• Published 3rd Aug 2014
  • 3,519 Views, 138 Comments

Angel - Sugarcube66



Fluttershy finds a newborn in a basket on her doorstep. So she takes it in and names her Timid Butterfly but what if there was something more to this foal.

  • ...
12
 138
 3,519

Essay and attack

Timid sat in her class, horn aglow as she wrote down the essay that her class was meant to write. She wasn't enjoying it unlike others would. Her essay was on butterflies and how they reproduce. She looked up at the clock that was at the front and quite a way away from her seat in the back row. It was nearly recess and that's when the essay stopped.

The class had been preparing for this essay for a while by collecting pictures or objects related and they were to do a presentation about it after break, something Timid was nervous about. She finished the writing and looked at her stack of pictures and leaves. She picked them up with magic, along with the glue and carefully, being as delicate as possible so they didn't break, she glued them to the paper. Her horn glowed one last time to quicken up it's drying so that it be dry by the time they came back inside.

Her gaze turned to a unicorn filly that was sat next to her. She smiled, she was happy to be placed next to Dizzy. Dizzy was busy doing a essay about her rather large family. At the moment, there was a lot of writing, pictures of her mom and sisters but her niece and nephew aka Tootsie Flute and Quartz weren't there yet.

Her gaze changed again to the pegasus and unicorn that was sat in front of her and Dizzy. Pound and Pumpkin. Pumpkin was doing about magic and Pound was doing about Sugar Cube Corner. Pumpkin's horn glowed brightly as she wrote what spells she could cast and spells that she knew but couldn't do yet. Pound looked slightly annoyed, probably cause he wanted to do about flying but the twins were told that at least one of them had to do about Sugar Cube Corner and Pumpkin choose to do magic.

She couldn't see her other friends works so just continued her work by cleverly drawing some butterflies and flowers onto the page to add detail and effect to it. Her horn gleamed gently to pick up the crayons and draw with them. In the end, the causal white paper was a flower and butterfly covered field with a bunch of writing in different areas and a good few pictures.

''Okay, class. It's time to stop.'' said Cheerilee, who was stood at the front watching the group of foals and mainly her own daughter, Apple Flower. Apple Flower was a mulberry earth pony with bright orange hair that was in a plait like her Aunt Apple Jack's, Her eyes were similar to Timid, odd colors. One was the apple family green and the other was orange like her Aunt Applebloom. She also had triangle freckles on her cheeks and had a cutie mark which was a apple with a flower behind it.

Everypony including Timid looked up at the teacher smiling. Most cause they were happy to finally go outside, others cause they had finished. The bell rang and everypony scampered outside in a mob apart from Dizzy, who wasn't allowed to run cause of her eyes and Timid, who didn't really wanna play outside if it meant being bullied by Ruby Tiara and Sliver Bit and there new member Apple Flower.

''Come on, Butterfly.'' murmured Dizzy, looking down and didn't show much emotion so Timid couldn't tell if she was mad or sad.

''Dizzy.........''

''Let's go...''


Recess was over quickly, rather to the happiness of Timid as neither she or her friends had encountered the bullies. Her memories didn't really want her to encounter them anyway but even at a distant, she could still hear them commenting on 'blank flank' 'blank flank' like all bullies.

Her mind slowly slipped back to Angel Wings. She looked a lot like her but seemly older and a alicorn or what she called a 'angel' which probably went on the idea of her name. But once again, the same three questions appeared. She shook her head to ignore them for now and stood on the step outside of the schoolhouse waiting for Dizzy.

The wonky eyed unicorn wasn't long and with her blue wonky eyes on Timid, she bounced up the steps and hugged her best friend.

''LETS GO!'' yelled Dizzy, exciendily.

''Wow, yer a energetic BLANK FLANK, aren't ya?'' said a filly from behind them with a southern accent that the Apples spoke.

It was Apple Flower and she looked crueler then ever.

''Don't think ya'll win. After all, mah mom is the teacher and yer projects stink!''

Dizzy growled under her breath telling Timid that she was about to go into rage. She gently whispered in Dizzy's ear as a attempt to calm the young filly down.

''You bullies better leave Dizzy alone. You know she can't handle being bullied and could take it out of everypony and even those she loves.''

Flower took a step back before stepping forward with Sliver Bit glaring at them.

''Sliver, you may.''

Sliver grinned and ran forward on her grey hooves, faster then the two fillies had seen him run. His horn glowed demon red as he locked Dizzy in a bind and before Timid could react, he jumped on her and began beating her up heavily. Dizzy cried out wanting to help her friend. Timid looked faint and was about to faint.

Her horn was glowing allowing the light of her magic to circle the binds as to attempt to free Dizzy so she could go get help. It eventually worked and Dizzy cried as she ran to go find Mrs Cheerilee.

''P-please be okay, Timid...'' muttered Dizzy with a sorrow to her voice and didn't even notice herself call Timid by her first name.

Timid panted as the colt on top of her attacked her harshly. She was coated in bruises and cuts from where he dug hes a lit horn into her skin. It burned in every place where there was a cut. Her eyes blinked as she slowly fell unconscious. The last thing, she heard before fully felling unconscious was.

''Timid!'' It was a grief ridden voice then she recognized but didn't know who it was.