• Published 27th Jun 2014
  • 988 Views, 38 Comments

Bootlegging - L_Wolf



Progress is good for most ponies, but some new inventions can be a double edge blade.

  • ...
3
 38
 988

Chapter Twenty: Cutie Mark When?

Chapter Twenty
Cutie Mark When?

Once she had finished her coffee she went out to the cider barn, her sister and brother should be up by now and she hadn't seen them in the house. "AJ? Big Mac y'all in here?" She called out looking around, though she didn't see them nor did they answer. "Huh... must be out bucking trees." She moved over to her car and adjusted the passenger seat so she could refit the SMG under it, this time taking the time to rig a holster so it would be easier to pull it free.

She looked the SMG over before putting it away, unlike the shotgun which had a muzzle handle and fired by biting down on the grip, the SMG had a hoof grip like a brace and fired by pushing a hoof trigger. She wasn't sure about it at first but, however it wasn't as hard as though to get use to, just a little awkward tilting her hoof to fire the thing.

"Apple Bloom?" She heard her name being called while finishing the mounting for the SMG. She sat up and looked around.

"Scoots? Is that ya?" She answered spotting the pegasus inside the cider barn looking around. "Out here in the back." She called to her.

"Whatcha doing out here?" Scootaloo asked moving to the back where Apple Bloom was working. "New car?"

Apple Bloom nods putting her tools in the tool box and closing the door. "Sweetie didn't tell ya I needed a new one?" She asked tilting her head.

Scootaloo shook her head looking at the new car whistling, "It's nice, looks fast as well. You have an accident or something?"

Apple Bloom folded her ears back nodding, "Or something..." She said picking up the tool box and taking it into the barn.

Scootaloo followed after her, "Or something? Gonna tell me what happen? Not to much happens here outside of that police pony snooping around from time to time."

Apple Bloom sighed looking at Scootaloo, "Be thankful for that Scoots." She grumbled, "I had to ditch my old car in Manehatten bay. I'm sure you heard on the radio about what happen in Manehatten."

Scootaloo's eyes went wide, "So that was you involved in all that. That must of been exciting!"

Apple Bloom flatten her ears back before snapping as she stomped a hoof. "It was anything BUT exciting!" She growled. "It was terrifying! I've been guilt ridden ever since, because of how many ponies got hurt and killed." She looked away closing her eyes. "That car wasn't empty when I ditched it..." She shuddered before taking a deep breath and sighed, "I don't like the pony I'm turning into Scootaloo and I don't want you and Sweetie Belle turning into the same kind of pony I am."

Scootaloo's eyes went wide, her wings and ears drooping as she listen to Apple Bloom. "A... Apple Bloom... I didn't know I'm sorry." She said tucking her wings back at her side before putting a hoof on her shoulder. "You know me and Sweetie are always here for you. If you need help just ask we'll do whatever we can to help."

Apple Bloom smiled a little, "I know Scoots, and that scares me just as much. I... I never should of got you two involved." She sat down and shaking her head, "I'm in way to deep, these ponies I'm working for are very dangerous..." She gave Scootaloo as sad smile, "I know you and Sweetie Belle want to help, but I would feel so much better if you two got out while you can. The restaurant is doing good, work on that."

Scootaloo stared at her for a moment before bonking her on the head. "Don't be stupid! We are in this together, remember?" She scolded before tilting her head, "Hey... Apple Bloom when did you get a cutie mark?"

"What? I don't have..." She said slowly before looking, she had been constantly wearing her duster to hide her shotgun so she never noticed she had a gotten her cutie mark at some point. It was a like Blue Note had suggested what felt like months ago a steering wheel, but stylized to look like a cross hair. "I don't know when I got that... maybe in Manehatten? Everything was so hectic I must not of notice it."

"Well, you have, congratulations Apple Bloom." Scootaloo grinned, "It looks great." She went to where the cider was stored and grabbed two bottle. "We should celebrate," She passed one to the earth pony, before opening her own and taking a drink.

Apple Bloom was still looking at the cutie mark before taking the bottle and opened it drinking from it, "Thanks Scoots, though I hate to think my talents are limited to driving and shooting." She chuckled dryly. "We should show Sweetie Belle later."

Scootaloo nods sipping her cider, "Oh, ya that reminds me why I came out here. I wanted to show you something." She stated getting up putting the bottle down.

"Ya? What is that?" She asked taking another drink before putting her own bottle down so she can follow Scootaloo.

"I'd been saving my cut of the profits from the cider and restaurant business." Scootaloo said leading her out of the barn to show her a motorcycle, "I saved up enough to get this and replace my old scooter." She grinned.

Apple Bloom let out a low whistle, "Nice, a Buffalo 350 Motorcycle. That is pretty slick Scoots. I didn't know you had a licencees."

Scoots shakes her head, "Not for cars, but I took the motorcycle test and got one, riding that scooter all those years helped." She smiled.

She nods at Scootaloo, "I imagine it did." She chuckles, "Should of guessed a motorcycle would suit you more than a car."

Scootaloo nods before looking at Apple Bloom, her mood serious again. "I do mean it though, me and Sweetie Belle are here for you if you need any help alright? All you have to do is ask alright?"

Apple Bloom sighed, before smiling, "I know thank you Scootaloo."

Author's Note:

Unedited as of right now, but shall be edited and proof-read later.