• Published 10th Aug 2014
  • 820 Views, 60 Comments

Fragmented Harmony - Mares-a-Mares



Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy end up in a world of wishes, witches, and magical girls. Can they return to their home?

  • ...
9
 60
 820

Chapter 14 - Pride

Drips of water echoed softly through the darkness as a strong hum rang through the air, the orange light from the farm pony’s Soul Gem pulsating strongly enough to cut through the shadows that hid from the day. It was nearby, she could feel it like an upcoming Cider Season line at the crack of dawn, just waiting for her to give it what for.

She didn’t really want to face that monster, Witch, whatever you call it…she didn’t wanna risk her life trying to get rid of it…but getting roped up in this contract business gave her no choice but to go after the darn thing. And now here she was, not even looking for Pinkie or Rarity…let alone Fluttershy or RD…why did things have to end up like this?

This was anything BUT her quest!

She reached a dead end down another flight of stairs before stopping short, the light keeping steady instead of pulsating as a haunting howl of wind softly brushed her legs. “…Ah think this is it. You feel that?”

The creature brushed by her leg before coming to a stop. “Indeed. It would be wise to transform now, before you enter inside the barrier. It is well established, after all, so at any second you could come across a Familiar.

Applejack nodded. “…R-Right, uh…lemme figure that one out real quick…” A previous conversation they shared last night revealed that a lot of this Magical Girl doohickey thing had something to do with the mind, so…maybe she just needed to will herself to uh…transform? Letting out a small but silent gulp, the farm pony pulled the Soul Gem to her chest as she closed her eyes, a wave of energy coursing through her as she felt a strange power beyond what she knew of the earth consume her, bathing her in an orange light similar to the light from her Soul Gem.

She felt a weird sensation as she was covered in magic, the Soul Gem in her hand reshaping as the clothes she used to wear were now covered in lights as they reformed into something else, her green and white shirt becoming a brown vest with a V-cut light tan colored top, while the belt that was around her waist turned gold with a shining orange oval jewel embedded into it and a pair of gloves dressed her hands. Her boots lost its apple pattern as they grew a bit short and angled in the back with a small zipper, becoming a more vibrant and deep milk chocolate brown. She felt a warm feeling as an orange light wrapped around her neck as a similar golden piece to the Element of Honesty donned her neck and connected to the edge of her top, the orange colored apple shimmering as the dirt and grime from her Stetson cleared away, the smooth leather hat crowning her head as she felt a ball of light covering her right hand.

The ball of light cleared away into shimmering blades of grass as she slowly opened her emerald green eyes, the light being replaced by the steel shape of a pistol gun that rested in her hold, her blue jean skirt turning into a soft earthy brown and shifting with each movement as she felt the energies surrounding her until she suddenly felt a release, and she was exposed to the darkness of the alleyways once more, her head woozy from all the magic exposure.

“…What the hay…Ah gotta deal with that each time?” She took a moment to look herself over, her eyes traveling from her boots up to her skirt, then to the gloves that clung to her. The leather texture felt smooth and foreign to the farm pony. They had nothing like this back at the farm, that’s for sure.

Finally her eyes set on the strange weapon that rested in her right hand hold. “…Wha…What in tarnation is this thing? Ah’ve never even touched this before!” Her eyes widened as a wave of anxiety coursed through her. “..What ever happened to a good ‘ol fashioned buck to the face?”

Kyuubey shook his head. “That alone would not be effective against a Witch. Besides, against this Witch, you will need the distance the pistol will give you. The Witch’s cry should have a radius to it, so if you keep your distance, you will most likely be fine.

Applejack frowned. “…Darn Fluff-tail. Why do ya gotta be right?” It didn’t feel right, leaving her traditional techniques…for some…thing she didn’t even know. It was called a ‘pistol’? What kind of weapon was a pistol? Why did she need range for it? Still, she couldn’t just be sitting here. “…If it manages to keep me safe enough…Ah guess Ah’d best give it a chance…but lemme try mah method first. Ah think Ah can take those dumb crayon familiars enough.”

The creature sighed. “That kind of reckless behavior would only take a toll on your Soul Gem. Are you willing to risk such a thing, no matter the consequences you would bring to yourself?

She wouldn’t let the Apple Family way go so easily. “…Ah’m sure.” Her emerald eyes narrowed into a glare as she faced the wall. “…Ah ain’t gonna forsake my family’s methods for some pistol or whatever. And Ah ain’t gonna run away this time. Ah know what to expect from it.”

