.

No…!

The TV Witch flew in front of the captivated warrior, readying another blast that was charging from the screen on its front. Rainbow Dash continued to struggle, trying to get some form of momentum…!

She had to get out of there, before…!

She couldn’t let…!

Fluttershy…!

The grip on her arms and legs loosened as she heard a crackling noise from behind that came with a motion that swayed her to the side, just out of reach of the blast that shot past her right afterwards, hitting the blue sea wall.

Wait, what?

…Wasn’t she…gonna die?

Shaking herself back into her senses, she noticed a figure with long pink hair, yellow wings, a green short dress with a brown grassy belt, and green vines wrapping around her feet to resemble sandals.

This figure also had her friend’s face and something that looked like the Element of Kindness around her neck, where her own Soul Gem rested.

Rainbow Dash couldn’t believe her eyes. “F-F-Flutters…!?”

Fluttershy gave a determined look as she faced her fillyhood friend. “Are you alright, Rainbow Dash?”

“Wha…bah…y-you…!” The rainbow warrior found she couldn’t really speak at the moment.

Fluttershy nodded and then turned away from her friend.

“…Let’s take care of the Witch together. Then…then you can…well…”

Rainbow Dash gave a deep sigh. “…Alright, then…let’s go get that Witch.”

Her friend nodded as she held out a hand where a bright glow appeared, forming into what looked like a golden staff, a pink butterfly at the top. Looking away from her friend, Rainbow Dash gave a deep sigh. This time...they were going to do it together. This time…they were both fighting it.

Turning back to her friend, Rainbow Dash frowned. “I can’t get to the Witch with those stupid familiars flocking around it. Think you can get them out of my way, Flutters?”

Fluttershy never felt so…excited…amazing… “…Of course. Don’t worry about it. You just focus on the Witch.” She gave a confident smile as she materialized what looked like a vine whip in her other hand.

With a nod, Rainbow Dash turned away. She wasn’t sure what to think about this…but there was no going back! Dashing forward, she slashed past the familiars with all the momentum she could muster, causing them to sway to the sides in a disoriented manner.

Fluttershy nodded as she held up her staff, a set of vines stretching out from the butterfly in a yellow aura. The vines stretched across her path, wrapping the familiars up in a tight grip, causing them to struggle in the vines’ grip in a violent manner.

They weren’t going to get to her friend again.

The TV Witch flew as fast as it could until a sword stabbed into its back, Rainbow pushed the Witch right into the wall and deepened the strike; causing the sword to push until it stabbed right through the other side, shattering the remains of the front screen from her last blows.

The ponies in the blue sea stopped and fell to the ground as the TV Witch started spewing what Rainbow assumed was blue blood. Hay, what do you know? ‘Blue blood’! Followed them all the way here!

She landed on the clear platform and took a deep sigh as she watched her friend hover down after her. As soon as Fluttershy landed, the area around them distorted as the Barrier started to collapse, slowly fading back into the room that they started in.

Once more, the place looked empty and…surprisingly clean. The sound of something hitting the ground caused Fluttershy to walk over and pick up the Witch’s Grief Seed.

Rainbow Dash walked over to peek over her shoulder. “…So, I guess we…share it, huh?”

“Rainbow…” Fluttershy whispered before she turned her face away, refusing to make eye contact with her friend. “…Are you angry with me?”

Rainbow Dash held a puzzled expression for a moment until she gave a deep sigh. “…Look, um…” Thinking there was nothing else she could do, she placed a hand on her friend’s shoulder.

Fluttershy winced at the touch.

“…I’m not mad. Just…surprised…” Rainbow started as she turned away from her friend, keeping the hand on her shoulder. “...What I should be saying is…um…”

Ugh, she was so bad at this!

“…Thanks.”

Fluttershy turned to face her friend. “…You’re…not mad?”

Rainbow Dash turned to meet her blue eyes. “…Honestly, I’m a little freaked out. Just…let me make sure you stay safe. That’s…all I want.”

Fluttershy felt her eyes water as she wrapped her friend into a loose embrace. “…Okay…but, you shouldn’t…take the entire burden either. It…It’s scary when you…take more than you can…handle.”

Rainbow Dash blinked at the sudden hug, but took it anyway. “…Okay, okay...I'll be careful.”

Fluttershy wanted her to stay safe, just like she wanted Fluttershy to stay safe…

Fluttershy contracted for her sake…

Rainbow gave a deep sigh. “You’re actually more assertive than you think; Miss ‘I’m all shy’!”

Fluttershy gave a small blush as she slowly pulled out of the embrace. “…Um…I’m sorry?”

Her friend face-palmed. “Pfft, same old Flutters…” She shook her head and chuckled, a sound that soon died in her throat.

An awkward silence built up with the lack of conversation.

Everything was just...overwhelming, really.

It was Rainbow Dash that broke the silence. “…You know, Flutters…this whole Magical Girl thing…”

Fluttershy gave a deep sigh. “…We won’t be able to return, even if we find a way. I…already knew that, when I…”

Rainbow’s eyes widened. “B-But that means…!? You gave up the chance of…going home f-for…for me?”

The timid Magical Girl narrowed her eyes and nodded, refusing to meet her friend’s gaze. “…I wouldn’t have gone without you, anyway…We’re friends…and friends stick together.”

Rainbow Dash closed her eyes. Friends stick together, huh…?

If that truly was the case…she wouldn’t have contracted.

But there was no other choice…

“…Flutters?”

Fluttershy looked over. “Y-Yes, Rainbow…?”

“…Pinkie Promise not to die?”

“…Only if you will.”

The two faced each other. “Cross our hearts, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in our eyes!” They said in unison, matching the choreography that came with that promise.

They’d stick together to the end.

…No matter what.

Author's Note:

Mares-a-Mares: Phew, this one took longer to write! I tried to focus more on my action scenes and pacing, so...

Please tell me what you think! ^^