• Published 3rd Aug 2014
  • 3,517 Views, 138 Comments

Angel - Sugarcube66



Fluttershy finds a newborn in a basket on her doorstep. So she takes it in and names her Timid Butterfly but what if there was something more to this foal.

  • ...
12
 138
 3,517

Friends and the doctors

Fluttershy's first intention was the visit her childhood friend Rainbow Dash first but she slowly changed her mind to the idea of going to see Rarity since she was the closest first. So, carrying the basket she slowly walked to Rarity's Boutique. The Boutique had only just opened considering the fact of how early it was.

She gently pushed the door open with her hoof and walked in, cautiously looking around for the white unicorn fashion designer.

''Um, hello?'' murmured the yellow pegasus.

''Ah, Fluttershy!'' said Rarity as she walked into the main room carrying some rolls of thread in her magic. ''What brings you here?''

''Well...'' started Fluttershy.

Rarity took notice of the basket that was on the floor and the fact there appeared to be something in it.

''What's that, Fluttershy darling?''

''Well, that's why I came...''

She reached down and nuzzled the basket to wake sleeping Timid Butterfly up. She then carefully took the foal into her hooves causing Rarity to gasp in shock.

''Y-your a mother?!'' shouted a startled Rarity before calming herself down as to not scare the baby in the room. ''I suppose you wanna explain this and you need baby clothes and diapers!''

''Well, I found this little filly on my doorstep late last night. She appeared to be abonden and was frightened. But I calmed her down and named her Timid Butterfly for the time being. I'm gonna take her to the doctors and see if we can find her parents. If not then I'm gonna take custody of her.''

''Your a kind mare, Fluttershy. I'm sure you could raise her if you had her.'' said Rarity as she began sketching baby clothes and diapers onto a mini sketch pad.

''Thank you, Rarity.'' said Fluttershy, looking down at Timid who was looking around interested by her surroundings.

''So, I guess you want some nature or animal themed baby clothes and diapers?''

''Yeah. I be back later, I need to tell everypony else about Timid.''

''You go do that. Please come back after 15 minutes since I don't know how long it will take to design and make these clothes.''

''Okay. Thanks, Rarity.'' said Fluttershy, bowing before carefully laying Timid in her basket and carrying it outside of the shop in her mouth, waving to her friend.Smiling, Rarity waved back before getting to her work.


Next up on Fluttershy's list was Twilight due to the fact she was a bit scared to go to Pinkie Pie and Apple Jack was too far. She walked past Sugar Cube Corner where you could naturally hear Pinkie Pie singing as she baked her 'cupcakes'. She carefully walked by before she got seen.

However, she didn't get that lucky because as soon as she pasted the kitchen window of the bakery. She heard a scream, one she knew all to well.

''HI, FLUTTERSHY!''

Oh course, Pinkie Pie bounced out of the bakery in her normal energetic mood. She didn't even have her eyes open till the moment she bounced in front of the now cowering mare. Fluttershy cringed as she opened her teal eyes to be met with blue curious eyes which were looking both at her and the basket she was carrying.

''Sweets!? Is there sweets in there?'' yelled Pinkie Pie in curious and excitement as she sniffed at the basket holding Timid. ''Wait, NO! That's, that's....that's...''

Fluttershy watched as Pinkie took a step back in disbelief and almost asked what was wrong when suddenly.

''Why do you have a foal!?''

Fluttershy was caught off guard by this. Did Pinkie know or did she somehow smelled Timid.

''Tell me! Tell me! Tell me now!'' yelled Pinkie in a raged tone which Fluttershy was now cowering from.

Pinkie obviously noticed her friend cowering and took a step back, her mane deflecting a bit and also darkening at the same time.

''Ah...!'' murmured Fluttershy, not liking this look of Pinkie Pie.

''I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you to find the truth. Sorry, Fluttershy.....'' mumbled the now depressed Pinkie Pie.

''It's okay, Pinkie. I was gonna tell you but the tone caught me off guard....'' said Fluttershy comforting her friend with her soft voice.

Pinkie looked at Fluttershy for a second before her mane curled up and she went back to her natural lightness.

''Then what is it?'' she said, bouncing up and down.

''Well....Last night, somepony knocked on my door. I don't know who however....'' started Fluttershy. ''So I walked to my door and saw this basket. When I looked inside''

Fluttershy gently picked up Timid and showed her to Pinkie Pie who took the young foal into her hooves.

''Was her. I feed her last night and also named her Timid Butterfly. She's nervous but over wise cute and sweet.''

Pinkie looked at Timid before smiling.

