• Published 8th Aug 2014
  • 1,460 Views, 7 Comments

Prophecy From the Future - NgKQ



Somepony arrives from the future to warn Equestria on an upcoming apocalypse!

  • ...
8
 7
 1,460

Chapter 6

Author's Note:

If anyone hates the Flash Sentry X Twilight Sparkle ship, please refrain from reading :)

After about an hour walking through the snow, the friends finally arrived at the Crystal Empire. Soon they had sweet memories of how they rescued it from King Sombra, and how they enjoyed the Equestria Games.

“Wow…” gasped Melody. “It’s so… beautiful.”

“You never came here before?” asked Fluttershy.

“I came here for a mission back in my own time,” said Melody. “But I was focused on Queen Myra that I couldn’t have time to admire that!” Then she began to look distressed again as her painful memories returned.

“Don’t be sad!” cheered Spike. “We’re not in a hurry or something, now you can relax and enjoy the view!”

“Meh, I know, right?” asked Melody, trying to smile. “You’re always the best entertainer to me, Spike.”

Spike could only blush.

They walked through the streets past shops and buildings until they reached the palace.

When they reached the door, Shining Armor was there, greeting for them.

“Twily!” called Shining Armor. “Glad that you all have made it!”

“It’s a lot of drama, BBBFF,” replied Twilight, hugging him. “Where’s Cadance?”

“Right there.”

“Twilight! I’m so happy to see you,” cried Princess Cadance, and together, they did their special hoof-shake.

“Wow…” cheered Melody with delight. “That one was fun!”

Shining Armor noticed Melody. “Who are you?”

“Oh, that?” replied Twilight. “She’s my daughter from the future, Melody Aurora!”

Both the couple could not believe their ears.

“The… future?” asked a puzzled Shining Armor.

“I am, Uncle Shiny,” replied Melody.

“You called me… Shiny!?”

Princess Cadance on the other hand wasn’t surprised. “Melody… it’s a beautiful name!” She proceeded towards Melody.

“Aunt Cadance, you look so young,” complimented Melody, and they both hugged.

“Of course you’re in the past!” laughed Cadance. “Do we look that old?”

“I just can’t believe it!” said Shining Armor to Twilight from afar. “I was looking at my own future niece!”

“You must be in your own imagination, Shining Armor,” smiled Twilight cheekily.

At that moment the guard Flash Sentry came in.

“Your Majesty,” he announced. “I am here to report that-”

“Dad!” cried Melody and she ran to Flash, knocking him over. “You’re so young, dad.” She hugged him tightly.

“Dad!?” cried Twilight with shock.

Flash was rendered dumbfounded. “I’m your… father?”

“You’re handsome,” complimented Melody. “And strong!”

Flash managed to get back up and looked at the group. He could see Twilight blushing.

“Err, well…” stammered Twilight to him. “I feel that we somehow… have a connection already…”

“Don’t be shy!” said Flash. “This is life, after all!”

“Alright then,” announced Shining Armor. “Since we all gathered here, let’s try to start some discussion!”

“Right!” said the main characters.

“But first, how about some place for them to stay?” suggested Princess Cadance.

“Yeah, right!” said Shining Armor. “I almost forgot! Come on, Twily! I’ll show you your rooms.”

“On my way, BBBFF!”

*~*~*~*

For the next few hours, everypony tried to do some research on the solution.

“Hey Melody. You think you can come assist us for a moment?” asked Twilight.

“No thanks, mom. I’ll go to the library. Maybe there’s some more clue.”

“Well we might need your…” Before Twilight could finish, she closed the door and left the room. “*sigh* She’s been like that to me a few times!”

“Not just only you, Twi,” said Applejack. “She’s been avoiding me as well.”

“And me, too!” added Pinkie Pie. “There must be something wrong with her!”

“We’ve got to find out why she keeps avoiding us!” said Rainbow Dash.

“You’re right!” agreed Spike. “We can’t just let this go on.”

“I’ll try ask my brother for some help,” said Twilight. “Or maybe Cadance. They’ll know what to do.”

At dinnertime, as all sat in a large table, Melody just isolated herself, sitting at somewhere else.

“Weird,” said Shining Armor. “I wonder why she’s behaving like that.”

“That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you, Shining Armor!” said Twilight. “You’ve got to help me find out from her!”

“Don’t worry Twilight,” said Princess Cadance. “We’ll try to convince her.”

Later, when the characters tried to settle themselves down in their rooms, Shining Armor and Princess Cadance went to check out their conditions.

“Looking good?” They would ask and they gave positive feedback.

“I think it’s time we look for her now,” said Princess Cadance. “Since they’ve all settled themselves.”

“Yeah, let’s go.”

They went to Melody’s room and found her trying to read a book to kill time.

“Hi Melody,” greeted Princess Cadance. “Trying to occupy yourself?”

“Yeah, sort of,” she replied rather cold.

“Can we all talk for a moment?” said Shining Armor gently.

Melody put down her book and turned to the couple.

“Now then, dear,” began Cadance. “Who was your favorite pony back in your world?”

Melody paused for a moment, then responded. “Everypony. Everypony was awesome! I liked them very much. I didn’t care if they did wrong or right. They’re still my friends, after all.”

“What do you think about us?” asked Shining Armor.

“You all?” said Melody. “You’re one of my favorite relatives, Uncle Shiny and Aunt Cadance. Both of you seem to care about me when I’m down.”

“And how about your mom?” continued Cadance. “Do you have a grudge against her?”

Melody was shocked. “Grudge? No, no, no! I don’t rebel mom! She’s wonderful! I love her, like any mom across Equestria!” She hesitated for a moment. “Mom asked you two to find out what’s wrong with me, right?”

“We wanted to know,” explained Cadance. “Why you seem to avoid and ignore your mom and her friends like they never existed.”

“Because…” she hesitated. “Because they all no longer existed in my own time. They all died, died in the hooves of Myra!”

“I see,” said Shining Armor. “So Queen Myra has the power to control all of Equestria?”

“Yes, and I want to treasure and appreciate them badly. I don’t want to lose them again.” She finished with watery eyes. “I told Princess Celestia back in my own time that I want to change the future, so I mastered the time travel skill. When I arrived at your time, I almost got killed, but mom and her friends saved me!”

“You poor kid,” said Princess Cadance. “Looks like you suffered enough. You really deserve some affection.” And she hugged a sobbing Melody. Shining Armor joined the hug, too. That night, they learned a lot about her.

The next morning, the group meet up again.

“Melody loves you all so much,” explained Princess Cadance. “She doesn’t want to risk losing her beloved ones again.”

“Really?” asked Twilight, amazed.

“I’m sorry, mom,” apologized Melody.

“It’s okay, Melody,” forgave Twilight. “After all, we’re the assets for the future of Equestria!”

“You don’t have to worry!” encouraged Flash Sentry. “We’re still the same part from your own time!”

With that, the whole family of three, consisting Flash Sentry, Twilight Sparkle and Melody Aurora went into a hug.

“Okay,” beamed Twilight. “Let’s do this!”

“Alright!” everypony said in unison and put their hooves together.

“Together, Equestria is in our hooves,” concluded Shining Armor.