• Published 15th Jul 2012
  • 2,750 Views, 31 Comments

The Search for the Rogue Pony Prince - JuneLuxray2



When Prince Blueblood is missing and wanted for his crimes, the group sets out to stop him again.

  • ...
4
 31
 2,750

Encounter With The A-List

The group had arrived early- along with the majority of the town. Every now and then somepony would ask why Spike was a dragon; Twilight would immediately claim that he had just been affected differently by what happened, and most seemed to believe it, too concerned with other matters to question the matter further. Jack had been silent the whole way there and looked nervous. However, upon arrival, he murmured something to his wife and turned to the others. "Alright, stay here. Mrs. Fenton and I have some business to attend to with...the mayor..."

They walked off immediately and soon the other parents followed them off. Rainbow Dash looked around, and then smirked. "Well, would ya look at that?" she said aloud. She pointed to a large group of teenagers all nervously talking, some of which trying to text with awkward hooves. But barely any of them had cutie marks.

Applejack smiled. "Shoot, we oughta tell the Cutie Mark Crusaders that it takes even longer for ponies here to find their special talents! At least ninety-nine percent of all th' ponies their age don't even have a highfalutin cutie mark!" she said. Tucker pulled out his PDA and snapped a picture of the scene.

"I'll print this later for you to show to the Crusaders," he said, putting the PDA back away. "But I'm a little concerned. Spike's the only dragon here, so won't anyone find it a little suspicious that he's not a pony?"

"Please!" Rarity scoffed. "If they can't notice the dreadfully obvious connection between Fenton and Phantom, I doubt they're wise enough to notice that Spike's the only dragon."

Pinkie frowned. "Hey, nopony here is smiling! What's wrong with these ponies?" she asked aloud. A few passing ponies stopped and gave her a blank stare before walking on.

"It's probably because of what just happened. I mean, if I was suddenly turned into a human with no explanation...well...oh goodness! I don't know how I would react!" Fluttershy said. Pinkie groaned.

"But don't they know that they can at least make a bad situation a little better by being optimistic?"

"Nope. Humans seem to be a lot more pessimistic that ponies." Jazz said. "Bit of a shame. Smiling actually improves mental and physical health. It releases chemicals in the brain that make you happy! So it's wonderful that you can stay so happy, Pinkie. Wish I could do that."

"But you can, Jazz! All you have to do is smile, smile, smile! It's true, some days are dark and lonely...and maybe you feel sad...but Pinkie will be there to show you it isn't that bad!" she sang. "See? Maybe I should sing that from the beginning!" Pinkie was about to open her mouth and begin to sing, but all of a sudden a large, crimson hoof nudged her. She stopped short and turned around. Behind her was a group of haughty looking ponies that were teenagers, much like Danny, Sam, Tucker, and Jazz. The hoof belonged to a large earth pony with a short, blond mane- his cutie mark was a football. Behind him was a navy blue pegasus pony with short black hair and no cutie mark. Two mares were by them, one a hot pink unicorn pony with a nearly flawless coat and a flowing, black mane. Her cutie mark was a makeup mirror. The other was a pale pink- much paler than Jazz's- earth pony with a blond mane with a flower by the ear and no cutie mark.

The earth pony who had gotten Pinkie's attention frowned. "'Scuse me, but do ya know anyone named Fenton, Foley, or Manson? Do you know where they are?" he asked. The trio before her began waving their hooves to try to tell her no, but she did not pick up the hint.

"Oh, totally! They're some of my best friends! In fact, they're right behind me!" she said, standing aside. Danny's ears flipped back nervously, Sam face-hoofed, and Tucker covered his face with the bag he was carrying that had multiple PDA supplies. Dash turned to Pinkie.

"Thanks...whoever you are...Fentasus!" Dash snapped, walking up. Danny reacted by flapping his wings and lifting himself in the air, away from where Dash could reach him. This action momentarily caught the jock by surprise, as almost none of the pegasus ponies could fly yet, but he shrugged it off and scowled. "Coward! Fentasus, what happened to us? What did your freaky parents do?"

Rainbow flew up and floated in front of Dash's face. "And who do you think you are?" she snapped. Dash tried to push her away, but Rainbow was faster and flew back and flew beside Danny. "The name's Rainbow Dash! And-"

"What, your name is Rainbow Dash? But my name is Dash! I'm Dash Baxter!" he snapped. "And Rainbow? Geez, people give their kids weird names..."

"Well, obviously, I use the name better. And I'm a few years older, so I had it first. Who do you think you are?" Rainbow asked coolly.

"They're the A-list kids from our school." Sam said flatly. "A bunch of snotty brats."

"How dare you? I'm no snotty brat!" Paulina said, playing with her mane. "You're just freaks, goth geek."

"Okay, that was uncalled fer!" Applejack said. "State yer business and go. We don't have time for this." she said, observing as Fluttershy nervously hid behind Danny and Rainbow in the air. Dash growled.

"I want to know who's behind this. It had to be a ghost- and your parents work with those. What do you nerds know?"

"Nothing, Dash. And even if we did, why would we tell you?" Danny said. "Whatever's going on is not in our power. We did nothing and know nothing. Go away."

"Come down here and say it to my face."

"Sprout some wings and come up here and make me." Danny retorted. Dash turned to the pegasus beside him.

"Kwan, your cue." he said. Kwan nodded and then grunted. He tried to flap his wings. He gained an inch off of the ground before crashing back down. Star looked to him and then up.

"It's so weird that he can't fly but you all can with no trouble."

"Yeah! What do you know?" Dash demanded. "Speak up before Paulina uses her magic to make you come down."

Paulina frowned. "How do you know I can do magic right off the bat?" she asked stubbornly. Dash turned to her.

"Well, you're a unicorn, like Folicorn! If he can use magic along with their new friends, I don't see why you can't..."

"Unicorn magic takes practice." Twilight Sparkle said. "You can't just do it right away."

"How would you know?" Star asked. "And what's with the dragon? Why isn't he a pony?"

Twilight nervously laughed. "Ah...well, uh-"

"Such nerve!" Rarity said, offended. "I don't believe we did anything to warrant such suspicion. We're just ponies minding our own business. To answer your questions, the dragon, Sp- I mean..."

"Steven!" Twilight said off the top of her head. Spike gave her a look, and Rarity picked it up.

"Yes, Steven...was just affected differently. He's just a...little boy, just leave him alone. And as for the magic, anything done right takes practice. Now do you see why?" she said. Paulina stared at her, then concentrated. She took for Fluttershy's tail as a target, but all she managed to get was the very tip. Fluttershy squeaked in terror and shook it off with no effort. Paulina gasped, tired by the little effort put into the magic. Danny glared at the A-list.

"Unless you have a proof we did anything, I suggest you go away. You can't get us up here."

"And he has more than one friend here today with him. You mess with them, you mess with us." Rainbow said, sharing a brohoof with Danny. Dash realized he was outnumbered and scowled again.

"Fine, you win this round, Fentasus. Don't try anything funny." he snapped, and then they walked off. Pinkie frowned.

"Goodness, how mean!"

"What's mean?" came Maddie's voice. They turned to see Danny's parents approaching. Danny landed.

"Long story. We'll explain later. What were you guys up to?"

"Just giving a talking-to to Vlad. Now quiet- he's starting. I have to hear this." Jack said, turning to see Vlad walk up to a podium.