• Published 21st Jul 2014
  • 2,299 Views, 87 Comments

For The One You Love - bahatumay



Macintosh has loved Fluttershy for a very long time. He'd happily propose… if she weren't already betrothed.

  • ...
15
 87
 2,299

Chapter 6

The crowd noticed this standoff, and quieted. Rainbow shifted forward to the edge of her cloud, nibbling at her hooves nervously. The fate of her friend's happiness was now out of her hooves; all she could do was watch.

Fluttershy was also watching intensely, hoping against hope that her parents would approve. She'd chewed down most of her hooves during the fight itself; now she was absentmindedly plucking out feathers.

The pegasi that looked like Fluttershy's parents flew down to the field and looked at Mac and slowly approached. There must have been some ceremonial acceptance procedure or something. Mac looked over to Rainbow Dash, but her eyes only flicked across Fluttershy's parents, nervously awaiting their decision. In contrast, Skyblaze's parents only glared with pure hatred from their cloud thrones, and Mac was distinctly grateful that they were staying up there.

The pegasus that looked like Fluttershy's father leaned over to his wife and spoke in a low murmur. “I'm not sure we can accept this as valid. He's an earth pony.”

Fluttershy's mother leaned in, and Mac could just barely make out her hushed words. “He's a good pony. This stallion just defeated one of the best warriors in Cloudsdale using no armor and bare-hooves, and he barely broke a sweat. And look at her, she's biting at the bit to go touch him. If you don't let Bri marry him, I just might do it myself!” She looked over at Mac and ran her tongue over her teeth. A cold shiver ran up Mac's back.

Regardless of race or age, every stallion knows when it is in his best interest to stand down and listen to what his mare is saying, and just try and save as much face as he can in the process. Fluttershy's father nodded and turned back to Macintosh, and when he spoke again, he addressed the crowd. “Truly you are a great and talented warrior, Macintosh of House Apple. It is an honor to join our houses together with the marriage of our daughter Warbringer.” He flicked a wing, indicating that Fluttershy should step forward.

Rainbow Dash let out a celebratory whistle and the crowd roared their approval as Macintosh slowly took Fluttershy by the hoof and kissed her.

And this time, nopony had any objections.


It was a slightly awkward ride back in the balloon. Rainbow had decided to fly home on her own, and so Macintosh and Fluttershy remained in the balloon as they drifted back towards Ponyville. There was a silence that seemed oddly heavy.

Mac finally broke it. "Would you have gone through with it?" he asked.

"Hm?"

"Marryin' him. Would you have done it?"

Fluttershy played with her hooves. "I think so," she whispered.

"Why?" Mac had to ask. "And why didn't you tell me you were engaged?"

"Betrothed," Fluttershy corrected quietly. "It wasn't my idea. It was for the honor of my House."

Mac rolled his eyes. Sometimes he wondered if ponies became nobility just to make up new convoluted concepts and ideas and then mock commoners for doing things logically.

Fluttershy sighed and looked down. "I don't know," she said. "I think I was just... scared."

"Of me?" Mac tasted something sour in his mouth. Had Fluttershy ever been afraid of him?

"Of you leaving me," Fluttershy corrected quietly. "What we had together was amazing, and I never wanted it to end. I knew you would if you knew; you're so honest and honorable. I guess I was just selfish. I'm sorry."

Mac cracked a smile. "It's fine. You make it sound like we did more than just cuddlin'," he said, "but that's as far as we went."

"For now."

Fluttershy quickly clapped her hooves over her mouth, shocked that something like that had come out. For his part, Mac could only stare. Sure, maybe he'd thought about doing... things... to Fluttershy; but this was the first time it really dawned on him that she might want him like that, too.

"B- but I do love that you came back for me," Fluttershy finally said, her face burning red. "And... and fought for me..." She reached over and gently brushed a hoof over some of the bruising, and then she swallowed. "And I'll really make it up to you tonight." She rested her head on his chest, making sure not to push too hard against any injury.

Mac absentmindedly stroked her mane. He was already making plans.


It is strange to note that sometimes cultures are drastically different, yet they are very much the same in some respects. For example, the sanctity of that first night after the wedding is considered to be of supreme importance in both pegasus and earth pony culture. In a strange series of events, Apple Bloom just so happened to have a CMC sleepover at their clubhouse tonight, Applejack was invited to a DPSBMAFCB (this was all Pinkie Pie's doing, of course) sleepover/party at Sugarcube Corner that promised to last all night and probably all week, and Granny Smith found she suddenly had some urgent business to see to in the next town over and simply would have to be gone for the next couple of days.

This is how Macintosh and Fluttershy found themselves all alone in the farmhouse, with nothing to do.

Well, of course, besides each other, that is; and Macintosh was determined to not mess it up. They'd done plenty of cuddling and sleeping together in the same bed, but this would be their first night together.

Macintosh started it off right by making a lovely dinner, but it was eaten quickly and quietly, and Macintosh caught Fluttershy making longing looks up the stairs every so often.

Finally, right as Mac was about to slice the pie, her self control ran out. She set her fork down and gave a tiny cough before hiding her face behind her mane.

“Can we… you know… before dessert?” she asked as she blushed about the color of an apple.

A true gentlecolt never leaves his mare waiting. Mac put the cover back on the pie and followed Fluttershy upstairs. He then had to take the lead when she walked into the first bedroom without realizing that it was Apple Bloom's.

They looked at each other and giggled and blushed. The first time is always the most awkward, isn't it?

They entered Mac's room, the right room this time. Mac shut the door, and Fluttershy checked the shades and made sure they were closed from any and all prying eyes.

The nervousness that Mac had been suppressing came bubbling up as Fluttershy bolted the door shut. He froze. He had no idea what to do. He had planned up to this point and then figured he'd instinctively know what to do; and he didn't. He coughed lightly. “Ah've never…” he started.

Fluttershy blushed and squeaked. “It's fine,” she said. “Just do what comes naturally. And maybe…” Leaning in, Mac could just barely hear her quiet request for being taken from behind, ending with “-and can you please lick the base of my wings, too?”

Mac laughed lightly. “Anythin' for you, Fluttershy. Any more special requests?” he asked, giving her a gentle kiss on the tip of her nose.

Should she say it? She wanted to say it, and her body fully agreed that she should, but that would make her sound so dirty... She swallowed and nodded. She would. “J- just one,” she said. She turned around, looked back, and looked him right in the eyes. Blue met green with a special, unspoken connection. “Please, don’t be gentle.”

Big Mac paused, then blushed furiously. “F- Fluttershy? Are you sure?”

Fluttershy smiled as she turned away from him. Her tail flicked briefly to the right. “I wouldn’t have asked if I didn’t mean it.”


It was around noon the next day when Big Mac entered the kitchen. He barely glanced at the cluttered plates and melted candles all over the table, remnants of last night’s dinner. He had more important things to worry about. Currently, Fluttershy was hungry, and he intended to fix this.

He had made the sandwich, cut the crusts off (but left them on the plate, as Fluttershy would often feed them to visiting birds), and had arranged it nicely on a plate when he was suddenly interrupted by a large yawn and a flash of blue.

"Lunch in bed for Fluttershy?"

Mac spun around in surprise, nearly dropping lunch. He hadn't seen Rainbow Dash there, but there she was, lounging on a couch, peering up at him quizzically.

"I've heard of breakfast in bed," she continued, arching her back and stretching her whole body out, "but lunch in bed is new."

Macintosh really wasn't sure what to say to that, and so remained silent.

Rainbow Dash pushed herself up off of the couch and stretched her forelegs. "Fluttershy promised to come down earlier for this thing Rarity's doing, and she always keeps her promises. So why is she still here?" Rainbow asked.

Mac wasn’t sure what to say to that, either, and so he merely coughed lightly.

Suddenly, Rainbow’s eyes shot open wide with understanding, and a sly grin spread across her face. "Ohh... She can't walk after last night, can she?"

Mac froze ever so slightly. He tried to respond, but that tiniest hesitation gave Rainbow all the answer she needed.

"Awwww, yeah!" she cheered, throwing her hooves up in celebration at her friend’s accomplishment. Oblivious to Mac's embarrassment, Rainbow reared up on her back hooves and began to dance. "Go, go Flutters! Go, go, go Flutters!" Still on her rear hooves and still chanting, she danced around the table and right out the door.

Once the world had started making sense again, Mac shook his head and sighed. "Ya got strange friends, Fluttershy."

But to be honest, that was perfectly all right with him.

Author's Note:

It's still a little rushed, maybe, but it's a bit better. Might come fix more later. Thanks to SFaccountant for suggestions.