She was determined to keep a part of herself, no matter what. That’s not gonna change, and she WILL keep her promise to Twilight. Now dressed in her armor, the farm pony reached a hand to touch the wall, causing it to ripple from the exposure to magic. Warranting a gasp from the blonde-haired Magical Girl, the ripples began to pull the wall apart as she was greeted with a shining and distorted sight of the Barrier she had once nearly faced death in, the abundance of Familiars that chased her littering the pathways on top of their weirdly designed rides.

Applejack gulped. “…Let’s get ‘em.” She broke into a run through the portal as the same strange rippling sensations from the other portal clouded her vision and making her head feel dizzy. Or at least, it was supposed to, but she didn’t feel any kind of impact from going through the crazy Barrier entrance. What the hay? Was there some kinda endurance thing that came with the lifetime servitude package? She’d have to ask that Flufftail later on, she supposed.

Right now she had a Witch to fight.

Her cowboy boots landed with a clack as she stood once more on that strange hard green surface, the crayons raining from the sky with small sparkles following its tail. Somehow the place seemed bigger the last time she was in here, but that probably had to do with trying to walk and run as a pony would, not as a human would, or whatever she was now. It certainly was no pony, and she felt taller than ever for some strange reason. Her emerald green eyes darted back towards the foreign object nestled in her grip for a moment, until she threw it to the side and it disappeared from her sight in a flash of orange light. She didn’t need some dumb ‘pistol’ to show these Familiars some hurt.

The strange shape swayed its tongue this way and that as it stayed still on the cannon, letting out some really annoying sounds as the farm pony clenched her teeth and tightened her fists. “Blehhhbloorrrbleehhh!” It cried out, alerting several other Familiars to rush to its side in a series of grunts as Applejack crouched into a position to dash.

She did. Her legs took her to great speeds as she jumped into the air and twisted her body with a leg stretched out as she tackled the nearest Familiar with a roundhouse kick, before greeting it with another swift punch and sending it into the floor with a huge impact, causing the Familiar to squeal in pain before it dispersed into little black balls of light and fading away.

“DADADADADADA!” Another Familiar launched several explosive nuggets her way as the farm pony was quick to dodge. It was strange; she didn’t feel nearly as exhausted as she did before trying to escape from these demons from Tartarus. With a grunt, the blonde-haired Magical Girl ducked down underneath the Familiar’s ride before punching underneath and sending it flying into the wall with a squeal while another Familiar rushed to intercept her with another round of nuggets. “DADADADADA!”

“Ah heard ya the first time, you dumb varmint!” She quickly ducked in order to avoid the explosives before jumping up into the air and sending another roundhouse kick to the Familiar and shooting it into the wall with a loud crash. These dumb things took about two hits to finish, and there were several of them! If she was going to get anywhere, she had to go to the same place she first thought was an exit: The hard green stairs somewhere in the maze. If she could get up there, she only had one more set of stairs to find, and then she’d finally be able to show that Doll Witch what she was made of!

If only she could take the dumb Familiars down sooner. But she wouldn’t resort to using that strange object. She didn’t even know how to use it, for starters. Jumping right into the unknown would just end up slowing her down. Besides, her methods were working just fine for these things!

Maybe it’d also work on that Witch. Narrowing her eyes, Applejack threw a kick into a Familiar in front of her to help cut a pathway as she sent it slamming against the wall, more Familiars trying to block her way as she sent a punch their way, another kick there; she was determined to take this place down with her own power alone. She didn’t need any ‘pistol’ to help with that!

She didn’t even think about the fact that Flufftail didn’t follow her into the Barrier.

---

“…Another Magical Girl contract? Yes, I thought I sensed one…” Tomoe Mami put a hand to her chin in a thought manner as she walked along the pathway of trees, the other three Magical Girl trailing behind her in silence. “It was sunset, right, Akemi-san?”

Homura nodded. “You plan to patrol the territory around this time, Tomoe-san. Perhaps you may be able to discover something in your hunt. If you do manage to encounter this other Magical Girl…try to figure out their motives. If we’re lucky we may gain another comrade for Walpurgisnacht.” She spoke in native tongue to the pegasi’s dismay.

The gold-locked Magical Girl nodded. “Mmm…in the meantime, perhaps you should take Dash-san and Fluttershy-san hunting on the other side of the territory. I will be looking nearby the city suburbs, so perhaps you could look nearby the busy streets and major highways?” Her lips curled into a grim smile. “It’s important we take care of them before anything major happens.”

The apathetic Magical Girl raised her right hand to flip her hair. “…I’ll see what I can do. I would try to keep an eye on Kyuubey’s activities. We shouldn’t receive so many Magical Girls to one territory or otherwise things will get dangerous quickly. Already we have five in one territory. While Mitakihara is a big city, it can’t be stretched too much more.”

Rainbow Dash frowned as she crossed her arms, the blouse feeling tight and constricting once more. “Hey, how are you gonna involve us if you use way too advanced Japanese on us? Like, hello! We gotta know stuff, too!”

Fluttershy nodded slowly. “If, um…you don’t mind, that is.”

Mami giggled at the two while Homura turned to face them with a tired sigh. “We are going hunting tonight nearby the busy streets and highways. Magical Girl numbers are increasing to dangerous levels. If it increases more, Mitakihara would not be able to handle all of us.” She twisted her dialect.

The prismatic Magical Girl winced while her fillyhood friend let out a whimper. “Sheesh, really…? How many do we have right now?”

Mami sighed. “…Currently…including our mystery Magical Girl…we have five. A city like Mitakihara…can probably handle six at the very most. Any more would risk our survival.”

Fluttershy lowered her head in uncertainty. “…Oh dear…what should we do? If we get even one more…”

A sudden wave of energy coursed through each of their minds as a foreign energy rang through, causing the four Magical Girls to wince in surprise. Homura held her head for a moment as her eyes slowly grew wide. It was sunset…and it was coming from the hospital…Her teeth clenched in frustration while the others girls shook out of their stupor.

Rainbow Dash rubbed her head. “Ooookay, what the hay was THAT?” She took a quick glance at Fluttershy who was also rubbing her head. “Home Run, know what that was about?”

Mami’s eyes grew wide. “…You don’t think…that energy…Miki-san?”

Homura frowned as she closed her eyes in exhaustion. Too many things were going on at once; how could she control them all? “…Yes, Miki Sayaka has just contracted. I suppose she has finally found her wish.” Now all she had to worry about was Madoka finding hers…

The cyan pegasus gulped. “…Doesn’t this take us to the utmost city limit?” Her magenta eyes met the golden eyes of the veteran who frowned with a grim expression.

“…Yes. Yes it does.” At this point, she could only hope that Kyuubey was willing to stop contracting enough for them to get things under control. With six Magical Girls in her territory, only strategy could help to preserve their survival if ever another Magical Girl appeared. “…I’ll be starting my patrol, now. Perhaps it is best to hold off on the hunt for one more day, Akemi-san. At the very least, we should try to avoid hunting at the same time.” The veteran started to walk down the path, widening the gap between her and her companions.

Homura frowned. “…Indeed…” While it was bothersome to have to alternate between shifts, it was probably the best course of action for them at the moment. None of the three had used their magic excessively, so they could wait one more day, but no more. They needed to hunt; otherwise their Souls Gems would corrupt over time. “…Let us return. Our Grief Seed supply is just fine for the evening.”

Fluttershy nodded as she started to follow the apathetic Magical Girl home, but stopped when she noticed her friend not right behind her. “Rainbow…are you coming?” Was something wrong?

Rainbow Dash held a small frown. “…Why don’t you guys go on ahead; I’ll catch up. I just wanna take a little breather for a bit.” Her lips curled into a small grin. Homura looked back to meet her magenta eyes with her own royal-blue, the two having a silent conversation without word or gesture. Finally, after a time, she closed her eyes.

“…If you insist. We’ll leave the door unlocked, in case you get bored. Come, Fluttershy.” Fluttershy glanced between her fillyhood friend and her mentor several times before turning to follow Homura without a word. What was Dashie up to that she would separate from the group?

“Um…Itarashyai (Have a good trip).” She whispered as they continued down the path, creating a bigger gap between her and her fillyhood friend.

The cyan pegasus watched them become specks in the shadows before taking a deep breath and turning to face the gradually approaching night sky. “…Princess Luna, what do I do? Fluttershy and I seem to be managing okay enough…but then all these crazy things keep happening!”

…The chilly breeze brushed through her prismatic hair as the skies brought nothing but light and silence.

“…I’m trying to stay strong…and I’m still loyal…but all this is just…the Japanese, the stupid uniform, the transformations, Cubes and his stupid antics…I’m even enrolled into school again, believe it or not!” She groaned.

The tree rustled with slight shifting movement in the silent night.

She let out a bitter laugh. “…Yeah, I thought you couldn’t hear me. This isn’t even your night, anyway.” She frowned before raising her arms into a stretch, the cream-colored blouse making it hard to fully free herself from all the stress.

“…Can’t even fly, because that’d waste magic…” She grumbled. “Well, guess I’d better catch up with the others. Not much else to do, right?”

The night sky remained still as the prismatic Magical Girl walked slowly, for once, down the path away from the trees that led to the school.

---

Tomoe Mami walked down through the dark and dank suburbs of Mitakihara City, her eyes focused on any sort of change in the pulsating of her glowing gold-yellow Soul Gem as she patrolled the area. So far she hadn’t found anything…but it looked like she was reaching what looked like progress as the brightness of her Soul Gem increased as she slowly approached what looked like an alleyway, with a rippling wall.

“…This is it.” Without a second thought, the veteran Magical Girl threw her Soul Gem to the air as a bright golden light surrounded her with flexible ribbons, causing her to be surrounded in an aura of radiating golden lights and dancing flowers at her feet. Where her shoes used to be now was replaced by brown and gold boots, and her tights replaced by gray striped stockings that clung to her thighs as she twirled, her cream-colored blouse being replaced by a white buttoned shirt and a golden skirt with brown lining, her red ribbon reforming into a gold-yellow ribbon that fastened around her neck and holding the collar of her shirt in place.

Her sleeves were shaped into puffy white separate sleeves as her hands were dressed in black half-gloves, her head being crowned with a hat that was decorated by a fluffy feather that also nestled her Soul Gem, now encased in a flower pattern hair pin. Finally, her waist was wrapped in red ribbons as a dark-colored corset clung with a white ribbon tied around and dangling from behind her dress. With a pose, Mami was released from the aura in a flash of yellow-gold light and was now re-exposed to the darkness emanating from the alleyway.
As she was about to approach the Barrier, she suddenly stopped short as she noticed already visible ripples in the Barrier.

“…Somone’s…already in this Barrier?” With a frown, the veteran slipped through the Barrier with ease as she was now exposed to the world of raining crayons and panicking Familiars.

Without another thought, the gold-locked Magical Girl held out a hand, where a pair of ribbons began to morph into a pastel grey musket with black designing and clenched it in her grip. Mami pulled the weapon towards her and swiftly shot the musket’s single round towards an approaching Familiar, sending it off course and flying haphazardly. She summoned another musket and shot the target once more, destroying it with practiced ease.

“Whoever managed to cause the Familiars to panic like this…they must be fighting recklessly if so many Familiars were left still alive. I need to hurry, before they’re finished by the Witch!” She cried out as she began to summon several muskets at a time to destroy at a faster pace.

---

“Gah!!!” Applejack cried out as she was hit by another round of nuggets before turning around and slamming her foot into the mischievous creature. “Stupid varmints!” While she may have felt just fine before, now fighting the Familiars were becoming a chore, and she still needed to find that stupid Witch!

Actually she did find the Witch – she was inside the dome with the black sky, and she had managed to attack most of the Familiars…but before she could tackle the Witch itself, the stupid monster decided it wanted to play Hide and Seek with her! Then while she was trying to find the dumb thing, each and every Familiar just had to step in her way!

The freckled Magical Girl panted out of exhaustion. “Ah…ain’t gonna use no…dumb…pistol!” Why was she suddenly feeling so weak? It was like the time she decided to buck the entire Apple Orchard of its apples without help that one time…! Each time she took a tree down, it felt easy at first, but now even throwing a kick felt like a chore too much…

At this rate…she’d end up running away again…but she couldn’t do that! She needed to take down that stupid Witch, no matter what! She needed to show she wasn’t a coward! If the stupid Familiars would stop getting in her way, she’d greatly appreciate it! She let out a grunt as she sent another Familiar into the wall with a strong kick, the Doll Witch continuing to hide itself behind a batch of blocks. It didn’t do that last time…maybe it knew she was a threat this time?

