• Published 22nd Jul 2014
  • 528 Views, 6 Comments

Rhythm's Game (World Ends With You Theme) - Rhythm The Music Mare



Going to be a alternating version of the World Ends With You game with different characters taking over the main cast

  • ...
1
 6
 528

Information (WIP)

Information Of The Main Storyline

The RG is Equestria, RG stands for RealGround and can be monitored one way from the UG. Even though the people of the RG cannot see those in the UG, they are still influenced by Players, Reapers, and the like by any major event, on several of the missions this infulence must spread from one location to another without any physical contact between these two differnt universes.

The UG is a parallel plane of existence of Equestria however the citys have been moved next to each other and classified as zones. I shall be using these zones from the map of Equestria based below, if you spot any silly mistakes please let me know.

Rules

All of the Game's staff are Reapers, with the exception of the Producer, who acts as an observer. The Game is run by the Composer. The Composer of the Game determines all the rules, which allow the Underground to exist. As such, the Composer controls the entire Underground's (UG's) existence and composition. The Conductor works underneath the Composer, ensuring that the Game's course follows the rules. He is advised and served by high-rank Reaper officers. One of the officers is chosen to be the Game Master for the week, whose duty is to both set the missions and ensure that as many Players as possible are erased to cull the player pool. Harriers work under the GM to erase Players by summoning Noise, while Support Reapers set up obstacles and provide resources for the Game.

Harrier class reapers may not attack players directly or assign official missions. However, if ordered to by the Conductor (or potentially the Composer, although he rarely interacts with Reapers), Harriers may attack special targets themselves. Harriers may also act to defend themselves; if a Player attacks them, then they may freely engage.

Players are unable to read the thoughts of any other Player or Reaper. If a Player's partner is erased, they will have seven minutes to form a new pact before being erased. There is no time-limit for forming a pact on the first day, although any Player not in a pact will likely be attacked by Noise relentlessly until they form one or are erased. Reapers may not engage directly with un-partnered Players, though they can and do summon Noise to attack them.

The "living" are not eligible to play the Game and are considered illegal entrants if they try to. Technically, Players are not dead, merely forcibly attuned to the UG and unable to interact directly with the RG, but generally Players are recruited in situations where they are close to death (such as suffering gun shot wounds, vehicular accidents, and among others).

Typically, the Game Master does not engage in the game directly until the 7th day (although they may act as they wish within the confines of the rules; some constantly taunt Players, others remain in the shadows). The Game Master is responsible for assigning missions and is largely free to choose any missions they desire (with some exceptions; Players cannot be forced to erase their partners, and it is likely that the mission must be able to be accomplished within Shibuya). All missions may be completed by any Player; all Players alive at the completion of the mission will benefit from this and advance to the next day. If no Player successfully completes a day's mission, all are erased. On the 7th day, the mission is always to defeat the Game Master.

In cases of extreme danger to the UG (such as a Reaper defecting to the Players, the presence of Taboo Noise, and potentially others), the Conductor (or the Composer) may place the UG under Emergency Call. In these situations, Reapers are required to wear specialized pins meant to strengthen their abilities (deemed "O-Pins"). The Game Master is not bound by this requirement. Reapers are also freed from restrictions and are allowed to attack Players without provocation.

The purpose of the Game is to determine who is worthy enough to be rewarded in the afterlife, or to be given a second chance at life, and to hopefully improve that individual through his or her experiences in the Game. This is the reason for the apparently cruel and deeply personal Entry Fee: taking away what the Players value most forces them to examine those values.

The Game is watched by the Angels of the Higher Plane. The Producer, one of the Angels, is chosen to interact with the Composer so that he can create and give requested items to the Composer. He may interact freely with any participant of the Game, be they Reaper or Player, as long as his role as the Producer is kept secret. One key rule governing the Producer's conduct is that he may not act to change the outcome of the Game by aiding the Players or Reapers directly. He is free to issue advice and explanations and to provide helpful items (like Harmonizer Pins), but he may not intervene in combat. The Producer also may not challenege a Player directly to combat.

After winning, Players may be presented with multiple options:

Weak players are erased even if they win. Some may simply throw away life and choose to be erased on their own will.

If a Player has done or participated in any illegal activities in the Game, they will be erased. Special exceptions may give them penalties, such as requiring them to play again, with no more chances to play anymore.

Players may become a Reaper. Most are recruited under Support class, but rare cases (Beat) can be recruited immediately into Harrier.

Players may come back to life. This is considered unusual. However, the Angels don't consider it to be a loss. The Player's art and music will find its way into his or her culture and increase the overall imagination of the population.

Those players who completed the game but have not earned the right to be revived (due to the preselected number) may be allowed to play the Game again. Entry Fees are refunded to the survivors, but each Game requires one Entry Fee. This may or not be the same as the Player's original Entry Fee: it will always be the Player's most precious thing, but what that thing is may have changed over the course of the Game due to the Player's experiences.

The absolute best of the Players are given the honor of ascending into the Higher Plane. Reapers may also ascend to the rank of Angel, although exactly how they are chosen remains a secret.

The Composer is the sole determinant of a Player's fate; he bases his decision on how the Player performed during the week. The Reapers score Players on various attributes (missions accomplished, Noise defeated, and among others), and these scores are a measure of the Player's performance. Although rare, Players who have been erased may be restored to life. In these cases, the losing Player forfeits his or her Entry Fee.

[Offical Rules From The Reaper's Game]

Powers (staring from weakest to strongest)

Player without a partner

A player without a parter is where either a player has not yet made a pact with another participant, or their partner has just been erasued within the game. If a player remains without a partner they are unable to face and erase noise since they would only be able to battle the noise from a single zone and not be able to erasure them from both zones. Normally being erasued by noise is what happens to them since noise is found everywhere and attacks players without partners on sight. If a player loses their partner they have only five minutes to find a new one before they too are erased however this rule can be posponed by the higher 3 powers.

Abilitys: None

Player With A Partner

When two players form a pact this allows them not to be targeted by normal noise however taboo noise can attack them regardless of a pact. Both players are then able to erase noise in both zones since they are in alternate zones while fighting the noise.

Abilitys: Can attack noise, are protected from random attacks by noise unless taboo noise, are protected from direct attack by reapers, Game master and Composer unless special circamstances say otherwise.

Reaper: Support

When a player sucessfully finishes the game they are allowed to join the reapers, the newest of these join the Support class which is where most reapers start off unless they are promoted into the Harrier class for a special reason. The support reapers do not attack the players however they close off different zones and issues small missions to clear the zones which they have blocked off.

Abilitys: All Reapers have the power to create Noise. Reapers have their own pins which they use to create different forms of Noise; they must also make use of a resource called "Soul." Most Noise will not attack players who have a Pact. Taboo Noise, however, freely attack anybody, Player or Reaper. Reapers can instantly erase any Noise that they themselves created. Reapers can make Pacts and work together like players; they can also project their Shadow onto the alternate plane to fight Noise - or groups of players - alone, but they are less effective in this case.

All Reapers are forbidden from attacking players directly except in exceptional circumstances. One such exceptional circumstance is an Emergency Call (EC) - an alert to an event that affects the continued existence of the UG. In this case, all Reapers - even Support Reapers - may directly engage Player

Reaper: Harrier

Harrier reapers are mid-ranking reapers who are permitted to act independently (within a few constraints) in order to erase Players during the game. Usually, the Game Master will specify when and where Harriers may act. Due to the rule that Reapers may not normally attack players directly, Harriers must summon Noise to attack the players. The Harrier reapers in the game include Uzuki Yashiro and Kōki Kariya.

Under special conditions as decided by the Conductor, it is possible for a new Reaper to join directly as a Harrier

Abilitys: All Reapers have the power to create Noise. Reapers have their own pins which they use to create different forms of Noise; they must also make use of a resource called "Soul." Most Noise will not attack players who have a Pact. Taboo Noise, however, freely attack anybody, Player or Reaper. Reapers can instantly erase any Noise that they themselves created. Reapers can make Pacts and work together like players; they can also project their Shadow onto the alternate plane to fight Noise - or groups of players - alone, but they are less effective in this case.

All Reapers are forbidden from attacking players directly except in exceptional circumstances. One such exceptional circumstance is an Emergency Call (EC) - an alert to an event that affects the continued existence of the UG. In this case, all Reapers - even Support Reapers - may directly engage Player

Game Master

The Game Master is an Officer-rank Reaper selected by the Composer to assign the missions for the Reapers' Game of that week. While the rank of Game Master doesn't affect one's power, it does grant more liberties than a non-Game Master has. For example, Game Masters have control over all the Reapers below the rank of Conductor.

Abilitys:

Can assign one mission per day during the Reapers' Game.

Can erase Players on Day 7.

Controls all Reapers below the rank of Conductor.

Free to erase other Reapers without punishment (Mitsuki Konishi killed 777).

Can assign a temporary Game Master to take their place if they ever need to vacate the Underground.

Has a Noise Form.

Conductor

The Conductor serves as the Composer's representative, transmitting orders from the Composer to the Reapers. Their respective roles are analogous to that of their musical counterparts: just as a composer writes music and a conductor interprets and communicates that music to the orchestra, so does the Game's Composer create plans and orders, and it falls to the Conductor to give those orders to the Reapers and ensure they are followed. they can also serve as a last line of defense, as he guards the entrance to the Composer's lair.

Can communicate with the Composer.

Acts as Second-in-Command in the Composer's absence. Under these conditions, the Conductor may select Game Masters and admit new Reapers.

If the existence of the UG is threatened, the Conductor can override the Composer's rules with an Emergency Call.

Can imprint Imagination onto Pins.

Immense strength and powerful psychs.

High authority among Reapers. As the Composer rarely gives orders to most Reapers, high-ranking Reaper Officers answer to the Conductor, and meet with him to receive their orders.

Producer

Producer is an Angel chosen to watch over the Reapers' Game and to make reports on it. The Producer also serves as a sort of guardian of the Game, traveling around Shibuya and making sure both Reapers and Players play by the rules set by the Composer.

The Producer's power is on the same tier as the Composer. The Producer wields immense strength in the Underground despite having to limit his power by "tuning down" his frequency to the travel to the Underground. One could only imagine his strength while in his homeworld of the Higher Plane.

Can travel between the Realground, Underground, Noise Realm, and Higher Plane

Can communicate with the Composer.

Can communicate with the Angels.

Incredible strength

Access to advanced (or magical) technology

Composer

The Composer is the leader of the Reapers and the ruler of the Underground. It falls upon the Composer's shoulders to create the rules for the Reapers' Game, and to judge the Players.

Can create the rules for the Reapers' Game.

Can promote/demote the Reapers.

Incredible strength in battle.

Able to communicate with the Producer, Sanae Hanekoma.

Controls the Reapers.

Assigns the Game Master for each week.

Sends the winning Players back to the Realground.

Can make a pact with a player without their permission.

Can have powers in the Realground.

[Note]

The previous tier of powers and abilities are used by the next up tier