• Published 25th Jun 2014
  • 921 Views, 10 Comments

Twilight's Secret Shipfic Snippits of A Deranged Author - Scarlett Haze



A series of one-shot fics for a contest held by Twilight Sparkle's Secret Shipfic Folder.

  • ...
8
 10
 921

So THAT'S What That Does! (Rarity x Fluttershy)

Rarity looked at the dog collar in confusion. It arrived with the rest of her mail, same time as it usually was delivered, same mail mare with screwed up eyes trying to stuff it in her flower pots.

"Who would have had the outright gall to send this to me?" Rarity said, feeling somewhat offended that this piece of leather was sent to her. She did have to admit however that the red ruby that hung on the ring in the front looked mighty fine. Perhaps that was the offset to the collar?

What had started as disgust slowly turned to curiousity, Rarity touched the leather and felt its craftmanship as it passed over her hoof. And that ruby! My goodness, if she could remove it from the collar, it would go perfect... well, anywhere!

"Maybe..." Rarity mumbled to herself before wrapping the collar around her neck. She felt the straps latch on and her giddyness of what she may see looking back at her made her zip up to the closest full dress mirror she could find. The mirror gave her the image, but she thought it was not enough.

"The beret!" She cried out, immediately going through her clothing and putting it on alongside her black sweater. Returning to the mirror, her tail wagged with eager anticipation as she looked over herself.

Her tail... wagged?

A moments pause allowed Rarity to see a spiked dog's tail behind her, not only that, but it was white, even moreso, it was hers!

Breaths became short as Rarity's body began to convulse, her body lengthening in an awkward way. Her horn began to shrink away, making any attempts at reversing the transformation futile. Her fur lengthened and fluffed, her ears twitched and curled, her own hooves split apart and formed into paws.

Rarity reeled back on her rear legs, finding balance on standing on them and brought her right paw up to steel herself from the shock, only to pose in a dramatic fashion as her clothing began to tear off and her beret fell off.

***

Fluttershy finished her daily rounds of animal care and patted herself gently, removing any excess fur and feed that may have fell on her. She was certainly prepared for what may come. She felt the adventure bug hit her with full force as she opened her front door to greet the day, only to see a shivering white diamond dog at her door, crying pitifully.

"Fluttershy, you have to help me."

Fluttershy could distinctly hear Rarity's voice behind the added gruffness, adding to her shock and now removing any semblance of adventure. "M-M-M-Me?"

Rarity tried to move inside, and succeeded as Fluttershy stepped aside and let the new form of Rarity seat herself on the couch. "I've thought hard about it, and you can be the only one that will be able to." She lifted her paw and began counting off of it, "Applejack would see me as a monster, Rainbow Dash would think of this as some kind of joke, Pinkie... I don't even know what she would even do! And Twilight..."

She slumped forward, "Twilight would do everything else BUT find a way to cure me, just so she could write down anything about this." Rarity's wet eyes looked back at Fluttershy as she stood below her, "But, look at me! I've become an animal!"

Fluttershy attempted to calm Rarity as she cried into the pillows of the couch, attempting her best to keep her claws from ripping into anything. "Come on now," Fluttershy calmly cooed. "What about you in any way is an animal? I don't see that at all."

Rarity rolled on the couch, still wailing loudly as Fluttershy continued on. "You may have changed into a different species, but I still see Rarity, the fashionista, the bold." Fluttershy nuzzled into Rarity's side and hugged her, "My friend."

Rarity's tears seemed to stop as she sniffled and returned the hug.

"Now, let's get you back on your... paws," Fluttershy smiled. "We'll get through this, together."

***

It took some time, but Rarity now rested soundly in Fluttershy's home. Tomorrow, they would tell the rest of what transpired and learn how to help her as best they could.

A moment of sadness crossed her as she looked at the collar that hung on Rarity's neck. She had found the collar lying on the road and thought it was much too pretty for any of her animal compatriots to have, not to mention it was sized just right to fit around a pony's neck. She resigned herself to give it to Ditzy that day to send it with Rarity's mail, knowing that something like that would fit her personality a lot more.

She didn't know it would change Rarity like this. In the glow of the moon, Fluttershy gave a look to Rarity as she slept, seeing the peace that was with her then. That moment of sadness ended and turned itself into a moment of bliss. Perhaps this change in Rarity may not have been as bad as they both thought.

Author's Note:

This story section is based on this card:

May actually expand on this in the later future as well...