• Published 27th Jul 2014
  • 4,494 Views, 107 Comments

The Lost Swordsman - Star Shadow



Zoro gets transformed and transported to the land of Equestria after a fight and now has to deal with a world that's completely opposite of what he's used to. How'll he do here? Read and find out!

  • ...
17
 107
 4,494

Canterlot

The flight to Canterlot was slightly irritating to Zoro as Celestia asked him questions about his other life the entire way there. “So you and your crew mates actually stood against your world’s ruling power in order to save a friend?” asked Celestia in surprise at hearing about Enies Lobby.

Zoro grinned at hearing her surprise. “When Luffy’s your captain then he’ll turn the entire world upside down to save a nakama if he has to” stated the green haired stallion.

Celestia smiled at hearing the amount of respect that Zoro had for his captain and crew. “So I take it that you and Nico Robin are on good terms now?”

Zoro had to think about his answer to her question for a moment as he and Robin had a pretty quiet relationship. “Yeah we get along pretty well” he answered. “She doesn’t really irritate the hell out of me anymore and we have a pretty good understanding now.”

“Well I’m glad that you have such strong friendships with them especially with a former enemy. Equestria thrives on the friendships made throughout a pony’s life so if you’re going to live her while I figure out how to send you home then you’ll need to make friends while you’re here” stated Celestia before she smiled. “That shouldn’t be too difficult for you though seeing as how you’ve already managed to become friends with the Apple family.”

With that the chariot landed in the castle’s courtyard with Celestia and Zoro stepping off of it to let the guards put it away. While the alicorn began giving the tour however Zoro’s mind was stuck on what the ruler said about having to make friends. ‘Luffy and the others were always the ones to make all of the damn friends though. This world is going to be a big pain in the ass for me.’

“Are you alright?” asked Celestia when she heard her guest growl slightly beside her.

“Yeah” muttered Zoro, not bothering to hide his scowl.

Celestia’s gaze softened as she made the connection between her new bodyguard’s current attitude. “There’s no need to worry Tri-blade friends are very easy to make here. In fact most of your friendships may be formed by others rather than you having to form them yourself” said the alicorn. The ruler let a smile cross her face as she watched her words take their intended effect on the large earth pony, if his shoulders untensing and release of a held breath were anything to go by. It was then that a thought struck the Equestrian ruler that a nice walk through the royal garden could help her new guardian relax; it always helped her whenever she’s had a particularly stressful day.
While Zoro appeared to be deep in thought; so deep that he wasn’t noticing where they were going but not enough to where he didn’t follow her, Celestia made her way through the halls and to the garden that lay behind the castle. When the two reached the garden though Celestia heard some familiar voices nearby. “Go long Twily!” called a young stallion’s voice.

A disc came flying out of a nearby bush with a small purple unicorn filly chasing after it. Celestia managed to catch the disc with her magic but the filly ended up running straight into Zoro’s leg. “Ow” groaned the unicorn as she looked up to see what she’d ran into only to eep and shrink down under the stern glare of a towering green earth pony. Celestia noticed the glare though and secretly nudged Zoro while handing the filly back her disk using her magic.

“Did you get it Twilight?” asked a young mare’s voice as a pink alicorn mare and a white unicorn stallion came trotting around the bush that the filly had run out of. “Oh, Aunt Celestia!” called the young alicorn when she noticed the ruler. “I didn’t think that you’d be coming home so soon. I’m sorry for having friends over without your permission.”

Celestia smiled. “It’s alright Cadance, friends of yours are allowed here at any time. Especially since one of them happens to be my new student and a guard. Your name is Shining Armor correct?” asked the princess to the stallion.

“Oh uh yes ma’am, I mean your majesty” stuttered the unicorn in nervousness before he did an awkward mix of a bow and salute.

Celestia couldn’t help but giggle at the new guard’s display and trotted over to him before she placed one of her golden shoed hooves on his shoulder. “You don’t have to be so nervous around me Shining, after all you are you are such great friends with my niece” stated the older alicorn as she smirked teasingly when she saw Cadance and Shining’s faces redden at that.

“U-um h-hi m-my name is um Twilight Sparkle” squeaked a quiet voice from behind the trio. Turning around they saw Twilight trying desperately not to pass out beneath the stare of the towering earth pony. Celestia’s smile dropped when she Zoro just standing there over the filly. She then nudged him with the disk that was still in her magic and gave him a look that said ‘be nice’ when he looked at her.

Zoro sighed. “Name’s Tri-blade” introduced the green haired pony in a half assed fashion before he grabbed the disk from the air with his mouth and placed it on the ground next to the small unicorn. “This is yours right?”

“O-oh yes it is thank you Tri-blade” said Twilight as she grabbed the disk with her magic.

“Aunt Cely, who’s he?” asked Cadance.

“That’s Tri-blade. He saved my life in Ponyville so I offered him the position of being my personal bodyguard. He’s going to be staying at the castle with us from now on” explained Celestia.

“Shining! What’s going on over there?” called an older male’s voice.

“Oh, nothing dad we’ll be right there!” called the unicorn before he turned back to elegant ruler. “We’re having a picnic nearby, would you like to join us your majesty?”
Celestia was about to politely decline as she still needed to finish the tour when her niece spoke up. “We have cake” stated Cadance in a sing song voice with a smirk on her face when she save her aunt’s ears twitch.

“Would you like to stay and eat some lunch with them Tri-blade?” asked Celestia towards her guest before she saw him playing catch with Twilight. The trio watched the pair for a minute before Zoro noticed them and stopped dead while still being able to catch the disk in his mouth

"What?” growled Zoro, trying to turn his embarrassment into anger at being caught playing with the filly.

“Oh nothing, we were just going to have some lunch. Would you like to join us?” asked Celestia. Zoro was about to decline out of anger, due to the look the teasing look the Equestrian ruler was giving him, but then his stomach let out a loud growl. “It would appear so” stated the white alicorn as she and the others all began towards where the picnic was.

During the short walk Celestia slowed down to beside Zoro and when she was close enough for him to hear she whispered, “I told you that making friends here would be easier than you thought, especially with the little ones apparently. You wouldn’t happen to have any of your own back home, would you?”

Zoro nearly choked on his own tongue at hearing the ruler’s question. “N-no way!” shouted Zoro before he quieted down when everypony ahead turned to look at him. He waited for them to turn back before he continued. “Kids are a big enough pain in the ass when they aren’t mine so why would I ever want some” growled the green stallion at the thought of having kids hounding around and bugging him for things twenty-four seven. He got enough of a headache from that during his day with those orphans and their mom at Water 7.

“That’s a shame” stated Celestia. “Given the way you were with Applejack and Twilight I think that you’d make a great father.”

‘Again with that’ thought Zoro as he remembered when Robin had caught him at Water 7 with those babies and told him that “it suited him”. He was taken out of his thoughts when he felt a hoof on his shoulder and saw that Celestia was telling him to sit. Zoro glanced over at the three smiling faces of the new grayish colored mare, light blue stallion, and baby purple and green dragon along with the smiles of Twilight, Cadance, Shining, and Celestia. ‘This world’s going to be a pain in the ass’ thought Zoro as he sat down to eat with his new ‘friends’.

- Three hours later

It had been a long day and a big headache for Zoro as he followed Celestia down one of the castle’s many hallways to where she said his room would be. After two hours of eating strange pony foods and getting bombarded with annoying questions from the Twilight’s family and Cadance; whom Zoro had discovered had the special talent of love ‘how cheesy’ Zoro had thought after she’d told him. Celestia said goodbye to the five ponies and dragon and spent the last hour showing Zoro around her home.
As the duo was about to enter into another wing of the castle which was separated by two large doors that had a sun painted on them, Zoro heard a horrified girlish gasp nearby. Turning he saw a white stallion that had a neatly combed blonde mane and wearing a white tuxedo that had a very small red spot on the right breast of his coat. “Look what you’ve done you animal!” the preppy stallion squealed.

“I-I’m so sorry Prince Blueblood” half panicked half groaned an earth mare who was trying to stand up from the ground. Given the ladder had fallen only to be propped up by the opposite wall and the paint can and brush that was on the ground, Zoro could only assume that the apparently painter pony who’d been detailing some of the castle’s wall paper had fallen down and hurt herself.

“Well you should be this tuxedo was very expensive and you’re going to replace it” ordered the uptight sounding prince.

“B-but I can’t pay for something that expensive” said the terrified mare. “I barely make enough for my supplies and young ones as it is.”

“We then you’ll just have to get some extra work now won’t you and I’m sure that there are some things that your colts and fillies can do without for a while” scoffed Blueblood. “Perhaps they can even help you, I’m sure that-“

“Hey!” shouted Zoro as he approached the stallion. “What’s your problem you prissy little pri-“

“Tri-blade” called Celestia as she trotted towards the pair to try and separate them.

“Who is this, this commoner Auntie? I demand that you punish him for speaking to me in such a way” said Blueblood.

“I don’t care if you are her nephew! You don’t treat any of your subjects like that!” growled Zoro in anger at how much this prince reminded him of the Celestial Dragons.
Celestia sighed before she turned her head towards the still cowering mare. “You maybe go. I’ll pay for my nephew’s suit and your spilt supplies, I’ll even see to it that you get a bonus for your hard work” said the eternal ruler.

“T-thank you your highness” exclaimed the pony happily before she picked up her supplies and dashed away.

“Return to your quarters and change Blueblood, I’ll speak to him later” stated Celestia. Blueblood let a cocky smile grace his face before he turned away and began trotting off. “You must understand that my land doesn’t freely allow violence as much as yours does so please only use it if it’s absolutely necessary.”

“Fine, I’ll restrain myself” muttered Zoro, before he trotted towards Blueblood in a quickened pace. “Oi!”

The prince turned towards the shout. “Coming to apologi-“ the white stallion was silenced when he received a forehead to his face that broke his nose.
Celestia stared in shock at what she’d just seen and was about to reprimand Zoro when he passed her saying. “Starting now” with that said the green stallion entered the Sun wing of the castle ignoring the nasally, squealing Blueblood as he held his nose.

The Equestrian ruler stared after the stallion as he disappeared behind the large sun doors and thought to herself. ‘Having him around with certainly be interesting. I just hope that it won’t be too much for this world.

Author's Note:

Hey everyone sorry for taking so long but I got caught up in life and slammed face first into a writer's block. Fingers crossed that I managed to finally recover! First off I want to thank Darker Than Black, and Dragon King for helping me out with and pushing me to get this chapter out. Second, I want to thank everyone who stuck with me over the long hiatus. You guys are the best! Unfortunately I have no idea when I'll be able to get the next chapter out (hopefully soon) so I hope that this chapter was worth waiting for and will be able to hold you over til the next. One last thing is that there will be a lot of time skips starting after this chapter since plan to have Zoro stuck in Equestria for a while. Thx again and I hope you enjoyed the chapter!