• Published 8th Aug 2014
  • 1,461 Views, 7 Comments

Prophecy From the Future - NgKQ



Somepony arrives from the future to warn Equestria on an upcoming apocalypse!

  • ...
8
 7
 1,461

Chapter 7

For the rest of the day, the whole group was busier than usual, thanks to Melody. She readily and kindly helped out Twilight and her friends, making things easier.

That evening, before dinner, Shining Armor announced them some news.

“I have received a visit from some mysterious stranger,” told Shining Armor. “She claims that she has some trading to do.”

“Then what are we gonna do?” asked Spike.

“Alright, listen,” began Shining Armor. “Cadance and I will do the deal. She might appear like a mystery mare so if you begin to feel anything suspicious about her, try to tackle her.”

“Understood,” said Twilight.

“Roger!” complied Rainbow Dash.

Sure enough, two hours later the mysterious visitor arrived, and she covered herself well, as Shining Armor expected. Twilight and her friends hid behind a wall, paying attention to the conversation.

“Uh…” Spike was getting impatient. “When can we get started?”

“Calm down, Spike,” advised Twilight. “We can’t just rush in like that.”

From the distance…

“What do you want?” demanded Shining Armor.

“Oh,” said the mysterious mare. “I want nothing. I just wanted to make a deal between you two.”

“What’s the deal?” asked Princess Cadance.

“I would like to, err…” she paused for a moment. “… sell a bit of supplies here.”

“Why should you sell them?” asked Shining Armor.

“Ah…” the mare continued. “I was getting cash for my funds…”

“What funds?” asked Cadance.

“Funds to start your empire?” interrupted Rarity as the main characters, with Flash Sentry broke in.

“Oh!” exclaimed the mare. “Who are you ponies?”

“You want to know?” said Spike. “These ponies represent the Elements of Harmony, and we’ve got one princess from the future who’s here to stop an empire from forming!”

“Oh, how do you know about that plan?”

“Aha!” cried Rainbow Dash. “So you admitted, huh? Show yourself already!”

The mare could see that everypony was prepared. “You want to know? Well then…”

“Take this!” Melody fired a blow towards the mare, and she dodged, at the same time, discarding her cape.

Everypony now turned ashen-faced.

“It’s her! Queen Myra!” exclaimed Melody.

Queen Myra stood as a black Alicorn, with evil-looking fangs. Her cutie mark was barely visible due to her dark fur color.

“So you’re the one who made Melody’s life miserable!” revealed Applejack.

“That lil’ Melody, huh?” said the Queen. “I desire anything I want in the world! Nothing! Nopony can ever stop me from ruling Equestria in my own dark age!”

“Oh you think so!?” exclaimed Pinkie Pie.

“We won’t let you lay your hooves on Equestria!” protested Twilight.

“Is that so?” Just then, another Myra appeared, but this Myra was slightly older.

“Th… there’s two of them?!” exclaimed Twilight.

“That other one’s the future one!” said Melody.

“It seems you two have formed an alliance, huh?” asked Shining Armor.

“True, my Lord,” the future Myra said. “I tracked Melody back down to the past, and I was able to find my counterpart! Together we tried to achieve our own goal!”

“You really think you can conquer Equestria while Melody, her mom and her friends have a strong spirit of friendship and love?” asked Princess Cadance.

“Friendship? And love? Hah! Such ridiculous stuff! I don’t care much about these! It’s all child’s talk!”

“Enough of you! Get lost before we have the power to summon Princess Celestia!” argued Flash Sentry.

“Well I don’t think so…” the present Myra said before launching a blast towards the group. All managed to evade in time.

“Grr…!” growled Fluttershy. “Now you’re pissing us!”

Present Myra turned to the future one. “I’ll get my tail out of here. You deal with these toys.” With that she escaped into the night sky.

“Come back here!” Rainbow Dash rushed to chase her, escaping from Applejack’s tail bite, but bumped into a barrier Future Myra had set up.

“You’re going to face me, fellas,” challenged Future Myra.

“Let’s!” responded Twilight.

“ATTACK!!!” commanded Shining Armor.

At once a heated battle raged on. The queen proved to be almost immortal to the friends, but Twilight, Melody, Shining Armor and Princess Cadance were able to attack her, bit by bit by using their magic. At certain points, she summoned her minions, but they all managed to repel them.

“Is that all?” asked Princess Cadance after the third wave of minions.

“Well, I guess not…” Without warning, she readied a blast and aimed towards Twilight. Twilight was exhausted and could not act longer. Just as Future Myra fired her blast, Melody pushed her mom out of her way and took the blow.

Everypony all watched in horror.

“Melody!” cried Twilight.

“Hah! This is my technique that nopony can avoid this!” boasted Myra. “Once she’s caught in that, she’s doomed!”

“We’ve had had enough!” shouted Spike.

“Hahahaha! Really?”

“We’re all mad now!” said Twilight, enraged. “Everypony, wear these!” She took out the Elements of Harmony and gave them to her friends.

“The Elements of Harmony, huh? Such useless junk.”

“Your strength is now weakened all because of your summonings and your attacks,” said Shining Armor. “It’s low enough for the Elements of Harmony to destroy you!”

“What…!?”

Before Myra knew it, Twilight and her friends aimed and readied the power of the Elements of Harmony towards her. With a blast, and then a scream, Future Myra was destroyed.

After that, everypony rushed towards Melody, lying hapless and unconscious. Shining Armor and Princess Cadance examined her condition.

“It’s no use,” said Shining Armor at last. “Melody couldn’t survive at this rate.”

Twilight and her friends’ faces turned to shock, then to sadness.

“Melody…” sobbed Twilight, kneeling before her. “I didn’t expect that…! Why? Why!?”

“Oh, mom,” Melody regained consciousness. “I know that feeling, right? Dying for the sake of somepony…”

“You’re not afraid of this?” asked Rarity.

“Heh heh… of course not!” replied Melody, rather weak. “Your spirit of friendship taught me… how to care for others…”

“But… you haven’t told us what would we be in the future!” said Rainbow Dash.

“Oh, you wanted to know, huh?” began Melody. She turned to Twilight and Flash Sentry first. “I have a brother, who cares about me greatly, and dearly loves me. He was almost like Uncle Shiny… like how he did to you, mom…”

Twilight and Flash looked to each other’s eyes, unsure.

“Pinkie Pie, as I said, you’re forever a happy-go-lucky to everypony. Your children will have your traits as well.”

Pinkie Pie couldn’t laugh, she just stared at her in tears.

“You’re another great parental figure, Applejack. Your kids will grow to have artistic talents!”

“Huh?” asked Applejack, unsure.

“Rarity, your fashions had made me awesome, even at the Grand Galloping Gala! Your children will pass on this talent…”

“What?”

“Fluttershy, he has totally changed in my own time, although it took a long time for everypony to accept him. Your kids will inherit your traits, and they have the potential to use his power!”

“???”

“Rainbow Dash, your flyings are awesome. So awesome that your dream has come true. In fact your children will have your personality, but I don’t mind… The way you taught me how to fly was wonderful…”

“Who was that?”

“Uncle Shiny and Aunt Cadance, again you’re one of the best relatives I’ve ever had! Your kid even loves me well…”

“Who is she talking… about?” asked Princess Cadance.

“What about me?” asked Spike. “Do you seem to have forgotten me?”

“Oh, Spike,” laughed Melody. “How could I ever forget about you? Since everypony loves you, even if you grow up, nopony would be afraid of you. They may make you as their guardian…”

“Is that all?” asked Twilight.

“I guess… it is,” finished Melody. “Don’t be sad. After all, all your memories of me will be with you all forever.” Her body began to fade.

“Melody, don’t go!” pleaded Twilight.

“No, I won’t,” she said. “It’s about time that we meet again in a few years. Goodbye…” With these words she vanished, never to be heard or seen again.

Soon the entire group was in tears.

“Duh… I hate it!” sobbed Rainbow Dash. “Why do I always have to be down by somepony!?”

“She… can’t… go… like that…” wailed Fluttershy as Rarity hugged her.

“Oh, dear,” Shining Armor lost his stallion pride and he cried in Princess Cadance’s embrace.

Only Flash Sentry remained calm. “Calm down, everypony. I think I got what she meant.”

“Huh?”

“Because technically,” explained Flash. “She wasn’t really leaving us.”

“What do you mean?” asked Spike.

“Look, since the one who left us was her future self, we can see her born again in a couple of years!”

“You’re right!” said Twilight brightly. “But I wonder if…”

“Don’t mention it!” chuckled Flash.

“How about those things she said?” asked Princess Cadance. “Like our future kid?”

“About that,” resumed Flash. “You guys have to figure it yourselves.”

“But what about her mission?” asked Applejack. “She came here to change her future.”

“I think,” continued Flash. “She has passed it. The future should change dramatically by now.”

“Maybe,” agreed Pinkie Pie. “But the other Queen Myra’s still here!”

“True,” said Shining Armor. “Even though we’ve helped somepony, we still can’t let our spirits down!”

“I agree with this,” replied Twilight.

“You all are so tired out,” said Princess Cadance. “Have a rest, and you may return to Canterlot tomorrow.”

“Alright, then,” said Applejack.

Author's Note:

Edit 1/10/2016: Fixed the ending. I felt the original one too silly XP