• Published 10th Aug 2014
  • 820 Views, 60 Comments

Fragmented Harmony - Mares-a-Mares



Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy end up in a world of wishes, witches, and magical girls. Can they return to their home?

  • ...
9
 60
 820

Prologue

…Where…?

Where am I…?

Is this…a dream?

Blue eyes shook silently as the yellow and pink-maned pegasus took in her surroundings.

The place looked like something out of a nightmare, or something maybe Discord made up. There were sweets, candies, and cakes all throughout the area, as far as the young mare could see. In fact, it looked like it could be a paradise for Pinkie Pie…

…That is, if it wasn’t for the ominous looking pills and medicine capsules laying around the creamy surface. The pink-maned mare whimpered as she walked past what looked to be a creepy looking sharp…whatever that thing was. It kinda looked like what the doctors used to give ponies shots with…but something was different about it.

The whole place felt off to her, somehow…

“…You okay, Fluttershy?” A raspy feminine voice resounded behind the mare’s ears, and she let out a small yelp as she turned around to see a cyan rainbow-maned pegasus standing before her on all four hooves.

“…R-Rainbow Dash…? Oh, thank goodness…” The mare known as Fluttershy breathed a sigh of relief as she gave a small smile. “I’m not alone in here…”

Rainbow Dash raised an eyebrow. “Yeah…but where exactly IS ‘here’? You don’t think Discord did something funny behind our backs, do you?”

Fluttershy frowned as she looked back at the confusing landscape. “Rainbow, you mustn’t suddenly suspect our friend like that. Discord has been very good about keeping his promise, and it isn’t right of you to judge him like that.”

Her cyan friend narrowed her rose eyes towards her blue-eyed companion. “Oh yeah? Well, what about Tirek?” Fluttershy sighed as she shook her head.

“Tirek was…a different matter. Especially after Tirek, Discord’s been on his best behavior and even helping other ponies.” She defended. After all, he probably was hurt the most from what Tirek did…

Then again, Twilight also lost her library that day.

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes. “Okay, okay, we’ll settle that it wasn’t Discord. Who did this then?” Rose eyes scavenged for any sign of life. The place seemed to be still like the dead, or at least something creepy like it. Fluttershy sighed as she sat down, supporting her body weight on her hind legs. How long were they going to be stuck like this?

“Chii…” A high pitched squeak was heard behind the pink-maned mare.

Fluttershy gasped as she turned around, her yellow ears following the source of the sound. “H-Hello…? Is there…anything…I can…?”

Rainbow Dash frowned as she also turned around to the noise. “We aren’t alone!” Seeing nothing but shadows, she clenched her teeth at the darkness. “Alright, come out and show yourself!”

More squeaking noises. Whatever it was, it kinda sounded like a…mouse? Fluttershy gulped as the shadows took form in the shape of what looked like a large mouse with…a candy head? And…a nurse hat? Like Nurse Redheart? Whatever it was, it looked…

It looked CUTE.

Rainbow Dash stepped in front of her excited fillyhood friend, holding out a foreleg in front of her to block her way. “Sorry, Flutters…but I don’t think they’re the cuddly type.”

Fluttershy frowned at her friend until the two mares witnessed another creature approach them, dressed like a nurse, but it certainly was no pony, or even any creature she’d even recognized. However, the weird shape wasn’t the bad part.

This creature had a knife. And was ready to throw.

“RUN!” Rainbow Dash leaned to her friend’s side, forcing her to turn away from the creatures as the two mares started off into a full out gallop through the valley of sweet nightmares.

The nurse creature swung its um, whatever the long stick was towards them, a knife flying past Rainbow Dash’s head, slicing a few stray hairs in the process. Turning her head towards her friend, the cyan mare kept a good eye on her fillyhood friend. The last thing she wanted was for Fluttershy to get hurt. “Hang in there, Flutters! We haven’t lost it yet!”

Fluttershy whined in terror as another knife flew past her vision into the path ahead of them. Turning around the corner, she let out a gasp as more creature with knifes lowered down into her line of vision. Rainbow Dash led her from the creatures onto another path, this one being a bridge with falling pills all around.

How long had they been running?

Rainbow Dash grit her teeth as another knife flew and sliced a cut into her hind-leg. Not matter how many weird creatures chased them; she HAD to get Fluttershy to safety, even if it meant suffering a few blows herself!

Eventually, their gallop came to an end as they came into a wide open space, green candy platforms surrounding the whole area. Of course, there were cakes too. Rainbow Dash panted as she slowed her pace down into a trot. Looking behind her, Fluttershy was also trying to catch her breath. Then again, neither of them expected a long workout like that to happen.

“Did…Did we lose…them?” Fluttershy squeaked out as she lowered her head. Rainbow Dash sighed as she approached her tired friend. “…Maybe. I don’t hear any squeaking, at least…”

Looking around the wide area, Fluttershy then noticed a doll on top of one of the platforms, its eyes staring straight back at her. “R-Rainbow Dash…? Um, if you don’t mind me saying this…”

Rainbow Dash blinked as she turned to face her. “What is it, Flutters?”

“…Is that doll staring at…us?” She finished.

Rose eyes locking with the doll, Rainbow Dash narrowed her eyes. “…Oh yeah.” Turning her focus back towards her friend, her voice dropped down to a whisper. “…Let’s try and…sneak past it. If we don’t pay attention to it, it should just leave us alone.”

Fluttershy nodded silently as her eyes followed the doll’s. Normally she would’ve thought it cute, but with the treatment of the other strange creatures fresh in her mind, she didn’t want to chance it. Slowly following her friend’s crawl towards another platform, she couldn’t help but gulp at the thought of something that just occurred to her.

…Why wasn’t Rainbow Dash flying at all?

“…Umm, Rainbow…maybe you should, um, well…” She whispered as she approached her cyan-colored friend.

Rainbow Dash put a hoof to her muzzle. “…Not right now, Flutters. Talk later.” She whispered as she began to travel to the next platform.

According to where the doll was, they were almost halfway through the room and away from the doll. Fluttershy made it a note not to communicate with Rainbow unless it was absolutely necessary, so she usually just followed after her friend.

In fact, that’s what often happens…Rainbow would lead, and she would follow. Ever since fillyhood, Rainbow Dash had always been the one defending her honor.

Caught in her train of thoughts, she didn’t notice Rainbow calling her name.

In fact, the last thing she remembered registering was the large pair of teeth that filled her vision.

Author's Note:

Mares-a-Mares: Okay, so this is an idea I played with my sister when we were still getting into MLP. This is my first story to submit on Fimfiction, so any feedback and comments would be greatly appreciated.

Cliff-hangers are always fun, aren't they?