Applejack felt the exhaustion overtake her as she slumped to the ground, bruises and scrapes all over her body from her long and drawn out fight. “Ugh…maybe…maybe that Flufftail was right…” She couldn’t let herself be defeated now…not when she was so close…

The Familiars gave no mercy as another one appeared before her with its tongue sticking out. “Uuugggblehhbleehh!” It cried out in mockery as the farm pony struggled to pick herself up, a wave of frustration causing her to clench her teeth. “Ah’m…gettin’ sick…and tired…of you…” She groaned as she forced herself back up to her feet, legs rather wobbly. Ignoring the pain, she threw another powerful kick to crush it into the wall, causing the Familiar to disperse into nothing.

With that out of the way, now she needed to take down that Witch. Looking around the other blocks, her emerald eyes narrowed in hatred at the empty doll-like eyes that watched her from its sanctuary of a bunch of foal’s building blocks. Without a second thought, Applejack threw a punch at the Witch through the gap in the stacked blocks causing it to jump back in surprise before disappearing from its hiding spot back into the open.

Turning back around to the center of the room, the farm pony clenched her teeth as she took in every detail of the monster that almost took her life. She could barely stand…how was she going to take down the Witch for good? If she stood around, eventually it’d go back into hiding, and she’d be at square one again…

As much as she hated to admit it, the Apple Family’s ways weren’t helping her to survive…but it was all she had left to herself…she wasn’t an earth pony anymore…and she ended up getting wrapped up in a lifetime servitude thing and breaking her promise…how could she still call herself Applejack?

The Doll Witch let out a heavy cry, causing the farm pony to wince as she took the blow, but it wasn’t nearly as bad as before, because she wasn’t in full range of the blast…but if she tried to kick or punch it, she’d be in range. That cry caused her to become extremely weak last time…she couldn’t even move…what kind of damage would it do to her as a Magical Girl?

In the state she was in…She gasped as the Doll Witch began to approach her without a sound, slowly closing the gap between them and causing her to back into the wall of blocks. No good…at this rate…she groaned as she felt a wave of exhaustion force her to bend down as the Witch kept its approach.

If it cried now…she wouldn’t be able to escape it…Consarn it, why the hay was she feeling so weak all of a sudden?! She grunted to try and shift her body away from the impending doom, but the lack of strength was taking a huge toll on her. Why? She was feeling pretty powerful before!

She winced as she saw the Witch starting to put its hands to its eyes, a growing fear in her eyes. It was gonna---!

“…TIRO FINALE!” A bell-like voice cried out as a massive blast of golden light shot right in front of the farm pony and rammed into the Doll Witch, canceling its offensive cry as it was sent into another wall of blocks just to the side of the blonde-haired Magical Girl, her emerald eyes wide in shock as she tried to back-track what exactly just happened. “…H-Huh…? W-Wha…”

The bell-like voice cried out again in a strange sound rather similar to the city she was trapped in, sounding full of worry, and…was that concern? Applejack continued to sit there in a stupor as the Doll Witch shook itself and recovered from the blast as it sways forward back into a standing position. Several other golden lights started to attack the Witch as the same bell voice continued to cry at her to do something…something important…But no matter what, she couldn’t understand it…

Please, save yourself and come over this way!

Applejack gasped as she forced herself to follow the source of the defending lights without being hit by them, panting as she met the gold-yellow eyes of another strange human with some sort of ringlets in her hair, slowly but surely widening the gap between her and the Doll Witch that was forced back against the wall of blocks.

The gold-yellow human gave another cry of concern as she pulled Applejack closer to her, pulling out what looked like a spiky black ball…It wasn’t anything she had ever seen before…but the human promptly put the spiky ball to her necklace, a mist of blackness traveling as she was pushed to the side and was now holding the spiky ball to herself while the same human pulled out several strange objects and faced the Doll Witch from a great distance.

Applejack groaned as she slowly started to feel her strength come back to her, her emerald eyes taking in the strange gold-yellow warrior as she shot several golden blasts with a bell-like cry, and eventually her eyesight started to become distorted as her eyes grew heavy, or was that just the area around her…? The crayon and the blocks started to disappear and the alleyway where she had entered in the nightmare from appeared once more. Either way, she wasn’t sure what to think…she was tired, and she guessed…that this strange human fought the Witch and saved her.

“Ah…Ah was…” She breathed as she slumped against one of the walls, the gold-yellow warrior picking up what looked like another black spiky ball. “…Thanks a bunch…sugarcube.”

Mami gave a deep sigh as she stared at the Grief Seed. She had to use up one for this poor Magical Girl…and even now it looked like she needed medical attention. Against her original plan, she may have to use her healing spell to help her…since it seemed like she didn’t regenerate very fast…Perhaps a result of her wish?

She turned around to meet the Magical Girl. Most likely this was the one they sensed at sunset the day before. “…I am Tomoe Mami, and you are?” She gave a soft smile towards the girl; she had an interesting hat.

Applejack frowned at the bell-like voice. “…Uh…say what now?” It looked like the human wanted to talk to her…but then why wasn’t it speaking Equestrian? It did so before, didn’t it?

The gold-yellow Magical Girl blinked. “E-Eh? Eegou (English)?” She blurted out. Why was there a sudden increase in English-speaking Magical Girls? Unless…

“…Let…me start over. I am Tomoe Mami. You may call me Mami.” She twisted her tongue to the Magical Girl’s surprise since she dropped her jaw. “…What is your name?”

Applejack shook her head before grinning in relief. “So you DO speak Equestrian! Land sakes, I thought Ah’d never get through to anyone here!” The gold-yellow Magical Girl blinked for a moment before giving a soft sigh. “…I am Mami. What is your name?”

The farm pony blinked. “…Mami? Like Mommy? Ah’m Applejack! Pleased to meet you!” She promptly took the other girl’s hand and shook it firmly, several times.

Mami gasped as she tried to shake some feeling into her hand. “…Applejack-san. I see.” A thought came to her mind. Didn't she say something akin to 'Equestrian'? “…If by chance, do you know Dash-san and Fluttershy-san?”

The blonde-haired Magical Girl couldn’t believe her eyes. “…You know where RD and Fluttershy are?!” She cried out, causing the other to yelp in surprise before settling down. “…Uh…sorry ‘bout that, sugarcube…Heh…um…” She looked to the side for a moment before regaining her composure. “…Can you take me to them?”

The gold-yellow Magical Girl blinked for a moment before nodding. “Mnn, I can do that. They are currently staying with Akemi-san, so…please follow me!” She held out a hand for the farm pony to take before she managed to help Applejack back to her feet. “…Applejack-san…your hands…are really strong.”

Applejack blinked before looking at her free hand. Strange…did some of her earth-pony strength stay with her? How about nurturing the earth? Could she do that here, too? “…Thanks…” She breathed out as they stepped up the stairs and away from where the Barrier used to be. “…What kind of weapon were you using, anyway?”

Mami blinked before smiling softly. “…I use ribbons, and form them into muskets. The muskets are good for stronger attacks.”

The pistol came to mind. “…See, Ah have a weapon…but Ah’m so used to just using mah legs to buck something…I don’t know how to use it.” In fact, if she tried using the pistol, she probably could’ve avoided half the injuries she suffered. “And Ah’ve never even touched a pistol before…”

Mami paused for a moment to try and translate. “…Mmm…I use a musket…so maybe I could help you with your pistol?” She didn’t mind taking on another Kouhai (Student or Underclassman)…if Applejack-san didn’t mind the idea. Besides, meeting her meant that they could better control the Witch levels…even if she was an extremely reckless fighter, and stubborn to boot…

And then there was Miki-san’s contract to worry about…she’ll need someone experienced to guide her, now that she found her wish…

…What did she get herself into?

---

Rainbow Dash slowly opened the door to Homura’s apartment as she dropped her school bag to the floor. The day turned out to be rather long, and now their survival was threatened by how many of them there were…just who was the Magical Girl who contracted at sunset the day before? And what kind of person were they? Why the hay was Equestrian magic leaking into the place to begin with? Or was it always leaking? Was that how she and Fluttershy managed to get wrapped up in this mess in the first place? It didn’t make any sense…

Her eyes looked up to meet the gaze of her fillyhood friend. “…Tadaima (I’m home), Flutters...Did Home Run get something to eat that wasn’t bland or meat today?”

Fluttershy gave a soft smile as she held up a bowl of steamed rice. “Actually, Miss Homura took her meal into her room; she said she had something to think over. Something about being a week late, I think…”

Magenta eyes blinked. “Wait, what’s late?”