• Published 15th Jul 2012
  • 2,750 Views, 31 Comments

The Search for the Rogue Pony Prince - JuneLuxray2



When Prince Blueblood is missing and wanted for his crimes, the group sets out to stop him again.

  • ...
4
 31
 2,750

Cake and A Letter

The ponies entered Earth. Twilight's horn glowed and teleported them to the mayor's office. Rarity opened the thermos and out came a dazed Vlad. He didn't even have a chance to regain his bearings before Applejack gave him a hard buck to the head, knocking him out. The unicorn changed back to normal. Twilight propped him up on his seat to make it look like he was just taking a nap, and Twilight teleported them again, this time out of the mayor's office. Pinkie Pie looked about.

"So where are we going to this?"

"I suggest we head back to the Fenton's house. When everypony changes back, I don't want us to be in the middle of things in the open. We're real ponies, so we can't risk revealing ourselves again...unless anypony has a better idea..." she said, looking to the group. Nopony said anything, so Twilight nodded. "Right."

She moved them to the house, on top of the roof. Applejack opened the door for a quick getaway, and the ponies started. The jewelry began to glow brightly, surrounding each pony with a soft light. They were lifted into the air into a circle, Twilight Sparkle in the center. When their eyes opened, it was revealed that their entire eyes had turned a pure white, glowing sharply. A rainbow shield surrounded them and grew wider and wider. Citizens in the town below gave a startled look to the roof and began to scream and run- but as the shield passed over them, they stopped short. Their eyes went blank.

The ponies became mere shadows in the shield as it turned began to glow so fiercely that onlookers had to shield their eyes. With a rumble, the entire place was engulfed in the light. It lasted for a few seconds before it suddenly faded. Humans stood where their pony self once did, blinking in befuddlement. The ones who had used the Elements of Harmony were long gone now, the door that Applejack opened closed shut.


It was nine a.m. in the morning. The Ponyville Hospital was bustling even in the morning- newsstands declared Blueblood's capture. Danny was reading Daring Do and the Quest for the Sapphire Statue, a book Rainbow Dash gave him upon hearing how bored the boy was. For a pony who was used to being on the go a lot with hunting ghosts, sitting in a hospital bed with a wrapped up wing and a bunch of bandages decorating his side wasn't exactly the most exciting thing ever. But the book captivated him, and he found himself reading every word eagerly of the novel, already deciding that it was his favorite book ever.

He was forced to put his book down with the nurse came in and told him he had a visitor. The colt was at first annoyed to put down the book, but when the visitor made herself present, he forgot all about Daring Do. Sam made her way into the room. Danny placed the book on the nightstand next to him and looked up at her. "Morning, Sam. Where's everyone else?"

"They're coming, but...I wanted to get here a bit earlier. You see...I kind of need to talk to you about something." the earth pony said, her ears folding back nervously. Danny smiled.

"Well, I'm happy you're here. What can I do for you, Sam?"

"Um...that was...really brave of you to save me from that blast. Even if now you're stuck in a bed, being bored."

Danny chuckled. "It's not so bad. It was at first, but then Rainbow Dash gave me a "get well" gift that was a book, and a pretty good book at that...uh, anyhow..." He awkwardly grinned. Sam giggled.

"You see, um...I...I'm going to tell you something, and if you don't like it, I'll shut up and forget about it...I like you." She stopped and blushed violently. "I've liked you for a long time...and was too embarrassed to admit it. And-" She was cut off when Danny closed her mouth with his hoof. He looked up into her eyes and then leaned forward and kissed her. She was caught by shock for a mere second before kissing back. It lasted a few seconds before a laugh came.

"You owe me five bits, Applejack!"

The two looked up to see the rest of their friends, and Danny's family, coming in. Applejack grunted and pulled out five bits and gave it to a proud Rainbow Dash. "Thanks for not letting me lose a bet, guys!" she said. Danny and Sam awkwardly smiled at the group.

"You two are so adorable!" Rarity said. Jazz snickered.

"About time!"

"Just don't make me the third wheel." Tucker said simply, shrugging. Danny looked to his parents and silently begged them to not say anything more. They took the hint and said nothing. Danny cleared his throat.

"So how'd it all go?" he asked.

