• Published 25th Jun 2014
  • 921 Views, 10 Comments

Twilight's Secret Shipfic Snippits of A Deranged Author - Scarlett Haze



A series of one-shot fics for a contest held by Twilight Sparkle's Secret Shipfic Folder.

  • ...
8
 10
 921

The Quiet Game (Fluttershy x Fluttershy)

This was interesting.

These were the only words that both Fluttershy's had going through their minds as they looked at each other from separate sides of their living rooms. Neither one wanted to make a move to startle the other. It was a game of patience, and both of them were excellent in it. The standstill kept going, making the animals that watched on tense. Not even Angel, Fluttershy's trusted pet and friend could differentiate between the two.

While everything else felt tense, the Fluttershy's couldn't have been at more peace. Having to fully look at yourself without the need of a mirror felt... natural. True, what they were experiencing would be considered unnatural to the laws of science, time, space, and whatever other laws that may have applied, but that's just how it was.

Both made the first step, opposite to each other. It meant that both Fluttershy's opened with a right hoof, surely meaning the left was sure to come next.

Left. They both began to go in a circle around themselves. Perhaps that was for the best. Who knows what may happen if they were to touch.

Could they touch?

Right, Left, Pause. The space became shorter between the two, but still neither were within arms length yet. They observed the eyes, hoping to read one another for what to do next. At one moment, both of them performed the Stare against one another, and neither one flinched. Could either one accept each other? That would sound crazy! It would be like not accepting yourself!

When did they get close enough to touch noses? She's just right there. Your very self is breathing the same air as you are. You could just... peck her on the lips? No. Don't do that, you are meant to be kind to others, not to yourself.

Right, Left, Pause. She's on the other side of you now. Your heart can't beat any louder or harder than it is now. So why don't you want it to stop?

Just... one... kiss?

Right, Left, Kiss.

Oh, Celestia, you needed that so bad. The way you feel your own tongue as it dances around your own. It's sooooo wrong, but nopony can tell you that except yourself. You pull away, a little spit still hanging between your lips. You want her, and you can see in her eyes that she wants you.

You speak at the same time, "My bed, or yours?"

Author's Note:

This story section is based on this card: