• Published 27th Jun 2014
  • 985 Views, 38 Comments

Bootlegging - L_Wolf



Progress is good for most ponies, but some new inventions can be a double edge blade.

  • ...
3
 38
 985

Chapter Twenty-One: Now What?

Chapter Twenty-One
Now What?

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo talked for a bit longer before Scootaloo left, returning to the restaurant to help Sweetie Belle get things ready for the lunch rush... "Wait... lunch rush... where are Applejack and Big Mac?" Apple Bloom mused turning to look towards the apple orchard. She didn't see them out in their, it was possible they had gone into town.

Apple Bloom frowned a bit peering slowly around the farm as an uneasy feeling started to grip her. She shakes her head lightly, "Get a hold of yourself, Applejack and Big Mac can handle themselves. Besides, Ruby and Noi said they would have ponies keeping an eye on the farm to keep them safe..." Apple Bloom told herself trying to squash that uneasy feeling.

It didn't help though as she made her way into the kitchen looking around, it was clean and quiet like it should be. "I know I said I wanted a quiet day but... by Celestia this is getting under my coat." She thought to herself before turning and head to her car. She would look around town for any sign of her siblings, and if not ask Ruby and Noi if they knew anything.

After climbing into the driver seat she started the engine and pulled around to the driveway and started on her way into town. However, halfway down the dirt path leading to the main road going to Ponyville she spotted her brother and sister coming down the road pulling apple carts. Letting out a sigh of relief she slows and pulls over shutting off the engine and rolling down the window. "Applejack! Big Mac!" She calls to the waving a hoof.

"Hey Apple Bloom, whatcha doing?" Applejack called back to her sister, pulling the wagon to a stop and releasing herself from the harness going walking over to her.

Apple Bloom calmed down seeing that the two where safe, "Just heading into town to have lunch at the restaurant." She glanced at the wagons, "Y'all coming back from the market?" She asked.

"Yep, the apples sold pretty well as always." Applejack told her smiling. "Just on our way back." Applejack seemed to consider for a moment before speaking up. "Hey Apple Bloom, when y'all get home we need to talk okay?"

Apple Bloom didn't like the sound of that, but nods. "Sure sis, let's talk when I get back." She replied smiling faintly. "I should hurry though."

Applejack sighed softly but nodded, "Alright drive safe." She said backing away from the car.

Apple Bloom started the engine and carefully pulled away moving around the wagons before continuing on her way into town, she rolled up the window as she did so.

Applejack watched her go before getting hooked back into the wagon, "This is the right choice, right Big Mac?"

Big Mac nodded, "Eeyup, this has gone on long enough."

The Two continued to the farm as Apple Bloom turned onto the main road to Ponyville.

Apple Bloom got into town and made her way around to the restaurant, pulling around to the back to parking near the loading dock. She let out a deep breath shutting off the engine closing her eyes, "What are those two up to...?" Apple Bloom wondered before hearing a knock on her window.

Apple Bloom sat up looking to see Officer Starling looking in at her. Rolling her eyes she rolled the window down. "How can I help you officer?" She asked.

"This is a no parking zone, I'll need you to step out of the car so I can search it." He snorted.

"Horse apples, this is private property and private parking. Property I own I can park here." She stated narrowing her eyes. "Now git... officer."

The officer folded his ears back, "I have authority to search this vehicle and you on suspicion of illegal activities. Now, I wont say this again, step out of the car now, or I'll call in more police ponies and we'll strip the car down, then this restaurant for any hint of illegal activities."

Apple Bloom gritted her teeth and folding her ears back, "Fine, officer." She said, glancing at the rear view mirror before down the alleyway not seeing anyone in the alley besides herself and the officer. She moves to open the door before quickly snapping the door opening cracking him across the chest hard. She then whacked him across the muzzle hard dazing him.

Officer Starling stumbled back holding him muzzle and trying to clear the fog. Apple Bloom got out quickly and spun around bucking him hard against the brick wall of the building knocking him out cold. "Dammit all to Tartarus." Apple Bloom growled, the noise drew out Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle.

"What is going out on here?" Scootaloo demanded coming out of the building. She spots Apple Bloom then her gaze falls on the unconscious police pony. "Apple Bloom what happen?" She gasped going to check on her, as Sweetie Belle went to check on Officer Starling.

Apple Bloom folded her ears back, "He left me no choice, he demanded to search my car or he would bring in ponies to rip into the walls of the restaurant."

"He's still breathing, just unconscious." Sweetie said before turning to Apple Bloom. "Are you carrying anything?" Sweetie Belle asked, when Apple Bloom shook her head, "Then why not let him search the car?"

Apple Bloom thought, then shook her head, "I... I don't have an excuse..." Apple Bloom hung her head her ears dropping, "I should of let him I just didn't think about it."

Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle sighed before nodding at her, "We'll deal with that later... what do we do about this guy?"

Apple Bloom frowned a bit, "We can't let him leave, he'll rat us out..." She gritted her teeth, "Damn it I wanted to keep this away from you guys." She sighed, "Get some rope..."

Author's Note:

Shall be edited soon