"Fantastic," Twilight said, "We got Blueblood, as you might've keyed into by seeing all the ponies with newspapers. We tricked him and cornered him- and he got his horn chopped off, too!"

"Sweet! He got what he deserved!" Danny said, laughing. "So, what about Vlad?"

"Doesn't remember a thing," Jack said, "They went to change all the ponies on Earth back to humans and to erase their memories. He was released in his office and courtesy of Applejack, given a nice buck to the head to knock him out while they took care of business. He doesn't even remember that Maddie and I know about his identity."

"It's a bit sad, really..." Maddie said. "Jack didn't want to let him go- because he wanted him to stay in the thermos and not be released, so he couldn't cause more trouble. But he had to, because if he didn't, Vlad had a chance to escape again and reveal Equestria all over again." she said. Danny frowned.

"That's...understandable..."

"At least you'll be prepared, right?" Fluttershy said. Danny grinned at her.

"You bet. He doesn't stand a chance. Even though I ended up with a broken wing and third degree burns, I have to admit, that was fun. It was a nice adventure with some old best friends and some new best friends." he said. The group- especially the mane six- gave an 'aww' and everypony tried to hug him. But when Pinkie Pie accidentally touched his wing, he gave a grunt of pain, and they backed up. Pinkie Pie beamed.

"I'll just tack an 'I-O-U Hug for Danny' in my head." she said. "Also, I brought you a cake!" She produced the cake from behind her back- from nowhere. "I made red velvet with buttercream Frosting- your favorite! Jazz told me it was, so I told the Cakes, who made this 'Get Well' cake! I hope you enjoy it!" she said, placing it before Danny. The boy smiled broadly.

"This is great! Somepony pull up a table or something to put this on; cake for everypony!"

They cut up the cake and distributed it among the visitors. Spike shoved his second piece of cake into his mouth. "Man, Danny, you have a great taste in cake. Just imagine how delectable it would be with gems!" he said.

"I don't think we can share that desire with you, Spike...but this is good food." Jazz said. Twilight Sparkle opened her bag and pulled out a piece of parchment and ink and a quill. She smiled.

"How about we write a letter, Spike?"

"Sure!" Spike placed down the plate that was covered in only crumbs and grabbed the parchment.

"Dear Princess Celestia," Twilight began, "We spoke a bit too soon with a recent letter. But with teamwork and cooperation, we captured a criminal. Peace has settled once more upon Equestria and Earth for now. But in this adventure, more than one of us have learned a lesson about friendship."

Danny continued. "I myself, Danny Fenton, learned that some secrets are worth sharing with ponies who need to hear it and that you shouldn't be afraid to speak up. I should've told my parents much earlier about my secret, and I also should've told them right away about who Vlad really was. But I now know that some secrets shouldn't be secrets with some people, especially for those who truly care about you."

"Well spoken, son," Jack said, "Now, I, Jack Fenton, also learned. Even in my forties, I realized there's still much to learn about friendship. I realized that one of my closest friends since being a teenager was really a traitor. It hurt deeply, and it's okay to hurt, but I realize that he was never really a friend at all. You have to know whether or not somepony's a real friend or just a faker. And it's okay that we're not friends- because I still have other friends and family who are honest and love me for being me, my own fudge-loving and ghost-hunting self."

Sam picked it up. "And, I, Sam Manson-"

"-And Danny Fenton,"

"Learned that when you might have strong feelings for one another that perhaps you should share it when you feel ready, and that you shouldn't be embarrassed by what everypony else thinks or says."

Pinkie hopped up and down. "Oh! And I learned that Danny's favorite cake is Red Velvet with Buttercream frosting!"

Spike looked up at her and wrote it down. "Does anypony else have anything to say?"

The room was silent, and Spike wrote "Love, Your Faithful Students," and then wrote something himself. "P.S. Spike did not have to learn anything about friendship, because Spike is the BEST friend of all and already knew all of this. And-"

"Spike..." Applejack said simply. Spike huffed and was about to cross it out before Danny shook his head.

"Nah, let him have his fun. It's harmless." he said. Applejack shrugged and said nothing. Spike's eyes lit up and wrote a bit more.

"Also, Danny is cool with a little fun, so obviously Danny is awesome. Yours truly, Spike."