''Do you think I could babysit for you from time to time and bring the cake twins?''

''Sure!'' said Fluttershy smiling. ''That is, if I'm aloud to take care of her.''

''Got cha! I will come by later to bring you some baby milk and food and possibly a cookie or two for a snack.''

''Thanks, Pinkie.''

Pinkie gently gave Fluttershy Timid and walked into Sugar Cube Corner smiling.


Smiling, Fluttershy finally made in to the Friendship Rainbow Castle also known as Twilight's castle. She smiled and carefully carried Timid to the door. She pushed the door open and called out.

''Twilight?''

Her voice echoed around causing Fluttershy to be a scardy cat and run to hide behind one of the crystal columns. Twilight walked down the stairs to know what had made the echo and saw her yellow pegasus friend half crying next to a column with a basket having a shade over it next to her.

''Fluttershy? What are you doing here so early?''

''Well um. I came to tell you something...''

''Okay then. Come on the the Crystal Friendship Library which is what I named the library part....''

''Oh okay.. '' murmured Fluttershy.

Twilight used her magic to pick up the basket smiling as she knew it was Fluttershy's and she was clearly tired of carrying it. They walked upstairs and into a beautiful library.

Each wall was a crystal golden with streaks of sliver here and there. There was beautiful arches leading to Twilight's bedroom and Spike's room and another in Twilight's room which was at the top of a crystal stairway that obviously led to Twilight's adoptive daughters bedroom.

Nyx had become into Twilight's life shortly after the defeat of Discord and was a main focus of Twilight's. Twilight cared about her like any other mother would for a daughter. Nyx despite having her cutie mark, was a member of the Cutie Mark Crusaders or better known as the CMC.

Back to topic, the library shelves which is alleys like a avenage library but each wall had one running across it with another on top of the former. But at one side of the library was a massive window that had a open window which was linked to a ledge which had a telescope pointed out of it. The telescope was white and had Twilight's cutie mark imprinted on it.

Overall it was amazing, prefect for a princess.

''So, Fluttershy. Whats in this?''

''Oh...Well look inside''

Twilight made a curious face that most only saw on Nyx and looked at the foal inside.

''A foal, Fluttershy. How?''

''She was abonden on my doorstep so I took her in...naming her Timid Butterfly''

''Well, she sure lives up to her name'' said Twilight, laughing as she looked down at a nervous and shy Timid. ''So you gonna take care of her. Hm, I guess I could help. Since, Nyx came into my life I been busy with both her and the roles as princess so I managed to find a baby book and then some bedtime stories''

Twilight's horn glowed pulling two books. One named 'Momma's foal' and the other 'Top ten bed time stories for 1-5 year olds'

''Wow, thanks Twilight..''

''Also'' continued Twilight.

Twilight's horn glowed brightly making a part of the room glow up and soon a baby carrier appeared.

''Thank you, Twilight!'' said Fluttershy going to hug her friend.

Twilight smiled and returned the hug before saying bye and allowing Fluttershy to sort herself out. She took Timid out of the basket and into one of the two sides of the baby carrier and carefully put it on her back under her wings so she could fly later. She grabbed the books, gently put on the in basket and the other in the other side of the baby carrier. She picked up the basket like she had before and made her way out of the castle.


Fluttershy stopped outside of the library and wondered if she should go to Rainbow's or Apple Jack's first. She eventually went with Rainbow and slowly flow up keeping her eye on Timid who was looking down obviously frighten of heights. Fluttershy stopped and nuzzled the foal gently helping her with her fear.

They somehow managed it Rainbow's in one piece and by that, meaning Timid didn't go crying because of the increased height she was at. She knocked on the cloud door.

Rainbow yelled through.

''Yes?''

''Rainbow? It's me, Fluttershy....''

Fluttershy heard the beats of Rainbow's wings as she flow to the cloud door and opened it.

''Hi, Fluttershy. Wait...'' started Rainbow before flying around to Fluttershy's side and looked at Timid. ''Who's this?''

''Oh. That's my...Uh....Well not my adoptive daughter, yet, but might be. Her name is Timid Butterfly.''

''Oh, I guess she's cute...''

''Thanks...'' said Fluttershy, unsure if that was a compliment or not.

''So you came to introduce her to me. Wait a sec!'' yelled Rainbow and she bolted into her cloud mansion through the cloud door without opening it.

When she came back, she was holding a small rainbow bonnet which she carefully put on Timid's head. It was cute and the main part was cyan but the inside which was partly folded up was rainbow.

