• Published 8th Aug 2014
  • 1,460 Views, 7 Comments

Prophecy From the Future - NgKQ



Somepony arrives from the future to warn Equestria on an upcoming apocalypse!

  • ...
8
 7
 1,460

Chapter 5

A week had passed since Fluttershy told Rarity and Sweetie Belle about Melody’s secret that she was Twilight’s daughter. For the whole time, they had promised not to let the cat out of the bag to everypony else in Ponyville.

Then, suddenly, Twilight gathered her friends for an emergency meeting.

“Princess Celestia has sent me a letter,” explained Twilight. “She needs all of us to see her immediately.”

“Something important?” asked Melody.

“Not pretty sure,” replied Applejack. “But we’d better get there fast!”

“Absolutely!” agreed Rarity.

They reached the train station at Canterlot, where a guard was waiting for them, and escorted them to see Princess Celestia.

“I have warned all of Equestria about this upcoming threat,” began Princess Celestia. “All the town leaders have seemed to take this matter seriously, summarizing from what they have replied.”

“Phew!” sighed Rainbow Dash.

“Also,” continued Princess Celestia. “Shining Armor has replied to me from the Crystal Empire that he had been reported of unusual sightings around the Crystal Empire.”

“This is bad,” gasped Twilight.

“That must mean that…” Fluttershy began.

“… the age of Queen Myra is beginning!” finished Applejack. Rarity fainted.

“You all should head to the Crystal Empire immediately and try to help what Shining Armor and Princess Cadance tells you all,” Princess Celestia explained to them what to do.

“Roger that, Princess!” said Rainbow Dash.

“About that invasion in Ponyville a month ago,” continued Princess Celestia. “Melody Aurora, I would like to give you words of praises upon your quick actions. Your power has somewhat saved Ponyville from destruction.”

“My pleasure, Princess,” replied Melody, smiling weakly.

“Oh, one more thing!” Suddenly, Princess Luna entered with a box.

“Good job, little sister,” Celestia took the box from Luna, then gave it to Twilight. “Take the Elements of Harmony with you. They should come in handy in the event of an emergency.”

“Got it, Princess Celestia. Thanks!” said Twilight.

“Off you go,” Princess Celestia saw them off. “There’s no time to lose. Good luck.”

Outside the castle…

“Do you really think you can tell mom?” asked Melody to Fluttershy out of earshot of everypony. “Mom doesn’t seem to suspect me further at all.”

“I can’t tell them yet!” said Fluttershy. “Otherwise I don’t know what would happen next!”

“Hey! What are you two doing?” called Twilight. “Hurry up!”

“Oh, alright! We’re coming.”

No sooner they were in the train bound for the Crystal Empire. Along the journey Pinkie Pie tried to entertain them, but they responded with little enthusiasm.

“There’s no time for jokes!” Rarity said at last.

“C’mon! I know everypony’s in a serious mood, but I can’t help to cheer everyone!” Pinkie bounced up and down.

“Shut up, Pinkie! I’m trying to look at the scenery!” scolded Applejack.

“Oops, sorry,” apologized Pinkie, and sat down quietly, thinking about Melody who all the time, was totally quiet.

“Good thing she needs some peace,” said Twilight to Rainbow Dash, who was beside her.

“You’re right, Twilight,” said Rainbow Dash. “I think I’ll go find her for a moment.”

She found her sitting at the front of the coach.

“Hey Melody,” greeted Rainbow Dash. “Mind if I ask you something?”

“Go ahead, but watch what you ask,” she said sternly.

“Are you so popular to the foals back in your time?” began Rainbow Dash.

“Huh?”

“From what happened to you just before that invasion,” continued Rainbow Dash. “I can imagine that around ten to twenty foals crowd you!”

“You idiot! I’m not that kind of mare!” protested Melody. “I could say, you’re almost like Greenie.”

“Greenie?” asked a puzzled Rainbow Dash. “Who is that?”

“She’s um… nothing.”

Rainbow stared at her with an annoyed face.

“Uh, well, she’s a relative of yours!”

“What relative?”

Before Melody could answer, all of a sudden the train jerked to a halt.

“W-what’s going on!?” exclaimed Spike, clinging onto Twilight.

Then the conductor announced through the speakers.

“Fillies and gentlecolts,” went the announcement. “We are sorry to say that the locomotive has broken down. Please wait patiently while we are doing the repairs.”

“Duh!” cried Rarity. “What are we to do now?”

“Never mind, we’re almost there,” said Twilight. “We can just get to there by foot!”

“What about our tickets?” asked Spike.

