• Published 28th Jul 2014
  • 2,479 Views, 46 Comments

Assassin in Equestria - Pixel Berry



The life of Kotonaru, Neko, Shapeshifter and, most of all, Secret Assasin.

  • ...
22
 46
 2,479

Chapter 2: Afternoon Doings

As the sun shined through the cracks of the plank-covered windows, bits of the sun gleamed on the sleeping human, aggravating her within her peaceful slumber. With a groan of frustration, the teen awoke from her slumber, slowly rising into a sitting position. She let out a loud yawn, while stretching. She then got off the bed, getting ready for her afternoon out.

She walked over to a simple dresser, taking out a new outfit (which was exactly the same) and a new pair of shoes with a pair of socks. She then took a towel and a bar of soap and went to the bathroom.

After she cleaned herself off and brushed her teeth, she took out a black cloak from within the dresser, and put it on. Of course the cloak was way too small for her, but she didn't care.

She then left her room, going down the hall, past Scribble's room, and as she walked out, she slowly started shrinking and changing shape. When she walked out the door of the abandoned building, she was now walking on all four, showing hooves than hands or feet.

She then looked at her new appearance, seeing her tan hooves and a lock of her blond mane. Looking up she saw a horn of the same color of her coat poking out her mane. After she made sure that everything was as it should be, she then started walking to the cobblestone path to the town square, where the marketplace was being held.

As she walked down the path, she started thinking of what to get. 'Okay, so I should get some water, fruits, vegetable, meat for myself, and maybe some sweets and drinks. Maybe I should get something special for Scribble. He's been so sweet and I feel kinda bad for not thanking him. Too bad that I can't speak and no one knows sign language around here. Where was I? Oh! Right shopping. So food, water, maybe sweets and soft drinks, and a gift for Scribble.' She then started thinking of other things; one being Celestia and her mission to catch her. 'When will Celestia just give up and leave me be? I know I kill her ponies for money, but it's not like anyone would hire a freak like me. I'm just so different. I thought that maybe I could be accepted somewhere new... sadly not. It's just like Earth. Me being an outcast.' Of course her thinking of this negative subject, she didn't notice a stallion running right towards her.

"Oof!" They both got knocked over, making Kotonaru spill her bits and gems. She was planning on selling them for bit in case she was low on money.

"Watch where your-" The stallion stopped when they met eye. "Er- sorry. Must've not seen where I was going." He said, but obviously knew that it was the mare's fault for not looking.

Kotonaru just nodded in understanding.

Kotonaru saw that the stallion was grey pegasi with two-toned mane, her front was a dark blue and her back was neon instead. His tail was also neon blue, he had blue eyes as well. Kotonaru also saw that his Cutie Mark was of a upside-down blue lighting over a white cloud.

"Let me help you up." He brought his hoof towards Kotonaru, her grabbing on and being brought up.

"Are you alright?" He gave a concerned face.

'No! I'm being hunted down by your ruler and her girly guards!' Kotonaru just nodded.

"Oh, okay." He then started gathering Kotonaru's bits and gems. He swept the bits and gems with his wings, gathering them up in a pile. "May I have your bit-bag?" He showed his hoof.

Kotonaru quickly levitated her (sorta) empty bag, showing her blue aura on her horn and the bag itself. Of course it wasn't real magic, she was actually visualizing her handing him the bag, and so this happens.

"Thanks." The stallion then brought the pile of bits and gems to the bag and placed them inside.

Kotonaru just nodded as the pegasi as he hoofed her the bit-bag.

"Again, I'm sorry." Again he apologized. "I was just on my way to my hotel to make sure my sons okay." He explained. "He's, how should I say, very special. Anyways, I need to go, bye!" The pegasi then dashed off, disappearing within the crowd.

'Okay? That was odd. Most of the time the mare or stallion would just yell at me then stomp away... Oh well; mustn't be from here.' Kotonaru assumed. She then walked up to a apple stand, where a red stallion with an orange mane was running the stand.

~

Kotonaru was now carrying bags full of fruits, vegetable, and some meat slabs. She made sure the meat was at the bottom so no one would see it if anyone wanted to check her bag. Kotonaru then noticed the same stallion that she bumped into waving for her attention. Kotonaru the trotted up, She didn't know why, but she liked to trot.

"Hey unicorn mare! A coincidence that we saw each other again, pretty silly." The stallion said.

Kotonaru then gave a small smile.

"Me and my son were about to get something to eat tonight. Would you like to join?" He asked.

Kotonaru just shrugged.

"Oh, well. I see that you probably need to get back home to drop your things off, but if you wanna join, we'll be dining at Verdant Fields. You should come around eight or so. By the way, names Swift Wing." He then trotted off, making his tail and mane bounce.

Kotonaru watched as the stallion went down the opposite way from the abandoned building in which she lived in. When Swift Wing was out of sight, she thought over on weather she should go or not.

'On one point I could always just ignore the invite and wait for nightfall to come, or maybe I can go and maybe make new friend other than Scribble Smooch... Maybe.' She finally arrived to the front of the building. Before going inside, she checked if anyone was around... none.

She then opened the door and walked inside, transforming back to her (sorta) human form, walking right past Scribble's room which the door was wide open.

'Maybe I should go. I need some fresh air and maybe some good food in my system. I need a little break from hiding in the shadows for once.' For the first time, she actually had a real smile on her face.

'I should get ready.' Kotonaru then ran to the bathroom, closing the door behind her as she got ready.

~A few Hours Later~

Kotonaru was now ready. She still wore her regular clothes, but when she turns into an Equine, her mane and tail were done, and her coat was much brighter than before. She didn't have any gowns so she had to dress casual, a.k.a, still naked.

She looked through the boards of the window, seeing that the sun was slowly setting, meaning that she had to go. Jumping out a broken window, she shape-shifted into a cat, landing on her paws. After she mad sure she didn't sprain anything due to the fall, she started running towards Verdant Fields, wondering on what might be at that fancy restaurant. She never went there due to staying hidden in Canterlot.

The sun finally set, showing the moonlight shine over the city. The beautiful sight put her at ease. She always wondered why everyone hated Princess Luna's night. It was truly a sight to see. When she was a block away, she dove near an alleyway, shape-shifting into the pony Swift Wing met.

Coming closer, she saw the blue stallion in the front, looking back in forth. After he caught his eye on Kotonaru, she showed a warm smile.

"Greetings, unicorn mare!" You ready to go inside? My son's inside waiting for us." He said.

Kotonaru just nodded.

"Let's go." Swift Wing opened the door for Kotonaru, making her blush a bit at the hospitality.

When they were inside, Kotonaru saw that the place is huge inside. There were so many round tables, and even some in the walls with curtains for privacy.

When we arrived to our table, Kotonaru saw that the little pony's face was blocked by the large menu book.

"Relay, can you put the menu down and greet this lovely mare?" Swift told the young pony.

'Wait, Relay?' That name sounded familiar, but she didn't know where.

The kid then put the menu down, making me see someone I didn't.

The colt was Brace Relay, my latest target.