''Wow, thanks, Rainbow''

''I guess. It was mine. My mom got it for me when I was a foal so I thought that when I had foals I could give it to them but I changed my mind.''

''Well, that intresting. I gotta go show her to Apple Jack now so bye, Rainbow''

With that, she flow off the cloud waving and interesting enough so did Timid. Rainbow smiled and mumbled to herself.

''Babies, huh? I prefer my little chicken, Scootaloo''


Apple Jack's farm wasn't far from there luckily and so, Fluttershy didn't have to worry about Timid as much but she was still clearly worried as she was constantly looking back and froth from the path ahead and to Timid.

She didn't have to worry for long through cause soon they had landed on the mud path to Sweet Apple Acres. She looked at Timid who was looking at the Ponyville Schoolhouse which was too far. Fluttershy smiled and began walking.

Apple Jack was obviously kicking at one of her trees, she then stopped when she noticed the yellow pegasus who just walked onto her lot. She smiled and took a break to take to her friend.

''Howdy, sugarcube. What brings you here?''

''Well, Apple Jack. I want you to meet somepony...''

''Oh who?'' said Apple Jack looking around and behind Fluttershy.

''Her...'' said Fluttershy turning around slowly as to not scare Timid. Apple Jack looked at the foal and smiled.

''Ya got yerself a foal?''

''Yeah...Her name is Timid Butterfly......I already showed her to everypony else...''

''Well she sure is cute. Just like Apple Bloom when she was this age. Wait a second, sugar.''

Apple Jack began walking to a the barn and went inside. A good 5 minutes later, she came out carrying a adorable rattle. It was yellow and the rattle bit was a zap apple shape and color.

''It was mine when ah was a foal, as was it Apple Bloom's and accordin' to Granny, was Big Mac's too.''

''Oh. Must be special to you...''

''It sure is but ah want ya to have it. Ah didn't wanna keep it for my child, ah wanted to be generous and give it to somepony else.''

''Oh thank you Apple Jack...'' said Fluttershy, putting it in the basket with the book.

''Yer welcome.''

With that alone, Fluttershy smiled and waved bye as now she had to the the Ponyville hospital since Timid would need a check-up.


At first, Fluttershy was nervous about entering the hospital. What would happen. She eventually brought up whatever courage she had. She walked in and was insantly noticed by Nurse Redheart.

''Oh. Hi, Fluttershy. Do you have some business here?''

''I guess... I have a foal who needs to be checked up on...''

''Oh, I didn't know you had given birth?''

''Oh er...I found her actually...''

''When?'' said Redheart now fully intrested.

''5 past 10 last night....''

''And you managed till the morning.''

''Yes but barely....''

''I know what you mean. Taking care of a stranger foal without the supplies but have been hard.''

''It was but we made it.''

''May I see the foal and can you follow me?''

''Sure...''

Fluttershy began following Redheart into one of the rooms and gave Timid to Redheart.

''Hmm.. Well from physical. She appears healthy, that means you did a good job last night with what you had.''

She put Timid on a weighting scale and checked the weight.

''Just below avenge but that expected from a abonden foal.''

Fluttershy signed in relief.

''Since she's a unicorn. You must understand that the unicorn doctors have to preform a test on their magic like how the pegasus staff have to also do the same for pegasi foals.

She began the test and as Fluttershy watched. She didn't see much of a reaction from the foal.

''Hm, this is weird. I got the same result from Mrs Cake's unicorn daughter. She has high magic levels. This might mean though that she's just talented at birth but we have no evidence to who left her so we don't know if it's inherited.''

''Okay...''

''Fluttershy. I say you can raise her as your adoption daughter but be warned. Her magic will be dangerous as you should know from the cake twins.''

''I understand.''

''That's good. Here'' said Redheart, passing Timid back to her adoption mom.

''Thank you, Miss Redheart.''

''Your welcome. See you some other time and remember, raising a foal isn't easy but is worth a lot as you see them grow. Remember that.''

''I will.'' said Fluttershy as she hugged Timid. This was the start but Timid or Fluttershy didn't know what was too happen but they were prepared for anything.

Author's Note:

Nyx goes to Pen stroke, I do not own her.

And yes the cake twins are gonna be TWO of Timid's friends. The other ones are gonna be Cream Puff, the earth pony foal from the Mysterious Mare do well and Derpy's youngest daughter (The one in Baby Cakes) Dizzy Hooves (A unicorn who is identical to her mother and sister but with her mothers eyes).

By the way, about the cloud door I HAVE NO IDEA!

Man, Apple Jack's (Yes that's how a write it) has a hard accent to write....