• Published 15th Jul 2012
  • 2,750 Views, 31 Comments

The Search for the Rogue Pony Prince - JuneLuxray2



When Prince Blueblood is missing and wanted for his crimes, the group sets out to stop him again.

  • ...
4
 31
 2,750

A Black Eye and A Narrow Escape

Rarity was about to scream when Blueblood ran up and closed her mouth with his hoof. "There, no need to shout, my dear. It's been awhile since we last met...I have an important matter to discuss with you. That freak half ghost colt you're friends with and his friends. You could do much better than to be with their kind."

"Danny isn't a freak. He's a hero. Don't call any of my friends that, either." Rarity hissed. Prince Blueblood smirked.

"Oh, but they are, Miss Rarity. And you know it. I daresay I remember when you were in Canterlot- you still stay in touch with Fancypants, don't you? I saw what beauty and grace you had. If you come with me, we could quickly take over three worlds. And you could be my queen. I am...fairly sorry for the way I treated you at the Grand Galloping Gala," he said, attempting to hide his dishonesty, "I need a bride who is as good-looking as me. So, power or friendship with a bunch of nobodies and freaks. What do you say?"

Rarity was quiet a couple of minutes. Her eyes then half-closed and she smiled. Blueblood grinned. "There's the smart pony I know. Now-" he was cut off when a hard hoof came and whacked him straight in the face, knocking him to the floor.

"How dare you? You...you pig!" Rarity shouted, charades over. Her eyes filled with burning hate and rage. "I will never leave my friends! They are the most important ponies I know!"

Prince Blueblood turned bright red with anger, pawing at a black eye that was quickly forming. "Fine, you won't be my queen. But whether or not you want to, I'm taking you with me. They'll focus on saving you whilst I work." he said angrily, beginning to walk to her. Rarity panicked, then her eyes caught onto the gun that Tucker had given her. She lifted it up to face Blueblood, pressed the button on top, and Blueblood screamed as he was sent hurdling backwards. He crashed into the door and burst it open, allowing himself to fall in front of the group- and the public.

Screams and gasps came from the crowd and Rarity's friends. Mothers herded their young foals away from the area, and a few began to run up to tackle the monster. Danny's eyes flashed a bright green and hid in front of his friends. His hoof began to glow a blue to freeze him- but Blueblood's horn glowed, a flash blinded them momentarily, and he was gone.

Rarity was left to stare at a crowd that was staring back, not even recognizing the smoking gun on her hoof anymore. Her friends rushed in, a frantic Spike in the front of the pack. "Rarity! Rarity, are you alright?" Spike yelped. Rarity weakly nodded.

"Y-yes. T-thaanks." she stuttered. The group gave a relieved sigh.

"Oh, thank goodness you're alright!" Fluttershy squeaked.

"What did he want from you?" Twilight Sparkle asked. Rarity grimaced.

"He asked me to leave you all and come with him as his queen. I rejected, hit him, and then blasted him...oh my goodness, that's the oddest thing I think I've ever said." she said flatly. Rainbow Dash grinned.

"That's easily the coolest thing you've ever done! Do it more often!" Rainbow Dash said excitedly. Danny scowled.

"Aw, man! I was so close to freezing him! Ugh. This stinks. At least you're alright, Rarity."

"Worry not, Daniel. I'm more worried about staying here. What if he comes back to try to get me again?" she asked. Fluttershy squeaked in fear.

"What if...if he tries to come for one of us instead of Rarity?"

"We can request that Celestia send some guards to our homes. Besides, I don't think that'd even be a wise move for him. He knows now that news will spread and it'd be too predictable and risky for him to attempt that. But still. Spike, would you mind taking another letter?" Twilight Sparkle asked.

"Oh, would you? That would be perfect. Thank you, Spike." Rarity said, kissing Spike on the cheek. The baby dragon momentarily froze up before sighing in content.

"Anything for you." he said, as if in a dream.

"Don' bother 'bout my farm. It's already uncomfortable with all the guards righ' now." Applejack said. Spike quickly wrote up the request and sent it off. Sam uncomfortably groaned.

"After you're ready, we should get headed to the Far Frozen. I would also imagine Cujo's getting antsy, being invisible this long." she said. Cujo barked in response, though no pony could see him.

"Right. So, what are we waiting for?" Twilight Sparkle said. Tucker raised a hoof.

"Ah, can we make a stop at Sugarcube Corner? I ran out of snacks during the trip. I've already missed two feedings today!" he said. Danny merely laughed while the rest of the mares gave him a blank stare. Sam then elbowed him.

"You'll live. It's not like the Far Frozen would mind sparing a bite for The Great One's 'sidekicks.'" she said. "Man- I mean, pony up- I mean, stallion- oh, forget it. Let's just get going." she said. Tucker moaned.

"And now I missed my third feeding of the day! If I don't make it...someone tell my PDA that I love her!" he said melodramatically, falling over. Pinkie Pie grinned.

"Don't you worry, Tucker! I always bring along extra cupcakes with me! You can have one!" she said, pulling out a chocolate one from her bag. Tucker smiled gratefully at her.

"Pinkie Pie saved me!" He and Pinkie both joyfully gave out a loud 'hooray' as Pinkie got her own cupcake and gave a high-hoof to Tucker.