• Published 25th Jun 2014
  • 921 Views, 10 Comments

Twilight's Secret Shipfic Snippits of A Deranged Author - Scarlett Haze



A series of one-shot fics for a contest held by Twilight Sparkle's Secret Shipfic Folder.

  • ...
8
 10
 921

Sage Advice (Zecora x Spike)

It had been a long time since Spike had seen and approached Zecora's hut. The hanging bottles and masks around the tree still gave him a chill along the back of his scales.

But, he had to know.

Spike knocked on the door to the hut and nervously waited for her to come out. Ever since he had hit puberty, his emotions were all over the place. He cried openly when he read tragic stories. He would become enraged over stubbing his toe and tear a room apart just because of it. His heart now cut off his voice just by looking at Rarity and how she moved oh so gently.

But, he had to know.

Zecora finally opened her door, the smell of intoxicating potions and herbs making Spike's knees weak. The smell wasn't bad, in fact, far from it. It made his whole body relax, his eyes go heavy, his heart beat louder.

"Purple dragon of Twilight's care! Forgive my lateness in answering, for I was doing my hair!"

Spike tried to snap himself back into focus, but found himself eying Zecora ever so slowly. Her white and black mohawk had yet to be done, leaving it hanging over her left ear. Her eyes... by Celestia, the pools of blue almost wanted him to jump right in. Though Spike had no interest in gold, this time he followed the rings down her neck to her grey chest, it too was still damp from the bath that he had interrupted.

Spike could find no words to say as Zecora motioned him inside, almost entranced by the zebra's look and movement. Finding the seat that Zecora pointed to him, he sat and watched as the zebra's flank moved side to side away from him.

He had to know.

"Can a dragon and pony ever be in love?!" He screamed out, forcing the words that had been held back for so long. After saying them, his claws clasped over his mouth, too late to stop them.

Zecora's motion was stopped just as well in reaction to Spike's words, as though a spell that allowed time to forever freeze in that one spot was cast. Spike watched as Zecora turned her head back to him, a look of concern and care on her face before she gave a knowing smile.

"Love is complicated and uncertain," she began as she stepped forward to Spike. "But, I believe that all need done is drop the curtain."

Spike remained quiet, not wanting to speak or stop Zecora from putting her hooves on his shoulders.

He wanted to know.

"Kiss me," he whispered.

"To prove that love is boundless," Zecora breathed. "My lips to yours, I'll press."

The two stayed in that spot, lips touching and bodies warming. Spike felt everything in his body go off, like a furnace had finally been stoked enough to ignite and set off a chain reaction within him. He had questioned who he wanted to be with for a long time, and Rarity had felt like the answer for a long time in his life. But, not now. All he wanted was Zecora, right there, in her house, on this chair, in this moment.

He knew.

Author's Note:

This story section is based on this card: