• Published 28th Jul 2014
  • 2,478 Views, 46 Comments

Assassin in Equestria - Pixel Berry



The life of Kotonaru, Neko, Shapeshifter and, most of all, Secret Assasin.

  • ...
22
 46
 2,478

Chapter 1: Another Night Out

"Stop right there criminal scum!" Silver Wing, one of Celestia's royal guards called out to the running figure.

The figure didn't reply, instead just running faster.

"You shall not escape today, fiend." An earth pony guard called out, running next to Silver Wing.

The two royal guards chased the tall figure into an alleyway. They watched as the creature jumped over the fence in the alley. Of course the earth pony stopped dead in his track, but Silver Wing had other plans.

He opened his pegasus wings and did a large jump over the same fence, but instead, he continued using his wings, getting ever so closely towards the hooded figure. What he didn't see was a brick wall in front of the creature.

The two-legged creature the started climbing the wall at the last second, making Silver Wing hit head first on the wall, knocking him out instantly.

When the creature reach the top of the building, it looked down, showing a white grin at the unconscious pegasus. It then took off it's hoodie, showing it's blond hair atop of it's head, and it's brown colored cat ears. It then took out two envelopes, one being placed next to the sleeping royal guard, and the other being opened by the creature itself, pulling out a check, showing the two-hundred bits written on the check. It then started running over buildings, jumping over gaps between the building, then jumped off the last tall building, slowly transforming into a brown bird, flying into the moonlight.

~Back in the Alley~

"Sir! Sir, wake up." The same earth pony guard trying to wake up Silver Wing up.

"Uhh... Did we get her?" He asked groggily.

"I'm afraid not sir. She left another letter though." The stallion showed him the envelope.

Silver slowly got up, receiving the envelope. He then opened the letter, seeing the familiar hoof writing.

It said:

Dear Silver Wing,

Tonight's chase was really good, you almost got me there! That was a great chase, really pumped me up. Anyways, better luck next time Sil!

~Kotonaru

Silver then let out a low growl. "That damn monster is toying with me, dammit!" Silver then shredded the letter to pieces. "Sooner or later, I'll find where this 'things' hideaway and I'll finally become captain... Just like Shining." He said out loud.

"We should probably explain this to the princess." The earth pony placed his hoof on Silver's shoulder.

"Yeah. Fine, let's go."

The two then slowly walked out the alleyway into the streets of Canterlot. While they were walking to the castle, Silver was thinking of the wanted criminal he was assigned to; Kotonaru.

'I know I said this a million times, but what kind of name is Kotonaru? So far she's the most wanted in Canterlot and she doesn't even live here... not that I know of. We don't even know what she even is! Of course Princess Twilight said that the creature is called a human, but no human has a tail or ears like she does.'

Silver Wing was too into thought that he didn't notice that he was walking into the Canterlot Castle.

'I know that Celestia means well of this being, but sooner or later somepony has to take this mission and actually deal with this! Maybe Luna or Cadence can help capturing the creature. Their magic could- No! No, wait! Magic doesn't work on her. She's immune to it. No wonder why Celestia didn't assign any unicorns to capture her. Maybe we cou-'

Silver's thoughts were interrupted by a warm greeting from the white alicorn.

"Greetings Silver Wing and Iron Hoof." Celestia greeted.

"Greetings your Majes-"

"Huh? What?" Silver interrupted Iron Hoof. "Oh! Sorry, Princess. I was deep in thought." He explained.

"About a certain somepony?" Celestia asked with a little smirk.

"Yes, your Majesty." He answered.

"I know you’re thinking about little Kotonaru and your mission. And I'm going to explain about her and the mission." Celestia started. "It seems that in a few days, it's going to be a full year since she has arrived in Equestria and when she has been discovered. Of course many Canterlot mares and stallions have been complaining about this 'beast' running through this city and assassinating many ponies as well. And since I couldn't capture her, I had no other choice but to pass this mission to somepony else. Now I know many ponies don't like him, but he has a good mind in that thick head of his, but like I said, I had no other choice. So, I introduce your new leader, Prince Blueblood."

Right on cue, Blueblood entered the room, with his muzzle in the air, strutting in. He then sat next to Celestia, showing a devilish smirk.

"Hello Silver, Iron." Blueblood spoke. "I know that my dear aunt can't capture this monster with little guards and magic within her horn, but lucky for you, she had made the perfect choice of making me find a flawless plan to capture the 'thing'." He explained. "Anyways, without further ado, here's my flawless plan!"

~Somewhere in Canterlot~

The brown bird known as Kotonaru was flying towards an abandoned apartment building. She flew through the cracks, transforming back to her human self. She placed the check in a broken dresser, within the many other checks that consist of bits. She then put her bit-bag on the dresser itself, making it jingle a bit.

She then walked towards a chart, gabbing a pocket knife. She then crossed out a photo of a navy blue unicorn stallion. She eyed the many photos, most of them crossed out. She even had a photo of a white unicorn stallion with a blond mane. She got many request on that pony, but she knew that if she killed him, she would be in more trouble than before. She then placed the knife back on the desk, while sitting down on the chair in front of the furniture.

She then grabbed a notebook and a quill. Making sure to dip the quill in the now opened ink container, then started writing on a blank page.

Dear Journal,

Tonight has been another usual night. Getting another pony to assassin, getting paid beforehand, and doing my job to get the bits. Silver Wing caught me trying to steal some apples again, but like always, he never catches me. He just doesn't know about my special talent, but I want to keep it a secret from these ponies. It's about to be my birthday next Friday. My first birthday without my friends or family... It's going to be rather depressing this year, but my teacher always told me to keep my head high and not care about the little things. He was always smart and I'm going to miss his voice telling me what to do, one being that I graduated from his class and that I'm stuck in this pony-populated world. I also am trying to gather enough information on how I even got here in the first place. But it seems that all of the public libraries don't carry any advance magic. (Not that I have magic to take me back) Anyways, I got two-hundred bits out of taking out Blue Jay today. I strangely still have battery life on my phone, a full 100% and even the Wifi still works. It may be strange but I don't question it. Maybe I can listen to more music then get some rest. In the morning I'm going to go into the marketplace and gather more food. I've been getting a little low on food supply, maybe exchange one of the checks for more bits. I really don't know what to do with all these bits, but I won't splurge myself to look like some pimp, I still need to lay low. I know that Celestia is still on my tail, so I need to take a few days off. I hope that prissy princess will just give up already! I've never been caught ever, and even if I did, I'd find a way out. Like always. Until next time.

She then placed the quill next to the close journal and pushed both items in the back of the desk. She got up from the desk, and started walking towards her bed, when she saw an envelope slip through the bedroom door and the knocking started.

"Kotonaru! Another for you." A voice called out behind the door.

She then walked over, picking up the envelope, then opened the door, showing a pegasus stallion. He had a cow-like pattern on his coat, his natural white coat with a brown pattern. He also has brown eyes and a short main cut pointing upwards. The stallions name is Scribble Smooch. He was the one that found Kotonaru when she arrived in Equestria. Without him, Kotonaru would've been lost about everything. Scribble was kind enough to lead her to the building she's living in and teaching her about Equestria and trying to survive. But even through all the weeks being together, Scribble still doesn't know about her secret.

All Kotonaru did was give a nod saying thank you.

"Still not talking?" Scribble asked.

Kotonaru nodded.

"And you’re not going to tell me how you even got in your room without letting me notice?"

Another nod.

Scribble let out a small sigh. "You know, even though you’re only with me cause I'm your buddy in business, you’re really my only friend... You can tell me anything, I won't judge." He explained. "Anyways, if you need me, I'll be in my room and if you’re going to bed, night."

Kotonaru nodded in understanding. She then waved bye, and then closed the door behind her.

Back in the hallway, Scribble let out another sigh. "Sooner or later, you’re going to have to speak your mind and give up on this assassin thing." He said to himself.

In the bedroom, Kotonaru was eyeing the letter in her hands, wondering if she should wait until the morning or just open it now... She decided to open the envelope now.

She used her nails to open the envelope and saw the fancy hoof writing. She then started reading.

Dear Kotonaru,

I have heard about your 'job' and sent this letter to ask you to 'erase' somepony for me. His name is Brace Relay. He's the son of one of my former rivals. His father loves him dearly, so I need you to take his son out. For revenge. If you do this successfully, you'll be rewarded greatly. Here's an image of what the colt looks like. He'll be coming to Canterlot tomorrow with his dad. They’re staying the night at Black Stallion Hotel near the Canterlot Castle. His room number is 69. Don't dissapoint me.

There was no name at the end just some ink blots. Kotonaru took a look at the photo, seeing that the colt looked about eight and seeing the wheels attached to his waist. Showing that he was disabled. The colt has a light blue coat with a red main that had a flame style to it. She also saw that his cutie mark was a checkered flag that was on fire. This was actually the first time she had to kill a kid... or filly in pony terms.

She didn't know why, but Kotonaru had a nagging feeling in the back of her head, telling her to not do this. But if she didn't do it, this'll be the first time she ever refused to do a mission. She started getting a headache.

She decided to just wait till tomorrow to decide on to accepting the mission or not. She placed the letter on the desk, then pinned the photo on the wall of many other photos. She then walked over to her cheap looking bed, pulling the handmade cover over her, then slowly fell asleep.

She had nightmares.

~Back at the Castle~

"So. As we speak, that monster is reading the fake letter I sent to wherever that thing lives.

Giving information on who to assassinate, and where the victim is staying at; since she only strikes at night. I know that she won't refuse this offer. She never refuses a mission. So when she arrives at the bedroom, that's when we'll strike. Capturing the beast, and executing the thing once and for all." Blueblood explained his plan.

Of course the plan was actually a good enough plan. But Celestia didn't like the last part of it.

"Well, cousin? The plan is great, and I'm really thankful that you thought of it." Celestia complimented. "But, I don't think we need to execute Kotonaru. We haven't done this since- well before Luna had become Nightmare Moon."

"Oh, dear aunty. You’re too soft, that beast has killed many of your citizens and you’re going to just scold the thing then set it free?" Blueblood asked.

"I actually have a plan for her, but should she not err in her ways, then you may execute the creature." Celestia answered.

"Well... alright aunt Celestia. So what is your plan to change this creature?" Blueblood made the quotation mark with his hooves as he asked.

"I'm glad you ask my dear cousin."

Author's Note:

Hello everypony! I actually had this story idea planned the first day I signed up, but I just didn't know how to start this fic. But now I thought of a good enough begining.

By the way two things first. I don't have auto-correct on my laptop (Don't know why) so if there any spelling mistakes, just comment it below. And if your wondering what the colt looks like, here's the image I found: