• Published 3rd Aug 2014
  • 3,518 Views, 138 Comments

Angel - Sugarcube66



Fluttershy finds a newborn in a basket on her doorstep. So she takes it in and names her Timid Butterfly but what if there was something more to this foal.

  • ...
12
 138
 3,518

School days

Timid Butterfly is now 5 years old and ready to go to school with her friends. Cream Puff being the oldest but the Cakes twins not far behind. The youngest were Quartz and Tootsie Flute, a pegasus and unicorn twin pair to Amethyst 'Sparkler' Star. Timid had taken a liking to books but still was like her name, timid like her 'father', Fluttershy.

Being a unicorn to a alicorn and a pegasus was a bit weird but Timid liked it. She loved to practice her magic which was even at the age of 2 months, strong and high leveled. A trait, she knowingly got from Twilight. Timid had a pet butterfly by the name of Dream who rode of her left ear all the time. Dream was a pink monarch butterfly who cared deeply for Timid.

Dizzy Hooves, a small unicorn who was Timid's friend had grown up to be as clumsy as her mother but also had a few smart traits that her older sister, Dinky was known for. Then, there was Pumpkin and Pound Cake, the Cake twins. Pound was now a fast flier that if he was any faster, some would question if he could beat Rainbow Dash in a flying race.

Pumpkin had a liking to baking and magic and was Twilight's star student already. She had also earned her cutie mark, but surprisingly it wasn't showing one talent, it showed two. Cooking and Magic as it was a bowl filled with pumpkin soup with a glowing star hovering above.

Cream Puff, the oldest of the group, had too earned her cutie mark. In a similar field, baking. She was good at making cream puffs which was shown by the 3 cream puffs on her flanks. Cream had also styled her hair into pigtails and developed a crush of Pound Cake.

Tootsie Flute had developed a idol in a unicorn mare by the name of Lyra for Lyra's lyre playing but was also intrested in flowers. It made others question on what was gonna be her talent, gardening or something musical like her name.

Quartz, Tootsie's twin brother, was always on the look out for danger and idol-ed Rainbow Dash similar to Scootaloo who had her cutie mark now and was Rainbow's honorary sister despite being earth-bounded.


Timid's pov.

I woke up, hopped off my bed carrying a teddy in a magic. My teddy landed on my back as I ran to my vanity table which I began searching it, soon I found what I was looking for. A pale pink ribbon that formerly belonged to my big sister's friend, Applebloom but she gave it to me for good use. It tied it into my mane, carefully leaving my bangs alone and making sure that my ponytail which it was holding it was straight.

I ran downstairs, carrying my saddle bags in my magic laying them down on my back as I ran down the crystal stairs. Nyx obviously heard me as she looked out of her door with a half in teal headband.

''Timid? Your already up?'' whispered Nyx still tired. I heard her but ignored her to run into the library part of the huge castle. The library was huge to a small 5 year old filly that was me, even mommy, a mortal alicorn who was slightly bigger then her friend was small to it.

I ran to the staircase and was down it in a flash, only stopping at the bottom to breath. Mommy and daddy were in the throne room chatting before catching sight of me.

''Morning, Timid.'' said mommy smiling.

''Morning, mommy'' I said, bouncing up and down.

''Good morning, Butterfly.'' said daddy, using her nickname for me.

''Morning!''

''Ready for school?''

''Yep.... Hey, mama. What was Nyx like when she started school?''

''Well, your sister was nervous, very nervous. But soon came to love school, a lot thanks to her love of learning and her friends.''

''Well, I'm not much of a learner pony like Nyx but I love having friends and reading!''

''Is that all?''

''Wait, why does Nyx have wings and a horn and be immortal when your mortal, mama?''

''...Well, Nyx isn't technically my daughter....How about I tell you when your older as her cutie mark story comes into it?''

''Okay!''

''Time for school. Me, Nyx and Flutters will walk you there.''

''Yay!''


Outside of the adorable red schoolhouse. The group smiled and said goodbye to Timid who timidly walked into the backyard. All her excitement had mostly dropped due to being highly shy. She soon caught sight of a group of fillies who she knew so well.

''Guys!'' yelled Timid as she ran towards them.

The group smiled as they saw the young unicorn princess run to them. The wonky eyed unicorn that was Dizzy actually ran forward and jumped on her causing them to roll on the floor laughing. The group giggled with the pair as Dizzy got up, her eyes even more wonky then before but soon went to their normal derp. She saw Timid laughing on the floor and offered her a hoof to stand up.

Timid smiled and took the hoof only to hear the laughs of two foals. Soon a colt and a filly appeared in the part of the yard where Timid and her friends stood.

''Pumpkin Cake. Your the princess's prize student and have your cutie mark yet you hang around with these BLANK FLANKS!'' yelled the filly.

The filly was pink and had a white and golden streaked mane that had a tiara in it. The tiara was sliver and implanted with rubies, the foals didn't know if they were real or not and didn't really care. The colt was a sliver and slightly smaller then the filly. He had a grey mane that was streaked with black. The pairs eyes were the same demon-like red and they were both unicorns.

Both had they cutie marks too. The filly's cutie mark was a pill of golden bits with a sliver tiara on to with the same rubies implanted as the one on the filly's head. The colt's cutie mark was a spoon with a few bits in it. Both were rich and the younger siblings of Diamond Tiara and Sliver Spoon, two very rich business mares.

''And you!'' yelled the filly, catching her eye on Timid. ''Timid Butterfly. Your desciption says your a princess and your the younger sister of Nyx. But where's your wings?!''

''W-wings?'' murmured Timid as Dizzy got in front of her to protect her from the insults.

''Leave Butterfly alone!'' yelled the wonky eyed unicorn.

''Oh what you gonna do, DERPY JUNIOR!''

''D-Derpy J-Junior!?'' growled Dizzy but her speak had altered. ''I'M NOT DERPY, THAT'S MY MOMMY AND YOU WILL NEVER INSULT ME OR HER FOR OUR DISABILITY!''

Her friends stepped back, not willing to get close to the outraged friend as they all had come in counter with this side to the ditz before. When she got mad, nothing could calm her down apart from Timid who was still focused on the insult that was thrown at her. Even the filly stepped back for a second before taking the temper to her goal.

''Well, if you didn't have those EYES then maybe you wouldn't be called Derpy Junior.'' said the filly in a mocking tone.

Dizzy looked upset and angry at the same time and looked like she was gonna scream or lash out till a hoof reached over her shoulder and she heard a whisper. Her friends and the bully looked confused as Dizzy slowly calmed down and looked at who had calmed her. It was Timid and was smiling calmly.

''B-Butterfly?...'' mumbled Dizzy looking like she didn't know what happened but shock dreched her face when she realized. ''I-I got m-mad again didn't I?'' Her voice getting quieter with each word.

''Yes you did but your calm now.''

Her friends signed in relief that they didn't have to worry about their friend getting outraged at them for some reason. Timid turned to the bully while gently calming a crying Dizzy who was mumbled sorry every so often.

''Never bully Dizzy about her disability, Ruby.''

Ruby Tiara huffed.

''Come on, Sliver Bit.''

The colt, Sliver Bit followed Ruby as they walked off leaving the foals alone.

Pound flapped his wings and looked angry.

''Oh, I hate Ruby Tiara!'' he screamed.

''Oh calm down, Pound. Your upsetting Dizzy even more.'' scolded his twin.

''He's right, Pumpkin.'' mumbled Quartz but not as loud as to not upset the crying filly even more.

Author's Note:

Okay done. I didn't even think about that. It just came to me.