• Published 14th Apr 2012
  • 1,102 Views, 40 Comments

Accelerando - Cobalt Shine



Octavia and Vinyl Scratch are both invited to the same event,not a good idea

  • ...
3
 40
 1,102

Chapter Two: Emotions Fly[Editied]

Spurts of blood gushed from Octavia's leg, splattering on the multiple bruises her stomach and back. Limping in pain, she slowly made her way to the seemingly unconscious Vinyl Scratch.


"Y-You think this is over? Just like that?" Vinyl asked, getting up from her defeated state.


"Yes I do! look at you - you're on the ground, right where you should be, and always will be, whilst I'm up here in the spotlight about to finish of the loser," Octavia said, a grin on her face.


"Well you forget something! While you have strength, I have magic!" replied the unicorn with a wicked grin. She lifted herself up with her light blue magic, bringing her back into the fight once more. Neglecting the fact she was losing blood quickly, Octavia jumped back, picking up her bow and cello. Vinyl stood behind her own broken turntables, magically floating several records into the air. And so the fight continued on, Octavia putting her bow on the cello's strings and aiming her weapon, firing a high velocity 'arrow' at Vinyl. The DJ responded by sending multiple records flying at Octavia like razor blades. The 'arrow' impaled Vinyl's shoulder, causing her to shriek out, while Octavia only took one record straight in her good leg. Now, she could hardly walk. It was a bloody mess; this was a fight to the death.



"Stop! You're going to kill each other!" Mr. Shine yelled. Octavia and Vinyl completely ignored him and gave each other death stares.



"But I am going to kill her!" said Octavia.



"Yeah right, piss off rich bitch!" Vinyl spat as she sent her turntables flying at Octavia. Slam! Octavia blocked the oncoming attack with her cello.



"Please stop...your hurting each other. Why don't you just be friends?"asked a familiar voice. And to their realization, they were killing each other in front of a little filly - none other than Sweetie Belle. She had come here with Rarity in an attempt to find her cutie mark.



Her eyes teared up. Small trickles began slowly rolling down the side of her cheek, pitter-pattering as they fell to the ground. "Please... stop... please stop! Ponies shouldn't be doing this to each other, this is horrible!" Sweetie said before finally breaking down.


"You're going to kill each other... stop it, please stop it!" Rarity added. She also had tears in her eyes after seeing all the blood spilled. It was staining the ponies coats, dribbling down to the stage; both ponies were far from their finest. Vinyl's face was swollen to the size of a grapefruit, and Octavia hada record buried so deep in her leg it had struck the bone.

Both ponies looked at each other and started to cry.


"Listen to her, you two ponies just can't kill each other over the stage competition," Rarity said. The tears that the little filly had spilled made both Octavia and Vinyl's heart sink. They both dropped their 'weapons' and fell over on the stage.


Panting heavily, the sweat pitter-pattering on the stage as it started to fall, then they both weakly spoke.



"What...happened to us Tavi?" the DJ panted.



"I...I...I don't remember. I think jealousy took over us both." replied the grey mare. She looked down to her blood stained coat; it now seemed pointless having it cleaned today.



"I don't believe it... look at what we have become, trying to kill each other. This...is...disgraceful," said Vinyl.


Tears formed in their eyes as stallion medics rushed onto to the scene. Their tears started rolling off their faces and on to the floor, pooling out. The tears then mixing up with the spilt blood already there, making a messy substance to serve as a reminder of their hate. The large medics picked up the two mares and gently placed them in the beds, hooking them onto life support for fear of serious damage. The ambulance was a bright white, with a large stallion sitting in the corner to watch over them, making sure they the remained in a somewhat stable condition.


It was Octavia broke the silence. "Vinyl... you there?" she asked.



"Yeah, I'm here," replied the bruised DJ hoarsely. Her cracked glasses fell to the floor.



"Look at the mess we've made...and we've probably scarred a poor little filly for life," Octavia said sadly.



"Yeah I know right? What happened to us Tavi? You know, years ago?" This sentence was familiar from their past.



"As I said before, I'm not quite sure, but I think it had something to do with a stallion back in music school," Octavia said.



"Wait, do you mean that time we both liked the same guy and both went for him?" asked Vinyl with a weak grin on her face



"Yes that's the one...I don't believe this, something as immature as that had split up our perfectly good friendship...and we nearly fought to the death over it," said Octavia grimly.



"Yeah... Octavia?” asked Vinyl. Her voice was weaker now.



"Yes?"



"You know, I did miss you," she said.



"I missed you too Vinyl." Then, they both fell into a hard sleep, together.
A large thanks to Mcyav. And Lynked