“Don’t worry, they’ve been checked!” said Applejack. “C’mon!”

They all alighted the train and headed towards the Crystal Empire.

“Hurry! We can just do it!” encouraged Twilight, galloping through the thick snow.

But they then had the shock of their lives.

“What? Myra’s minions!?” cried Rainbow Dash.

“It must be the sightings that Shining Armor reported!” exclaimed Twilight.

“We’d better finish them all!” concluded Rainbow Dash. “I’m gonna kick your butt!”

Instantly the main characters battled with the minions. However, there seemed to be no end to the army.

“This is tiring!” cried Applejack.

“Isn’t there anything else we can do?” inquired Rarity.

“Yes,” said Twilight suddenly. “I have the Elements of Harmony!”

“Oh, really?” cried Pinkie. “Give them to us!”

“No need to,” interrupted Melody. “I’ll finish them all!”

“But…” began Spike.

“Trust me, it’ll be alright,” reassured Melody. She turned to Twilight. “Cast some protection over me!”

Hesitating for a second, Twilight then casted a barrier around Melody while she prepared her attack. For a moment her horn glowed. Then, just like previously, she unleashed her blast, wiping out all the minions without a trace.

All were taken aback by surprise.

“Wow! You did it again, Melody!” cheered Pinkie, but she was solemn.

“So that’s how you defeated the enemies from Ponyville?” asked Rarity.

“Yeah.”

“I’m pretty amazed on you, Melody,” complimented Twilight. “Your magic’s even better than I thought!”

But Melody remained silent.

“Melody? Is there something wrong with you?” asked Twilight, puzzled. “You seem to act strange. Besides, you look almost like I do.”

“I… I…” Melody tried to tell the truth, but failed. “*sigh* I can’t get them out. You go, Fluttershy and Rarity.”

All eyes now turned to the duo.

“Well?” said Rainbow Dash.

“Fluttershy,” asked Twilight sternly. “Since you’re the one who offered a place to sleep for Melody, do you have anything you know about her?”

“Actually, Twilight,” revealed Fluttershy. “Melody is… your daughter.”

“Huh!?” All faces turned from demanding to shock.

“She is your daughter who might inherit the spirit of friendship,” elaborated Rarity.

Twilight couldn’t believe her ears. “My daughter?” She turned to Melody, now embarrassed. “You’re my daughter!?” She nodded, feeling ashamed.

“No wonder she looks almost like Twilight!” exclaimed Rainbow Dash before proceeding to say “omigosh” several times.

“And the way she came to this time…” paused Pinkie Pie for a moment, remembering the time when she and Twilight tried to stop an apocalypse.

“This is ridiculous!” blurted Spike. “Why didn’t you tell us earlier, Melody?”

“I… I…” stammered Melody. “I don’t want to be a burden to you all.”

“Why would you give us a burden, Sugarcube?” asked Applejack. “We’re best friends! We help anypony in trouble!”

“Alright, guys. Enough speculating,” said Twilight. “Come on, Melody, give your mom a hug.”

For a moment, Melody hesitated. When Twilight opened her hooves for her, she rushed into her, now sobbing uncontrollably, with their wings embracing each other.

“Mom…!” cried Melody all over and over. “I was trying to save all of you…”

“You poor girl,” comforted Twilight. “Your future time must be hard, huh?”

“Indeed,” answered Melody. “Nearly all my friends have died. You just mysteriously disappeared!”

“Serious!?” exclaimed Rainbow Dash, shocked to know about her fate.

“Is that so?” asked Twilight, with determination. “Then thanks for all of your warnings. We’ll know what to do!”

“Really?”

Pinkie Pie who had been crying all the time suddenly brightened up. “Hey, you know what this calls?” she said. “PARTY TIME!!!”

“Heh-heh,” giggled Melody at last. “You’re just the same as in my own time, Pinkie Pie.”

“Phew!” sighed Fluttershy with relief. Melody just winked at her.

“Now that we’ve known everything,” announced Twilight. “It’s time to save the future!”

“Right!”

Twilight stretched out her hoof, followed by Fluttershy, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie and then Spike’s claw.

Melody hesitated, but with Twilight and her friends looking at her, full of hope, she too, put her hoof on Spike’s claw.

“Let’s do this!” beamed Twilight.

“We won’t let you down, buddy!” cheered Rainbow Dash.

Melody then felt touched. “Thank you… thank you!” She shed tears of happiness.

“Alright then,” said Twilight. “Let’s go!”

With the secret of Melody revealed, and their spirits full of hope, they continued rushing towards the Crystal Empire.